Play Date with You (JenKai)

By Kayilala

Exo Kai and Blackpink Jennie are the first ones to know the secret relationship of Exo Suho and Blackpink Jis... More

Play Date with You
Prologue
01: DATING NEWS
02: DATING RULES
03: IN A RELATIONSHIP
04: FIRST DATE
05: HAPPINESS
06: CHANROŚE SPECIAL
07: FALL
08: BROTHERHOOD
09: SURPRISE
10: FEELINGS
11: PUNISHMENT
12: FORGET
13: MONTHSARY SPECIAL
14: FATHER
15: LET HER
16: AHJUMMA
17: MAMA BEAR
18: LIE
19: CAN'T
20: REGRET
21: INSANE
22: PARADISE
23: HURT
24: STOP
25: GROUP DATE
26: TRUTH
28: CHOOSE
29: FINALLY
30: CONCERT
Epilogue

27: SELFISH

668 36 5
By Kayilala

27: SELFISH

(Recap: Ahjumma Ruby is Jennie's real Eomma who is a friend of Jongin's parents that treats Jongin as her own son after she left Jennie for some unknown reason. She is mentioned in chapter 16: AHJUMMA)

***
3 R D P E R S O N P O V

Kim Jongin woke up in such a good mood the next few days after that group date. He is always grinning widely and seems to be enjoying everything even his Hyung's annoying him is not enough to make him frown.

Baekhyun called it the whipped by love effect.

"Good morning Ahjumma Ruby~" Jongin sing-song as he went to the kitchen and saw Ahjumma Ruby cooking breakfast for him.

"You're glowing Jongin-ah." Ahjumma Ruby teased as she chopped the meat she's going to fry.

Jongin gave her a cheeky smile, "I am aren't I?"

"Mind telling me why you're in such a good mood these days? I'm not use to it.." Ahjumma Ruby keeps on intriguing.

"You would tell Eomma.." Jongin teased her as he pouted like a baby.

"Come on Jongin-ah. I, as your second mom needs to know so I could report to your mother." Ahjumma Ruby played along.

Jongin put his pointing finger on his chin acting like he is thinking if he is going to tell her or not but in the end, he can't keep any secrets from Ahjumma Ruby. The lady is like a second mom to him and is always updated with his everyday life to update his mother as well.

Ahjumma Ruby knew about his playdates with Jennie. She knew about Jongin's feelings for Jennie. And she knew that Jongin got dumped by Jennie. She is very supportive with Jongin's feelings for Jennie but for some reason, Jongin felt Ahjumma Ruby's protectiveness towards Jennie and an unexplainable emotions on her eyes whenever he mentioned Jennie's name.

Just like the mixed emotions on Ahjumma Ruby's face now that he's telling her what happened on their group date.

"I feel like I am in cloud nine when she said yes!" Jongin recalled with a bliss shown on his face. "She's jealous. She's affected. Jennie likes me, Ahjumma Ruby. She has feelings for me.."

Jongin helped Ahjumma Ruby in placing the plates on the table. She seems quiet for some reason and that made him observant about her. She looks worried.

"Is her dad.." she whispered but Jongin heard.

"Ahjumma Ruby?" He asked out of concern.

Ahjumma Ruby seems to be pulled back in reality and she quickly shook her head. "Nothing. I-I need to go, Jongin."

"Ahjumma Ruby--" Jongin calls but Ahjumma Ruby just waved at him and mouthed her goodbye before going out.

Jongin stopped for a second to think of what has suddenly happened to the lady but in the end, he followed her.

***

On the other side of the building where Jongin lives, Jennie is having a brunch with Cha Hyesoo (Jongdae's wife, imaginary name) together with Baby Sarang. She is enjoying Hyesoo's story about Baby Sarang and making Sarang smile when she saw a familiar figure of a woman got out from the building through the restaurant's glass window.

Her mouth agape when a flashback of the woman's figure quickly flashes on her mind.

"Eomma.." her little self called.

But the woman never looked at her, she continues to walk away.

"Eomma!" Jennie's little self shouted.

But the woman she called her mother never looked back.. and just disappeared.

"Sarang's first baby tooth showed up last week and she had a sudden high fever that made me so nervous.." Hyesoo was telling her stories when she decided to stood up and grab her chanel purse.

"Jen! Where are you going?" Hyesoo called.

"I think I saw someone I knew!" She said as she excused herself.

She got out of the restaurant, looking for the figure of a woman very similar to her mom. Every step made Jennie's heart beat with mixed emotions.. but even with all the anger and sadness in it, she can't deny the fact that the most prominent emotion is hope.

Jennie turned and saw the woman crossing the street. Even the way they walk is the same..

She has a feeling that it's really her.

"Eomma.." she called.. more like whisper to herself as she took a step to follow the woman.

Jennie felt her eyes misting as she chose to run to the woman who is now drifting away from her sight. No. She can't let her mother go away again! She want to talk to her, she has so many questions inside her head.

She needed her.

"Eomma.." she called out of nowhere as the woman was now out of her sight.

She looked around, like a lost kid she is looking for her mom.

"Eomma.." Jennie calls again when she is about to mindlessly crossed the street..

..and then she heard a loud beeping sound of a vehicle.

"Jennie!" And that voice saved her along with a hand that grabs her arm.

She felt Jongin's strong arm on her waist as her cheek landed on his solid chest, feeling every beat of his heart that matches the fast beating of hers.

"You scared me.." Jongin said as he put his hand on Jennie's cheek.

His eyes slightly widened when he saw her tear stained face. He gently brushes of another set of tears that slid on her cheek using his thumb.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Jongin panicked because he doesn't want Jennie to cry, it pains him to see her cry. "Jennie.. why are you crying?"

Jennie slightly took a step back as she tried to compose herself. She shook her head and gave him a fake smile. "Crying? Who? Me?" She fake a laughter.

"Jagiya.." Jongin called seriously, not buying her act.

She bit her lower lip and look away. Her eyes are bloodshot and her cheeks are wet. She can't hide the evidence that she cried and Jongin saw tears rolled out of her eyes. So no matter how she fake a smile and laughter, he won't believe her.

"What are you doing here?" She tried to avoid his questions instead.

But Jongin didn't answer, it's as if he wanted her to answer his questions first. His eyes is laced with pure concern that made her look away because she is not yet ready to open up to him the topic about her mother.

The fact that she is not allowed to love him is enough reason, telling him her deepest vulnerability is like giving him a chance to make her fall deeper than she already does.

Jennie looked at the other side of the street, wishing to see the familiar figure of a woman again but she saw none. She clenches her fist as she heave a sigh and looked at Jongin who is busy staring at her, trying to decipher the reason why she cried.

Silence envelope between the two for a couple of seconds before Jongin took a step towards Jennie to give her a hug.. and it somehow take away the heavy burden on Jennie's chest. Kai's bear hug gives Jennie a comfort that she wants to feel from a certain someone she had hope to finally see.

"I am here.." Jongin whispered as he caressed Jennie's hair with gentle stroke, "don't cry Jennie-yah, I will always be here for you.."

His soothing voice warms her entire system.

Jennie could only sigh because she know she can't make herself back away, not in that moment where she is at her weakness almost seeing her mom and now Jongin is comforting her.

She wants to hold on to him.

For that moment, she is scared to leave him, she is tired of hurting him.

Jennie wants to be selfish for the first time in her life.

Because.. she is scared of being in the same situation again. She is scared that someday when Kai got tired of pursuing her, she will be the one to run after him and it will all be too late for her to cross the street for him and no one will save her from the danger that's coming anymore.

Eomma.. if I had chosen to be selfish like you, would I be finally happy?

Even if being selfish will hurt the only parent that stayed with me..?

***

(A/N: The ending is coming near! Thank you all for making it this far in reading and supporting my story<3 five or more chapters to go before the epilogue o((*^▽^*))o

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 173 20
Kim jongin ceo of fashion industry wants unknown fashion designer for his company jennie Kim unknown fashion designer wants to be successful and ha...
52.7K 2.7K 63
where taehyung and jisoo fell in love each other but they have to leave each other before they could confess their love started at: 1st December 2020...
1.4M 34.1K 37
"You're my one and only." "He's Kai, my friend." "I love you, Lisa." Lies. 'What does it take to make you tell me the Truth, Jennie?' WARNING ⚠️: SE...
10.7K 420 49
Before Irene closed her eyes he asked Jin (her ex) to prove (by kissing her) if he still love her. He silently walked away and the man behind him (S...