Lost Luna

By XDeafening_SilenceX

Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritag... More

Season List for Lost Luna
Hello
COPYRIGHT PAGE
announcement ~ Wattpad Originals & YONDER
Readers Views
miserable
champagne
fall
coffee
mate
shift
leave
new
forest
doctor
friend
hard work
problems
afire
suspicion
breaking point
control
lonesome
transform
green
dance
blur
headache
dominance
bewilderment
office
barren
lyra
whistle
sunset
BONUS ~ mate
nervous
shirt
traveller
a while
raw
BONUS ~ interest
BONUS ~ intervene
feeling
caged
quiet
BONUS ~ uncertain
rain
raven
ally
thoughts
cold
BONUS ~ care
warmth
story
brother
anger
revelation
phone call
gaia
takeover
plan
curious
sleep
BONUS ~ close
blood
goodbyes
pack
BONUS ~ protect
north
anxious
cowardly
fear
BONUS ~ unconsciousness
reality
stealth
attack
revenge
embrace
heal
consolation
safe
castle
royal
serve
peaceful
tension
case
stranger
empathy
BONUS ~ pleasure 18+
reassurance
strong
death
BONUS ~ challenge
honour
BONUS ~ travels
grateful
thankful
morning
abilities
desire
BONUS ~ desire 18+
mated
happy
Sequel updates
New Cover!
the series continues

hold

207K 7.9K 3.1K
By XDeafening_SilenceX

verb ~ to grasp, support or carry with one's hands

Once we had located a change of clothes, I let out a loud sigh. We had walked in silence, even the birds above us were quiet. Phoenix somehow managed to walk quietly and stealthily even when in we walked through the messy treeline.

He cleared his throat when he neared the house and turned to me. He was just dressed in pyjama-type bottoms, his delicious torso on view. I huffed and crossed my arms, not meeting his gaze.

"I have matters to attend to." He spoke.

"And?" I snapped, looking down at the mud between my toes.

He sighed. "Were you always this spirited?"

I shrugged. "Everything needs a little watering and time."

He chuckled and this time I looked up at him.

"That's true." He smiled softly. "You'll see someday Nova, that what you just said means more than you'll know."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but he merely turned and walked away without another glance. I felt curious about his 'personal matters' so decided to follow him. I kept a good distance away, moving as quietly as I could. I may be clumsy, but I was small, so it worked well.

As I peeked my head around the last corner of the house, I saw him approach a bunch of people. I sniffed slightly as the wind drew their scent in my direction. They were not from this pack.

Phoenix greeted each man and stood there before a beautiful woman stepped toward him. They hugged each other, him placing a kiss on her cheek. Her long black hair was braided down past her shoulders and her dark skin glistened in the sunlight. It seemed she didn't have a single imperfection on her.

"Nice to see you again, Phoenix." The black beauty cooed.

His hand smoothed down her back as they hugged, and I could feel the boiling jealously coming to the surface. She called him by his name and not his title, and he was touching her way too much to be strangers.

A low whimper left my throat as they turned and walked up the front steps, his hand on her upper hip. He must've heard because his head turned in my direction, but I quickly darted behind the house.

I slithered myself down the wall until I sat with my knees to my chest. Who was that woman? And why were they so close to each other? Was this the reason he wouldn't accept me; he had someone else?

I tried to stop the tears, but I found them defeating me and dripping down my chin. I sniffled before deciding to go to my room. I jogged blindly through the front doors and the foyer. Today had been too much and I was too confused and overrun with emotions. I couldn't handle the abundance of them. I just wanted to get away and have some alone time.

In my blind haste, I bumped into someone, but they gripped my arms to stop me from falling. I shrieked an apology and tried to move out of their way.

"Nova?"

It was Sean. I looked up at him through blurry eyes and his hands moved from my arms to cup my cheeks in his hands. His grey eyes studied me with a deep frown, and I let out a pathetic smile as he wiped my tears away with his thumb.

"What happened?" He whispered.

"I-I c-can't." I shook my head, closing my eyes.

He forced my face back upwards to stare into my eyes. His eyes darted all over my face, his mind probing to try and reach mine. He was so close to me that I could see all of his eyelashes.

"What's wro-"

"Sean? Nova? What's going on here?" A new voice inquired.

I recognised the scents of the intruders coming from behind me. I turned out of Sean's grip and wiped at my nose with my hand, being only in a large shirt I didn't have many options.

"N-nothing B-Beta." I sniffled.

Charlie scrutinised me, the people behind him eyeing us in curiosity. I noticed Phoenix and the woman step into the foyer from the hallway that led from the kitchen. When he saw me, he frowned, and his eyes narrowed.

"I heard what happened on the field today, are you okay? Why are you crying?" Charlie wondered; concern etched on his features.

I looked away from his brown eyes to stare at the floor. "It's f-fine. Ex-excuse me, I'm g-going to m-my-my room."

I turned with a nod of my head and began to briskly walk up the stairs. I heard Sean call out for me before following behind.

"Gamma Sean-" Phoenix growled a warning.

Sean paused on the steps, and I glanced from where I was on the foyer's balcony to see him eyeing me. Sean turned his head to glance down at the wolves below us before sighing.

"Sorry Alpha, but Nova is my concern right now since no one else seems to be... Ask someone else to help." He grunted, turning around.

My eyes widened and I ran the rest of the way to my room and flung the door open. I hastily collapsed onto my bed, the tears flowing freely onto my sheets. I heard my door close before Sean's heavy footsteps came to a stop beside me. He let out a soft sigh before the sound of his boots hit the ground. His jeans rustled as he climbed into my bed and laid down against my pillows, a leg coming to rest on either side of me.

I whimpered and crawled into his outstretched arms. I lay against his side, my head resting on his chest and my legs against his. One hand came to rest on my shoulders, the other smoothing my hair out of my face.

We lay in silence for a while, the sound of the pack house dulls in the background. So many thoughts raced through my head at once but I was just so confused. Once my mind and tears began to settle, Sean's hand came to wipe at my cheeks.

"Wanna tell me what that was about?" He wondered.

His voice was gentle in the quiet room and I appreciated how comfortable it was. I turned my head away from staring at my bed covers to look up at his face. He had about five chins in this position which amused me a little, but his face was etched with concern.

I sighed and licked my lips to try and aid the dryness in my throat. "After I shifted I ran and he chased me. It was all I could think to do."

He smiled softly. "I wanted to come with you."

I chuckled. "I ran for a while. I crossed border territory without realising, I guess. A rogue came out of nowhere and attacked me, got a good swipe at me too."

His eyes widened and he sat us up. "Are you okay? Where did it get you?"

I smiled. "I'm fine, but Phoenix came and killed it."

He grimaced. "That's good I suppose. At least you're okay. Is it healing? Not infected, is it? Rogues are filthy."

I shrugged. "I've not checked it since, but I washed it in a nearby stream."

"You should probably check it out." He grumbled.

"Let me finish my story first." I clicked my tongue.

He chuckled an okay, so I continued. "Whilst I was bathing he shifted and came over to me. His wolf comforted me, I could feel his longing. But when Phoenix shifted back, he began to reprimand me. He told me how I shouldn't have shifted and revealed my wolf to everyone. About how I need to be more responsible and grown up."

Sean grumbled, the sound vibrating against my head.

"He started saying I had no control so I bit back and began shouting at him. He talked to me like a child and claimed me to be testing him. He tried to pull the Alpha card on me, but I shot him down about mate equality and all that. I pushed him too far about not expressing his emotions, pushed him to tell me why he was acting his way and ignored the bond. And just when I thought he'd finally snap and reject me he kissed me."

Sean tensed and I heard him take in a deep breath. "And then what happened?"

"Once it was over, I asked him why again and he claims he has to keep it a secret and that I'd understand eventually. Then we ignored each other and came back home." I paused. "When we parted ways, I followed him to find him embracing some random woman, not from round here. He-he never let go of her. I can't h-help but-but put things together in my head."

He sighed, his once tense hand coming to pull me to sit to face him. "I really don't understand him, Nova. You wouldn't feel him being unfaithful since you're not marked... but Phoenix isn't like that. I don't know why he wouldn't accept you as his mate, he's an idiot."

I chuckled. "I'm just so confused Sean, about what to do and what to believe. I thought when he brought me here, that he would be my knight in shining armour but he changed so much. He actively avoids me."

"He wasn't happy about me following you up here." He grimaced.

"He can't talk when his arms are around another woman." I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, I'm gonna check this wound out."

I crawled from my bed and fished out some cotton underwear, cotton shorts and a vest from my drawers. I went into my bathroom aware of Sean's gaze following me.

I slid off the man's shirt and grimaced at the cuts along my side. Even though I'd cleaned it there was still mud in the cut preventing it from closing. I sighed and chose to climb into the shower. I felt grimy and still sweaty from the long run and exercise in the July heat.

Once I was washed and dry I pulled on the pants and shorts and searched my drawers for cream. I couldn't find any.

"Sean?" I called.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"I've run out of antiseptic cream, do you think you could-"

"Already on it, Novie. I went and got some whilst you showered." He chuckled.

"Oh, great thanks." I sighed.

I pulled my top on and unlocked the door for him to enter. His eyes brightened as he took me in and stood beside me to place a few things I needed on the counter.

"I'll do it, hop up." He smiled.

I thanked him and jumped myself onto the counter, wincing as the skin pulled. I lifted my top to one side and held it just below my breast so he could see.

He grimaced before getting the disinfectant spray and cleaning it. "You're a slow healer."

"I know." I winced at the burning before pulling my shorts' waistband down on. "I have a high pain tolerance though."

He chuckled and dabbed my hip dry. "I know, and Cel is badass."

I sighed in satisfaction as he wiped antiseptic cream along the length of the cuts. His fingers were gentle even though they were naturally rough and dry. He placed a large mesh gauze over it and patted it down gently. I dropped my clothes once it was on and we just stayed like that for a moment, him watching my face as I stared at my hands on my lap.

"Who is she, Sean?" I whispered.

He sighed. "Lyra Johnson. Daughter of Alpha Thomas from Full Moon. She visits often."

So, she's the daughter of an Alpha... More trained and elegant than I'd ever be

I could hear the hesitation in his voice so probed him for more.

He frowned and studied me for a moment. "She and Alpha... have a long history."

"What kind?" I swallowed, holding his gaze.

He licked his lips and sighed. "I'm not sure. Phoenix has always been secretive. The pack rumour is they were together and at one point I overheard Alpha talking to her father about arrangements."

I grimaced at the hollow feeling inside eating away at my chest. "You know I had a thought but hearing that out loud..."

His hand grabbed at my face and dragged it up to look at him again. "Don't think like that. Show him what he's missing."

"Why should I?" I smiled sadly and grabbed his stubbly cheek in return. "It's hard Sean...T-To pretend that he doesn't exist. I don't know how he does it."

He smiled softly and helped me jump down from the counter. "You're strong, you've faced so much you can do this. He'll never learn, you gotta decide if it's worth fighting or not. I'll be here by your side Nova."

I tiptoed to kiss his cheek before embracing him. "Thank you, Sean."

His large arms wrapped around my shoulders, caging me in. He rested his head on mine and sighed heavily. What would I do without him?

******

Question of the Day: what are we all thinking of Sean right now??

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2021 © XDeafening_SilenceX on Wattpad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 8K 60
[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf whose life is controlled by scientists. All...
3.8M 138K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...
2.4M 75K 46
Cover by @auroralust This book is available on Goodreads under this title Elora Reed has spent the majority of her life being beaten, abused and scre...
261K 15.3K 47
Sometimes, the line between enemy and lover is even thinner than it appears... Monsters exist. But so do Hunters. Evelyn Del Val comes from a long li...