One Fateful Night (ON GOING)

By i_cecream

Gulf, drunk out of his wits, had a one night stand with a complete stranger. However, as much as he wants to... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
NOTICE
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 🔞
Chapter 43

Chapter 13

2.9K 180 24
By i_cecream

A wave of nausea jolts Gulf awake and he hurriedly runs to the bathroom. Immediately, he is kneeling and puking his gut out.

While Mew is also awakened by the light commotion since it’s also around the time for the older to wake up. Hearing the noises from the bathroom, he quickly follows the younger after grabbing a glass of water.

“Gulf!”

Frantic, Mew rubs the younger’s back up and down while kneeling beside him as the younger continues to empty his stomach.

“Gulf...”

Mew feels useless that there’s nothing he can do; and for the nth time he can never get used to this.

Silently, he attends the younger until Gulf slumps limply on the bathroom floor after few more minutes.

Mew watches how Gulf leans back on the wall, tilts his head upward as if to hold himself but a lone tear is able to escape onto his cheek.

Again, Mew feels like something is pricking inside his chest. He can’t believe the younger has been suffering like this probably for weeks and he has done nothing but cook, thinking it was enough. What the fuck, Mew.

Before he can stop himself, he envelops the younger in his arms.

“Ssh, it’s okay, nong. I’m here, na.”

“Phi...”

Gulf’s weak voice which almost sounds like a plea doesn’t go unnoticed by Mew. So, the older tightens his hold on the younger until Mew feels arms snaking around him and clutching on the fabric of his shirt as the other guy cries silently.

After their little commotion in the bathroom, Mew immediately tells the younger not to attend his internship yet. But hearing the younger’s ‘I’m fine’ and ‘I’m good’ again, Mew lets him be.

The younger’s stubbornness is topnotch that Mew just wants to pull his hair. They almost argue about the driver but this time Mew has given Gulf no other choice, it’s either Gulf will go with a driver or with Mew. Mew keeps reminding himself to be patient because this Gulf might also be the effect of the pregnancy.

However, aside from sharing a room and random small talks, Mew still notices how the younger is so distant to him and unlike what the doctor has said, Gulf never asks him of anything. He is aware that he can’t keep this up.

He is sick of Gulf’s ‘I’m good’, ‘I’m fine’, and what more his infamous ‘I don’t need anything.’

And indeed, Mew he is pushed in a corner just few days after.

Mew is currently reading a proposal in that afternoon when the ringing of his phone catches his attention. When he notices that it is Gulf’s supervisor whom he secretly asked to keep an eye to the younger and to report to him immediately in any issues, he answers without delay.

“Sam.”

“Good afternoon, sir. It’s about Gulf, he has been vomiting in—”

“Where?!”

Mew quickly runs to his door and approaches the elevator. A passed out Gulf again flashes at the back of his mind and he can’t help but feel scared. He has been anxiously raking his hair with the slow motion of the lift. Damn, why isn’t there a turbo for this thing or something?

When Mew reaches to the younger’s floor, he runs to where the restroom is located and he notices some employees, probably curious with what’s happening, since Mew knew that the supervisor herself is currently attending to Gulf.

The curious stares turn, some, into surprised, and some, into an utter shock upon seeing the President of the company which will soon be the new CEO himself in that specific location.

Too busy to care about anyone, Mew rushes to where Gulf is and sees the younger still kneeling on the floor with his supervisor attending him.

“Gulf…”

Mew for the second time on that day, since it has become like his routine to attend to the younger every morning, rubs the younger’s back.

“S-Sir…should I call an a-ambulance?”

The supervisor is unsure of their President’s relationship to Gulf and she is not the typical nosy employee so she simply follows what she was told and seeing her intern on such condition although it isn’t her fault, she can’t help but feel guilty.

“Sam, call an am—”

Before Mew can finish his sentence, a hand has clutched his button-down shirt and Mew sees the younger shaking his head weakly.

“You’re not okay, na? We will have you checked.”

Mew has spoken in such a soft tone that has never been heard before by his subordinates.

The man is not unkind but very professional and often talks in monotone. Therefore, for those who are there, and are seeing and hearing their President’s act can’t help but feel very curious to know who Gulf is. And their curiosity even tripled when they heard the intern’s reply.

“I’m fine, Phi. Just…just get me out of here, please.”

Mew wants to pull his hair again hearing the younger’s words. But before he can nag with people around which he didn’t pay much attention before, but suddenly Mew knew that there are a lot of people there, curious people, as to why he is here. He sighs.

“We will talk in my office, Nong.”

The supervisor, upon witnessing things before her, quickly commands her subordinates to get back to work before she asks:  “Do you need anything, sir?”

“No, Sam. Thank you for informing me.”

Mew slowly helps the younger up and when Gulf finishes rinsing his mouth; only then Gulf realized what happened. Why is Mew here?

Mew seems to read the younger’s eyes so he says, “I asked your supervisor to watch over you.”

With a nod from Gulf, Mew holds the younger’s wrist and is about to head outside when the younger doesn’t budge.

“My…my arm, Phi.”

Mew shots his look from his hold onto Gulf’s wrist then to the younger himself then back and forth.

When Gulf notices this and the serious expression on Mew’s face, he sighs and lets himself be dragged by the older.

Will he be out in open so soon?

The younger is not sure if he has readied himself enough. He even kind of forgotten about it because honestly, he doesn’t know, and working helps him divert his mind.

Gulf can feel eyes on them as they walk; his wrist still on Mew’s hold. He keeps his head bowed to avoid any eye contact. He just lets the older drag him to wherever Mew plans to take him. Since, aside from feeling uncomfortable and quite nervous of what’s about to come, he is feeling weak from vomiting.

When they reach to Mew’s office, the older continues to drag the younger towards the couch. Gulf, like an obedient puppy, flops himself on the furniture and follows Mew with his round eyes as the older opens a closet and from there, pulls a white button-down then walks back to him.

Mew, with a hand inside his pocket, stands in front of Gulf and hands him the shirt.

“Change into this for now, Nong,”

“H-Huh?” Gulf blinks a couple of times staring at the material.

“You’re back is sweaty, Gulf. Change into that before you rest.”

Confused, Gulf asks, “But what about work, Phi?”

Mew can only sigh with Gulf’s rebuttal. As if he would let him work after that. No, as if he would let the younger alone unattended. Not again. If he has to stick to the younger 24/7 to assure their safety, he will.

“Forget about it for now, Nong. Change first and we’ll talk.”

Gulf is left with no choice but to follow. With a sigh and head full of thoughts, he bends his head and starts to unbutton his own shirt…completely oblivious to another pair of eyes.

On the other hand, Mew’s mind short-circuits for a second as his eyes bulged and he almost choked from his own saliva, while watching Gulf undress in front of him. Yes, he is aware that they are both men…but he was expecting Gulf to—he’s not so sure himself—maybe ask for a restroom…?

Mew is supposed to tear his eyes off from the younger but he is glued on his spot as if time has stopped. He sees the younger’s chest peeking down his smooth skin on his lean abdomen, to his belly which is kind of swollen.

Mew has balled his fist to strengthen his resolve not to touch the beautiful human being who is basically half-naked on his couch.

The older gulps and inhales so deep as if air is not enough before he snaps out of it and settles on the vacant space beside the younger to not see things. How could he feel like…that?

After changing, Gulf snaps to look at Mew who is just beside him, sitting almost too still—back erect and hands on his lap: “What are we gonna talk about, Phi?”

“H-HUH..?”

Gulf frowns and cocks his head on a side upon hearing a surprised tone of the older.

Mew who seems to retrieve his mind back, hastily says, “Uh, yes…I mean...um…why…?”

Gulf’s frown deepens upon hearing the question. Or is it a question? So he also asks, “Why…?”

Mew wants to slap himself for his stupidity. How could he act like a stupid teenager just because of a few skin and from a man at that?

What the hell, Mew. But he can’t dismiss the younger’s belly, it looks smooth and swollen and so damn sexy and…oh fuck.

Mew shuts his eyes for a second, opens them and clears his throat: “I mean...wha—why…how are you feeling?”

Gulf brows knit sensing the older’s restlessness. “I’m fine, Phi,” he replies, although bewildered.

Mew doesn’t know if he feels thankful or what that the not-so-decent thoughts in his mind evaporate right away upon hearing the younger with his words, again. However, it is replaced with irritation. Mew feels so done with Gulf’s ‘I’m fine’.

Mew lets an exasperated breath and chooses to think about his next step before he completely loses it to the younger and regret.

“Rest for now, Gulf or do you want to go the infirmary?”

Hearing Mew’s tone which indicates irrevocableness, Gulf answers, “I’m good here, Phi.”

Mew nods and is about to stand when Gulf words halts him.

“Won’t I disturb you here, Phi?”

Gulf doesn’t miss the older’s warm eyes before Mew smiles.

“You will never disturb me, Nong.”

Gulf smiles with a nod before he settles himself on the comfortable couch; he can guess that Mew selected or customize the furniture himself from the length and width. Since, Mew is a little taller and a whole lot bigger than him; he feels more than comfortable lying down.

On the other hand, Mew has been sighing as he sits behind his desk. He can’t help but glance on the younger who is peacefully napping on his couch. He has been glancing at Gulf almost every minute which might as well as good as staring. He can’t just wrap his head on Gulf’s stubbornness. Why won’t the other lean on him?

Mew sighs. He has decided to dismiss his work and instead, goes to think of ways on how to make Gulf comfortable with him. And as ridiculous as it may seem, Mew spent the rest of his working hours researching on how to make a person comfortable to another person as fast as possible.

Mew watches Gulf on his couch slouching and staring blankly onto nothing. The younger has just woken up on his own before Mew can even do his initial plan to wake him. From Mew’s angle, he can see that Gulf is still disoriented with hair a little messy.

It’s time for them to go home and of the weeks they lived together, they never go home together and usually Mew is always late to come home because of his work—something he plans to change starting today.

The older even realized that the only true interaction he has with the younger at home is over breakfast. Because when he comes home, usually the younger is already asleep—which brings him to another reason why he needs to spend more time with the younger, Gulf does nothing but sleep the entire afternoon—another thing that worries Mew: Gulf’s sleeping pattern.

Although the doctor has spoken to him that a pregnant person sleeps a lot, the doctor also told him that he should be watchful because too much sleeping can be a red flag of stress and worst, depression.

And observing Gulf’s behavior, Mew can’t stop himself from worrying, call him paranoid but Gulf always sleeps and he has this distant look on his eyes from time to time.

Maybe he can ask his father to postpone his retirement, Mew thinks with a sigh.

The older is close to fidgeting his fingers as he sits just looking at Gulf. He has decided to put to use the things he found on his research and even if he will not lose millions on what he’s about to do, he is quite nervous.

Mew has fixed his stuffs already and Gulf things are already on the younger’s car since Mew called the driver to fetch the younger’s things while the owner is out for the world.

In short, they are set to go.

However, Mew can’t seem bring himself to stand and do it as he has decided to apply the method he found which he thinks is very useful and effective. Therefore, it’s now or never.

Mew rubs his palms together, slightly praying for things to go well. He won’t get punch, will he? Gulf doesn’t look like a person you would do such, or does he? But still.

Mew stands, rounds to his table and stops in front of his desk. He leans his bottom on it as he crosses his arms, eyes still fixed on Gulf who seems to be oblivious with anything in the world. Let’s do it.

“Come here for a sec, Nong.”

Mew sees how the younger slightly jerks from his seat with his voice which surprises him a little. Is Gulf that out of it? Mew can only shake his head a little.

Gulf slowly makes his way to where the older is. He stops right in front of Mew waiting for...something he doesn’t know. His mind is still a little foggy due to sleepiness…which cleared up into confusion and fluster right away.

“P-Phi...?! W-wha...w-why...wh—”

Mew can only chuckle with how the younger squeaks and stammers when he pulls Gulf by the waist into his arms as he cuts him: “Do you hate this?”

“Wh-Wha...N-Not really b-but, I-I mean w-why…”

Gulf can feel his face heat up. Any sign of sleepiness has left him entirely, with no trace. How did he end up in the older’s embrace? And why?!

“Just stay still for a minute, Nong.”

Gulf can feel something ticklish in his stomach and in his spine. He’s not going to puke, is he? He doesn’t feel like it. Plus, the older’s deep voice and soft tone as Mew’s breath fans by his neck is not helping at all. What the fuck, Kanawut?

“B-B-But P-Phi—”

“Ssssh…”

Gulf goes still as his mind runs in miles trying to assess what is happening and why is Mew hugging him like this out of the blue?

With Gulf’s submission, silence engulfs the two men as the younger remains in the older’s hold.

Mew can feel how stiff Gulf is in his arms as he wraps his arms on Gulf’s waist. He doesn’t feel any contact on his body which means the younger is not reciprocating his gesture. But he has to work on it some other time. Mew will focus on the task at hand.

As Mew hugs the younger, a familiar scent wafts in his nose. Gulf’s scent. And he can't help but remember the first time he smelled such scent...

In Mew’s dizzy state, he simply staggered his way onto the bed after a certain door opened. The room is poorly lit and in his state, it is not far from complete darkness itself.

He flopped himself onto the bed and stabilized his breathing before he rolled onto one side. Then he felt like he hit something and his nose was hit with a scent...something that he took a liking quickly. It smelled too good that he couldn’t help but succumb to the feeling. He badly wanted to smell it and maybe taste it.

He snuggled close to the scent and he started licking…

…Mew shuts his eyes from such piece of hazy memory as he tightens his hold on the younger. He is supposed to let go by now but his body is not cooperating. He never thought that Gulf is cozy to hold. Just few more minutes.

Gulf relaxes a little on Mew’s hold but his hands remain on his sides, not hugging back, and his mind is still working per millisecond as to what leads the older to act like this. He feels awkward and confused and flustered.

But Gulf can’t deny the fact that somehow, he finds himself not disliking this. It feels warm.

Still hugging the younger; Mew breaks the silence.

“I told you that I will work on making you comfortable, right?”

“Y-Yeah…b-but what it has got to do with h-hugging…?”

“I did my research, Nong. Majority of the researches said that physical contact, especially hugging allows you to feel how the person feels. And since, you’re very tight lipped…” Mew teases before he adds, “and you don’t want to bother telling me things, I will just have to get it from you.”

“I will hug you anytime every day from now on; that way I will learn to sense how you feel. Plus, it eases stress,” Mew explains.

Gulf is surprised that Mew has observed him that keenly. And he’s even more surprised how Mew knows that he not comfortable bothering him. He is about to argue when Mew stops him.

“Nong, I’m doing my best to break our walls so you can be comfortable with me,” Mew says. “Let me, na?”

With no response from the other, Mew continues, “Just see me as your hugging buddy.”

“H-Hugging buddy?” Gulf is sure he hasn’t heard such words before.

“Um, if not, then…your human teddy bear? I know I’m neither fluffy nor soft but just bear with it for a while.” Mew laughs from his own words.

Hearing Mew’s words, Gulf can’t help but smile. Mew is sincerely trying his best to make him comfortable. How can he say no to that? He sighs in defeat before he mumbles, “This sounds crazy.”

Mew only lets out a chuckle.

“Just let me do it, Nong. Sooner or later, we’ll be so close you’ll end up sharing to me about your crushes.”

Gulf sighs. What more can go wrong in this weird relationship…right?

***
To be continued…

Well, I really love how our P’Mew in real life has broken Gulfie’s walls as they worked on TharnType. So, this chap is inspired to that. :)

I found sth amusing, btw. This story, as I checked has 1.11K reads and 111 votes lol. I’m quite surprised because I don’t check to avoid pressure.

Thank you so much for the reads, votes and comments. Keep on, it also keeps me going! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 6.1K 17
Gulf is wild, filthy and has a bitchy attitude. He lives each day as if it's his last. He is faced with a dilemma when he has to choose between love...
105K 4.4K 76
A MewGulf fanfiction. A story of two lost souls who are brought together by a messed up situation. Or would it be better to say brought together by f...
294K 13.6K 41
UNEXPECTED SERIES GEN-1 ----- Gulf Kanawut, the cold faced heartthrob CEO of GD Corp. He could kill you with just his glare, a hot tempered rich man...
99.8K 6.1K 42
#2 in Gulf Kanawut (31st May 2022) #1 in Gay Fanfiction (12th Sept 2021) #1 in Childhood Friends (9th May 2021) #8 in Mew Suppasit (4th Feb 2021) #3...