(Hiatus) Loving through Time

Od moodyrara

~ On Indefinite Hiatus Viac

A/N
CHAPTER 1 - Anika 2.0
CHAPTER 2 - Watch where you walk!
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4 - A sweet delicacy
CHAPTER 5 - Dark stranger
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7 - The new guy
CHAPTER 8 - One step closer to the truth
CHAPTER - 9 I'm sorry okay, I overslept!
Chapter 10 - The flight of daydreams and nightmares
Chapter 11. The party awaits.
Chapter 12 - The dance
Chapter 13 - Dance, Wine & a punch
Chapter 15 - Two adorable Owls
Chapter 16 - Homecoming
Chapter 17 - An annoying mystery
Chapter 18 - The B Word
CHAPTER 19 Our Secret
CHAPTER 20 A key to the past

Chapter 14 - Just plain amazing, Annika

170 25 5
Od moodyrara

When I woke up, I did not feel alone today.

I pulled my blanket down, yawning while sitting up straight. My clothes were haphazard and ruffled, sticking to me at some ends and pulled at the other.

Then I knew why I did not feel alone. Because I wasn't.

I covered my mouth to stop myself from gasping too loud.

No, this can't be. No. No. No.

I was in this room full of plush pillows- a lounge alone, lying against a man. We were both covered in the same blanket. O my sweet god. Had I slept with this man? Did I have a one-night stand of some sorts?

No.

When I tried to remember the happenings of last night, it was all blur. Come on Annika! What are the last things I remember.

I came back to my room, Yes. I freshened up, Yes. I hunted the lounge next to my room, Yes. And then. Yes, shivay came here. I narrowed my eyes staring at the blanket.

Wait.

I rolled over the blanket covering the man's face.

I pressed my fingers to my eyes. It was Shivay.

Still closing my eyes, I pulled the blanket lower. Please be wearing clothes, I prayed. Please. Be. Wearing. Clothes.

I huffed out a breath when I saw him fully clothed. Thank God.

For all the alcohol I consumed, I tried to avoid getting into a one-night stand. I still didn't remember what my life was like before.

So yes, I haven't slept with anyone in two freaking years. Probably longer, who knows.
It sounds frustratingly impossible but I had some close calls at bars. It was why I avoided getting drunk alone. It was always with Om or Gauri. Rudra usually didn't get too drunk because of his gym routine.

After the accident, I was in a coma for about 6-7 months. When I woke up, I was straight in therapy and then I started working.

Therapy lasted a month. It did not work as it was supposed to. Because I didn't feel anything. No grief, nothing. I felt like I was torn but not for the reasons the therapist mentioned. So I dropped it. I had a few ups and downs after that. But I was fine until. .

I stared at Shivay's eyes. His eyelids against his brows. So calm. Like a wise baby. If those even existed. His nose was straight and soft. And his lips. . were dark pink? Was he wearing. . . .my lip balm?

Oh no.

Oh no no no. No.

I hopped up on my feet and ran to my room. I clutched the closet mirror to check my lips. I was wearing a lip balm but it was smudged. I banged my head against the mirror, "Annika! You stupid stupid girl!"

I cursed, staring at my face. But another shout stopped me.

"Annika?" Shivay stood at my door.

"Uh-ah," I flustered, my throat feeling sore. Oh god, Annika how much wine did you drink?

Shivay was pretty much still hungover. Mine was already cured by the shocks I got over the morning, "Did we pass out in the lounge?" He scratched his messy hair.

"Yes," I replied not turning.

"Hmm, why are you not- not looking at me?" He asked, "Is there something on my face? I feel a bit-," he walked closer to the mirror.

"NO!" I finally turned, raising my hands above my head, I smiled, "Your face is perfect Shivay."

He squinted his eyes real small, "What..Is wrong with you today?"

I smiled harder, showing my teeth, "Nothing."

He was not buying it.

Shivay stared at me, at my lips, and then touched his own lips and looked at his hand, no, at the pink on them, "Annika?"

"Hmm Shivay," I sigh, giving up. I lower my hands, and he peeks unto the mirror.

"DID WE-," his eyes as wide as mine, hands shaking.

"NO." No Shivay, we did not sleep together.

"But we did-," he exhaled aloud, combing his hand through his head.

"YES," I exclaimed, staring at the smudged pink on his mouth, "Or at least it looks like that."

He ran his hand over his lips, "Sure feels like it."

I make a face at him but feel the same soreness he does. I see a glint of guilt on his face. But I hope he knows it wasn't his fault.

The guilt is gone the next second, as he straight up starts laughing like a bafoon.

"What?" I cross my arms.

"It's just like the lipstick-," he laughs like crazy, closing his eyes, "the first time- do you remember?"

Yes. I smile at the memory. It was just a few days ago. My smile vanishes as his laugh itches my ears.

"I swear Shivay-," I take a step forward to intimidate him.

"What? You'll kiss me?" The bastard has the gall to stare right into my eyes. I feel my feet startle as he steps closer. What's wrong with my heart. It runs. And then stops completely. But not like I'm dead. Like I'm living again. Slowly. Very slowly.

I shake the feeling out, "I-," but the bell rings. I push Shivay out of my room and close the door tight. The knock hits again.

"Ma'am?" A woman's voice calls out, "Mera here. Could you please open up?"

It's Mera.

If I wasn't having an amazing morning already.

I quickly check my room and keep things in place. Shivay practically punched Lafin yesterday. I don't need any more gossip surrounding me right now.

I put on a smile, and unchain the door, "Hello, Mera," I nod at her.

She nods back, smiling a mechanical grin, "I just needed to inform you that-," she stops, looking at my face. My lips- Amazing, Annika. Just plain amazing, Annika.

Mera looks stupefied as her glare cuts through me, "Uh."

"Yes, you were saying?" Pretend. Always pretend to be normal.

She catches on and reads her notes, "Tarun sir- will be arriving in half an hour. At the breakfast buffet- he wanted to talk to you and your assistant before the next event-"

"Talk to us?" If Tarun is personally coming here to talk to us, it can't be good, "We'll be there."

She smiles back, "I like the shade of your lipstick."

I hold the door away from me, with my hand to avoid breaking my head on it, "It's a lip balm actually."

"Oo, nice," she says, checking the time, "I need to prepare some things, so see you."

"Yes. Bye," I close the door and lean against the door.

***

Annika walked through the lobby, finding the breakfast buffet. She hadn't eaten once in the castle until now. She checked the doors in the path but none of the rooms were serving breakfasts.

While looking for the buffet, she saw Shivay entering the lobby from the opposite direction. Before she could hide, he spotted her, "Annika," he called out.

She pressed her lips together as he strolled toward her.

As he did, she started walking, finally spotting the breakfast buffet. Shivay and Annika didn't even look at each other once they headed to the doors. But they walked in together.

Tarun sat at a table close by, smiling at the menu. He invited them in.

"If he's smiling it must not be so bad I think," Annika whispered, Shivay plain nodded

***

"See Tarun, we get it. We will be gone. At least for two-three days, so you can cool off here," Annika began, drinking her coffee. Shivay sat between them on the round table.

"No! The man got what he deserves. We don't care for such people who lay their hands on women without their consent."

Shivay smiled as Annika twisted to look at his face. Friends. They were friends now, Shivay and Tarun and she could see why. Values. Their values matched and there was respect between them, deep respect and esteem.

Annika winced at the moment. What would happen when Tarun got to know that Shivay is not who he says he is.
Hell, she was not one to talk. She was deeper in the waters. She'd kissed the guy and done what not, she didn't remember.

She tried forgetting and focused on her coffee. But He sat so close, she could almost smell the fresh crisp of his suit.

She stopped herself. It was just a mistake. A one-time thing. Not anything more. But. . . .She didn't continue.

"Thank you," she said, pulling Tarun in a warm hug.

Annika smiled, and her gaze fell on Shivay. He was calm, not jealous at all, as though he trusted this man to behave like a human man.

As Annika pulled away, he got up too, "Until you finish the coffee, I'll arrange a car for the day."

And he left, leaving Annika and Tarun sipping their drinks.

She slurped on her coffee, and then stopped, remembering the time in the plane where she... She had to stop.

So she spoke, "I never actually got to- thank you for arranging the phone and medicines-,"

Tarun kept his cup, "What?"

Annika flustered, "The Medicines-,"

"No, sorry. I didn't send any- maybe that was Mera," he picked up his cup again.

But Annika knew Mera hadn't been on the plane to know her medicines and Shivay hated Mera enough not to share this. Shivay also had not told anyone of the thing that happened on the plane.
Then it stung Annika. It was Shivay. He arranged the phone and the medicines. It was on such short notice.

"Oh," Annika said sadly, "But thank you nevertheless."

He smiled back, blinking.

****

The car ride was quiet until we stopped at a red light. Tarun was not the worry anymore. He was surprisingly calm with us and whatever chaos Lafin caused. Yes. Lafin. That- I knew he got what he deserves. But looking at Shivay was different. Not because of the stunt he pulled at the bar.

How drunk was I yesterday? I glance at Shivay from the corner of my eyes. Was I as drunk as him? Or does he remember what happened..

As though sensing my face, he leaned back in the driver's seat, "What?"

Again, the usual Shivay, no stumbling, not a sign of whatever happened. He seemed upset though, frustrated even.

Maybe he doesn't remember after all. But it was so awkward. Everything was. Where are all the tense situations when you need to be distracted? Where's the darn chaos?

It's so silent.

You know I don't remember the kiss at all.

"Are you saying the kiss was not worth remembering? Because I can tell you Mister-" I raise my finger, still looking out.

Shivay gave me a quizzical look, "Why are you upset?" He turned his eyes on the road again, " You should be happy."

"If you kissed someone you'd want to be remembered for it right?" I exhale.

"Yeah. I remember almost all of the kisses I've had," he said, turning left. The roads were almost empty when we stop on another redlight, "Just not the ones I had when I was drunk."

So he's had many drunk kisses then. What a day to be alive.

He laughs, "I realize how that sentence sounds, I haven't-"

"Just. Just stop talking okay Shivay. I don't need your explanations," I say.

The hair on my arm stands as he leans in, "Really?"

My heart hammers again and then falls out as he comes insanely closer.

Abort. Mission. Annika Singh Oberoi.

What the hell are you doing. I almost say. But the words stop in my throat. As he stares at me with an endearing look. It's almost a dare.

I know I can't back out as the next second I make the mistake of staring right into his clear blue eyes. It's like I'm spelled, but every ounce of my sheer free will tells me to do it.

Then a big honk riles the whatever fire was brewing between.

We both lean back, looking straight at the signal, that I green now. Shivay exhales as he drives ahead. And I'm still a bit flustered when his phone rings. He smiles, after glancing at the name and passes it to me returning to steering the wheel, "It's Rudra."

And I pick up, clearing my throat, "Hey Rudy."

"Annika Didi?" He answers in an awfully low voice.

"Yes Rudra," I notice he's breathing heavily, "Is something wrong? Are you okay Rudy?"

Shivay maneuvers the car to the side of the road at my words.

But as Rudra speaks the words I don't believe it. The phone falls out of my hand as I freeze.

Dad...My dad.

This was not the chaos I asked for. This was not-

Shivay is screaming something I can't hear. He shakes my shoulders, "Annika!"

"Shivay. My dad...he...just had a heart attack," I close my hand over my mouth as I say the words Rudra just said.

****

Words: 2228

Oh this chapter.
The heart attack thing was planned since weeks and yet it falls near father's day. But Shakti is shady alright. He's not the father you worship on Father's day..

Writing this fic is somehow giving me so much second-hand embarrassment on a weekly basis like. Anyway, I somehow made it through (writing and) editing my own writing. So stay weird and sassy, byee.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

81.6K 4.1K 29
No Description 😉 It's a Short Story!! 1 #Oberoifamily (12/4/19) 11 #anika (30/3/19) 17 #Omkara (12/4/19) 27 #Gauri (12/4/19) 85 #Shivaay (12/4/19...
62.4K 3.5K 19
This story is a joint effort...My friend Lubna and i are working together on this.. It's a rikara story on the present track....read to find out more...
8.6K 627 18
They both were the king's daughters. One doesn't want to be like her mother, the other doesn't want to be like her father. Despite wanting two differ...
13.2K 634 11
The One Shots of RiKara