All Lies | BakuDeku | Deaf Ba...

By trizbo

Deku and Bakugou both lose their hearing in the biggest battle of all time against All For One, but that does... More

1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
NOT AN UPDATE, JUST AN EXPLANATION
11
12
I'm sorry.

4

1.3K 38 17
By trizbo

____________________________________

Midoriya's POV:

There was a quiet and comfortable darkness surrounding me. I couldn't feel anything. It was neither warm nor cold. I wasn't able to tell if I was alive or not.

I didn't feel my body. It felt like my soul was wandering around in this huge empty endlessness, searching for something that made some sort of sense, something that showed me if I was alive or dead. Something that showed me if I even defeated All For One or not.

I was left there with so many unanswered questions which got answered sooner than I expected.. More or less.

It didn't take long before the darkness began to dissolve. My vision was flooded with more and more light with every second that went by, until I started blinking my eyes open.

The whiteness of the light was piercing my eyeballs, but after a little while they got used to it and I could clearly see my surroundings.

I was alive, I knew that and I knew that I was in a hospital room. My body was aching like hell, my arms felt like they got crushed and so did my legs. Well, to be honest my whole body felt like it got torn apart. Everything was hurting so much that I was already on the edge of crying.

My body truly wasn't ready for the full 100% of my power, I thought to myself.

With all the energy I had, I tried sitting up, but that ended up being a huge mistake.

I felt the bones in my body shattering with every little move I made. I was barely able to breathe normally since my ribs moved when I got oxygen into my lungs and let me tell you, when you have broken ribs... breathing becomes a luxury. Believe me when I say that.

My whole face scrunched up and I squinted my eyes together from all the pain. It even made me unable to notice the person that appeared next to me.

I opened my eyes and immediately jumped, holding my hands up in order to be ready to fight in case I had to, but my body was too damaged to move even the smallest muscle.

In the end I wouldn't have needed to defend myself anyway. It was only Mr. Aizawa who was standing next to my bed, trying to talk to me.

But there was one massive problem.

I couldn't seem to hear him at all.

My body froze up and my eyes grew wide. What in the world-?

Sensei looked confused at me, he didn't understand why I was looking at him with that kind of expression and his lips stopped moving for a moment, until he tried to talk to me again.

But this time I knew what he said, it was a familiar row of lip movements.

Midoriya? Are you okay?

I still didn't dare to move a single inch, my heart felt like it stopped beating. In that moment I just wished to wake up from this nightmare. I hoped that this was all just a terrible joke. I wanted it to be a terrible joke! I never expected myself to wake up one day and not being able to hear anything, like I was deaf. I always thought that it would be Kacchan who would turn deaf one day, but... not me... I never expected that in a million years.

I could see the tears in my eyes blurring my sight, I moved my head away from Mr. Aizawa and up to the ceiling where the bright light was shining down on me right into my eyes. Silent tears started dripping down my temples. I noticed that my chest started moving as if I was sobbing and air started going in and out of my mouth.

It felt like a thousand knives were constantly pushed in and out of my body. That's how bad the pain was, but I couldn't stop crying my guts out. I cried with seemingly no end.

I couldn't hear anything, I didn't hear anyone's voice, I didn't hear how loud I was, I didn't even hear my own breathing.

It was such an unfamiliar and terrifying moment. I felt so alone and sad, this silence was swallowing me whole, making me drown in my thoughts.

Am I breathing? Am I really breathing? Is there any oxygen in my lungs? What if there isn't? I will end up dying!

I desperately tried to breathe in more and more air, but it didn't work as planned. It just caused me to start hyperventilating and making me panic even more.

My brain told me that I was extremely loud, I noticed how more and more people started appearing in the room I was in, nurses, pro heroes and even students.

There were familiar appearances standing next to me, looking down at my face with a concerned expression.
So many pairs of lips were moving, so many words coming out of everyone's mouths, but I couldn't hear a single one of them.

I felt so unbelievably alone and scared. At that moment I wanted to die. I only panicked more, I couldn't hear, everyone looked concerned at me, it was terrifying. I wanted to die so badly, just making this unfamiliar, weird feeling stop. I didn't want to be scared. I didn't want to be deaf. I didn't want to feel all alone in this world.

I knew what kind of life was in front of me, I knew what I would have to live through and I wasn't ready for it at all. I knew that life would just get a thousand times harder for me and maybe it wouldn't even be worth it in the end.

What if I can't become a hero anymore? What if they won't let me attend UA anymore because I'm deaf now?

The sobs slowly started decreasing and I calmed down a little, but no wonder if you consider that the nurses beside me were pumping tranquilizer into my body.

My chest slowed down and I was breathing normally, I knew it this time.

My classmates were still surrounding me, spilling out words as if I could hear them. All of them looked so horrible, they were all hurt and were covered in dirt, but were still standing here next to me, wondering why I was crying this intensely before, not caring about their own condition.

A sad smile appeared on my face and everyone just froze up, confused by my expression.

"I can't hear you," I said. At first I didn't know if anyone even heard me since no one moved or tried to say anything, but then I could feel the tension in the hospital room and Kirishima searching for a sheet of paper and a pen.

After a few seconds of him asking every nurse, he was handed a clipboard together with a pen and started scribbling down a few sentences before showing them to me.

Let's use this in order to communicate. It's great that you are already strong enough to talk! We will all be quiet so that we can hear you. We are here for you man.

"Okay, thank you," I whispered.

How are you? Are you in pain? Can we do anything? Can you hear nothing at all?, Kirishima scribbled down again in his horrible handwriting which made me smirk a little.

"I'm in pain," I said, I could see all of these people listening to me with their full attention, "but that's okay. You guys should get treated yourself before checking up on me and no, I can't hear anything. I can't even tell if I'm truly breathing."

I could see their faces turning even sadder which kind of broke my heart.

"Please don't be sad. I am still the same, I am still a strong hero..," I said.

Kaminari snatched away the clipboard from Kirishima and started writing down a few words himself with an even worse handwriting, but I was actually already used to it since I used to help him with English homework all the time.

Yes bro, you definitely still are strong. We believe in you. He showed me the paper with a little smile on his face.

"Thank you Kaminari. By the way.. Did we defeat All For One? And where is Kacchan?"

This time it was Mina who stole the clipboard from Kaminari and started writing down her answer as fast as she could and showed it to me.

Yes, All For One is dead. It's all over the news, the whole world is celebrating you and Bakugou.. but you know.. there is something that you should know about him.

I looked concerned at her.

"Don't tell me that he didn't make it," I said with a panicking look on my face.

She jumped and hectically wrote down another few words.

NONONONONONONO!!!! I'M SO SORRY, DON'T WORRY, HE'S STILL ALIVE! He is just.. deaf.. just like you.

The last sentence kept echoing through my skull.

He is also deaf now? What?

____________________________________

A/N: There won't be any new chapters in the next few days.. Something happened and I'm also kinda trying to find my motivation to write new chapters again.

The good thing is that I'm on summer vacation now and I have plenty of time to continue this story, so that means that I won't be away for too long.

Please forgive me :')

Note from Zero_Underground to trizbo: Idk if u ever read this but hello. I made it into ur account.
lmao I hope the updated version of chapter 4 is ok for y'all-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

907K 20.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
71.1K 2.8K 24
Noah always believed her and Lando were forever, but when he ended things with her to further his racing career it left her heartbroken and alone. I...
447K 30.4K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
138K 4.9K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...