You caught my eye | Louis Par...

By strangeCadie

Alyce Ellison is a young and famous singer who is apart of a band. Once she finally receives the news to be... More

Introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six

Twenty One

1.6K 52 27
By strangeCadie

A/N -
Songs performed in order:

All I wanted - Paramore
Nobody - Mitski
Hermit the Frog - Marina and the Diamonds
Washing Machine Heart - Mitski
Apocalypse - cigarettes after sex

Italics = Alyce

Bold = Dean and Theo (backup)

Bold Italics = Alyce, Theo, and Dean

________________________

- Narrator's POV -

- London performance, May 26th -

-

"Woohoo! That was brilliant Finn!" Millie squealed as the whole arena did the same when Calpurnia finished their last song. There was - like every other concert this year - around 20,000 people cheering, clapping, and yelling.

Finn, unfortunately, did not see Millie.  She honestly didn't want anyone to.  No one even knew she was there. (Unless they saw what she commented on AATF's most recent Instagram post).  But if Finn or even Alyce saw the comment, they would have already called or texted her. 

"Thank you, thank you..."  Finn shushed a majority of the large audience.  "Honestly, I never thought we would be able to perform in front of this many people.  I want to thank all of you for supporting us as a band and individuals."  Many people cheered.  Finn then went on about thanking Alyce, Theo, James, and Dean for giving them this amazing opportunity.  Calpurnia always thanked the crowd and AATF at the end of their small performance.

The crowd cheered as the lights on the stage went dark while Calpurnia moved their instruments that were soon replaced with Alyce and the Flames'.  Like always, before AATF goes on stage, the countdown popped up on the screens.  One big screen is on the back wall of the stage, and two medium-sized screens are on each side of the stage. 

20 minutes showed on all three screens in front of the viewers.  The lights throughout the seating area lit up so people can use this time as a bathroom break, food break, or to buy Alyce and the Flames and Calpurnia merchandise.

-

"Um, I'm going to go and get some water,"  Louis murmured as he stood to his feet.

15 minutes.

"What's wrong?"  Millie asked. 

Louis looked at his two friends, "Nothing, just getting some water." 

Millie's eyes go wide and she walks up to Louis, "Louis, you're pale." She said with concern.

"Yeah, not feeling too well,"  Louis mumbled.

William chuckled from behind them.  "You haven't even met her yet."

Millie rolled her eyes and William's comment and grabbed Louis's hand as they stumbled through the people in the row and made their way to the main lobby to purchase some water for Louis.

They tried to hurry throughout the crowd, hoping not to take long and making them miss the beginning of the show.

-

5 minutes.

Louis and Millie finally made it back to their seats just in time. 

Louis drank a lot of his water and ate some of William's snacks - who was just so happy to share his food - Louis had to ask William many times if he could take even just a bite of his food, thinking it might help his uneasiness.  Only when Millie asked William politely - which Louis didn't quite accomplish - did William finally say yes.

William whispered to Millie, "How long is the show?"

Millie shrugged and looked at William, making her lift her head a bit. "Maybe two hours... At least"

William then turned to Louis who had just put the cap back on his water bottle. "Two hours of me having to watch you googly eyeing the love of your life." He groaned, "Torture."

Louis gave him an annoyed look. "You didn't have to come you know...but you insisted on coming because she..." He tilted his head towards Millie, "was going to accompany me."

William rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted.

TEN! The whole audience started counting down.

Louis hadn't even realized the clock had already passed the one-minute mark.

FIVE!

Louis's palms were sweaty. Why the fuck am I sweating? He thought. I'm not even meeting her yet. Plus I've seen her before; Shows, pictures, music videos, and interviews. This isn't new to me...--

Louis's thoughts were cut short when everyone screamed... ZERO!

Louis couldn't get his large smile off his face. Millie squealed as she grabbed William's right arm and shook it, making William flush red.

The lights on the stage were still off - not letting you see anything but pure darkness.  It stayed this way for probably another minute but seemed like years to Louis.

Suddenly the giant screen at the back of the stage lit up showing a large image of many stars. 

The stage was lit up because of the screen, but only bright enough to see each member in the bands' silhouettes, and once again, the crowd went wild. People were already standing up out of their chairs and clapping, just waiting for AATF to start playing.

Louis had only been to one concert before this one. And from that one experience, he knew that nobody actually sat down in their seats while the band performed. They would be too busy singing and dancing to sit down.

Then, the guitarist started playing the introduction of 'All I wanted'.

Everyone throughout the entire audience cheered so loud that you can feel the vibrations dance throughout your body.

Alyce started singing before you could even see her face.

As soon as James started playing the drums, the stage lit up, exposing Alyce in the center of the stage towards the front, Theo to her left, Dean to her right, and James in the back of all three.

Louis didn't think it was possible, but the arena cheered even louder, making it difficult to hear the introduction of the song. William and Millie had already been cheering.  Louis was a little distracted - but he soon joined in on the noise.

Louis couldn't take his eyes off her, not even when she moved around the stage.

"I think, I'll pace my apartment a few times, and fall asleep on the couch. Wake up early to black and white reruns, that escape from my mouth. Oh, Oh. All I wanted was you." The beat then picked up.

"All I wanted was you. All I wanted was you, oh. All I wanted was you."

Alyce tapped her right foot on the ground, using the same tempo that James is using to hit the bass drum while continuing to sing. She then sang the second chorus that soon led up to Theo's guitar solo.

Theo moved to the center of the stage as he played his solo, which made Alyce scoot more to the side of the stage where Theo once stood. The camera moved to Theo to show on the side screens.  The audience went crazy.  Alyce waved at a few people in the front row.  Louis swore he thought they made eye contact for a split second.

Alyce kept one hand on the microphone and one on the mount while staring at one of the cameras that is placed in the center of the crowd straight ahead.  The camera films to get a closer look at what is happening on stage for the people who sit at the back of the arena.  The camera projects what it films onto the two medium-sized screens on the size of the stage. "I could follow you to the beginning, and just to relive the start.  And maybe, then we'll remember to slow down, at all of our favorite parts."  Everyone stopped playing until Alyce finished with the highest note in this song, "All I wanted was you."  The music then continued, and the arena erupted.

She sounded just like the recordings, which didn't surprise me, it was just was crazy.

- Narrators POV -

Alyce gripped the microphone tighter "All I wanted was you. All I wanted was you. All I wanted was you, oh. All I wanted was you." The guitar note lasts longer than the rest, and that was the end of the first song of the night. Alyce let both her hands rest on the sides of her body and she backed away from the mount and she smiled as the audience roared.

The band didn't take too long after to start the next song.

Alyce hummed. "Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ooh. Yeah, I feel like I'm watered down, whenever he's around. I put on the crown -" Alyce put her hands on either side of her head, fingers pointed up making a crown "- of clowns -" Alyce moved her hands from her head and used her pinkies below her eyes to make them look droopy. "- and melt slowly to the ground."

"They say you used to be so kind. I never knew you had such a dirty mind. Well, I went to the doctors believin' the devil had control over me and I was finding it hard to breathe in, finding it hard to fight the feelin'. When my heart just burst like a glass balloon, I let it fly too high, and it shattered too soon. I was the wrong damn girl in the wrong damn room. I broke my glass balloon, I let go of my glass balloon."

"Oh oh oh oh ooh...They call him Hermit the frog," Alyce faked a pout, "He's lookin' for a dog." Alyce takes the microphone off the mount, holding it with her right."Did you find your bitch in me?" As soon as she sang the last words she slowly squatted, grazing her left hand down her leg until she was close enough to the floor and the crowd went crazy."Oh, you're abominable, socially. You're just a little bit too much like me." Alyce smirked at the camera and got up slowly. "She says she used to be so kind, well, baby, I give you your dirty mind. Well, I, I wanna tell you a secret" Alyce lifted her middle and pointer finger to gesture to come forward, which then turned into just her middle finger as she sang the next lyrics, "You can take your double standard love and keep it." Alyce smirked and many people cheered from understanding who those exact lyrics were about.

Not too long after they finished, Dean started playing the next song. Dean was always nervous when playing this song. Dean's bass part was louder than Theo's guitar part. He didn't mind playing the part, he just isn't used to playing so loud.

"Toss your dirty shoes in my washing machine heart, baby, bang it up inside. I'm not wearing my usual lipstick, I thought maybe we would kiss tonight. Baby, will you kiss me already? And toss your dirty shoes in my washing machine heart, baby, bang it up inside."

"Baby, though I've closed my eyes, I know who you pretend I am, I know who you pretend I am." That verse was the toughest for Alyce to sing. This was one of the shortest songs that they have made, but that didn't matter, the meaning behind the lyrics is what actually mattered. 

Once Dean finished the song off, Alyce took the microphone off the mount and walked around it. "Hello, London!" Alyce spoke into the microphone, her free hand waving to the outrageous amount of people who were in front of her.

The arena screamed some Hellos while most just cheered very loudly.

Alyce smiled and went back to place the microphone on the mount. "Anyways, I just wanted to say Hi." The audience laughed and cheered some more. And with that, James started playing the notes on the high-hat.

"My God, I'm so lonely so I open the window, to hear sounds of people, to hear sounds of people. Venus planet of love was destroyed by global warming. Did its people want too much too? Did its people want too much? And I don't want your pity." Theo started playing his guitar. "I just want somebody near me. Guess I'm a coward, I just want to feel alright. And I know no one will save me. I just need someone to kiss. Give me one good honest kiss and I'll be alright"

"Nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody, ohh, nobody, nobody, nobody." She grazed her left hand down her right arm, as it held onto the microphone that sat on the mount.

Alyce looked amongst the crowd, her eyes landing on a pair of hazel ones that caught her eye. She locked eyes with him for a couple of seconds. "And I know no one will save me I'm just asking for a kiss give me one good movie kiss and I'll be alright."

"Nobody, nobody, nobody"

"Nobody, nobody"

"Ooh, nobody, nobody" The pace in the music started to pick up a little faster.

"Nobody" Alyce sang 15 more times in different tones.

"Nobody, nobody" She sang slower.

"Nobody, nobody, no" She sang even slower until the music died down.

While Theo tested his guitar out as the technical crew tried to change the tone from backstage, Alyce went to the side stage and disappeared behind the curtains. She reappeared with her acoustic guitar and many people clapped and yelled. Alyce walked in front of the microphone and placed her StarWars strap over her head and smiled at the crowd. She turned to Theo to see if he was ready - which he was - and he soon began playing with the different tone that was almost nostalgic.

"You leapt your crumbling bridges, watching cityscapes turn to dust. Feeling helicopters crashing in the ocean from way above."

Alyce started playing her guitar. "Got the music in you, baby, tell me why."

"Got the music in you, baby, tell me why. You've been locked in here forever and you just can't say goodbye."

"Kisses on the foreheads of the lovers wrapped in your arms. You've been hiding them in hollowed-out pianos left in the dark."

"Got the music in you, baby, tell me why."

"Got the music in you, baby, tell me why. You've been locked in here forever and you just can't say goodbye."

"Your lips, my lips, apocalypse."

"Go in sneak us through the rivers, flood is rising up on your knees, oh please. Come on and haunt me, I know you want me."

"Come on and haunt me."

"Sharing all your secrets with each other since you were kids. Sleeping soundly with the locket that she gave you clutched in your fist."

"Got the music in you, baby, tell me why."

"Got the music in you, baby, tell me why. You've been locked in here forever and you just can't say goodbye."

"You've been locked in here forever and you just can't say goodbye." The music stopped for a second, then they started playing again.

"When you're all alone, I will reach for you."

"When you're feeling low, I will be there too."

The audience roared.

Alyce and the Flames played most of the other songs from their albums and then, the concert was over.

It was time for the meet and greet.

___

A/N -

I am so sorry for not updating in a month. I promise that won't happen again.

Thank you for 5k :)

Next chapter... AH ;)

- Cadie ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 321 20
You are in a the city of london, there visiting you're friend Avery, but little did you know that she is friends with a drab and who you like is hone...
115K 2.3K 35
OLD AND DISCONTINUED! <3 posted again for the people who wanted to re-read! louis partridge x female oc] [real life x social media] in which.. two sp...
136K 2.3K 43
Claire was 15 when her parents decided to divorce. And she was 16 when her mom decided to leave California to go to London and start a new life with...
389K 14K 46
𓂃 β™―β—ΰ½²π‘‚ΊβΈΌπŸ“βƒ• louis partridge x fem!reader γ€­βœ΄ Μ½ ࣩ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ ❛ it's a pretty clichΓ© story. two strangers, one camera. two polaroid photos β €a...