Siempre Mío

By m8star

Book 2 Siempre. Always. That's how I thought it would be. That's how I thought we would be. But we weren't... More

author's note
o n e
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
epilogue
b o n u s c h a p t e r
Tied to You

t w o

2.3K 63 34
By m8star

I started off slow, punching the bag and kicking it hardly. I didn't want to overwork myself but I kept going, fighting the swinging bag and allowing it to come near me.

My punches were fast, yet so controlled. My kickes were slightly less organized but I managed to control them as I continued.

My thoughts wandered to when Lucia came to see me in the training room after that day with the recruits.

Despite my distaste for company at the time, she came in and stayed with me. She could tell I was off but she wouldn't pry.

She respected my boundaries.

I stopped, my breath runnning short and my thoughts paining me.

It hurts.

I chugged my water, accidentally letting it slip down my chest. I used the towel I had to rid myself of the water and decided that it was enough training for today.

I headed into the kitchen just when a few of the maids began serving the food. Romeo and Señora were seated at the table and some of Don's closest men were with them too.

I went and sat next to Señora and she smiled at me.

"¿Como estas Lorenzo?" she asked me.
[translation: how are you Lorenzo?]

"Bien Señora, y tu?"
[translation: good señora, and you?]

"No me mientas. How are you, really?"
[translation: don't lie to me]

"I'm... fine. I know it's been two years but- I just wish it wasn't like that." I sighed.

She gave me a sad smile and placed her hand on top of mine.

"Lo siento mijo, pero that's what the world is like. It takes away good things really early on."
[translation: I'm sorry son, but]

She gave my hand a light squeeze and served me some food. We both conversed as we ate and seeing her smile made me feel the slightest bit happier.

Once lunch was finished, I retreated back to my office to find the Don waiting for me there, sitting opposite my chair as he flicked through a document he held.

"Romeo, to what do I owe your company?" I asked him, my voice masking my surprise terribly.

"What are your plans for the missing gun shipments?" He questioned, disregarding my question completely.

I showed him the manila folder that contained information on our theif.

"I'm going to the docks to sort out our theft problem snd I'll get it sorted by tonight."

"Good. Be honest with me Lorenzo, how are you?"

"Señor, I'm fine. I've stopped drinking, and my focus right now is business. Speaking of which, there was a break-in at one of your clubs and I need to send someone to deal with it. Who do you suggest?"

"Send Antonio and Javier. Anything else?"

"No, thank you." I said, nodding at him.

Ending our conversation, we shook hands and he left.

I sat in my chair and opened my email, finding Ivan's message from a few hours ago.

I scanned the email and found what I was looking for.

"Traces of an invisible ink pen found on the back of the card. Using UV light, we were able to find a message written in Caeser shift ciper. We have been testing to find the code's shift but this is the message: Jzf'ww qtyo xp dzzy. Mlnv szxp. Hope this helps."

I stared at the letters, my mind going back to when I learnt about secret messages written in code. After a half hour or so, I figured out the shift. 11.

She had shifted the alphabet by 11 letters so the code was based on the letter "L".

"You'll find me soon. Back home."

I reopened my email and contacted the lab guy.

To: G.Agosti@icloud.it

From: l.martinez@gmail.it

I've decoded the message. If anything else is found, update me immediately and tell no one.

L.M

The message I sent was short but had a threat hidden in it. I wasn't playing around when it came to this card. I remained in my office for some time after, thinking where she could've meant when she said back home.

New York? Could be.

Italy? I doubt it, she'd be spotted by now.

Where else?

Deciding not to let it occupy my thoughts for too long, I got up from me chair and headed out of the mansion.

The family driver came towards me and asked if I needed a ride, but I politely declined and got into my car.

I sped away from the mansion and headed towards the docks, ready to meet with the gang that decided to commit such a pointless crime.

I went with backup, four men along with me. I was instructed to go alone but I knew better.

"Stay behind. I don't have a good feeling about this." I said to my men.

They all confirmed and hung back as I walked up to the gang leader. Apparently they called themselves "I Re", meaning The Kings.

One of them stepped forward, his demeanour cold and almost intimidating.

I fixed my shirt sleeves and rolled them up, holding my coat suit in my arms.

"I don't have time for a long discussion so let me make this simple: either give me the guns you stole, or give me an equivalent sum of money that pays for the stolen shipment." I demanded.

"Yeah, I'm gonna stop you right there. You walk onto my territory and demand things? No."

Eres un puto. Do you not know who you're talking to?
[you are a bitch]

"What's my name?"

He tilted his head to the side slightly, questioning as to why I would ask such an irrelevant question.

"I won't ask you again, what is my name?"

"Lorenzo Martinez."

"And who's my boss?"

Once again, the gang leader remained silent.

Annoyed, I grabbed my gun and aimed it at his head.

Ignoring all the guns that had instantly raised towards me, I took the safety off and cocked it.

"Who's my boss, pendejo?" I shouted.

"I don't know!!" he said, getting flustered and nervous under my gun and gaze.

"My boss is the Don of the Italian Mafia. Now, I'm gonna repeat myself to you and you're going to take that information and do something with it. Got it?" I waited till he shook his head 'yes' then continued. "You're either going to pay me the amount for the stolen guns, or you return my shipment now or in the next three days otherwise you and your whole gang face death. ¿Entiendes?"

", I understand. The money will be given to you when you need." he said.

"You have two days. I'll meet you here at 8:00pm sharp."

With as much respect as I could muster up, I nodded at him and turned on my heels to leave.

I got into my cars and my men waited for me get in before lowering their guns and returning to their own cars.

We drove back to the mansion and I mentally crossed off the 'gun shipment' note in my to-do list.

The Don reached me at the top of the staircase and I informed him of the happenings at the docks.

He thanked me for fixing his minor problem and I smiled and took his praise as a motivation to continue my work. The day was slowly turning to the evening and much of my work wasn't completed yet.

Once I had got into my room, I changed into some comfier clothes and went to the ballroom.

No one had much use for it, so I often found myself sitting at the piano with my hands placed over the keys as I mimicked a song I had learned every now and then.

Soon enough, I began to acutally play the song.

The melodic sounds of the piano filled the room and echoed around as I sat in my place, wishing the notes would drown out my thoughts.
___________________________

fav music artist?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.5K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...
1.5M 42.6K 45
"I-I should be heading to my room now." I told him not in anyway ready to face him. "Turn around." He instructed. "Your fiancee may w-wake up soon to...
40K 1.2K 64
He seemed like the devil. He was evil. Cruel. She was always portrayed as a weapon. A tool. An occasional use. One wrong turn -literally- and ever...
470K 18.1K 53
Daniela O'Brien. Dani is the girl you would say has absolutely no luck going for her at all. Two dead parents, an estranged sister and an abusive, c...