A blue Spouse (Ninjago Royalt...

By lime_kitty

After his parents died, Kai became the new Maharaja of the kingdom of Ninjago. One would think such a young m... More

Chapter 1: A Blue Future
Chapter 2: You don't need new slaves
Chapter 3: I'd love to listen to your screams, hun
Chapter 4: Be my spouse
Chapter 5: I already have a family
*Chapter 6: From the sluttiest boy in earth to a cute fuzzy ball of love
Chapter 7: Forget about the marriage
Chapter 8: The Tour
Chapter 9: You're jealous
*CHAPTER 10: You're up for a date?
Chapter 11: Zane
Chapter 12: Strawberries and honey
Chapter 13: The ones who overslept
*Chapter 14: The ones who couldn't sleep
Chapter 15: Rain therapy
Chapter 16: Cole
Chapter 17: You need a suit!
Chapter 18: Wanna lick mine?
Chapter 19: The day has come
Chapter 20: The party
* Chapter 21: Lloyd
Chapter 22: Not everyone can be lucky
Chapter 23: Parties, feathers and chains
Chapter 24: Hangover
Chapter 25: A blast from the past
Chapter 26: Regrets
Chapter 27: Where is he?
Chapter 28: A tyrant or a broken soul?
Chapter 29: Confusion
Chapter 30: They need to know
Chapter 31: Kai (pt. 1)
Chapter 32: Kai (pt. 2)
Chapter 33: Striking reality
Chapter 34: Who's to blame?
Chapter 35: Sometimes 'time' is too late
Chapter 35: Nothing to talk
Chapter 37: Not again...
CHAPTER 38: Holding on to anger
CHAPTER 39: Forgive me
CHAPTER 40: It's okay to need help
*CHAPTER 41: Unusual lullaby
CHAPTER 42: Assistance
CHAPTER 43: The 'blue thing'
*CHAPTER 44: Spectator
*CHAPTER 45: Long night
CHAPTER 46: Now that we're being honest
*CHAPTER 47: Metamorphosis
CHAPTER 48: Time to reconnect
*CHAPTER 49: Relapse
CHAPTER 50: Ignore the truth
CHAPTER 51: Epiphany
CHAPTER 52: What hurt the most
CHAPTER 53: The last everything
CHAPTER 54: Emotional liberation
CHAPTER 55: Farewell
CHAPTER 56: Bitter
CHAPTER 57: Breaks
CHAPTER 58: Destination: Home
CHAPTER 59: Welcome to our humble abode
CHAPTER 60: Incomplete
CHAPTER 61: A hole in the heart
CHAPTER 62: Time to settle
CHAPTER 63: Back to work
CHAPTER 64: You don't know him
CHAPTER 65: Non-existing peace of mind
CHAPTER 66: The third reason
*CHAPTER 67: Where's the limit?
CHAPTER 68: First step
*CHAPTER 69: Four players
*CHAPTER 70: A shadow of himself
CHAPTER 71: Yearning
CHAPTER 72: What's stopping you?
CHAPTER 73: Plans
CHAPTER 74: Taking the reins
*CHAPTER 75: Out
CHAPTER 76: Within time
CHAPTER 77: Leave and stay
CHAPTER 78: Headed south
*CHAPTER 79: I don't forget
CHAPTER 80: Eight coins
CHAPTER 81: King's toy
CHAPTER 82: Revenge
CHAPTER 83: The end of the quest
CHAPTER 84: Little one
CHAPTER 85: Mirage
CHAPTER 86: It's a long story
CHAPTER 87: Hide and seek
CHAPTER 88: Welcome home
CHAPTER 89: Why do you think I came back?
CHAPTER 90: The last parting
CHAPTER 91: Wonderful people
CHAPTER 92: Let's get married
CHAPTER 93: His blue spouse
CHAPTER 94: A tie not easy to break
CHAPTER 96: Make love to me
*CHAPTER 97: Really needed this
*CHAPTER 98: My silly king

CHAPTER 95: The wisp I needed

507 31 7
By lime_kitty

The hours that followed the ceremony were filled with music and merry laughter every single moment. During the reception of the newlyweds, every present guest took a moment to personally greet and wish them good luck in their new life. Some of them Jay didn't even know that well, for there were many people that worked at the palace, but he felt their words as honest as the rest.

They played games outside for a while, taking advantage of the nice breeze that blew all around, not too strong, not too dry either. As the day advanced, the party continued indoors in the grand living room, with music, dancers, and lots of food. Everyone was having a great time celebrating the latest union of the Maharaja —and the servants appreciated being allowed to take a break and have their work praised after all the efforts they had put into the event.

Even though Jay had been quite agitated that morning, he was a lot calmer now. He enjoyed watching his parents' eyes pop out of their faces at all that opulence. Albeit the royal family had thoroughly celebrated their arrival, a wedding party was on a different level, even a rather small one like the current. Jay could only snicker while imagining his parents' reaction if Kai had organized a royal wedding in style. They would have probably fainted. Maybe him too.

In Jay's humble opinion, this party had nothing to envy the bigger high-class ones. Somehow, being surrounded by a small number of people made it even more special. They didn't have to pretend nor put up with annoying guests for the sake of the crown. The ambiance was as relaxed as it had always been, Kai even allowed the servants to hang around and have a snack or a drink with them. Some accepted, others were too shy, but they valued the kind offer nevertheless.

Jay danced around the place, both in the figurative and literal sense. Everyone dragged him around, playing, chatting, eating, having fun! He felt like he was floating on clouds, light as a feather now that he had finally reached the end of that journey he'd started back in Shaiya.

♦️♦️♦️

The Maharaja took a seat by the table after being up for so long talking to the guests and playing with his family. His eyes never left Jay as he watched him move around the room with the others, laughing childishly. There wasn't a more perfect and sweet sound, Kai thought.

Someone plopped next to him. Kai found Skylor refilling her drink, she greeted him with a smile and he did the same before going back to admiring the newest member of his family.

"'Stargazing' again?" The girl asked.

Kai blinked, his cheeks acquired a faint rosy tone under his decorated eyes.

"Yeah," he agreed, fully aware of what a stupid face he was making every time he looked at the boy.

"I can't blame you. You two make quite the beautiful frame today."

"Thanks." Kai giggled at Skylor's innocent flirting. He stared in wonder at Jay once more and sighed pleased. "It looks like your special gift works as smoothly as ever," Kai commented to the girl.

His friend needed a moment to understand what he was talking about, then she grinned after taking a sip from her cup.

"Not as smooth as I'd like, but... yeah, I guess you could say that."

"Well, it brought Jay and me together. That's all that matters in my book."

Skylor's eyes lowered to the drink.

"I was really worried at first. When I had that vision, there were a lot of contradicting emotions in it. I wasn't sure if it meant you were going to get hurt or something... That's why I didn't tell you much. But it all became crystal clear when I found Jay at Mystake's place."

Kai looked at her. It had bothered him at some point that his loyal friend kept vital details about the premonition to herself, but he also understood why. Skylor's sixth sense was a double-edged sword.

"When I saw his eyes, I felt it again." The spy continued. "Those same strong and confusing feelings. Pain, fear, but also an unbreakable will to live and find love —find you."

'Pain and fear...'

Anguish grabbed at Kai's heart. Just imagining what Jay might have looked like after that fall... The unbearable ache he went through as he recovered from the injuries day by day...

"Hey." Skylor took his hand and squeezed lovingly. "I know what you're thinking. Don't go there again. The priest has made it clear; it is all in the past. Let it serve as experience but don't get lost in those memories or you'll miss the present treasure."

Kai took a deep breath, dumbfounded and grateful to have people around him that knew him so well and would keep him grounded. He clasped her hand back.

"You're right. It will take me a while to get rid of this habit of self-blaming of mine," he confessed with a pitiful smile.

"I'm sure you'll make it. After all, you're surrounded by people who will constantly remind you." She stole a quick look at the royal spouses scattered around the room, all of them having fun.

"Thanks, Sky." The Maharaja leaned in and placed a soft peck on the girl's cheek.

Skylor blushed and glared at the boy comically. Kai giggled before his eyes naturally returned to Jay, who was currently doing something around the musicians with Lloyd and Cole.

"You're going to wear him out if you keep staring like that," Skylor joked.

Oh, I would love to wear him out of those clothes...

Kai's eyes widened as that thought popped into his mind.

"Did you just suddenly blush?"

Shit!

He tried to cover his face, pretending he was fixing the turban on his head, but he wasn't fooling a girl as smart as Skylor. The way she snorted she had most likely figured out Kai's mind was switching control with his nether regions.

"Okay... I have no idea what you're thinking about, but I don't wish to know either."

Kai stopped feigning and fully opened his palm to drag it all over his face in shame with a groan. Skylor laughed.

"I better leave you alone so you can calm down." The girl swiftly pecked Kai on the side of his face then walked away to merge with the rest of the guests.

Being alone with my thoughts is probably the last thing I need right now... Kai cursed at himself, once again dragging his fingers tiredly over his face.

Through the digits, he peeped at the boys ahead. Cole must have said something funny, for Jay and Lloyd were cackling aloud.

Kai huffed, Jay looked so beautiful. Even as the day went on, the boy still appeared as radiant as when Kai first saw him that morning. Kai's blood boiled with desire. He so wanted to lie down with Jay on the bed and lose track of time kissing him, embracing him, touching him...

Cole had suggested Jay was ready to take that final step, but Kai was anxious. What if he wasn't? What if they started something and the boy suddenly panicked? Kai had no doubt he would stop, but he wanted Jay's first experience to be nothing but a nice memory... What if Kai scared him away like that other time?

Argh... Was he overthinking yet again? Letting the past control his present? Or were his insecurities reasonable?

He prayed that whatever happened that night, it wouldn't destroy what had taken him so long to re-build.

♦️♦️♦️

Kai looked in pain and Jay couldn't imagine why. The Maharaja was having a light chat with his redhead friend, then all of a sudden his features pinched and his face turned a deeper color. When asked about it, neither Cole and Lloyd had a better idea, they hadn't been paying Kai as much attention as Jay did.

Unable to shake the worry out of his system, Jay went to the table and sat down next to the Maharaja. The boy visibly jumped when he noticed the presence of his new companion.

"Are you okay?" Jay asked him concerned.

"Uh, yeah, of course!" The Maharaja was quick to reply.

"Are you sure? You seemed... a bit uncomfortable a moment ago?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm good!" The other insisted.

Jay wanted to believe him, but by now he was well aware of Kai's tendencies to keep his problems to himself. The king sensed his husband's anxiety raising for him, and quickly tried to reassure Jay.

"I know I tend to say this even when I'm not fine, but I promise you, baby. There's nothing you have to worry about. I'm just... a bit tired. It's been a long day full of emotions."

And I hope you'll still be up for a few more later...

Jay mentally slapped himself, or more like slapped that annoying voice in his head that was constantly reminding him how hot Kai looked in his attire. More than once Jay had had to stop himself from leaning too much onto the guy, watch out for any lingering touches himself initiated, and keep a security distance with him whenever they danced.

Jay's body was lighting up like a firework, and every time he interacted with Kai one way or another, the cracking inside of him became louder and harder to bear.

He couldn't understand how he'd gone from being scared to involve himself in any minimally sexual scenario to long for that type of intimate touch he hadn't experienced yet. How could he yearn so much for something unknown? Yet there he was; sitting next to his husband and internally dying to drag him away into the royal chamber and...

And what?

Jay knew nothing about sex with another man, but he suspected when the time came —which he hoped would be soon— his desire would guide him.

Seeing Kai so tense, Jay couldn't help himself, and for the umpteenth time that day, he grabbed his hand. The boy looked at him, surprised at first, his face grew redder but his shoulders relaxed a fraction. Very slowly, Kai leaned in and placed a kiss at the corner of Jay's mouth —despite the royal spouse's attempt to move and have the smooch delivered on his lips.

When the Maharaja pulled away, his face had changed and he was looking at Jay with a whole new level of adoration. Whatever it was that worried him, it had seemed to lessen under Jay's affection.

"You know what?" Kai mumbled, and before Jay could say anything, the king stood up.

He cleared his throat while hitting the side of his cup with a spoon.

"May I have everyone's attention real quick, please?" He spoke loud enough to be heard over the music.

All the guests turned in his direction, the musicians stopped playing as requested.

"Can we refuse or is that a royal order?" Cole asked.

"It's a suggestion you should meticulously consider," Kai smirked back at him.

As their family and friends gathered around, Jay stood as well, sensing that Kai was most likely to give out some type of speech.

When the king considered it appropriate, he spoke again to the small crowd.

"I just wanted to propose a toast; to Jay."

"Uh?" The aforementioned boy blinked several times, astonished.

Everyone made sure to take a cup and fill it with the variety of juices and beverages that lay ready on the table. Kai turned to his spouse.

"Jay, you came into my life when I least expected it. It wasn't in my plans to get married again, but I'm so grateful our paths crossed at some point. You unlocked something in me, a strength I didn't think I possessed, a change I needed to go through. Without you, I don't know where my mind would be to this day. Thank you for being the wisp I needed to come out of my shell."

"Awww..." The people around sighed.

Jay went profusely red in the face. Kai had already said a lot of beautiful things during the ceremony, but this time he was caught off guard. He could barely grasp Kai's free hand and peck him lightly without dying of embarrassment.

"And to Ed and Edna!" Kai added when all the assistants started celebrating and drinking from their cups.

The sovereign addressed his parents-in-law.

"You too opened my eyes to a new world I didn't know about. Thank you for bringing this wonderful man into this world and for allowing me to stay by his side."

"Aww, Kai, dear, you'll make me blush," Edna cried out, hiding her face in her husband's shoulder.

"We are also very proud of you, son. Our Jaybird couldn't have found a better place to tie his heart to," Ed said.

While everyone was still chuckling and being bubbly, Kai went completely silent.

"W-What... What did you just call me?" He asked the man.

Ed was confused for a moment, trying to go over his words to check if he'd uttered anything displeasing.

"Uh... 'Son'?" He repeated.

Kai remained quiet.

"I'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my inten-"

"N-No, it's... it's fine," Kai muttered, his voice turning uneven and shaky. "I just... I think it's the first time someone calls me that and... they really mean it..." A sob erupted from his throat.

"Oh, my boy..." Edna cooed as she hugged him. Kai wrapped his arms around her small body and embraced the woman tightly as more tears spilled from his eyes.

Jay gasped, moved by the tenderness of the moment.

Ed walked forward and joined his wife in comforting the monarch. Jay followed suit, and then the Princess and the rest of the spouses too.

Jay might have won a husband, but they all won something better through this matrimony; the biggest loving family they could ever dream about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 140 13
You know what it's like in Ninjago... Ninjago is safe for only a while and the ninja have to fight a villain... Well...? What if this 'villain' was a...
16.7K 795 37
"Well, Lloyd Beojkkoch, nice to meet you. I'm Kai Smith," Kai introduced himself. "Very unpleasant to meet you, Kai Smith," Lloyd dead-panned. Kai ch...
28.2K 600 28
Takes place in the world of the Lego Ninjago Movie after the first movie. Has nothing to do with the series! Reagan had been one of Lloyd's biggest...
66.8K 1.5K 54
[kai x cole] [oneshots] What happens when fire collides with earth? Have you ever wondered how two ninja act when they're in lo...