Korrasami FanFiction: The Mas...

Af wasabi-is-crack

Korra is currently in an unstable condition as both Mako and Bolin are dead due to her carelessness and rush... Mere

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: Korra and Asami
Chapter 3: The Incident
Chapter 4: Lin's Revenge
Chapter 5: Korra's first fight back
Chapter 6: A Utopia is incomparable to the real thing.
Chapter 7: Fox and Owl
Chapter 8: Kiss of Death
Chapter 10: The Smut Moment
Chapter 11: Rushed Love.
Chapter 12: Bishop
Chapter 13: Distractions
Chapter 14: Something I need to do.
Chapter 15: Bloody Gathering
Chapter 16: Nothern Water Tribe.
Chapter 17: End the Cycle
Chapter 18: Bishop vs Korra
Chapter 19: Reunion
Chapter 20: Aftermath
Chapter 21: Confrontation
Chapter 22: Wedding Day.
Chapter 23: The Red Bride
Chapter 24: The White Lie
Thank you!

Chapter 9: No need for apologies

214 2 11
Af wasabi-is-crack

It was quiet in Republic City as the streets were only illuminated by moonlight. Walking down the narrow walkway, Korra begins hearing Mako's haunting voice.

"How could you Korra...." Mako stated.

"Shut up..." Korra whispered to herself.

"It's all your fault!" Mako stated.

Mako continued to repeat the same phrase over and over again, tormenting the young avatar. Korra tried drowning the voices in her head with whispers of her own, but nothing seems to work. Finally, Korra had enough and screamed on top of her lungs, begging for her imaginary, dead friend to stop.

"SHUT UP!" Korra screamed.

The voices didn't stop but rather increased as the frightened protagonist began to hear Bolin's voice as well. From here, Korra was slowly drowning in her own insanity, sinking into an endless void of horror.

"Why Korra?" Bolin enunciated in a ghoulish tone.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" Korra howled.

Korra suddenly gets a tap on the shoulder. Unprepared by this sudden touch for attention, she quickly turns and gets into her fire-bending stance. However, Korra immediately lowered her sense of caution as she recognized the person that tapped her. It was Opal who had noticed Korra yelling towards an empty crowd.

"Hey Korra, I notice you've been talking to yourself, are you okay?" Opal asked.

Korra is embarrassed to be caught losing her mind and shocked to see Opal in Republic City. She remembers the last time they saw each other: at Mako and Bolin's funeral. They didn't exchange words that night, worried it would cause more tension between the two of them. While Opal wanted to consult Korra about the incident, she couldn't bear to glance at her in return. The despair and pain she caused for her made Korra feel nothing but guilt and sorrow. Noticing Korra being unable to utter a word, Opal continues the conversation.

"I wanted to talk to you, but you left early that night. I haven't seen you since. I was worried about you. I suspect you aren't okay, but I still want to know." Opal stated.

Noticing Opal hasn't shown any sign of animosity towards her, Korra continued to converse.

"When did you arrive?" Korra asked.

"Just yesterday. I'm only here to visit Bolin's grave. What about you?" Opal questioned.

"I'm here to help Lin with the investigation." Korra added.

"That's great to hear!" Opal commented.

Realizing she has no one else to talk to, Korra decides to share some of her problems with Opal.

"It really isn't. Asami decided to join the mission to capture the Iron Bloods. Lin approved." Korra stated in a depressing tone.

"You don't seem thrilled at all... I can only assume that this is bad news for you." Opal replied.

"Of course it is! I got Mako and Bolin killed the last time. If I couldn't save them that day, how can I protect Asami? Matter of fact, I was barely able to protect myself." Korra explained.

Feeling the need to head home due to the cold weather, Opal decided it was best to continue the exchange someplace warmer.

"You want to come over to my hotel? I think this personal conversation is best discussed somewhere private." Opal suggested.

Hearing the best idea of the day, Korra follows her friend to her hotel. Korra was quiet as she's been constantly thinking about Asami's decision to join. Getting closer and closer to the room, Korra gets more and more bothered about how she is going to convince Asami not to come. But the closer she got to the room, the more she started doubting her chances of persuasion.

As Opal opens the door, Korra enters alongside her. Being respectful towards Opal's current living quarters, Korra decides to take her shoes off. Feeling the need to sit down and think things over, she places her bosoms against a nearby chair. In the meantime, Opal leaves her belongings against the kitchen counter and she reaches into the kitchen cabinet. She pulls out some jasmine tea, pouring some hot water into cups filled with tea leaves. Opal stirs the mixture a little bit and hands a drink to Korra. Each taking a gentle sip from their respective cups, Opal continues their conversation by asking more questions.

"So, you said that you were worried about Asami joining you; in defeating the Iron Bloods. You're scared that you won't be able to save her from harm's way. You also believe she's going to get herself killed. Am I assuming correctly?" Opal stated.

"Yes. I am trying to help her and she's just blatantly ignoring me!" Korra exclaimed

"I understand where you are coming from, but aren't you being a little bit selfish?" Opal pointed out.

"How is trying to protect your friend a selfish act?" Korra asked in a confused manner.

"Korra, I heard you screaming at nothing just now. So, I can only assume the incident still haunts you. Judging by everything that you told me, you're worried you'll make the same mistake with her as you did with Mako and Bolin. However, aren't you doing the same thing she's doing? Besides, she's their friend too." Opal claims.

"I don't understand." Korra expressed in a confused manner.

"You are trying to protect your friend, but at the same time, you are getting yourself killed by doing this mission with minimal help. Sure my Aunt Lin is a fine officer and fighter, but you need all the help you can get. The reason why I am claiming that you're being selfish is that you're afraid of having another panic attack; afraid you will lose someone close to you like with them." Opal pointed out.

Realizing how blinded Korra was from her own personal demons, she begins to understand why Asami was so reluctant in joining the investigation. While Korra believed she's still protecting Asami, she realized that maybe she was protecting herself from her own nightmares. Korra still wasn't entirely convinced.

"I still think what I am doing is for the best. I'm the Avatar. If I die at least I get reincarnated, but if Asami dies..."

Opal slaps Korra in the face after hearing Korra's comment about having no regard for her own life.

"Do you really neglect yourself that much? Are you that depressed to the point you want to end it all? If you want to die already, then grab a fucking noose and choke yourself to death! But if you really care about Asami, consider this. How do you think she feels about you having little regard for your own life; your own well-being!" Opal proclaimed.

Korra is finally able to piece together how self-centered she was towards her crush. Realizing her mistakes, she sits there quietly. The room is silent as nothing but the ticking chimes of a nearby clock fills the soundless room. Comprehending her next move, Korra makes a mad dash towards the door and decides to apologize to Asami for her pompous reaction. Before leaving, Korra turns around to Opal, making a proper apology that she owed a long time ago.

"I'm sorry for not saying this sooner, but I'm truly sorry for what happened to Bolin. If you still hate me for..."

Opal interrupts Korra once more, telling her that she never held any contempt towards Korra.

"You don't need to apologize. It was never your fault, to begin with. If you feel bad about what happened, do me a favor! Kill those cult bastards for me!" Opal stated with huge enthusiasm.

Having a clear understanding of Asami's true feelings, Korra only smiles at Opal as she heads out of the apartment. Just as Korra leaves, Opal goes up to her bedroom, staring at a picture of herself and Bolin on a calm, summer beach. In the photograph, Bolin is reaching towards her cheek, leaning in for a kiss. She was wearing nothing but a green summer swimsuit while Bolin was wearing some green swim pants. Staring at the bottom right of the image, Opal sees herself lifting her hand with a beautiful, jade ring attached to her fourth finger.

Reminiscing of her abrupt time with her boyfriend, Opal started to cry. Tears start dropping down the glass frame as they slide out the bottom and onto the floor. With no one around, Opal makes conversation with her deceased fiance.

"You were always better at encouraging people than I was." Opal said in a jocular tone.

Meanwhile, Korra is rushing over to meet up with Asami once more. Coming into her house, Korra walks into her room and finds the mirrors and furniture completely broken. Following the scent of cigarettes, Korra sees Asami smoking alone while basking in the moonlight. Asami turns to see who has entered her house and was surprised to be met with Korra's return. Embarrassed to be caught smoking, Asami puts out her cigarette with extreme haste. Hoping to clear the atmosphere of smoke, she waves her hand back and forth. This doesn't bother Korra the slightest as she comes closer and closer to Asami, pressing her lips against her face.

This dazed Asami as she expected neither her return nor a kiss from Korra ever again. This time, the two women savor their kiss, ignoring their previous quarrel. Needing to gasp for air, the women let go of each other just as before. Only this time, Korra indulges in her own lust.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

219K 4.6K 41
Being the second Avatar is not an easy job... Avatar Korra is now in Republic City with her best friend Yue. There they meet their friends Mako, Boli...
5.8K 203 7
Asami just lose her father and Korra was trying to cheer her up, but will happen when Asami leave to go to the fire nation instead of a trip to the s...
66K 1.8K 24
Korra and Asami been best friends, they were inseparable. The two we're forced to apart since Korra had to go back to the South Witer Tribe to take h...
57.8K 1.5K 11
Bolin cried. Mako screamed. Tenzin cracked. Asami shattered. Avatar Korra is dead. And the people closest to her have to deal with it.