Chapter 22: Wedding Day.

A year had passed since their trip to the Southern Water Tribe as they made their final return to Republic City. During the year, Korra, Asami, and Kuvira had spent another week in the Fire Nation before heading back to Republic City. While Korra wanted to continue the adventure, Asami needed to return to the city to manage her company. With this in mind, Korra and Asami ended their trip as Kuvira continued to adventure throughout the world.

While their honeymoon was short-lived, it was the happiest they had been for a long time...

Fast forward into the present, it was their wedding day. Everyone arrived to pay their respects as the orchestra started playing some music. The two couples were in different rooms as they heard the soothing, instrumental notes. In Korra's room, Kya was helping her get prepared as she wanted to present herself as best she can. Her hair was smooth and silky as Kya helped apply makeup on her face. Knowing Asami for a long time, Korra was worried she was doubting the marriage.

"I can see you're a bit nervous." Kya pointed out.

"I'm just worried she's gonna say no," Korra stated.

"She's not." Kya mentioned.

"What if she does?" Korra stated.

"She's not. If she does, I'll kick her ass myself." Kya said.

In the other room, Asami is with Kuvira as she's been having second doubts about her marriage. Walking into her room to comfort her, Kuvira runs to aid Asami as she sees her having a panic attack. She's in the corner crying, sitting against the carpet floor, wearing nothing but some undergarments. Her dress was white with a pink cloth levitating over the skirt, however, there wasn't a wife to wear the elegant dress. Her tears start to drip against her face, mixing with the mascara and leaving black trail marks against her cheeks.

 Her tears start to drip against her face, mixing with the mascara and leaving black trail marks against her cheeks

"What the hell are you doing? The wedding starts in thirty minutes!" Kuvira exclaimed.

"I don't think I can do it." Asami stated.

"What are you so worried about?" Kuvira asked.

"Things just happened so fast. I'm not sure if we're still in our honeymoon phase. What if she stops loving me for some reason? What if we're just rushing things?" Asami stated.

"It's gonna be okay..." Kuvira stated.

"No, I'm calling off the wedding! Korra will understand." Asami stated

As Asami heads for the door, Kuvira jumps in front of it, slamming the door shut. Taking a deep breath, Kuvira begins to advise the young CEO.

"You need to relax. You two have known each other for more than four years. There is no reason to call the wedding off. Besides, Korra may be understanding but she won't be happy about it. She's gonna pretend to accept the situation... If you call off the wedding then she's gonna start having a panic attack too. She's going to start worrying whether she's worth your love again and we're gonna be back at square one. She loves you and no matter what happens you two will always be together. Trust me." Kuvira advised.