XAVIER

By corpse_chokes_me

'HOLY SHIT!' Madalyne takes a deep breath when she realizes what just happened. She feels hot and bothered bu... More

WELCOME
Chapter 1- Egyptian Blue Eyes
Chapter 2 - Hypnotic
Chapter 3 - Apology
Chapter 4 - I wanted you the moment I saw you
Chapter 5 - Three Months
Chapter 6 - Slow Down!
Chapter 7 - Paradise is Lost
Chapter 8 - Blood
Chapter 9 - Pin-drop
Chapter 10 - Supposed Parents
Chapter 11 - Five-One-Six
Chapter 12 - Road to Zion
Chapter 13 - Jason
Chapter 14 - Speechless
Chapter 15 - Cappuccino
Chapter 16 - Asphalt 9
Chapter 17 - Museum
Chapter 18 - Essex
Chapter 19 - It's time to talk
Chapter 20 - Night Gone Wrong
Chapter 21 - Déjà vu
Chapter 22 - Sleepless Night
Chapter 23 - Punching Bag
Chapter 24 - You hurt her!
Chapter 25 - Can I sit next to you?
Chapter 26 - How fucking dare you!
Chapter 27 - Just listen to your parents
Chapter 28 - Bodyguards
Chapter 29 - Attorney
Chapter 30 - Congratulations
Chapter 31 - I missed this
Chapter 32 - Tease me
Chapter 33 - About you
Chapter 34 - I don't know how relationships work
Chapter 35 - Las Vegas
Chapter 36 - It's a good start
Chapter 37 - Nothing more than that
Chapter 38 - The Truth
Chapter 39 - Emotionless devil
Chapter 40 - First time in many years
Chapter 41 - I just needed a hug
Chapter 43 - Selfish
Chapter 44 - My Strong Woman
Chapter 45 - I only believe him
Chapter 46 - My Queen
Chapter 47 - Star of David
Chapter 48 - What happened to not hiding things anymore?
Chapter 49 - It was me!
Chapter 50 - Revenge
Chapter 51 - I love You
Chapter 52- This is it
Chapter 53 - I did not get to say it back
Chapter 54 - It's not over (last part)

Chapter 42 - Mission Failed

2.7K 78 5
By corpse_chokes_me

Madalyne's POV

It has been more than two weeks since I have seen Xavier. I tried a lot to get him out of my mind but I fucking can't. I don't know how to get over my addiction to him. I miss him. I miss his warmth. I miss his grin. I miss ruffling his perfectly slicked hair. I miss tracing his inked body. I miss his blue eyes.

"Are you okay?" Jason asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts. Right now, we are in our chemistry lecture class. It takes a lot for me to step into Literature class since Xavier is also there; thank God he is in business.

I look behind to see Charlie and Thomas staring at me. They are trying hard to talk to me but every time I dismiss myself from their way.

"Yah, I am fine," I smile as he nods. The bruises and cuts are somewhat healing on his face but are still visible. I really feel bad for him but at the same time I also want to know what caused Xavier to do that to him.

"Alright, students, today's lecture is up to this. Everyone is dismissed," The professor declares to the class and all the chairs immediately squeak and the students get up.

"Madalyne!....Madalyne! Just for once listen to us!" I hear Charlie yell from a distance. So I turn around and look at them and so does Jason. The two boys glare at Jason then turn to look at me with a soft expression.

"Madalyne! Believe me, Xavier didn't do that to him," Thomas says as Charlie nods agreeing.

"Bullshit! You guys did this to me just because I am close to Madalyne," Jason snorts, crossing his arms.

"Shut the fuck up! We are not talking to you," Charlie snaps.

"But I am involved," Jason snaps back.

"Would you guys just shut up, for fuck sake? This is a university not some racing track where you guys would start fighting. Jason, just don't listen to them and you two," I turn to look at Charlie and Thomas, "I don't care who but Jason is still hurt because of you guys so don't defend your friends. Now, you three get out of my way."

Rolling my eyes I turn my heel and stride towards the library. My boot heels click on the floor with each of my steps as I enter the library. God, why did I even come here? Everything happens in this place.

I don't know whether to call it a cursed place because of the small fight and the Bethany drama or a lucky spot where Xavier and I met. Fuck, I feel like I am going to burst with emotions if I don't get my answers.

I could have listened to the boys but I also didn't want to create a scene. The only option is my devil himself. My devil? For fuck sake.

'Why am I cursing so much?' My mind is actually going insane that I might have a panic attack soon. Wanting to take my mind off him, I focus on the shelves for books. Then I realize I am in the wrong section. I am literally in the 'romance' section, what the hell?

Quickly getting out of there, I turn to the knowledge section and take out some books. I look for a seat, anywhere but the window area, and settle down.

.........................................

After a long day, I leave the campus and get into my jeep. Selena has to leave for work earlier and also have a date night with Mr. Professor, Sarah is somewhere cuddling with Leo and Chloe is going to meet Quinton's parents since they recently came to the town.

Why is everyone moving so fast but Xavier and I are being pulled back. I don't want to say that we are not meant to be together. If we weren't then I am not supposed to eagerly look for campus in literature class or in campus; my heart beat isn't supposed to thud rapidly every time I think about him.

'Am I in love?'

What? No! I can't forget what he did. And moreover it has been only over a month since I met him. Is love supposed to happen that fast?

"Beep! Beep!" The vibration of my phone shakes my thoughts away.

One new message from Jonathan.

Jonathan: I'm coming to England the week after next and I need to talk to u.

Me: What happened that day?

Jonathan: I'll explain everything. I promise. Don't tell Xavier, promise me!

Me: Why can't you just tell now?

Jonathan: Colson.... Just wait for me. I will explain everything. Just don't tell Xavier, please.

And he goes offline. What is going on? I have never met this man in my life and now he has something to tell me. I am so confused. And why does he want me to not tell Xavier?

I come to a stop in front of the research office building. Grabbing all my stuff, I get out and head inside.

............................................

"Fucking hell! It has been a long day!" Oscar sighs as we get out from the building exit at night, "Good thing my house is down the next street," He says with a smirk.

"Bad thing you are coming with me!" I smirk, "Remember, you promised!"

"Oh fuck!" He curses under his breath, "Fine!" We get in my jeep and drive away.

After a long traffic journey, we reach my dorm and get inside. Oscar receives a few greetings and side-hugs as we walk towards the elevator.

"Feels weird to be back here," He frowns, looking around. I almost forgot that he used to go to Cambridge and it has been two years since.

"And you are still famous," I roll my eyes as he throws his head back and laughs. We reach the fifth floor and get in my dorm. Our dorms are not the single-room dorms; they at least have two rooms and a small living area with an attached small kitchen but the whole thing is small compared to average sized flats but reliable for two people.

"Come in, mister," I welcome Oscar inside and we enter the kitchen. I offer him some wine and we sit down to chat for a while and discuss upcoming projects. After an hour when we two are laughing hysterically, Selena appears from her room.

"What the hell?" Selena says, confused. She is wearing a light pinkish grey dress and her wavy hair is tied up into a bun.

"Oh, hello, don't you look fabulous," Oscar sips his wine, eyeing Selena up and down. I must say, Oscar flirts a lot even with our seniors but he never had any bad intention. Selena blushes but covers it quickly.

"Oscar! She is taken!" My eyes widen in a warning expression as I shove his shoulder.

"What? I am just complimenting, my ladies," Oscar rolls his eyes and sips his last drop of wine.

"And who is he?" Selena asks, looking at me and pointing at the man beside me.

"Oh! He is Oscar, my partner in the research lab," I introduce him to her. Oscar stands up and offers a handshake to my friend who gladly accepts. He kisses the back of her hand. What's up with British men kissing the back of the hand? But it's a nice gesture.

"Anyways, I should head back home; my-," Oscar starts but Selena also speaks at the same time.

"Are you two on a drink date or something?" Selena asks, raising her eyebrow.

"-boyfriend must be waiting.......," Oscar finishes right after what Selena says. We all just stare at each other until everyone burst out laughing.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry I didn't know......," Selena nervously chuckles with a hint of embarrassment.

"No, honey, it's all fine. It happens," Oscar reassures. A lot of people don't realize that he has a boyfriend because he flirts with every person he sees.

"But- but- nothing," Selena looks down, gulping her question.

"It's okay, love, I go both ways," He winks at her making her blush then turns to me and kisses both of my cheeks.

"You smell damn good, Madalyne," Oscar winks at me also. I have to go through his unending-flirtation every day of work but don't get tired of seeing him flirt with the male workers.

Rolling my eyes, I take the keys and we head to the door so I can give him a lift to his home because I was the one who brought him here.

"Madalyne! Mada-," Sarah bursts through the door, panting and holding her phone. When her eyes land on me, she rushed towards me.

"Mady! You have to stop him! He is hurting himself!" As soon as Sarah says that, I instantly know it is. Without thinking anything I stride towards the door but then turn to look at Oscar.

"Madalyne, just go, I'll manage!" He says, usher me to go but notices my hesitation, "Fucking go, I can go home but you need to save your man!"

With one last glance at them, I hurry to the lift. Getting out, I head to the parking lot and get in my jeep and fly to Xavier's house.

'Mission failed. I can't stay away from him and I need to stop him from hurting himself.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 410 9
"I brought you here because I wanted to ask you something really important." He said and I smirked, knowing what he was going to ask me. "What is it...
124K 3.2K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...
2.2M 74.4K 49
COMPLETED - (book 2) Updated version now available on Amazon Kindle and Kindle Unlimited with an extra bonus chapter at the end! "I stood there for...
733K 27K 53
He pulls me fiercely to his chest and I hug him back. He pulls away after what seems like an eternity and I reluctantly let him go. I realize what I'...