falling /// sweet pea

annakory által

i'm falling again, falling again, falling sequel to gangsta Több

falling
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
we need to talk

four

651 17 1
annakory által

I slam the passenger side door of Sweet Pea's truck after I climb in with a huff and cross my arms over my chest. Sweet Pea gets in and puts the keys into the ignition but doesn't start the truck. 

I can feel his eyes burning holes into the side of my head, "Are you done throwing your temper tantrum?" He asks and I give him a side eye glance. "Guess not." He say under his breath and starts the truck. 

"I just don't get why Toni wouldn't tell me!" I burst. 

Sweet Pea scoffs, "Probably because she knew you'd react like this." I roll my eyes and stare out the window as I slump down into my seat. "Listen, I don't like the idea of Jones being in town anymore than you do, honestly I wish he'd fuck off to where ever he came from but," He grabs my chin and forces me to look at him, "You're gonna have to deal with it and be a grown up." 

I pull away from him, "Whatever." I pout. 

"Hey, it's good for the school right?" 

"I guess." I mumble. 

He shrugs, "So there's a positive to this." 

I still sit slumped in my seat, moping. Sweet Pea leans over and rests his chin on my shoulder, "You want some Pop's?" 

"Please?" I answer with pouted lips and he just laughs as he pulls away and puts the truck in drive. 

Sweet Pea and I sit at our usual booth with empty glasses and plates. He rests his arms on the table and leans forward, "Do you feel better now?" 

I shrug, "A little." I smile at him, "Thanks for listening to me complain." 

He places his hand on top of mine, "Always." 

"You guys need anything else?" Tabitha walks up to our table and I pull my hand into my lap. 

"No thanks, Tab. We're good." Sweet Pea says and she starts to gather the dishes, when she turns to leave she gives me a curious look and I just shake my head to which she rolls her eyes as she walks away. 

"You didn't have to do that, you know." Sweet Pea says once Tabitha is out of earshot. 

I look at him confused, "Do what?" 

"Pull your hand away." He says and I say, "I mean, it's okay we still have feelings for each other." 

"We don't-" 

"I do." He says abruptly, "I'm so cool with just being your friend, for your sake but I'm not gonna pretend that I don't love you and that other people can't see it." 

I run my hands over my face in an attempt to keep myself from crying, "Pea, I am always going to love you, I can't not love you, but I-" 

"I know, you can't be with me, not now. You've said it over and over again." He slumps back into his seat. 

A tear falls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away before he can see, "Can you take me home, please? I need to finish some stuff before school starts." 

"Yeah." He grabs his keys off the table and without another word stands from the table and walks toward the door. 

The ride to my apartment is quiet aside from the radio playing in the background. He doesn't even walk me to my door so I know he's really upset. The last thing I want to do is hurt him but the best thing for us is to be friends. I know it is even if he doesn't. 

______________________________________________________

"So," I toss my clipboard down onto my desk, "That's pretty much the schedule for class this year, do you guys have any questions?" I ask and no one moves, "Any at all?" A girl in the back raises her hand, "Yes?" 

"Are you and Mr.Jones married?" She asks and a few students snicker. 

"Uh, no. He's just my brother." I reply, "Any other questions." 

A boy in a letterman raises his hand, "Is it true that you and like half the other teachers here used to be in a gang when you were in high school." 

I sigh, "When I asked you guys had questions I meant about this class, not my personal life. But to answer your question, Brody, mess around and find out." The class laughs and the boy's friends tease him, "Alright, I know ice breakers aren't the most fun thing but I want you guys to create something that you feel represents you. There are paints, pens, markers, pencils, anything you need at your tables, please feel free to use whatever you like." 

After the first half of classes I'm honestly more exhausted than I thought I would be. I sit down in the teachers lounge with a warm cup of coffee, just as I take a sip I notice Toni walk in. She walks over and sits down at the table with me. 

"I'm sorry." We say together and laugh. 

"I'm sorry for icing you out, I was just really annoyed about Jughead being here." I say, "I was being a bitch." 

She nods, "You kinda were. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, it just all happened really fast." 

"You know, whatever helps the school, helps the school." I shrug, "I'll get over it." 

She grabs my hand, "Good, because I don't like not talking to you." She sucks in a big breath, "Sooo?" 

"Who told you?" I ask. 

She gives a deadpan look, "Guess." 

I shake my head, "I'm gonna kill Fangs one day." 

She laughs through her nose, "Come on, talk to me about it." 

"There's nothing to talk about because we aren't gonna get back together. He'll get over it." I shrug. "Eventually." 

"Okay, but what if he doesn't?" She asks, "Stevie, you know you could possibly lose him over this bullshit one day, right? I know you think he wouldn't understand but he will." 

"I don't want to risk it, T. It would hurt too much, much more than this." I say and she gives me a sad look. "This way, yeah we both hurt a little, but we still have each other." I take in a deep breath, "I gotta get ready for my next class, I'll see you later." I stand and quickly make my way out of the room. I can hear Toni calling after me but I pretend I don't. 

_________________________________

The Wyrm is busy tonight, must've been a lot of stops nearby because most of them are truckers with just a few locals sprinkled in. Drying and putting away glasses I notice Fangs coming down the stairs with Sweet Pea. He goes to a table while Fangs comes to the bar alone. 

"Hey, teach." He smiles widely, "You look very," He glances over my outfit, "Strict." 

"Well, it's the first week and I want them to now I'm serious, I'll tone it down eventually." I say. 

He raises his eyebrows, "When?" 

I reach across the bar and start smacking his arm, "When you stop telling other people about my business." 

"Ow!" He swats my arms away, "I didn't know that Toni was 'other people', jeez." 

I shake my head at him, "You are going to make me lose my mind." 

"Can I just have our beer please?" He asks with a fake pout. I roll my eyes and hand him the beers. "You're the best." He says and starts to head back to his table. 

"Fuck you!" I shout after him. Going back to my job I notice a man sitting at the bar, bald and looks to be in his mid-forties and he keeps staring at me. Putting on my best customer service smile I walk over to him, "Hello, sir. Is there anything I can get for you or do you just wanna keep staring at me all night?" 

"That doesn't sound like a bad way to spend my night." He says roughly, he almost sounds like he's already been drinking. Smells like it too. "But actually I'll have what you gave that other fellow." He points to Fangs. 

"A beer?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "No, I want your hands on me. Just not my arms." 

I'm almost dumbfounded at the man's boldness, "Excuse me?" 

He leans closer to me, "You know you got a pretty mouth. I bet you use it well." Before I can even register it my hand flies across his face, he rocks back almost falling off his bar stool. "What the hell!" The man groans. 

I hadn't even realized that Fangs and Sweet Pea had shown up until I heard them, "What happened?" Fangs asks. 

"I don't know, he was saying gross shit-" 

"You slapped me!" The man yells holding his cheek, "The fuck is wrong with you?" 

Sweet Pea pushes the man off the bar stool and gets in his face, "Hey, watch your mouth, you can't talk to her like that." 

"The hell I can, this bitch-" Before he can even finish his sentence Sweet Pea's fist connects with his mouth sending the guy to the ground groaning. 

"Sweet Pea!" 

He shakes his fist, "I told him to watch his mouth." 

Quickly I grab a napkin and fill it with ice before I step out from behind the bar, "Fangs, can you take care of this please." He nods and I grab ahold of Sweet Pea's arm. 

"What?" Sweet Pea asks and I tug him upstairs through Pop's and out to the parking lot. 

I hand him the ice filled napkin and he places it on his knuckles. "What the fuck?" 

He shrugs and looks at me like I'm crazy, "He called you a bitch." 

I let out a long exaggerated groan, "Well, then you better march down there and punch every guy that I've cut off."

"Really?" He asks and I look at him flatly. 

"Sweet Pea, I appreciate that you want to protect me but come on, this is my job. And you know how Toni feels about fighting at the bar." I say and he drops his gaze. 

After a moment he takes my hand and puts the ice napkin on my reddened palm. "I'm sorry for punching the guy, okay? And trust me, I know you can handle yourself but you shouldn't have to, not when I'm around at least." 

I let out a huff and shift my weight, "You're not gonna let this friends thing be easy anymore are you?" 

He shakes his head, "No, you're gonna suffer with me." I let out a pained laugh as his lifts the ice away from my palm, "How's your hand feel?" 

"Fine, what about you?" 

He flexes his fingers, "No broken bones so I'm good." 

"Anyway, thank you." I shove my hands into my pockets awkwardly and look to my shoes. 

Sweet Pea tucks a piece of hair behind my ear making me look up at him, "No problem." He leaves his hand on my cheek and I know he can feel how hot my face is as he stares down at me. My heart pounds in my chest and I try to catch my breath. I bring my hand up to his with the intention of pulling it away but I don't, I just hold him. 

The bell on Pop's door rings making the both of us jump. Looking around Sweet Pea I see that Fangs and a couple other Serpents are dragging the guy out. He's got a nasty looking black eye forming and a red handprint on his cheek. 

Fangs walks over to us letting the other two Serpents handle it, "You guys okay?" He asks. 

I clear my throat, "Uh, yeah. I better get back down there." I push past both of them and rush inside. 

_____________________________________

I sit at a table with a glass in hand as I watch Tabitha and Jughead play darts on the other side of the bar.

"Quit staring." Sweet Pea says as he approaches me.  

"I wasn't staring." I say as I take a sip. Sweet Pea gives me a suspicious look, "It's water, relax." 

He sits down next to me and takes a swig of his beer, "How's school been?" 

I shrug, "Fine. I meet Veronica's husband today."

"Yeah?" 

"He's didn't say too much when he wasn't bragging about their affluent life but in my gut I can just tell the guy is bad news." I say as I glance over to the couple that's laughing with our friends. "Anyway, why don't you come meet him." I grab his arm, pulling him towards their table and I hear him let out a low groan. 

"Oh, Stevie, you made it." Veronica smiles brightly as we approach. 

"Of course, why would I miss getting to hear Kevin sing Defying Gravity for the one thousandth time." I say sarcastically and Kevin just shoots me a fake smile. 

She laughs softly, "Well, come sit next to me." She grabs a near by chair and pats the seat. I make my way around the table and place myself in the chair while Sweet Pea pulls up a seat next to Fangs. Veronica turns to her husband, "Chad, you remember Stevie." Chad nods to me with a smile, "And this is her bo- friend Sweet Pea." The two shake hands across the table. 

Sweet Pea and I exchange a glance, "So, Ronnie, how are you liking being a teacher?" 

She sets her glass down, "Um, good. Although I do miss New York." 

"Well, it's good to have you back. Even if it is only for a little while." I say and she wraps an arm around my shoulders. 

"Alright, alright!" Toni's voice booms over the bar grabbing everyone's attention, "We've got a special treat for you guys. She used to own this place back in the day, so lets give an extra loud Whyte Wyrm welcome to; Veronica Lodge!" 

The place erupts in cheers and shouts but Veronica quickly turns to her husband, "She probably forgot its Gekko now." She whispers. 

"All good, knock 'em dead, babe." Chad presses a kiss to her hand and Veronica heads to stage. 

The opening notes to the song 'Shallows' starts to play as Veronica steps to the mic. "Tell me something, boy. Aren't you tired trying to fill that void? Or do you need more, is there something else you're searching for." I can feel someone staring holes into my head but I don't dare look away from the raven haired girl on stage. 

"Tell me something, girl." Chad stands suddenly singing with a mic in his hand, "Are you happy in this modern world? Or do you need more, ain't it hard keeping it so hardcore?" 

"I'm off the deep end watch as I dive in, I'll never meet the ground." Veronica continues to sing with a huge smile on her face. I cannot be the only one that thinks this is weird. "Crash through the surface, where they can't hurt us, we're far from the shallow now." 

Chad joins Veronica onstage and wraps his arms around her waist as they sing together, "In the shallow, in the shallow, in the shallow. We're far from the shallow now." The two finish out the song with a kiss and everyone claps before heading back to the table.

"That was great, V." Betty compliments as they take their seats. 

"Thanks, B." Veronica smiles as she holds onto Chad's arm. 

Chad laughs, "That was fun," He looks to me, "Doesn't that make you wanna get married and do the same?" 

I shake my head with a laugh, "I mean, not really. Don't get me wrong it was lovely, Ronnie, but marriage really isn't on my mind at the moment." 

Chad narrows his eyes at me, "You're a little cynical aren't you?" He tries to play is off with a laugh and he can tell I'm apprehensive about him.

"I guess so." I push my glass away and clear my throat, "I think I'm gonna go home." 

Veronica grabs my arm, "Oh no, aren't you having fun?"

"Hanging out at my job on my night off?" I ask and she looks at me with realization, "I'll see you guys at school." 

I head toward the stairs but I'm stopped when someone grabs my arm, "Stevie." My brother's voice fills my ears. "Can we talk, please?" 

Turning on my heel I cross my arms, "What?" 

"Look, I didn't think my book was going to hurt you." He says. 

I shake my head, "It wasn't just the book, I mean, you just completely forgot about me. We promised to be there for each other always and you disappeared on me." 

He blinks hard, "It's been so long, don't you think it's time to forget about that crap?" He steps in closer to me and I'm hit with the smell of alcohol. 

"Are you drunk?" I ask and glance to the drink in his hand. 

He shakes his head, "No." Though the word comes out slurred sounding more like 'Bo.' 

"Oh God," I run my hands through my hair, "I can't talk to you like this." 

I turn to walk away but he grabs my arm again, "No, Stevie." 

"Let go!" I push him hand off me. 

"Hey, what's going on?" Sweet Pea walks up to the both of us.

I point to Jughead with a huff, "He's drunk. I don't want to be around him when he's like this." 

Sweet Pea looks to Jughead, "Back off, Jones, you can talk later. Why don't you go find Tabitha or something."

Jughead tries to push past Sweet Pea to me but Sweet Pea just puts a hand to his chest, "Go, man." 

Without another word Sweet Pea puts his arm around my shoulders and walks me upstairs, "Let's go." He mumbles to me and hands me the keys to his truck. 

The entire ride and walk to my door is quiet, neither of us saying a word but we've never really needed to.

I unlock the door and push it open, Sweet Pea follows in behind me, "You're not gonna-" 

"No." I cut him off. "But, can you maybe stay? Just until I fall asleep, incase I want to?" 

"Of course." He answers quickly without a second thought. 

__________________________________________________________

AN

I don't know what to say but I'm tired. This chapter was kind of a rollacoster though.

BIG LOVES
VOTE 
COMMENT

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

57.4K 1.7K 66
[COMPLETED] [50,000 - 60,000 WORDS] It's the first day of Veronica's Senior year of highschool. She's somewhat excited. She's not really sure how to...
61.1K 772 54
Jayda Jones, Jughead's twin sister. Complete opposites. He grew up at Riverdale High. She grew up at Southside High. He loves to write. She hates it...
999K 14.9K 169
Riverdale preferences and imagines REQUESTS ARE CLOSED
885K 17.5K 24
As a Southside Serpent, Sweet Pea is under the impression that all Northsiders are preppy, priviledged Southside-haters. The idea of him falling in l...