DAGGER IN THE HEART

By mariabae9

"You don't deserve this", he breathed. His hand glided against my cheek as I slowly lean into it. "What do yo... More

Before You Read
half
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty- two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
epilogue
DETAILS

twenty-one

19.6K 422 713
By mariabae9

*9 months before*

MATTEO'S POV:

I slip through my all-black attire and roam around the apartment for any extras before we leave. My father's ball is being hosts today, which means I have to bring Davina in a den of fucking vipers.

This awful feeling keeps eating at me as we come closer to leaving. There could be a good possibility she finds out I'm supposed to murder her, but I highly doubt my father will let that happen.

We've been training for 2 months now, and surprisingly her skills have improved tremendously. Davina could probably wipe out a whole gang if she truly wanted to.

"Are you almost finished?" I knock on the door and hear the sounds of Davina shuffling in the bathroom.

"Yeah!" She calls out and I make my way into the kitchen.

She told me she found a dress a couple of weeks ago but refused to show me until she was fully ready.

I chug down a glass of water-thinking of smashing the glass between my hands to give an excuse of not attending tonight.

But before I could Andrea is walking in with his hair slicked back and a navy suit on. "Don't I look hot", he smirks at me and fiddles with the watch resting on his wrist.

"No", I roll my eyes and chug down more water-wishing it was whiskey.

"That is so rude dude I can't bel-"

I glance up at Andrea waiting for him to continue, but his mouth is hung open and eyeballs bulged.

I follow where his eyes are looking-when suddenly I feel my heart race and my palms sweat.

Davina walks into the room with a shimmery, pink dress formed down to the floor. The V line coming down far- having half of her breasts noticeable. The material crisscrossing against her stomach and blending into the dress only for a slit to appear down the side of her leg.

Her hair straighten-tucked behind her ears and flattened with an oil or gel. It hit her middle back and contrasted against her tan skin, with silver jewelry displayed.

I looked down and her painted toes were placed in diamond stilettos that I gifted to her just yesterday.

My eyes trail over every inch of her body. The way her curves stand out against the gown- or the way her hands curl around the silver clutch.

"Andrea", I grumble but never take my eyes off of her. "Get out."

When Andrea shuts the door behind him Davina grins and walks closer to me. "What do you think?" She twirls and I feel a genuine smile tug on my lips.

"I think that your the most irresistible woman I've ever laid my eyes on", I say through a dry throat because apparently water doesn't do shit when you're looking at the most beautiful girl in the world.

She blushes and tucks her head down," you look extremely handsome yourself."

"Darling", I say and see her eyes meet mine. "Come here."

She walks over and I place my arms around her waist. "You take my breath away", I smirk and she smiles like I just told her the most exciting thing ever.

After a moment of silence, I dip my finger under her chin and meet her eye. "What's wrong, love?"

"I'm nervous", she sighs and wraps her thin arms around my neck.

"Don't be", I shrug it off and place a kiss on her neck. "As long as you have this", I murmur and trail my hand underneath her dress and to her upper thigh. The black band of a thigh sheath molds under my fingertips as I graze the dagger sitting in its hold. "You'll be good."

She shyly nods and I place one last kiss on her forehead before dismissing us out the door.

~
After I repeatedly told the limo driver I was going to be taking my car, I threw him a couple hundred to shut him up and got in my car.

Davina sat in the passenger, with my hand squeezing her thigh. We were about to go under a tunnel, where the lights flickered yellow and shined off windows, but Davina rolled down the window all the way.

"What are you doing?" I glanced over at her repeatedly, but still keeping my eyes on the road.

"Living", she shrugged and unbuckled her seatbelt.

When we reached under the tunnel, Davina popped her upper half through the window and grinned as the wind kissed her face and brushed through her hair.

Her head dipped back, not a care in the world her hair is flying all over the place and getting messed up.

I chuckled and turned the volume of the music up, so it blared through the tunnels and everyone could hear.

As I turned my head and watched Davina closely, her eyes closed and let the music vibrate through her- making her giggle.

I couldn't help but think one thing,

I'm falling in love with you, Davina Blackwell.

~

Spiral stair casing leads up to the grand, glass doors where lanterns flicker their light and shine off the white siding. Cars are parked in the driveway and garage-most running down the private road where a black gate wraps around the mansion.

Many men from our group come out of their cars- some alone or with their partner.

"Shall we?" I hold my arm out and Davina links her arm through.

"We shall."

White marble hits the bottom of my shoes as we make our way into the entryway and pass by an ice sculpture of a viper ready to pounce on its prey.

The parlor (twice the size of a normal room) is filled with men and women having civilized conversations and drinking champagne. I meet eyes with Carter- who is nodding along to whatever the woman is saying next to him.

Servers move swiftly through the crowd with various refreshments and liquor.

One passes us and I stopped him with a small wave and picked two glasses of white wine.

"Drink?" I glance at Davina and see her nibble on her lips and slowly play with a ring resting on her finger.

"Darling", I whisper in her ear and immediately her head snaps up. "Don't be anxious everyone is having a good time."

"Here", I hand her the glass and put my hand on the small of her back, rubbing small circles.

Her shoulders relax and inch closer to me. "Thanks", she says under her breath and I slowly introduce her to some friends of mine.

"Ahhh Ms. Blackwell, I presume", I hear my father's voice from behind us and I stiffen my whole body. Davina's smile falters when she turns her body and looks at my father.

"Luca", he beams and holds a hand out to greet her. "Luca Creed."

She clears her throat and lightly shakes his hand. "Davina, but I guess you already know that."

"I've heard many interesting things about you", he chuckled and fiddles with his wine glass. "Didn't know my son was into brunettes."

I glare so hard I think my eyes will fall out, but he hardly glanced at me.

"I suppose your son has good taste than", she straightens and cocks an eyebrow.

Since when the fuck-

"Sassy little thing", he shakes his head and folds a hand around the whole cup. "Hmm too bad."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She forces out and furrows her brows.

"Ahh nothing", he grins again and pats my shoulder. "Good to see you son."

"Come let's dance", I gesture to the dance floor where couples are swaying around and drinking.

My hands grip her hips and I press her closer- needing her perfume to calm me.

The music rises and falls as we press together and move in rhythm. Her heart pressing against mine- and just for a second, I wish I could go out and grab it.

Hoping that no matter what happens in the end, it will never stop beating.

"Creed", I hear from behind me and I find one of my father's guys motioning me to come over and join a group of them.

I groan internally and kiss Davina on the cheek before saying I'd be right back.

DAVINA'S POV:

I feel my insides crawl and bile rise to my throat when I stand over in the corner-slowly sipping a bottle of pink champagne. My breathing has become hitched when more people gather from outside and into the room, simply strolling by and looking at me with cocked eyebrows.

The best thing that sounds good about now is curling up in my bed where I'm isolated and no one can simply stare and judge.

I wanna dig into a pint of ice cream while watching Gilmore Girls in pajamas.

I feel like I'm going to a freaking prom wearing this glitter dress. Compared to the classy ladies that sway in red, silk gowns and gold, strapless dresses I wish I could change out of this.

Everyone seemed to be having a good time. Talking in small groups and dancing to the classical music that lingers through the marvelous room.

White pillars stand tall beside me and I contemplate hiding behind them until Matteo comes back.

"I've never seen you around", I hear a voice coo behind me and I jumped-startled.

His auburn hair slicked up, like sharp knives sticking through his scalp. I stand taller and meet his emerald eyes that looked me up and down like a lavish meal he couldn't wait to devour.

"I suppose that's a good thing", I cast an evil smirk towards him and swirl the fizzy drink in my mouth.

"Would you like to dance?"

I stiffen my shoulders, wanting nothing more than to pour this drink over him and find a cab. "Do I have an option?"

"No", he smirks and draws the word out like it's silk.

"One dance."

Placing my champagne down, I move to the dance floor with the stranger and feel one of his hands settling on my waist, and the other lightly touching my hand.

With one arm I place it on his shoulder and keep my face as far as possible from his.

"You look quite delicious tonight", he purrs into my ear and I feel a chill inch down my spine.

"And you look- well simply", I try to find the word and move my tongue across my teeth. "Unembellished."

He lets out a laugh and tightens his grip around my waist-to the point it would most likely bruise. I wince in pain but keep a straight face.

"How about we put that mouth to use on something else other than insulting me?"

I quickly scan the room praying all find Matteo's suit and tattoos, but instead, I'm left with nothing but a crowd full of people I don't know.

"Or how about you take a hint when a woman doesn't find you appealing."

His hand brushes over mine and trails its way down my body until he comes in contact with the slit in my dress.

"Don't fool yourself whore", he murmurs in my ear and creeps his hands closer to my middle. "We both know you want me inside you."

My throat turns dry, but I manage to put on a bitch face and curl a hand around his wrist.

"I warned you", I whisper in his ear before going under my dress and pulling out the dagger in its spot.

In one swift motion, I'm pinning him against the wall and trailing the dagger so closely to his flesh- he flinches.

Small droplets of bloodline his throat from the nick I gave him, and I smirk in satisfaction.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't take this dagger and slide it across your throat?"

His eyes widen when I bite my lip and stare at his open wound.

"I wasn't trying to do anything I swear-"

"Darling", I hear from behind me and I let out a small smile.

"This bitch is crazy!" The guy struggles from underneath me but the dagger is starting to poke under his skin.

I feel a hand on the small of my back and the sweet smell of cologne and mint.

"He tried to touch me", I say over my shoulder but never break eye contact with the fucking pathetic boy cowering under me.

"You tried to touch my girl?" Matteo cocks an eyebrow and stares up at him.

"P-please just let me go", he whimpers and I scoff.

"Next time", I say and slowly back away from him. Only to take my heel and shove it up to his leg where the sun doesn't shine.

He grunts and falls to the floor. "Show some respect", I spit before grabbing a glass of wine and walking away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73 10 12
I clenched my jaw and kept back the urge to punch her right now. "You can't force me into this!!!" I yelled while standing up. "I can tho, i have all...
534K 15.3K 67
BEING REWRITTEN THIS IS THE OLD VERSION You haven't learnt anything until you learn monsters have nightmares too. Paint me as a villain and call me a...
33.1K 572 33
"I could kill you," he grins holding the gun to my temple. "I wouldn't be scared," I reminded him. He trails the gun under my chin lifting it, allowi...
45.2K 836 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...