empathy

By divine_drabness

the ability to understand and share the feelings of another In which a girl, who doesn't like nor understand... More

Prologue
PART ONE
ONE
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
PART TWO
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
PART THREE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN

TWO

26.5K 678 101
By divine_drabness

School. How some people can enjoy this total nightmare is beyond Anastasia. And yet here she is, sitting on her car; her feet on the hood of it and a cigarette hanging in between her lips.  

"Anastasia." Jessica's voice calls.

Oh, hell. What does she want?

Humming, Anastasia turns her eyes to the brunette, rolls her eyes at her and turns her head back to stare ahead. 

"You are late." Jessica observes the obvious. "Oh, really? People don't just show up at lunch and ditch the first four periods? And here I thought that's why school starts at eight instead of twelve." Anastasia states after taking a long drag of her cigarette; turning her head to blow the smoke into Jessica's face. "Sorry, I just... thought I'd start a conversation." said girl apologies quickly, watching the way Anastasia's coat seems to flow as she hops off the car. "Don't do it with stupidity." Anastasia shrugs, throwing the cigarette on the ground but not bothering to put it out. 

Frowning, Jessica stares after her as she stalks away; the over knee high heel boots barely making a sound as they hit the blacktop, the black leather coat swaying slightly behind her, her high ponytail moving in sync with her hip and her hands swiftly gliding in the pockets of her jacket. 

She didn't even bother to bring her school stuff. 

Making her way to the classroom, Anastasia bumps shoulders with one or two people, never caring enough to stop her walking and yet she freezes dead in her tracks as she sees an unfamiliar, short girl sitting in her seat.

She may not come to school all that often, but people know to stay away from her seat. In the back, on the left, next to the window. 

"You're in my seat." Anastasia states simply after making her way over, her voice sharp enough to cut through stone. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realise this seat was taken." the girl replies. "I'm Alice. Alice Cullen. We can sit together if you'd like." she introduces herself with an overly sweet smile.

Yuck.

"You're in my seat." Anastasia repeats, slamming her hands on the table as she leans down to glare heatedly at... Aileen? Whatever. "But the seat beside me is free. I don't see what's wrong with that." Aileen replies, now overly confused. "Get off my seat before you won't be able to anymore." Anastasia hisses furiously. Anger, annoyance and irritation bubbling up inside of her. 

Her quick temper has always been one of her biggest flaws. 

Observing the way Alice watches her closely, Anastasia can feel every inch of control slip through her fingers. Her eyebrows fall into a frown, her lips curl inwards, her jaw tenses and her fingers glide to the edge of the table to curl tightly around it.

"Alright. Okay." Aileen rushes out after a minute, Anastasia's lips falling open with a low 'plop' sound. "How eminently generous of you." she lets out, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"That seat is taken." she hangs on shortly as Alice makes an attempt to sit down on the chair next to hers.

Sitting down on the table, she turns to get on the other side and sink into her seat, leaning back into the rest with crossed arms. 

Alice watches her for a moment longer, trying to make out how exactly she could be a good fit for Jasper before taking a seat at another table. The vision she has had just yesterday clouding her mind and the recent interaction with Anastasia crossing it ever so often. It just doesn't add up.

---

Jasper is laying with his head in the lap of a beautiful black-haired girl, her manicured fingers combing through his honey blonde curls as her green eyes watch his every move.

"My father owned a little plantation in the south and my mother died when I was fairly young. I can't remember much of it, most disappeared with the transition. But I remember him to be a very distant man, we never really grew a relationship; we were just too different." Jasper whispers, his eyes closed contentedly.

He doesn't seem to be breathing, his chest neither rising nor falling. His shoulders an unmoving stiffness.

"The only thing we ever actually agreed on was that serving in the war was an honourable thing to do. It was one of the reasons, I used my... persuasion to get in before my 17th birthday. Something I deeply regret this day." he continues.

"I climbed the ranks swiftly, soon becoming the youngest major in Texas. I didn't realise I was fighting for the wrong side. Or maybe I did and just didn't want to see it." Jasper hums slightly as her fingers trace over one of the scars on his neck.

Of course, she didn't see them and, if she were to feel them, she probably wouldn't think much of it. but from the way her fingers trace the scars perfectly, one can tell she has done this multiple times before.

"I was nineteen when I met Maria. She was creating a newborn army to avenger her destroyed coven. I was one of the lucky ones, one of the damned. She turned me; made me train the newborns, forced me to kill them when they weren't of use any longer." his voice trails off as his mind flies back to his time with the Mexican Coven.

"I thought what we had was love, turns out it was nothing but manipulation on her side." Jasper adds lowly, so low she nearly hasn't heard.

An unfamiliar pang of strangely strong emotions claws on Anastasia's inside, forcing her movements to an abrupt stop.
Jasper is sitting up in a swift motion, his hand holding her face tenderly in his hands as his thumb caresses her cheek.

"You are not like her, Darlin." his voice goes deeper, his accent clearer as his eyes seem to stare right through her; reading her heart like an open book. "You are not manipulating me." Jasper adds.

"Just because our love isn't like anyone else's, doesn't make it any weaker. It's different, different is good." his voice gets quieter, his hand coming to stroke a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I don't want what others have and frankly, I don't believe you do. Staring at stars together, taking long walks and dancing to slow music, that's quite boring, don't you think, darlin'? I very much prefer the hiking trips near Mount Pilchuck or the time you convinced me to take you skydiving. But my favourite has to be when you nearly decapitated me during axe throwing." Jasper chuckles a bit at the last memories; his laugh soon turning into a smile, mirroring the cheeky one that has spread across Anastasia's face.

"I want that kind of love. I love that kind of love. Because this way I know we won't ever get bored with and of each other. This way I know we won't ever not know what to do." he ends his little speech with a kiss on her forehead.

Alice gasps slightly at that, Edward throwing her a look from the backseat.

"Who is she?" he asks, reading the answer in his sister's mind.

Oh, how fun this will be.

-----

Another chapter and a little insight into what I eventually want this story to become. 

What did you think of the vision?

Did you think it would be an interesting kind of relationship?

Or will it be too much? 

Also, what did you think of the little fast forward character development; did you find it sitting or do you want her to turn out differently? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 3.6K 19
π‘³π’π’—π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’Šπ’”π’'𝒕 π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’” 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 π’†π’‚π’”π’š π’˜π’‰π’†π’ 𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒔 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒔...
972K 25.3K 57
"𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 π’„π’‚π’π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’Žπ’†, π’Žπ’π’•π’‰π’†π’“. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 π’˜π’†π’“π’Šπ’…." - π‘¨π’Žπ’†π’π’Šπ’‚. πš˜πš› πš’πš— πš πš‘πš’πšŒπš‘ πš’πš˜πšžπš› πšŠπšŸπšŽπš›πšŠπšπšŽ πšπš’πš›πš• πš πšŠπš”πšŽπšœ 𝚞...
483K 11.3K 17
les monstres aussi tombent amoureux. monsters fall in love too.
145K 4.7K 26
𝐓𝐇𝐄 πŽππ‹π˜ π„π—π‚π„ππ“πˆπŽπ| ❝Why did you just leave me like that?❞ ❝Because I thought ...