Revelation Of The Chosen (Boo...

By RJS416

Magic is not real! Ancient History is just a part of someone's fabrication put into books. Shark and Troy do... More

Thank You to Supporters of the RW
Prologue
Chapter 0: A Distant Past
Chapter 1: The Skeptics of Magic
Chapter 2: The Dark One's Journey Begins
Chapter 3: Ancient History
Chapter 4: The Rothom Archives
Chapter 5: To The Museum
Chapter 6: Intruder in the Halls
Chapter 7: The Egyptian Exhibit
Chapter 8: The Clash
Chapter 9: Mesmerizing Words of Terror
Chapter 10: The Final Guards
Chapter 11: Mummies Alive
Chapter 12: Stolen Scrolls
Chapter 13: Pierce Through to Another Time
Chapter 14: The Mysterious Stranger
Chapter 15: A Thousand Questions
Chapter 16: The Thief and The Thunderer
Chapter 17: Hungry Inhabitants
Chapter 18: An Unexpected Ally?
Chapter 19: Fight Thunder with Fire
Chapter 20: Secret Revealed
Chapter 21: The New World Observed
Chapter 22: A Warning from the Trees
Chapter 23: Competition and Bullies
Chapter 24: Giant Dangerous Arachnids
Chapter 25: Rise like the Winds and Devour like the Water
Chapter 26: To Trust or Not to Trust
Chapter 27: The Hidden Underground Den
Chapter 28: The Forest of Intensions
Chapter 29: The Mermaid's Scream
Chapter 30: The Nylus Rainbow Scale
Chapter 31: Perils of the Island
Chapter 32: The Questioning Begins
Chapter 33: The Hyods
Chapter 34: The Ruincrucians
Chapter 35: Panthora and General Chrome
Chapter 36: Battling Vegetables
Chapter 37: The Cries of the People
Chapter 38: Land of the Mist
Chapter 39: The Return of the Hyod of Wind
Chapter 40: The Hyod Council
Chapter 42: The Messiah of Darkness
Chapter 43: A Dangerous Encounter
Chapter 44: Grave News
Chapter 45: Vulnerable
Chapter 46: Confrontations and Conflicts
Chapter 47: Revelation Of The Chosen
Chapter 48: Doublegangers
Chapter 49: The Radiant Warrior
Chapter 50: New School, New Curriculum
Chapter 51: Training Day
Chapter 52: War of Words
Chapter 53: Lord Rothom
Chapter 54: The Second Great War
Chapter 55: A Traitor
Chapter 56: Provoked and Unapologetic
Chapter 57: Secret Training
Chapter 58: Heartfelt Goodbyes
Chapter 59: A Trap Set
Chapter 60: Falling Warrior
Epilogue

Chapter 41: The Balance Between Light and Dark Tipped

276 31 54
By RJS416

"My dear brothers and sisters, it is not a rumour. I went to the Archives before I arrived here, for I felt, unlike the rest of you, a disruption in the balance between Light and Dark, the order of things."

"I found an injured Onyx clinging for his life. He was attacked by the intruder, and left for dead."

"What? Onyx? No, say it is not so? How is he? Where is he? Is he alright?" demanded a now standing Hallious and the light shifted to him, elucidating his handsome but worried face.

Valliantious raised his arm for him to remain calm. "I reassure you Hallious he is alright and resting in my chambers."

Hallious sighed in relief and sat back down.

Valliantious continued with his revelation. "According to Onyx, it was a Dark Warrior and he stole several scrolls."

Heliocana interrupted Valliantious and the lime light fell on her. "Onyx must have touched the door out of curiosity. It was his first time there and when it reacted to his touch, he must have panicked."

"The only way for him to not suffer from humiliation and retribution was to blame it on a follower of the Messiah of Darkness which everyone seems to do a lot lately."

"How dare you!" interjected Hallious pointing angrily at Heliocana. "Onyx is one of the noblest warriors out there. He would never do such a thing!"

"It is the only explanation," shouted Heliocana. "After all we have felt the Messiah's hold on this world dying, day by day."

Hallious continued defending Onyx and then another uproar began between the six Hyods. The lime light from the chandelier shifted back and forth from each Hyod for they all attempted to speak and be heard at the same time.

Valliantious stood and observed the council. The tension in the air was rising even higher. He looked disappointed and ashamed of each of them. They were like traders at an auction, trying to out bid and win the prize of a lifetime.

"Enough! Enough!" said Valliantious loudly without raising his voice. "All of you are acting like younglings!" and the white light fell on him and the council fell into utter silence.

"We are the Council of Hyods, leaders of the Light. Is this how we are going to act towards each other, calling each other liars and disrespecting each other?"

"The Archives has been infiltrated and it appears Omegon is preparing his arsenals for The Third Great War. It is time for us to find out what the Dark Warrior took so we can combat it," articulated Valliantious.

"You are right," replied Blackthorn and the lime light fell upon him, "We have been acting like younglings. We should not be arguing, instead we should be concentrated on finding out who this Dark Warrior is and what he stole."

"Then it is settled. We will have to use the Valour of the Hyods," said a strict Valliantious.

Each of the Hyods nodded in agreement and stood up firmly. They elevated their right arm to the middle of the granite table, and started to concentrate on unifying as one.

Their special Rudiment encircled each of them like a cyclone from their right arm. A typhoon encircled Ponthious, a hurricane devoured Valliantious, and an inferno coerced Haliocana.

The milieu of their special Rudiments started to rise into the air from their right arm.

The chandelier and the rest of the chamber darkened except for the rising depictions and Rudiments which was wrapping itself around the rest of their body like a scarf.

The Rudiments rushed to the middle of the chamber like starved animals and forged into a white diamond which illuminated the room in pure white light.

The Hyods were now standing in the Rothom Archives.

Blackthorn was in the front while Hyperiown, Hallious, and Demetah stood on his left in a straight line, elevating their hands towards his back while on the right Valliantious, Ponthious and Heliocana did the same.

Blackthorn was staring at the hooded figure who was desperately trying hold on to the large Archive figure as white lightning electrocuted him while he summoned numerous scrolls.

"Blackthorn as current leader of the Hyods, you are the only one who can see what is happening. Since our brother absconded, we all cannot see what you will so we are depending on your accuracy," said a bold Valliantious.

"I understand dear brother," retorted Blackthorn.

He continued watching the Dark Warrior who held onto the version of the Rothom Archive while he grasped scrolls.

"What do you see dear brother?" asked Heliocana.

"The entity is a Dark Warrior that is for sure. It was not Onyx who disturbed the Balance and Order as you suspected," replied Blackthorn.

Hallious immediately interjected and reprimanded Heliocana for her words. She quickly but a little reluctantly apologised and continued ushering her strength towards Blackthorn.

"Go on Blackthorn," said Valliantious.

"He is grasping the Scroll of Alteration."

"Why would the Messiah of Darkness need to transform himself or his followers into another identity and for what purpose?" questioned a curious Hyperiown.

"We can detect anyone who is an impostor, especially if they are of Dark," commented Demetah, very awed and puzzled.

"He is grasping the Safeguard Scroll now."

"He is probably aware we are closing in on his location of hiding and needs it to cover his trail," suggested Ponthious.

"He grasped another scroll, and it is the Scroll of Conversion Rudiment," exclaimed Blackthorn, very bewildered.

"It sounds like he is planning on hiding someone of importance, transforming it with the Scroll of Alteration, changing its Rudiment with the Scroll of Conversion so it cannot be easily detected and giving it added protection with the Scroll of Safeguard," commented Hallious.

"Do you see anything else?" probed Valliantious.

"He has grabbed several other scrolls but I cannot see what they are and now he is leaving the room," replied Blackthorn.

"Just like Onyx said," interjected Valliantious to himself.

The room darkened, devouring the serene lights of the Archives. The elongated chandelier broke through the darkness and the now vanishing inner room of the Archives as the atmosphere of the Council Chamber reappeared piece by piece.

"How could such a vile warrior like that infiltrate the Archives without us knowing? It is impossible. He cannot be an Apprentice or warrior of ours and if he is, he still has no access to the room without our instructions," said a worried Heliocana.

"We do not know that, dear sister," replied Blackthorn while the light shifted to him to elucidate his suspicious green eyes.

He had a hunch on how a Dark Warrior was able to infiltrate the Archives without their knowledge. It had to do with the master builder himself.

"What do you mean by that?" asked Valliantious.

"Rothom told us we are the only ones who have access to his Archives but what if it was a lie."

"What if there is another way in and he told the Messiah of Darkness in order to reap his revenge for his imprisonment at our hands," suggested Blackthorn looking at each of his siblings, one after the other.

This was why they were not able to detect a presence of Dark in the Archives. Rothom would know of all the entrances and exits, maybe he was forced into divulging it or maybe he willingly gave it up.

Demetah and Hallious looked at Valliantious like he had the answer.

"I suppose it is a possibility," said Valliantious.

"No! Not a possibility. It is so. No Hyod would let something like the Messiah of Darkness rule this world," howled Blackthorn and the lime light enhanced his furious eyes.

He needed his brother to see Rothom for who he truly was. Rothom was not the kind and gentle hearted warrior they thought he was. He proved that the day he attempted to try and kill him, a Hyod but it was still not enough to convince his brother of Rothom's guilt.

"Blackthorn is right," reinforced Heliocana. "I am sure the master builder constructed more than one way into his impenetrable fortress. To ensure if there were any betrayals, he would still be able to gain access to his most prized possessions, without its masters knowing."

"I agree with them," said Ponthious, the lime light upon him. "Rothom has betrayed us once already and that is why he is, where he is. What is one more betrayal?"

Valliantious did not answer and it looked like the other Hyods had the same look of betrayal from Rothom on their faces.

"Brothers, sisters, if that is the case then be aware of any new comers into your Houses, your temples, your strong holds, your fortresses, be on the lookout at all times. Omegon is up to something and until we decipher what it is, know one of Light is safe," warned Valliantious.

His fellow Hyods nodded in agreement and dematerialized with their special Rudiment surrounding them. He watched them exit the room through the four doors which had opened up automatically.

Things would never be the same again. Some were happy to see him while others wished he stayed away, forever.  

Question:

1) What are your thoughts about he Hyods now that you have seen them interact with each other?

2) Who is happy to see the Lord of Wind back and who is not and why?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 252 8
🏳️‍🌈 7x FEATURED + 2x AWARDS WINNING ❝A boy who has lost everything and a boy who has everything to lose. In the city of St. Dаktalion, those surv...
989 92 22
"Our entire lives led us to this moment, only for us to lose in the end. We aren't a team, a family, we never were. We are just a bunch of puzzle pie...
65.3K 11.1K 122
🌟WATTYS 2023 SHORTLIST 🌟WATTYS 2023 FANS CHOICE AWARDS NOMINEE 🌟WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST 🌟Editor's Pick (Reading Radar) Feb 2024 🌟 Featured Wattpa...
130K 8.6K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...