𝑱𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝑭𝑢𝑹 𝑨 𝑴𝑢𝑴𝑬𝑡...

By erensgf0712

"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’š π’…π’†π’π’š π’Šπ’•? 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’” π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’... More

Author's Note β™‘
one || Be My Valentine..?
two || "Is He Your Boyfriend Or Something..?"
three || "Please Don't Stop.."
four || "You Can't Be Serious!?"
five || "You're really going out with him?"
six || "Have You Been Drinking?"
seven || "And Who Can Do It Better Than Me?"
eight || "Cheers To The Beautiful Family."
nine || "Take It...It's Yours"
ten || "Yes, Girlfriend."
eleven || "Who Did This To You?"
twelve || "Just Let Me Explain.."
thirteen || "You Never Gave Me An Answer Summer."
fourteen || "I'm A Gentleman Summer."
Fifteen || "F*ck Junior Year!"
sixteen || "Your Friends, Media First"
seventeen || "Front Or Back?"
eighteen || "Welcome, Miss Nolan"
nineteen || "This Dinner Is Going To Be A Shit Show Isn't It?"
Twenty || "I'm Sorry."
twenty-one || "I Guess We Better Make It Memorable Then."
twenty-two || "Andromeda."
twenty-four || "Who Am I To Keep You Waiting?"
twenty-five || "Did You Miss Me?"
twenty-six || "You Can't Ignore Me."
twenty-seven || "Is This Some Kind Of Sick Joke?"
twenty-eight || "Happy Birthday Summer."
twenty-nine || "You're In For A Long Night Kid."
thirty || "Do You Trust Devon?"
thirty-one || "His Name Is Christopher Johnson."
thirty-two || "Don't Tell Me...You Haven't Opened My Birthday Present Have You?"
thirty-three || "Please, No Sentiments."
Thirty-four || "Fine, We'll Wait Until Graduation."
thirty-five || "Just For A Moment"
Afterwordsβ™‘
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter || The Wedding β™‘

twenty-three || "Forever?"

5K 204 27
By erensgf0712

Summer's POV

Mr. White had me attend a number of board meetings regarding the design of Media First's new tablet. I was constantly surrounded by businessmen and women with serious faces and coffee-stained teeth. "Brilliant work Summer, this meeting is adjourned." Mr. White's voice rang out with confidence as everyone in the room scattered, talking amongst themselves.

"You're a natural." Tyler boasted. I had to dedicate a large portion of my confidence to him. He had guided me through meeting etiquette and prepped me so I wouldn't have moments of silence during my speaking.

"You should be heading home, I'll walk you out." Tyler checked his watch before leading me out the door. "You'll only have to be present for a few more meetings before you're free, of course, you'd have to attend the launch party once the tablet is released though." We walked to my desk where Caleb is stood waiting for me.

"Launch party? Sounds intimidating."

He laughed quietly and cleaned his glasses on his tie.

"You're welcome to bring a date if that would put you at ease."

"Really? Thanks."

Caleb walked over to us and Tyler takes that as his cue to leave. "Have a good night Mr. White," Caleb called out. Tyler turned around and smiled stiffly at him. "You as well Caleb, keep up the good work and that position is yours." Caleb beamed from the news and nodded his head in acknowledgment.

"I can't thank you enough for letting go of that PA position for me." Caleb continued to thank me even though I told him it wasn't necessary.

"I told you don't worry about it! You deserve it."

The elevator door opened and we complete our weekly routine of small talk in his car on the way to the train station.

"See you tomorrow morning, I'll bring bagels."

"See you tomorrow! And I'll text you my order."

Caleb waved before pulling off and I ran to the platform finding a seat to rest my feet before the train comes.

Devon's POV

For the entirety of my shift my mind was heavily focused on the events of this morning. I was satisfied by my father's revelations but I needed to hear Rachel's side to dead this once and for all. So, I decided I would stop by Rachel's house once I got off to talk to everyone and get the answers I needed.

I stopped home first to shower and change my clothes. Spending your days at the beach was nice but the sticky skin and the sand in every crevice wasn't something I cherished. The house was empty when I got home, I figured my mom and sister had went out so I brushed it off and ran upstairs to shower quickly.

When I pulled up to the White's house Tyler and his family were on their way in and I was relieved I came at the right time.

"Devon, what a pleasant surprise."

Tyler invited me in, seeming more cheerful than usual.

"Judging by that smile on your face I'd assume you heard the news?"

He cleared his throat, regaining his composure.

"I have, he sat us all down this morning. I have to say I didn't think he had it in him." He sat down on a nearby couch and invited me to join him.

"How are you handling it?" His question seemed genuine.

"I'm still a bit in shock. I was used to his behavior, I got used to his behavior while he drank. I guess this is just something else I have to get used to." I wanted to say more but I didn't want to bombard him with questions too soon.

Tyler bobbed his head in acknowledgment, his eyes squinted.

"I know what's on your mind so I'm just going to save you the trouble of asking." He looked over his shoulder, alerting my attention to his sister who has now joined us.

"I think I should be the one to explain Tyler."

She rested her hand on his shoulder, sitting down beside him.

"I met your father at a bar. It seemed like we were both having a rough night so I sat and chatted with him for a while. After about an hour of small talk and a few too many drinks, I went to a hotel with him. A seemingly one time thing for the both of us. After that we went our separate ways, I wasn't planning on seeing him again. He's not someone I would usually go for."

She looked down at her hands, playing with her fingers.

"And then I found out I was pregnant and I didn't know what to do. I found out about you and the rest of Tony's family and I felt sick to my stomach for what I had done, for what he had done. I thought my parents would want me to keep face. Image is very important when your family owns a multi-millionaire dollar company, and even though the general public doesn't know the face of Media First, I felt like I was bringing down my family's reputation. The oldest daughter expecting her first child by a married man with two kids! They would have been a laughing stock! So I told him it was best if he stayed with me."

She kept her gaze on her hands, tears hitting them every few seconds.

"I'm sorry. I know you probably think less of me now. But I figured the damage had already been done to his relationship, I thought this arrangement would benefit both of us. But I realize now it only broke him further, it's my fault he started drinking."

She was now full-on sobbing, her head hung in shame.

"You can't blame yourself for that Rachel, and I don't blame you for that either."

Tyler's meddling began to make more and more sense as Rachel continued, "I told my parents everything after the dinner and I was embarrassed that I created that whole plot when they supported me without him from the beginning." Her voice was now strained as she tried to control her tears.

"Tyler did you know it was all to save face?" I imagined if he did he'd just come out and say it, save everyone some time and heartache.

"I had no fucking clue. I was under the impression she actually liked that asshole, no offense."

He always had a way with words.

"I apologize for the way things went down, but I do feel that dinner needed to happen. For our family and yours."

That was one thing I could agree with him on.

"You're right, the dinner needed to happen. So I guess in a strange way I have to thank you for being a prick, no offense."

He laughed, relaxing in his chair.

"None taken."

Satisfied that I was finally able to put this situation to rest I stood up from my seat preparing to take my leave. "Devon?" Rachel composed herself long enough to continue speaking. "I do want you to still come around. I guess we're kind of family in a weird way? My parents adore you and Summer, and my dad meant every word regarding you and football. Tony is going to miss a lot, so I want our kid to know all of his or her family." I looked between the two siblings, both sporting two completely different emotional states. Rachel was a mess, attempting to hold back tears while Tyler was smiling, seemingly having the time of his life. They were an interesting pair and I found myself entertained every time I was around them.

"I'd actually really like that Rachel."

...

Summer's POV

"I'm happy everything worked out for everyone. Seriously I was expecting a bigger blowout." I popped some ginger in my mouth before eating another Salmon roll. "Yeah, I wasn't sure with Tyler but things ended pretty well considering the circumstances. I'm just glad this whole mess is over with." Devon took a swig of his soda laughing into his cup.

"So when does camp start?"

I had been preparing myself to see less and less of Devon as he began training for the upcoming football season.

"Next week, and I'm kind of nervous. I have a lot riding on my performance this season. Especially with James and his football buddies coming to see me play." He toyed with the food in front of him, falling back in his seat.

"Everything is going to be fine. What do you always tell me? Don't overthink it. You're being your own worst enemy."

He laughed and returned his gaze to me.

"And what happens if I make it big huh? You promise to be my biggest fan?"

"I already am."

He smiled at me but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Summer can I ask you a serious question?" My stomach dropped as I tightened my grip on my chopsticks. "Sure, what's on your mind?" He searched my face for a few seconds before he continued, "could you see us together? Long term I mean?" His jaw tightened as his tongue poked the inside of his cheek.

"What do you mean like two years from now?"

He chuckled lightly.

"I meant forever."

Forever?

"I obviously don't know what the future holds for us, but I would be more than happy with waking up to your face for the rest of my life."

"Don't say things you don't mean."

"Why wouldn't I mean it?"

It was naive for him to think that far ahead. It was nice to imagine, but I had to be realistic.

"No one ever ends up with the first person they ever dated." I felt stupid, what was I trying to push him away?! "Let me ask you this Summer. Would you want that with me?" He was expressionless waiting for my answer.

"Devon it's not real--"

"I don't care how realistic you think it is. Is it something you would want?"

Of course it's something I would want.

"Yes."

My face burned as the word escaped my lips before I gave it proper thought. "Then why deny it? I don't care about the other girls you think I'm missing out on. I wanted you Summer, and I'm happy with you. We'll be graduating school soon, thrown into adulthood and new beginnings. I want all of that with you."

As nice as that sounded, I couldn't help but think of the worst.

"What if our jobs take us to different states? What if you make the league and have to travel all around for football? Are you prepared to make sacrifices for us?"

"I think if anyone could make it work we could. I'm not denying the fact that it would be hard, but I wouldn't give up before we tried. I love you Summer, I couldn't imagine getting everything I've ever wanted without you by my side. And if I have to make sacrifices to ensure you are, then that's what I'll do. You mean more to me than any of that."

And that's what I feared. I worried he'd put me above his own wants and needs. I couldn't be responsible for stopping him from being successful in football. So was I willing to sacrifice my dreams for his? Or could they find a way to coexist? Would he grow to hate me if they didn't? Would I grow to hate him? Could I stomach the loses, the injuries, the absence?

"What's on your mind beautiful?"

He broke me from my thought as his warm fingers stroked the back of my hand.

"I'm scared. I want nothing more for you than to get everything you've ever dreamed. But what would it do to us?" I hated myself for how incredibly selfish I sounded, but I've heard the stories. Being a football wife was a job in itself.

"Your concerns are valid and I understand. But we'd cross that bridge when we get to it. I didn't mean to make you worry but this has been on my mind for a few weeks now and I just wanted to know where your head was at."

I didn't blame him for thinking about the future. Summer was ending swiftly as July was just around the corner. This would be our last year in school before we had to start making real decisions about what we wanted to do with our lives and whether we would do them together. The possibility of him getting drafted just accelerated that timeline and it was something I wasn't prepared for.

"I love you Devon and although the future terrifies me, I would want you to be apart of mine."

He smiled brightly, his chest relaxing letting me know he had been holding his breath.

The worry was still there. Everything had been so easy for us so far, our relationship would be put to the test sooner or later and I didn't know how we'd handle it.

If we'd be able to handle it.

"Let's get out of here, I'm exhausted." He yawned before calling the waiter over to bring the check.

My heart ached as I watched him smiling and laughing with the waiter, charming everyone he met as usual. I hoped our foundation was strong enough to withstand anything life threw at us.

Hope.

It was usually disappointing, but for our sake?

I hoped we'd be different.

➳♥

END

⛈⛈⛈⛈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 964 25
All through high school, Reagan Bell and Alec Mason, inseparable childhood friends and neighbors, had wanted to go to the same college. Had planned t...
125K 3.3K 41
APRIL There's one thing I know for sure: I hate Noah Coin. I hate him. He's the guy who broke my heart years ago. The guy I'd rather never have to se...
326 14 36
"I'm sending you to Summer Camp." Sometimes, there are two words that you don't want to hear. Mine is Summer Camp. At Point Lookout Summer Camp every...
371K 8.6K 41
What do you do when your boyfriend of two years cheats on you and gets caught at junior prom, in front of the whole school? You grieve, you suffer, a...