Shoto Todoroki Oneshots

By Wishful_author_xoxo

(ON HIATUS) Enjoy xx (for some reason some of the chapters are separated or in the wrong order, I've tried to... More

Hidden Truths
The Best Present Pt.1
The Best Present Pt.2
Who Hurt You? Pt.1
Who Hurt You? Pt.2
Who Hurt You? Pt.3
Cute / Sleepy Shoto
Almost...
Truth or Dare
A Close Call
Fairytale Stranger
Your Perfect Disappointment
My Little Plaything
Shaking
Long Lost Brother
Attack On UA Pt.1
Attack On UA Pt.2
Boyfriend Benefits
Flirt
Spilling Lies
Fun At The Funeral
First Time Cooking
The Sound of Your Voice
Frozen to Death
Villain?!
Teach Me
Pocky
Always His Favourite
Shoto On Ice
Madhouse Pt.1
Madhouse Pt.2
Madhouse Pt.3
Girls
And I Loved And I Lost You
Gone Boy Pt.1
Gone Boy Pt.2
Gone Boy Pt.3
Singing
Beauty Kings
Runaway Baby
Class 1A Playlist
Part-time Ambitions Pt.1
Part-time Ambitions Pt.2
Part-time Ambitions Pt.3
You Can't Leave Me... Us Pt.1
You Can't Leave Me... Us Pt.2
Fairytale Soulmate
La La La
Shoto's Playlist
Instagram
Joyride With Me
My Idol Pt.1
My Idol Pt.2
You Poor Child Pt.1
You Poor Child Pt.2
Submersion
Todoroki is a Girl?!
Depressive Episodes
Class Pets
The King's Secret Pt.1
The King's Secret Pt.2
The King's Secret Pt.3
Sibling Bonding Time
King of Hearts Pt.2
Personal Heater
Alexithymia
Come Home to Me
Descendants Pt.2
Descendants Pt.3
Descendants Pt.4
Zoo Trip
Little Acts of Kindness Pt.1
Little Acts of Kindness Pt.2
A Pirate's Life for Me
Time With You Pt.1
Time With You Pt.2
Chaos Pt.1
The Lost Prince Pt.1
The Lost Prince Pt.2
The Lost Prince Pt.3
The Lost Prince Pt.4
The Lost Prince Pt.5
The Lost Prince Pt.6
The Lost Prince - Epilogue
You Killed Her!
Our Lasts
Falling For You... Literally
No.1 Admirer
Fairytale Ending
Filthy Pirates!!
"May the odds be ever in your favour!"
Record of my Youth
Chaos Pt.2
Shoto Is A Cat?!
Dark Humour
And They Were Roommates?
Descendants Pt.1
King of Hearts Pt.1

The Best Present Pt.3

909 32 12
By Wishful_author_xoxo

"Happy birthday Todoroki!"

Denki took away his hands to reveal the whole class looking at him with wide smiles, presents and balloons. A strawberry cream cake with too many candles sat on the table in front of him with 'Happy Birthday!' iced on it.

"Do you like it?" Deku asked eagerly.

Todoroki was quiet for a moment as he digested the surprise. At least he now knew why everyone was giving him random food throughout the day. He saw that they had all put effort into this and so let a small smile appear on his face.

"I do, thankyou."

Everyone cheered and watched with excited eyes as they watched Shoto think of something to wish for before blowing out the candles. When he did they cheered again before bombarding him with their gifts. He was a little overwhelmed and honestly really wanted to eat; luckily someone noticed.

"Oi, put his things in the living room you idiots! Let him eat." Bakugou yelled.

Hurriedly putting their presents in the living room, the students all gathered around the table and dug in with Todoroki. Everyone complimented Bakugou on the food and he shouted at them to shut up and just eat, although there was no hiding the smug look on his face.

Todoroki was listening to Deku release all his pent up anticipation and learnt how they had all been thinking of things they could do for his birthday. Deku asked him if he was mad, but Shoto assured him he wasn't and that it was nice they put in so much effort.

"I just wanted to make your birthday amazing because you deserve it Todoroki! I hope after today you really like your birthday!"

"Thankyou Midoriya. I'm touched by your effort."

"Really?!" Izuku exclaimed with sparkling eyes.

"Yes, now hurry up and eat before I do."

"Sure thing Todoroki."

The food truly was delicious and Shoto ate so much he had to stop so he could eat some cake later. Bakugou was sat across from him and was very proud at how much the male was eating. So he really wasn't lying when he said he had a fast metabolism: he must've had about four plates of food before he stopped.

"Time for presents!"

"Oh you didn't need to-"

"Well we did so let's go~!" Kirishima shouted as he dragged Shoto into the living room.

He sat down on the sofa and everyone crowded around him, each grabbing the present they brought for him. As much as Shoto insisted he didn't need anything they still gave him their gifts and watched with excitement as he opened them.

Deku got him a new hoodie that was split half-white and half-red.

"What is with the colours today?" he said to himself but Deku heard and started laughing.

The Bakusquad and Dekusquad all teamed together to buy him a Nintendo Switch and watched with grins as Shoto looked at the device without having any clue what it was.

"I'd say thankyou but I don't know what it is. But thankyou anyways."

Everyone else got him an assortment of sweets and chocolates he had never tried before because of his father, and other things like hoodies or school stuff. It was nice to receive things yet Todoroki didn't know what to do with it all. He hadn't exactly earned it and never really received presents before: his father banned them.

"How are you enjoying your birthday so far Todobro?" Kirishima asked as he slouched down onto the sofa next to Shoto.

"I can't make a comparison, but it seems like a good birthday right?"

"Heck yeah!"

"Kiribro turn the lights off!" Denki shouted from the kitchen.

"Ok bro!"

The room was plunged into darkness as the flat screen TV turned on, everyone settling down with slices of cake and popcorn to watch Frozen. Deku discovered that Todoroki had never seen a Disney film so immediately grabbed Frozen, hoping his close friend would enjoy it. Shoto immensely enjoyed it and was astounded by the quality of the songs and animation.

When the film was nearing its end he gasped softly at the plot twist and Kirishima grinned and chuckled quietly. Midoriya on the other hand just gave Shoto some more popcorn whilst keeping his eyes glued to the screen. When it ended he said he would definitely watch it again.

"But I'm surprised Hans didn't have fire powers."

"Huh?" Deku asked.

"Well he has brown hair and is from the south. He is the opposite of Elsa and wears gloves which is suspicious. So I think it would've been cool if he had fire powers." explained Shoto.

Everyone was stunned for a moment at this revelation. They had watched that film so many times and never though about that! Damn boi!

"You amaze me Todoroki." Deku complimented before he went to put on Frozen 2.

"Is that a good thing?"

"Yes! Absolutely!"

"Okay."

This time they were halfway through the film when everyone began to share looks again. They turned to make sure Todoroki was distracted by the film- and he was, with his legs tucked to his chest and head resting on his knees- before Bakugou slid silently out of the room and Momo put the lights back on.

"Hey Todoroki~," began Uraraka, "I know you think we've spoiled you too much. But... we have one more present."

Shoto looked at everyone's excited faces before he was once more blinded. He heard some shuffling before someone knelt down in front of him. Then, ever so gently, something incredibly soft and small was placed into his lap. He heard everyone's bated breaths before the hands were removed and he looked down at his lap. Then he let out the most softest:

"Oh."

Everyone watched the look of surprise but also adoration on Todoroki's face as he began to pet the cat on his lap. It looked up at him to reveal dichromatic eyes of blue and yellow, contrasting brightly against the smooth grey and white shorthair fur. His eyes widened with awe.

"Hello." he greeted softly and the cat let out a small meow before nuzzling it's head into his hand; it was his fire side so it must love the warmth. "He or she?" he asked, not taking his eyes off the tiny animal.

"She. And she sorta looks like you. You know, the eyes." Bakugou explained before huffing and looking away from where he was kneeling in front of the male, not failing to catch the short warm glance Shoto sent his way.

"She's beautiful. Does she have a name yet?"

"Nope. We brought her home this morning and she was chilling in my room all day." Deku answered as he beamed at the content in Todoroki's eyes. "We thought you should name her."

"Okay. Hm..."

Shoto was quiet for a while as he continued to stroke the feline whilst thinking of names. The cat was thoroughly enjoying herself and curled up in Shoto's arms, purring with joy. A minute later he had come up with a name and smiled:

"How about Pepper? Short for Peppermint."

At this name everyone laughed and cheered, saying it was the perfect name. At everyone's happy expressions, Peppermint looked up and around at the teens with curious eyes before turning and hiding her face in Shoto's arms to bask in the warmth. Shoto re-arranged his arms so they were both more comfortable and everyone took their turns saying hello to Pepper.

The rest of Shoto's birthday continued in this manner as they finished watching the movie and let Peppermint get used to her new surroundings. Yet she never strayed far and always returned to Shoto with a meow and a nuzzle. Shoto seemed to be having a great time bonding with Peppermint: they both seemed like very calm personalities so they mostly just lay down and played a little. Shoto was in the middle of rubbing under Pepper's neck when he paused and looked up to everyone cleaning up.

"Is this allowed? Does Mr Aizawa know?"

"He's fine with it!" Iida assured. "Even though it goes against health and safety and having a pet is a heavy burden-"

"He says it's fine!" Bakugou interrupted, harshly throwing a dishcloth at Iida to start drying the dishes.

"Okay, I should thank him."

"He actually suggested it." added Uraraka, and Shoto was pleasantly surprised. "It's supposed to help with wellbeing and things. It will be good for you, and the rest of us too."

"I think so-whoa!"

Peppermint jumped up and onto Shoto's chest sending him lying on his back on the floor. She immediately began padding his chest whilst licking all over his face, making the boy let out quiet laughs.

"H-hi there. That t-tickles you know." he stammered out inbetween laughs.

"Okay but why is that just the cutest thing ever?" Mina asked as everyone looked at the scene with fond eyes. "Shoto is like so adorable."

Once everything was cleaned up they began to head to bed one by one, taking turns to wish Shoto a happy birthday and to give him either hugs, shoulder pats or occasionally kisses on the head. All the displays of affection made him quiet emotional, so when he thought he was by himself he went out onto the balcony with Pepper and sat against the wall, looking through the railings and out to the big city.

The door sliding open interrupted the calm ambiance and heterochromatic eyes looked over to see a blond male sitting down next to him with two steaming mugs. He silently held one out to Todoroki who took it with a grateful expression.

"Thankyou Katsuki." he said softly.

"It's fine."

"No. I mean, not just for the tea."

"Why are you thanking me then?" Bakugou asked with a raised brow.

"Thankyou for today. The food, the lunch- yes I realised it wasn't leftovers- the presents, and for Peppermint. I also want to thank everyone but I think they will tell me to stop thanking them and to enjoy myself. And I have, today has been the best birthday for a long time. Being happy with everyone was the best present I could ask for."

After finishing his little soliloquy, Shoto took a long sip of the hot tea before placing it down next to him and lightly stroking Pepper's back who was asleep in his arms. Katsuki gazed upon the gentleness in the boy's actions and felt into the peaceful atmosphere too.

"If it means so much then you're welcome Icyhot. That food took hours to make." he complained, but there was no malice in his voice.

"I hope by that doing so, I can trust that you don't hate me?"

"Hate you!?" Bakugou whisper-yelled. "I don't hate you."

"You don't?"

"No!"

"That's good then. Now I can rest easy knowing I have the friendship of someone I like."

Bakugou's eyes widened as he heard Shoto's words. Did Icyhot mean that in a platonic way or the other way? He didn't want to rush ahead into his own unspoken feelings and assume the latter.

"Yeah yeah, just drink your tea and pet your cat. Do you know how loud that thing was on the way here? A nightmare."

"Do you like the name?" Shoto asked after quietly laughing.

"Sure. It's cute or whatever."

"I think so too."

Silence once more resumed between them, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Instead it was comforting and amicable, the ambience added to by the distant sounds of the city. It was incredibly late- especially to Bakugou- yet Shoto seemed to be doing okay. Bakugou could see the stars reflected in his eyes, making one look like the ocean and the other a dazzling moonstone.

At 12:45AM, Bakugou stood up with a big yawn and took their empty mugs into the kitchen; announcing that he was going to sleep, and that Icyhot should do the same. He even held out a hand to help the male up, but when Shoto looked down at the cat then up at him with an amused look, he pulled it away and sighed.

Then, before Shoto could even get himself up, he was being lifted up into a pair of muscular arms and carried inside.

"Bakugou what are you doing?"

"Taking you to bed night owl, otherwise I know you'll be up too late to train properly tomorrow."

Too content to argue, Shoto let his head drop onto Katsuki's shoulder and occupied himself with petting Pepper as they headed up in the elevator to their floor. On their floor Bakugou walked at a slow and gentle pace until they reached Shoto's door. Pushing it open he headed over to Icyhot's bed and carefully lay him down on the covers.

"There. Now sleep!"

Bakugou was expecting to hear some sort of teasing reply, yet when he looked down he found Shoto was already asleep with Peppermint curled up next to him and purring softly with happiness. He felt his small gremlin heart melt a little and he crouched down at the side of the bed to brush away the bicoloured hair from Shoto's face.

"Goodnight Sho. Happy birthday."

"G'night 'Tsuki..." mumbled Shoto before he fell into a deep sleep, a small smile gracing his lips.

With one last look at the two sleeping cats, Bakugou headed out the room and softly shut the door behind him. He strutted back to his room with a grin on his face. He couldn't wait for next year: he would definitely outdo himself. Just you wait Shoto.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 347 16
Shoto gets kicked out of home and he doesn't know where to go. He soon finds Bakugou entering his house and decides to ask if he can crash the night...
826 7 35
Two fifteen.. wait.. are they fifteen? Are they sixteen now? Umm.. aNyWaY- Two TEENS.. now that's just weird- uHhhh- There are plenTEE(n) teens in th...
43.1K 1K 47
Tododeku Bakudeku and Kiribaku fluff one shots/shorts. I might add more ships as I go further into the deep recesses of the bnha fandom. but right no...
556 2 7
Hi everyone so I've been burnt out lately but I've also had many ideas that I'm not sure I want to make a whole separate book for since in the past I...