金継ぎ | KIN-TSUGI [ A Fruits Ba...

By inupibaldspot

Once upon a time... There was god. He lived on the top of a mountain so high up, people would not approach it... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
Final Words

3

2K 91 3
By inupibaldspot

"Oh..." Kureno said. "So you're continuing college."

Kureno had actually come on Akito's words to visit the estate but when he got there Tsubaki had informed that Akito was taking a nap at the moment. So right now he was spending his time with Tsubaki as he waited.

Tsubaki nodded as she fiddled with her fingers. "Akito said she'll complete her high-school and after that she'll stay as the family head so in the mean time I thought I'll get a college degree."

"Does it mean you'll go away?"

Tsubaki turned and laughed at the boy who had a worried look on his face. She then placed a hand on Kureno's head and said. "I applied to the closest college to the estate and opted to stay home rather than have a dorm."

Kureno sighed in relief. "I'm glad. I thought Tsubaki-nee might go far away and I won't be able to meet you as much."

Tsubaki smiled. "I won't leave Akito or any of guy and go far away... Our bond will always tie us together."

Tsubaki then looked at Kureno and hummed. "But to think our Kureno has grown so much. You'll be entering high school next spring right?"

Kureno nodded. "I'll be going to the same high school at Shigure-nii."

Tsubaki hummed as her face soured at Shigure's name. Then she put her hands together and exclaimed. "By the way, Ayame will be the next student council president there. I'm sure it would be fun!"

Kureno laughed nervous. "Yes, I'm sure it would be fun..." all he could imagine was chaos happening."But it's kind of sad that we can't go to the same school."

Tsubaki sighed. "It's risky to be around the opposite gender for you guys. I always remember Hatori's grandfather having a headache whenever he heard one of you guys had transformed."

"But Tsubaki-nee goes to a normal school right?" Kureno asked and he frowned lightly when Tsubaki nodded.

"I'm envious-"

Before he could say another word, Kureno heard a snap within himself making him immediately stand up in shock. As he looked around he felt as if he saw multiple feathers falling all around him.

The once small world when he was with Akito and the zodiacs, opened up. It was as if his whole field of vision had widened.

Tsubaki's eyes had widened as well as her whole body felt cold. Suddenly she felt as if she did not know Kureno. He felt so unfamiliar. "Kureno..."

"Ahhhhhh!"

Both Kureno and Tsubaki turned towards the scream to find Akito clutching her head making both of them rush to her side.

"Akito! Calm down." Kureno said held onto the girl.

"Akito-san!" The head maid who heard the scream rushed in worry. "Is something the matter-".

Akito who heard a new voice started to panic as she pushed Kureno behind her and glared at the head maid. Akito also noticed Tsubaki who had a bewildered face, no doubt Tsubaki also knows.

"Stay away!" Akito shouted as she pulled along with her and entered her room. "No body come near until I say so! I'll kill you if any one does." With that she slammed the door shut behind her.

The head maid turned towards Tsubaki for an explanation. "What happened, Tsubaki -san." She asked. "Why was Akito...Tsubaki-san?"

The head maid felt more confused as she saw Tsubaki. The girl was simply staring at the closed door in tears, with a dazed expression.

"Why..." Tsubaki whispered to herself. "Why did he leave us?"

"Is he going to abandon us? Is he abandoning this bond?..."

.....

"Tsubaki..." A voice was heard as she was walking along the hall way. Turning to look she found her mother who was smiling at her.

"Mother...." Tsubaki's eyes widened. Her mother's residence was quite far from where she was mainly to prevent Akito and Ren from meeting therefore making it strange to see her here.

Hurriedly Tsubaki rushed over. "You're not supposed to be here. Akito will be displeased."

Ren continued to smile as she cupped Tsubaki's face with one of her hand. "You've grown so much, Tsubaki. I wanted to meet you so bad, you don't visit as often."

Tsubaki leaned into her mother's comfort. "I'm sorry mother. There has been a lot going on so I needed time to straighten things out."

After Kureno's curse broke, Akito started to separate the boy from the other zodiacs. Tsubaki was no exception.

When his curse broke, Tsubaki felt a pang in her heart where she was surrounded by uncertainty. She wondered if the pain Akito felt was much worse.

Tsubaki couldn't even share her problem with others however Hatori seemed to have noticed something happened to her so he would visit quite often. An act Akito did not like.

"Ah... Tsubaki." Her mother said. "You're exactly like Akira."

Taking one more step towards her,she wrapped her arms around her. "If only you cut your hair, you would be almost identical."

Tsuabki kept quiet. This was a normal occurrence after all. Her mother always seeked comfort from her due to the fact that she resembled her late father.

She felt her mother's finger caressing her hair.

"Can I cut it?"

Tsubaki let out a questioning sound.

"I think short hair will suit you well, Tsubaki.."

"But...." Tsubaki tried to object her as she clenched her hands into a fist. Mother, I love my hair... ever since I was a child I loved to keep my hair long because it was the only time you would come to me so that you can brush my hair as I prepared for school. It became the only reason for you to spend time with me...

"Why won't you listen to me?!" Ren shouted all of the sudden. "IS IT BECAUSE YOU DONT LOVE ME?"

The older woman sobbed it was only then Tsubaki noticed a pair of scissor in her mother hand. "Firstly Akira leaves me for that stupid girl now even my dear Tsubaki...."

Tsubaki bit her lips and she then leaned towards her mother. It's dangerous for her to hold this in her current state of mind.

"I'm sorry, mother..." Tsubaki apologize as she then put a smile on her face. "Since I want to look pretty for my mother, I guess I'll cut my hair."

In an instant Ren smiled and then reached put towards Tsubaki.

*Snip.*

Tsubaki looked at her silver hair on the ground. As long as mother is happy, this is fine...

"What are you doing here?"

All of a sudden Ren was pushed away from her as a new presence was introduced. Akito stood in front of Tsubaki with her arms stretched out.

"Don't come near Tsubaki, you witch!" Akito shouted at Ren who seemed to be as bewildered. Tsubaki never once thought Akito would be protective over her.

Ren quickly composed her self before laughing. "I though you had an unbreakable bond which will never separate you guys." Ren smirked. "I wonder why are you so insecure,Akito-san."

Ren continued to smile wider as Akito seemed get more angry. "Maybe you did realize what you guys have is simply nonsense. Something which can easily break."

Tsubaki's eyes widened. The topic of bond breaking was incredibly sensitive for Akito right now especially since recently it did happen to Kureno.

"Mother, I suggest you leave." Tsubaki quickly interrupted.

"Fine..." Ren gave in as she then turned around and left. "I hope you visit me more from now on, Tsubaki...."

Tsubaki quickly went towards Akito side who was now on her knees, crying. "Akito...."

"Tsubaki..." Her god turned to look at her as she wrapped her arms around her older sister. "Why is she always here to bother me when I am weak? Why is she so evil to me?"

Tsubaki did not reply. She did not know how to reply. She simply held Akito back as she stroked her head in comfort. Despite who she acted, Akito was still young after all.

"Will you leave me one day too?" Akito asked.

Tsubaki held her sister's face making Akito look at her and said in the gentlest voice. "I will never leave you Akito. I am born to love you more than anyone else. It doesn't matter what you do to me, in the end I will still be behind you for you are the reason for my existence..."

.....

Tsubaki pulled the last string of her kōtō, a Japanese board zither, as the performance by Ayame had ended. Right now it was the new years meaning it was time for the annual zodiac meetings.

During the period a zodiac member, preferably the one who the year belongs to would do a performance and the tune played would be by the servant.

Tsubaki then stood up and reached out for the sake bottle which was held by the head maid. She would then approached Akito and pour the sake, which was incredibly diluted due to the zodiacs young age, and pour her a drink first and then to the rest of the five zodiacs which were born.

After the other maids then entered the room and placed the food infrong of them. The zodiacs would form circles whereas Tsubaki would stay behind Akito to have her food. This was all part of their long standing tradition.

After they had completed their food, the atmosphere would finally relax.

"Is it just me or." Shigure started, as he looked at the corner of his eyes. He was looking at Akito who was only talking to Kureno, she had also told the rest of them to not talk to Kureno. "Has Akito only been with Kureno these days?"

Ayame nodded firmly. "Indeed! Maybe I should go and talk to her sometimes."

"If you do that, then we would be the ones facing Akito's temper." Hatori objected. Akito was never fond of Ayame and every time these two interacted Akito would always be in a sour mood.

Tsubaki returned to the group after she had escorted Ritsu back home, but then she did hear their conversation. "Well, Akito can have her favorites you know..."

"Ahh..." She smiled at Shigure. "Are you complaining because Akito no longer favors you?"

Shigure dramatically catches his chest as if in pain. "Ah~ You sure know how to wound me, Tsubaki-chan."

"Don't worry,Gure-san." Ayame followed suit. "As long as you are in my arms you shall no longer be in any pain."

Hatori sighed as he looked towards Tsubaki who was giving a look of disgust at the two boys. "You cut your hair..."

"Oh yeah." Tsubaki said as she forced a smile. "It was getting rather uncomfortable since it was getting abit too long."

Shigure hummed as rather creepy smile appears on his face. "It suits you well. You give more of an Onee-san vibes now." He smiled as he shot out a thumbs up in her direction. "It's my type!"

Ayame on the other hand placed a hand on his cheeks with his head tilted. "We used to look similar since both of us have long silver hair." The snake said. "So it is quite unfortunate that we can no longer be twinning!"

Tsubaki laughed as she then put on a bashful face. "I hope it doesn't look to weird since I always had long hair."

Hatori smiled as he then leaned forward as he held strands of her

hair. Tsubaki immediately whipped her head towards him, her eyes wide and face flushed.

Both of their faces were extremely close and surprisingly Tsubaki did not pull away. Hatori looking at her hair with strands still in his hands said. "No, you look beautiful."

Shigure and Ayame at the back both pulled out a score board which that the number 10 written on it.

Ah... With just a few words him, all of Tsubaki's insecurities and distress flew away as warmth filled her entire being.

"Tsubaki!" Akito's words intruded the warm atmosphere. "I want to you to leave since I want to speak to the zodiacs privately."

Shigure hummed in amusement as he watch Tsubaki without a voice of objection leave and then saw the look of disappointment Kureno had on his face when he saw her leaving. How interesting..."

......

Kureno..." Akito started as she stared at the sky. "How is your new high school?"

Tsubaki quietly poured the both of them a drink. Another spring had entered their life.

Akito swung her legs in excitement, a cute action she seemed to do when she let all her guard down. Of course Tsubaki would never point that out. "Is it fun? Exciting?" She asked again.

Kureno did not join Ayame, Hatori and Shigure's school as initially planned. Upon his curse breaking Akito demanded he enter another school so that he did not have any interaction with the other zodiacs.

"I'll take my leave then." Akito did not like other people's presence when she was with the zodiacs so Tsubaki, who was here to deliver snacks and tea, left.

"Yeah..." Kureno said. "I like it..."

Noticing Kureno's distant tone, Akito turned towards him noticing how Kureno wasn't really paying much attention to her at all. Rather Kureno was staring at the retreating figure of her sister.

A flare of emotion rushed within her before Akito simply snapped. "Huh? What are you looking at?"

Noticing Akito's angered tone,Kureno snapped back into reality. "I'm sorry,Akito..."

Standing up,Akito cupped Kureno's face. "Don't tell me you like her? You like Tsubaki?"

Kureno kept quiet, angering Akito further more. Picking up the drink which was poured beside her,she emptied it by throwing it at Kureno's face.

"Ahhh! My mood has soured." Akito shouted as she then stomped away.

Kureno sighed as he then stood up and walked towards the main door way. No doubt if he went to talk with Akito right now her mood will worsen.

The head maid who saw him along the way greeted him as he approached the doorway. "Are you leaving, Kureno-san?"

"Yeah..." Kureno bend down to put on his shoes. I want to see her...

Ever since Akito had become possessive of him,he was not able to be with Tsubaki just some greetings along the way.

He missed the way she would greet him with a smile...He missed her asking how he was...He missed her helping him with his schoolwork...He missed her presence. He longed for her.

"I think I forgot something so I'll head back in." Kureno said as he quickly ran back into he house. Something inside of him told him to go meet Tsubaki.

Upon reaching his destination, he stopped, catching his breath and said. "Tsubaki-nee...I'll be entering."

When he did enter, he noticed the girl was on her study table. The open window from the room let in a gentle wind making Tsubaki's hair sway slightly and the sunlight behind her made her seem so angelic.

Tsubaki let go of her pen she was holding with her mouth open and eyes wide. "Why are you all wet, Kureno? Did you fall into the kitchen pond like you always did when you were younger?"

Immediately standing on her feet she quickly rushed into her closet and took out her towel. Pulling Kureno by his wrist her dragged him in her room before she started to dry him using the towel.

"Ah...." Tsubaki sighed. "I left you two alone for a short moment and then this happens..." Tsubaki said as she dried his hair.

Kureno simply stayed quiet as he cherished this moment with her. Surely after what happened it was unlikely that Akito would want Tsubaki anywhere near him.

The way she was scolding him slightly as she gently rubbed his hair made him feel so much at ease. Kureno used to see Tsubaki as an admirable person who always took care of him ever since he was young and before he knew it this admiration soon turned into love.

However he never did anything to further progress. The reason was simple. Firstly, Akito would never allow it. Second, Tsubaki had someone else she liked.

Insecurities brewed within him. He thought Tsubaki would no long care or even look at him after his curse was broken, but the girl proved him wrong.

Sure the time they spend together was less but that due to Akito not wanting him to interact with anyone. But at time when Akito was not aware Tsubaki would still approach him and talk to him...smiled at him as if nothing had ever happened. And this brought Kureno great comfort.

"What even happened when I was gone?" Tsubaki said looking at Kureno. He had his head bowed down with the towel cover some parts of his face.

Kureno then leaned forward closing the distance between the two, his face so close to hers. His face softened as Tsubaki looked at him in confusion. "I like you... Tsubaki." He did not call her Tsubaki-nee like he always did.

"Huh?" The girl let out a confused sound.

Leaning his forehead on hers, he closed his eyes before repeating himself. "For the longest time, I've always loved you Tsubaki...."

"I-I mean How?! Why?!" Tsubaki with her face flushed questioned.

"You don't have to give me an answer since I never expected one in return. Ever since we were children I've always loved you." The way it was right now, he was sure he'll be rejected. Kureno simply leaned away and then walked towards the door. Before he exited the room he turned to look at her one more time before he smiled.

"I don't have a reason. I simply love you and your entire being"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 114 12
A girl who was left behind only to be taken in by Kyoko only to be left again. Abandonment wasn't something new for the girl but it was something she...
12.5K 598 17
"Even when the world doesn't need us, we live for the people who do" "So do you need me?" "Of course I do." A warm smiled graced her features as sh...
76.8K 2.1K 35
One night, you decided that you wanted to run away. You snuck into the kitchen and stuffed a banana, some bread, and a few apples into your backpack...
144K 3.8K 30
Akari Sohma is the younger fraternal twin sister of the current Head of the Sohma family and the God of the zodiac spirits, Akito Sohma. Unlike her t...