𝑱𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝑭𝑢𝑹 𝑨 𝑴𝑢𝑴𝑬𝑡...

By erensgf0712

"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’š π’…π’†π’π’š π’Šπ’•? 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’” π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’... More

Author's Note β™‘
one || Be My Valentine..?
two || "Is He Your Boyfriend Or Something..?"
three || "Please Don't Stop.."
four || "You Can't Be Serious!?"
five || "You're really going out with him?"
six || "Have You Been Drinking?"
seven || "And Who Can Do It Better Than Me?"
eight || "Cheers To The Beautiful Family."
nine || "Take It...It's Yours"
ten || "Yes, Girlfriend."
eleven || "Who Did This To You?"
twelve || "Just Let Me Explain.."
thirteen || "You Never Gave Me An Answer Summer."
fourteen || "I'm A Gentleman Summer."
Fifteen || "F*ck Junior Year!"
sixteen || "Your Friends, Media First"
seventeen || "Front Or Back?"
eighteen || "Welcome, Miss Nolan"
nineteen || "This Dinner Is Going To Be A Shit Show Isn't It?"
Twenty || "I'm Sorry."
twenty-one || "I Guess We Better Make It Memorable Then."
twenty-three || "Forever?"
twenty-four || "Who Am I To Keep You Waiting?"
twenty-five || "Did You Miss Me?"
twenty-six || "You Can't Ignore Me."
twenty-seven || "Is This Some Kind Of Sick Joke?"
twenty-eight || "Happy Birthday Summer."
twenty-nine || "You're In For A Long Night Kid."
thirty || "Do You Trust Devon?"
thirty-one || "His Name Is Christopher Johnson."
thirty-two || "Don't Tell Me...You Haven't Opened My Birthday Present Have You?"
thirty-three || "Please, No Sentiments."
Thirty-four || "Fine, We'll Wait Until Graduation."
thirty-five || "Just For A Moment"
Afterwordsβ™‘
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter || The Wedding β™‘

twenty-two || "Andromeda."

5.3K 214 59
By erensgf0712

➳♥

Devon's POV

Play Stuck With You by Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber<3

"Just one more!" Olivia begged.

Her and Summer had dragged me on every ride possible and I didn't think I could stomach another one.

"Nah, I'm good. You and Summer can ride a few more, I'm gonna look around." I was dizzy just thinking about getting on another ride. "Are you sure? If you're ready to go we can leave, it is getting pretty dark." Summer checked the time on her phone, eyebrows raised not realizing how late it had actually gotten.

"No, it's fine. Just let me know when you're done."

She gave me a knowing smile and kissed me on the cheek before she and Liv ran into another line. I decided I'd spend some time in the arcade and play a few games, maybe I'd be lucky enough to win them both something.

...

"I knew you'd be in here." Summer strolled into the arcade, Olivia by her side.

"Done already?" I asked, "Liv was feeling sick so we decided to call it quits." She tilted her head, eyes locked on a giant bear next to me. "Who's the lucky girl?" She teased.

"This old thing?" I picked it up and held it in front of me. "It's for Liv." She smiled and nodded her head.

"Seriously!? Thanks Dev!" Olivia grabs the bear from me, pulling her phone out to take a picture.
"And this is for you." I reached beside me and picked up a canvas.

"I've always wanted one of these! How'd you get them to do it?" She grabbed the picture, giggling as she inspected it.

"He said he could use a picture as a reference. Do you like it?"

"I love it. It's very cute." She tilted her head and the picture to the side, "and kinda ugly."

"Are you guys ready to go? I'm tired." Olivia yawned, I stood up from my chair and took Summer's hand in mine.

"Yeah, let's head out."

Summer leaned on my arm as we walked to the parking lot, winching every few seconds.

"My feet are killing me."

She looked up at me, a grin spread across her face. I rolled my eyes and bent forward, knowing what she wanted. She wrapped her arms around my neck and hopped on my back, kissing the side of my neck.

"Thank you very much."

"You're lucky I love you."

"Aren't I?"

Olivia scoffed and looked at us while walking backwards. "I know I said I liked seeing you guys like this, but right now it's just making me queasy." She said, pretending she's about to throw up. "Well if you're gonna throw up do it now, I'd rather not have you mess up my backseat." She rolled her eyes and stopped in front of us.

"I'll race you to the car."

She was already in a stance to take off, all I had to do was say the word. "Aren't you feeling sick?" I really didn't want her to throw up in my car. "I'm not gonna throw up! Do you wanna race or not?"

I looked at Summer who was still on my back. "Yeah okay, but no cheating! Stand next to me." She mocked me as she leveled her feet next to mine.

"Hold on tight okay?" Summer tightened her grip around my neck as I rested my hands under her thighs.

"On my count."

Olivia leaned forward, getting ready to sprint.

"1.....2..........3"

We both took off for the car, weaving through the people that were in the parking lot. Summer was giggling in my ear, hugging my back as I ran as fast as I could.

"Easy."

I was out of breath and my legs were about to give out, but I still managed to win. "How!? I thought for sure you couldn't run with her on your back." Olivia screamed coming to a stop in front of the car.

"No offense Summer."

"None taken, I didn't think he could do it either."

She hopped off my back, pulling my keys out of my back pocket. "But that was very impressive." She kissed me before climbing into the car.

"The bear slowed me down." Olivia sat it in the seat next to her before sitting down herself.

"If that's what'll help you sleep better."

...

"Later Liv."

I unlocked the back door so she could get out. "Bye Dev, bye Summer. Thanks for spending the day with me." She grabs her bear, and opens the door. "Anytime Liv! I had a lot of fun today." I was happy Summer and Olivia had such a close bond. Olivia didn't have many friends at school so I knew how much her and Summer getting along meant to her.

She ran to the front door and I waited until it opened before pulling off.

"I'm beat." Summer yawned, resting her head on the window.

"Take a quick nap, we're not going home yet."

She mustered up enough energy to look at me. "Where are we going now?" I grabbed her hand, circling my thumb on its backside. "You'll see when we get there." She slumped back into her seat groaning. She wasn't a big fan of surprises but I hoped she'd might like this one.

Summer's POV

Besties play Mine by Bazzi for this scene <3

"A park?"

I tried my hardest not to sound unimpressed.

"Just get out" he sighs.

I jumped out of the car, making sure to huff on my way out. He popped his trunk, spreading out a blanket and some pillows.

"Are we star gazing?"

A smile had now crept its way onto my face. I loved watching the sky, and tonight was the perfect night for it considering they were all on display.

"Ahhh, now you're interested?" He sat in the trunk, patting on the empty space next to him. I joined him and rested my head on his shoulders. "The sky looks beautiful." I had always been intrigued by the stars and galaxies. The fact that space was so infinite and there was a world of the unknown up there just made it even more alluring.

"Andromeda."

"Huh?"

I glanced at Devon who was still looking up at the sky. "She was a princess in Greek mythology. Has her own constellation and everything." He pulled out a scroll from behind him handing it to me. "And now you're apart of her galaxy." I grabbed the scroll, trying to process what he was telling me.

"You didn't?"

"Open it."

I untied the red bow around the paper and unrolled it, reading its contents.

Summer,

I once told you that you were the light in all of my dark spaces. The sun you wear around your neck serves as a reminder of how my world brightens because you're in it. A few years ago you told me how much you loved the night sky. You once had me sit outside on your grass for hours trying to point out all of the stars. In Greek mythology Athena placed Andromeda in the sky to honor her after her death. She's years away from us, but somehow still visible to the naked eye. She was known to have acclaimed beauty when she was alive, and she maintains that in the sky being among the brightest in the galaxy. Every time you search the sky at night I want you to find Andromeda and know that you are now apart of that beauty. Because you Summer, are my Andromeda.

Tears welled in my eyes as I threw my arms around him in gratitude.

"Do you like it?"

I'd be crazy if I didn't.

"Are you kidding? This is the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me." He pressed a tender kiss on my lips before pointing to Andromeda. "There she is. Take these if you need to see better." He handed me a pair of binoculars and I trained them on the constellation.

"I don't know what to say, this is breathtaking." I cherished all of my moments with Devon, but this was one that could never be topped. "And one of these stars are named Summer?" He grabbed the binoculars from my hands, turning my attention to him.

"Yes beautiful."

"I'm beginning to question every gift I've ever gotten you for your birthday and Christmas." There was no way I could top his creativity. He kissed me, laughing into my lips. "Don't. I've loved everything you've ever gotten me." He was just buttering me up at this point.

"But this? This is--"

He kissed me harder, shutting me up in the process. "Don't think about it okay? Just enjoy it." He pulled me into him and I melted in his arms.

"When we started this I know you had no idea where it was going, I didn't either. I was scared that crossing that line was going to ruin our friendship, but I took a risk on us knowing we could be so much more. This is all new to me and yet it feels so natural with you. You mean everything to me Summer, thank you for showing me how reliable love could be."

His ability to remain composed during a situation like this amazed me. I was a sobbing mess as I let my head fall onto his chest, muffling my cries.

"I hope those are happy tears." He joked.

I nodded my head against his chest unable to get the words out.

"They're very happy tears."

...

Devon's POV

The weekend ended much too fast for my liking. Monday came around and I left Summer's house early in the morning so I'd have time to rest before I had to get ready for work.

I crashed on the couch as soon as I got home, not having the energy to make it to my bed. My eyes were closed for no more than twenty minutes when the doorbell rang. I ignored it at first, thinking it was just a delivery person dropping off a package until the person began knocking.

"What the fuck do you want." I groaned feeling annoyed I was being disturbed. I opened the door and felt compelled to slame it shut when I saw my father standing there.

"Come on man, it's too early for this shit." I was in no way in any state to deal with his mess this morning.

"I'm not drunk I swear. I just want to talk to you."

My mother soon joined me at the door asking me who it could be this early in the morning. "I actually want to talk to all of you, is Olivia awake?" His determination made me curious to know what he had to say.

"She's getting ready for soccer Tony, what do you want?"

"Fifteen minutes...please."

We all sat down in the living room waiting for him to speak.

"Sandra, I want to apologize to you. We were so young when we got together, you were my first everything. I loved you with everything I had, I still do."

"Tony.." My mother tried to interrupt.

"Just let me finish. I got comfortable and I began to wonder what else was out there not realizing I had everything I could have ever wanted right at home. I argued with you because I hated myself for thinking of other women. I thought if you hated me maybe it would make me feel better about what I was doing. But you stayed by my side and loved me regardless. This thing with Rachel..."

He paused trying to think of a way to continue.

"I never meant for it to happen. One night after we had gotten into another argument I went to a bar to cool off. She was there and offered to buy me a drink. One thing led to another and a month later she's calling me telling me she's pregnant and that I had to be with her or else her family would never accept the baby. If I could I would take it all back I swear it. If I could take back the way I treated you, the way I blamed you I would. I don't expect you to forgive me but I just want you to know I'm sorry for everything I did to you and everything I put you through. You deserved so much more than me."

My mother remained quiet as he finished his testimony.

"Devon. I don't even know where to begin. I was never a father to you and I could never apologize enough for that. I tried to control you, I didn't support you, and through all of that you turned out to be a better man than I could have ever hoped to be. I just want you to know son, I've always loved you. And I know I wasn't the best at showing it but I'm proud of you. With school, with football, everything you've accomplished. I was just so miserable and I hated myself so much I took it out on you and you didn't deserve that. Again I know saying sorry doesn't make up for the years of wrong I've done but I'd really like to change our relationship Devon, and I hope you may grow to feel the same way."

I nodded my head unsure of what to say.

"Olivia, my sweet girl. I'm sorry that I put you through all of this. Devon has been more of a father to you than I ever was, and I got lazy when it came to you and I hate myself for it. I was wrapped up in my own mess and you were put in the middle of it, something I never wanted for you. I know your mother and your brother tried their best to shield you from this and I wish that didn't even have to be a thought. I don't want you to grow up having to fear relationships from looking at me and your mom. I want you to live your life and know that you can have something beautiful, I mean just look at your brother and Summer!"

He took in a deep breath, tears streaming down his face.

"But Olivia most of all I want you to know I loved you, and I don't want you to feel torn between me or your mother okay? Don't ever feel like you have to choose."

Olivia began crying, letting out a breath of relief. She had been carrying that with her for a long time and I could see the weight lifting from her shoulders. There were times when we both felt like our dad was trying. Olivia had that more than me, so I knew she felt horrible trying to decide who she would stand by during all of this.

"This was all very touching, and I'm not trying to be an ass, I appreciate the apology to me and my kids but why are you saying all of this now?" My mother's voice trembled, trying to hold back the tears that so desperately wanted to fall.

"As you two have probably guessed, I am an alcoholic. Spending a few hours in jail made me realize I had to make some serious changes. I was drinking to run from the pain, the guilt of what I had done. But it didn't help, it only made it worse so I drank more and more. Devon it might be too late for us but it's not too late for Olivia and my baby. So to be a better father, a better man, I'm checking myself into a nine month program at a rehabilitation center."

"But Rachel, she's six months, you'll miss the birth." I understood why he had to do it, but it didn't feel real.

"That's a punishment I have to accept." He turned to my mother sighing loudly.

"Sandra, I won't give you a hard time over the divorce anymore. Olivia is yours, I let the courts know I was unfit."

Between sniffled my mother finds it in herself to thank him.

"Olivia, how bout I take you out for some ice cream when I get back huh?" She ran up to him throwing her arms around him sobbing.

"It's okay sweetheart." He cried, trying to soothe her.

I was trying to sort through the information I had just received. I had spent years hating the man I was supposed to love unconditionally. Or maybe it was that I didn't hate him at all that struck me. If I didn't have that anger, I would be left with a sadness that was too strong to bare. So I held onto that anger deciding it was better than the alternative.

I stood up from the couch, tears finally stinging my eyes. He walked over to me, encasing me in a hug. I began to cry for the first time in a long time. I had probably only hugged my father twice in my life and the feeling of it overwhelmed me completely.

He had bullshitted me my entire life. Gave me lazy excuses, and harsh criticisms. I shouldn't be so quick to believe that he'd change.

Foolishly I did.

Because for the first time?

It actually felt genuine.

➳♥

END

Guyss I had to do some research for this chapter LMAOOOO.

Tony has been one of my favorite tortured characters to write and I am saddened to see him go🥺

But clap it up for him taking big steps to better himself 🥳🥳

See you in the next one besties and wish Tony good luck with his sobriety <33

Also, here is a high-resolution picture of the Andromeda constellation/galaxy shot by Tengyart on Unsplash!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 22 14
"Do you understand that I'm just like you, Mina?" I envy those who are loved. And Dae has it all, the love, the support, everything... There are no...
283K 9.1K 43
Summer is left distraught when one of her loves cheats on her with her worst enemy, and she finds out her other boyfriends covered for him. When they...
4K 149 35
Nicole and Ariya have been best friends since 3rd grade. When they start college together, Nicole thinks that it's the start to the best years of he...
9.1K 86 47
To my astonishment, I saw Reece situated between my legs, his actions mirroring those of someone savouring their favorite treat. The shock and ecstas...