I Do(n't) Care (BoyxBoy)

By FrozenEscence

Finding your mate is one thing, actually getting them to like you is harder for some than it is for others. P... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six

Chapter Forty-Five

1.1K 49 2
By FrozenEscence

-Damon's POV-

It is officially Friday; the day of the full moon, and here I am lying on my bed at the pack house, staring at the ceiling at half past four in the morning.

My eyes are burning but no amount of pain could force my body to sleep right now, and the pain only seemed to keep growing, I need my mate. I knew it was a bad idea to leave him last night, but I didn't trust myself not to mark him.

I didn't know how my wolf would react once the day came, but now I'm not so sure if this is better or worse, it definitely feels worse.

My wolf was practically pacing, or at least it felt like it, he was biting his tongue so hard he hadn't spoke to me at all, it felt like he was giving me the silent treatment, but I completely understood, it was taking everything he had right now not to lose it.

Not that I would let him take control so easily, but he knew I was weakened because of it, and it would cost a lot of strength and energy to hold him back.

But there was one thing we could agree on right now, and that was that we both wanted to see Laken.

I let my mind wander as I lay in bed for just a bit longer, knowing it was way too early to be doing anything, it's still dark outside, even if the sun will be rising soon.

Yet with every second that passed, I couldn't stop thinking about Laken, I could see him perfectly in my mind, down to the very last feature, but the more I thought about him, the more restless I became.

I need to shower, I thought, running a hand through my hair, ignoring how my breathing had picked up slightly, I just need to distract myself.

The pack house was quiet because of how early it was, most people still asleep in their beds, unaware of their restless Alpha pacing the halls.

Nate didn't come home last night either, and there was only one other place he could be, and if he is there, it means Kaygen is with him.

That would only ever lead to one thing with how bad Nate was struggling, with Kaygen right by his side, leaving his scent all over his room and bed sheets, no wolf would ever be able to resist so close to the full moon.

The thought bothered me, of course, I'm happy that Nate mated with Kaygen, but a part of me was jealous, even though I am more than willing to wait for Laken, there was that part of me that wished we could mate too.

Maybe that was the full moon talking, for now I'd be satisfied to just be near him. School is going to be a massive pain today; I already know it.

So, with a sigh I climbed into the shower, not caring to wait for the water to warm up as I pressed myself underneath the shower head and let the cold-water cascade down my body.

A hiss slipped passed my clenched teeth, but I forced myself to endure it, I have to hold my control in any way I can.

Even if Laken says he doesn't mind if I mark him, I don't think he'd appreciate it very much if it happened at school.

Of course, I know my wolf and I have a strong understanding of each other, which means we are fighting together but after seeing how much effect the full moon was having on Nate, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous.

I could feel the pain already, from being away from my mate, the craving had me feeling agonizingly numb, it was a hard one to explain and was anything but pleasurable.

We need to see our mate and soon, but I could feel the pull of the moon, the power surging through my wolf, would he be able to hold back? And more importantly will I be able to stop him if he can't?

That was all I could think about as my body slowly turned ice cold from the water, until eventually I deemed myself as good as I was gonna get and quickly dried off and got dressed.

The pack house was still pretty quiet, and I still had a good couple of hours until school started so I settled on stepping into the woods.

I figured if I let my wolf out for a bit, it may help calm him just enough to not lose all control as soon as our eyes lock onto Laken.

Well, that's the plan anyway.

I quickly shifted into my wolf form, vaguely aware of the sound of my bones shifting as it happened, but I'd gotten so used to it that it didn't bother me anymore, when I first started shifting it would make me cringe every time.

It was never as painful as I expected it to be though, sure, it was uncomfortable but that was to be expected.

Now, it was as easy as walking or talking, it is a part of who we are after all.

I tried to clear my mind as my wolf took control, guiding us through the woods and as soon as I felt the wind caress my fur, I instantly felt better.

The morning was crisp, spots of water dripped slowly to the floor, as they slipped from the leaves above me, the only remnants of last night's downpour.

The sun was rising, leaving its glow of oranges and yellows to cascade over the lands, slowly reviewing its light upon the forest, it was beautiful and relaxing, and I felt myself being able to breathe again.

Pain still stabbed away at my heart, but I didn't feel so suffocated in my own skin, I tried to push away the anticipation of the day ahead of me, and instead focused on relaxing, letting my wolf take control in guiding us through the woods that we knew all too well.

I don't know how long had passed before we were slumping beside the same lake that I had brought Laken too.

It looked stunning under the morning sun as it reflected off the water, almost blinding to look at, the plants and flowers shrouded in light to create vibrant colours that instantly brightened my mood, and suddenly I wanted to be back here with Laken.

To rest under the blazing sun, letting the hours pass by, with no worries of what is and what is to come.

Splash around in the clear blue water, surrounded by a bounty of summer roses and lilies that created their own pleasant aroma.

But the longer I lay there, the higher the sun got, and eventually I knew I had to leave, my mate was waiting for me after all.

I quickly sprinted back to the pack house, shifting back into human form once the door was in sight, I have to change, in the rush to run off some restlessness I forgot to actually take my clothes off before shifting, so those clothes are fucked now.

The pack house was full of life suddenly, with pack members rushing around the house and going about their daily routine.

I greeted a few pack members but tried to keep the conversation minimal as I returned to my room and once again got dressed, making sure I looked presentable for my mate as I ran my fingers through my hair one more time.

With a glance at the clock, I was back out the house and climbing into my car, playing the music slightly louder than usual.

I have five minutes to get to school and I live ten minutes away, there is no way I am making it to school on time without breaking multiple speeding limits.

I sighed out in frustration before pressing down on the gas a little harder, I tried to stick to the back roads to avoid getting caught, slowing down slightly once I was in an area that I knew a hidden speed camera was lurking.

And after what felt like a lifetime, I made it to school two minutes late, not bad if I do say so myself.

I just hope Laken isn't in class already, if I have to wait to see him, I might actually go insane. I can already smell him from the carpark, his intoxicating scent pulling me in, luring me closer to him.

However, it was too far away for my liking, and to my disappointment Laken wasn't waiting in the parking lot, nor was he near the lockers.

With a sigh, I pulled out my phone, there was not a single part of me that wanted to go to class right now, and I'm already late anyway so I may as well take my time.

5 new messages

Nate: Sorry man, but I just had the best night of my life and I'm not about to let school ruin that.

Nate: Good luck with the full moon though, I have full faith that you will jump Laken before the day if over.

Nate: *Won't oops

Nate: Anyway, you know where to find me if you need anything!

Idiot. I rolled my eyes skimming through his messages but didn't bother replying, he was probably too busy with Kaygen anyway, I'm surprised he's even awake if he's not coming to school, but then again, he's probably...never mind.

Laken: Are you okay? I didn't see you before class, I was gonna wait in the parking lot, but Ash dragged my ass to class :(

I smiled at Laken's message, quickly hitting the reply button, even if he probably wouldn't see it until after class had finished.

To Laken: Sorry baby, was feeling a bit restless this morning so went for a run, lost track of time near the lake, really want to take you back there.

I hit send and started a slow walk down the hallway, taking as much time to get to class as I possibly could, but I didn't even take a few steps before my phone was vibrating, dammit Nate, aren't you spending time with your boyfriend?

Laken: Me too baby, we should go there later, how's the moon treating ya?

I smiled, shaking my head as I leant back against the wall and typed away on the phone.

To Laken: Aren't you in class? But definitely! I'll even treat you to dinner ;) It's not too bad, just really want to see you.

Laken: Yeah and? It's just history, so old boring crap.

Laken: Ooo a man after my own heart, I've been craving ribs, so we should also get them at some point. Aww, I really want to see you too, but I don't think that's the moon.

To Laken: Don't get caught ;) I think I can easily get you some ribs my love, they do sound good actually, and I may have skipped breakfast this morning. You're cute baby, I'm really starting to wish I weren't late.

Laken: Don't worry, I'm a master.

Laken: You should eat, we should eat, let's go eat, like right now.

Laken: I'm freaking adorable, I wish Ash would just let me be late.

Laken: Where's Kaygen anyway? He ditching with Nate again?

To Laken: I'm literally stood in hallway B right now, with absolutely no intensions of going to class. You're right, you are freaking adorable. Yeah, they're ditching again, heard they had quite the interesting night.

Laken: Wait, you're ditching without me?

Laken: I'm on my way.

Wait, what? He isn't serious, is he? I thought about what I could say back to that, other than are you serious? But it didn't take me long to find out as I saw Laken sauntering around the corner.

I wanted to say I was surprised but I honestly wasn't, and right now, I'm simply happy to see him, I met him halfway, not stopping until my lips were pressed firmly against his.

"Good morning baby," I smirked once our lips separated.

"Good morning to you too," he grinned, taking my hand in his and leading me towards the entrance of the school.

"Are we really doing this?" I asked, amused.

"Not scared are you, Alpha?" He teased and I had to hold back a growl at the name, my wolf heard that one, and I could feel him practically clawing to remain in control.

"How can I be scared when I have you here to protect me?"

Laken laughed, sending delightfully shivers down my spine.

"Exactly!"

*

Sorry, it's really short and probably not the best chapter but I wanted to upload something so I hope this will suffice, my mental health has not been the best lately so I'm slowly working on getting help and at the same time I'm working on the next chapter.

Thank you for being patient, I really didn't expect any of this to happen but I'm trying to push forward, and I know if I work more on my writing, it will help in many ways so just hoping I can get back into it.

And of course, we will delve in further with Damon and Laken in the next few chapters and then back to Kaygen to see how he's holding up with the mark.

I also want to say thank you to my new followers and the people that always support my stories, you are very much appreciated, and I love every single one of you <3

Leave a like for love and light!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 125K 32
{Completed} Every year the future Alpha's get together in cities all over the world. This isn't a party, this is training. For five weeks the future...
170K 6.8K 40
Armani is an 18 year old senior in high school, he hasn't found his mate, which if he wants to be Future Alpha of the Luna Pack, he must find him. Sa...
5.3K 309 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...
1M 38.5K 51
Hands, touch. That's all I felt. Everywhere. A burning sensation was all I could focus on, it was overwhelming. But I didn't want it to stop. I don'...