ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴅᴇᴀʀᴇꜱᴛ ᴍɪꜱꜱ ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ...

By shazzarra

[Itachi X Reader] Grim reapers and humans don't mix - literally. They're like oil and water , and an entire... More

01 | the heart of a mortal
02 | ignorance
03 | scarlet
04 | repertoire
05 | inhumane
06 | him
07 | devilishly
08 | sins
09 | ancient
10 | hopeful
11 | irreversible mistake
12 | bleeding red
13 | something forgotten
14 | it was fated
15 | warmth
16 | rewind
17 | daybreak
18 | burn
19 | the owl
author's note

00 | prologue

2.2K 60 6
By shazzarra

   " Miss Park , this is your order of matcha milk tea ."

The (h/c) haired woman walked towards the counter , her loose black scarf swaying with every step she took. 
     " Ah , thank you ," she said with a sweet smile , quickly taking the cold beverage , careful not to make any eye or skin contact.
The bartender stared at her oddly , with distaste visible in her mortal eyes. She glanced down at a note in her hand , and at a newly prepared beverage.

    " Mr. Park , this is your order of iced black tea," she called out , and a man dressed in black went to the counter to fetch his drink.

   'Miss Park' glanced at her fellow colleagues , who were standing outside the store , each sipping a beverage of choice.

    " Is everyone here ?" she voiced out.

     " Yes , Chief ! " they all said in unison . They swiftly slipped on the black hats that they had been carrying , and the moment the hat touched their hair , each and every one of them became invisible.
     " We will receive the name cards shortly. And just a little reminder , it'll be a long night ," 'Miss Park' smirked.

Itachi stared at Konoha's nightscape , a light breeze flowing through his hair through the open window. 
He had just closed a deal with the Terumi Corps , a famed shipping company hailing from Kirigakure. He had a bright future awaiting him - an intelligent mind , a kind soul , an influential background and mouthwatering good looks.

He was that perfect.

It was arguably impossible to find a flaw on Uchiha Itachi , the man desired by the whole female population in the Five Great Countries. 
The red light flashed to green , and Itachi pressed the car pedal , ready to continue his journey.

He didn't notice the tanker , that was driving at a dangerously fast pace. In the opposite direction. 

" There are so many ! What kind of catastrophe can occur tonight ?" 

'Miss Park' glanced at the coworkers grimly , holding a bundle of name cards in her own hands.

    " The location is the red light district . You all should go there now ," she said to them , who consisted mostly of new recruits and novices , but she trusted them to do the job alright.

    " What about you , Chief ? " a man with matching black attire like the rest of them , but had too bright red hair asked.

      " I'm assigned to somewhere else. I trust all of you to do well though. If any of you need help , you can find me at the east intersection ."

They all nodded , and teleported away to where they had been assigned to.

'Miss Park' analyzed the name cards , a bitter feeling welling up in the pits of her being. 

     ' A mass car crash , it seems.'

She buttoned up her black blazer , and fixed her black tie. She made sure that her shoes were clean and shining , and that the black hat on her head was placed in the correct , most attractive angle.

    Once all that was done , she teleported.

When she arrived , the asphalt road in front of her was littered with remnants of cars , broken glass , and dead bodies.

She swallowed , hard, while approaching the first soul she laid her eye on.

    " Yuki Fujibayashi , aged 24. Born on 19 August 1993 , died on 12:01 am , 10 September 2017. Cause of death is severe internal bleeding. Is that you ?" 

The woman turned around , a silvery glow surrounding her being.
     " Yes.."

'Miss Park' pursed her lips as she held her hand out , and exuded a dark and mysterious , yet not evil aura . It slowly crawled onto the soul , and seconds later , the soul was gone.

   " One down.  More to go."

There were quite a lot that perished that night , no matter what age and status. She reached the final name card , and she took the card out of its black envelope. 

Uchiha Itachi
Aged 23
Born on 9 June 1994
Died on 10 September 2017 at 12:10 am
Cause of death is fatal blood loss.

She felt extremely queasy after reading the card , and was on the verge of hyperventilation. She had no idea who Itachi was , but the thought of him dead was intensely depressing to her.

'Miss Park' glanced around , searching for the final soul. She couldn't find him. That was when she heard a loud , sudden breathing coming from the car behind her.

And right there, she saw him .

Blood was streaming down his face , and his mouth was dribbling with the same substance. 

She felt her cold heart beginning to beat , so intensely . She quickly held a hand over her chest , her face scrunching up from the sudden sensation. 

    ' I feel so alive ..'

However, seeing him like that hurt her. Out of all people , she shouldn't be the one to meddle in mortal lives. But she wanted to. She needed to.

Rip !

The name card lay down at the bottom of her feet , now in shreds. She tore off the car's door , and dragged the man out , trying not to whimper from seeing the amount of blood that was flowing from his body.

She laid Itachi down on the ground , and summoned her otherworldly power , unheard even within her social circle.

     " Shh.. You'll be alright ," she soothed when Itachi let out a fit of coughs , and his breathing grew even weaker.
A blinding white light coated the both of her hands , and she pressed it down on Itachi's chest .

His body began to glow , and the cuts on his body rapidly healed. His skin that had been terrifyingly pale earlier was back to normal , even with a healthy pinkish glow to accompany it.

His breathing grew steady as his fingers began to twitch , along with his facial features. 'Miss Park' started to stand up , but then she felt a hand grasping her covered arm.

    " Who are you ?"he rasped . Her eyes widened , shocked at his ability to see her. 

That was when she saw her black hat , flown away by the wind , several metres away from her.

    " Uh.. No one ! Just go back to sleep dearie !" she replied , rather desperately , for she wanted to leave immediately.

     " Are you an angel ?" Itachi chuckled softly. This made a small smile twinge on her lips.

      " That's.. The most cliched thing I ever heard . I'm not an angel ,though . I'm a grim reaper."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.6K 30
Sequel to Forbidden (ItaSaku) - Book 1 Her heart was wrecked and her world was crushed by the only man that she ever truly loved. She remained an emp...
175K 5.1K 32
After her mother died, her father became an alcoholic who spent all the money on drinks. She was abused and beaten by him. When she turned 18, her fa...
5.2K 183 7
When a mother dies the only thing she expects is to see the pearly gates of heaven, but what she didn't expect is being reborn into a TV show she lov...
120K 5.9K 40
Iris was happy. She had a lot of friends, a happy family. Everything a 12-year old girl would want. Her favorite hobbies included swimming. But sadly...