CASTAWAY ⚓ R.C, J.M

By imaginesinwonderland

OBX {based off the tv series Outer Banks~ season 1. This story does begin before the events of the first sea... More

Cast + Synopsis
~ Banners ~
⚓ P A R T O N E ⚓
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
🌊P A R T T W O🌊
THE PRELUDE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
S E V E N
E I G H T
NINE
T E N
E L E V E N🩸
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
S1 F I N A L E
P A R T T H R E E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E

T W E N T Y

1.4K 39 11
By imaginesinwonderland

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

D I N N E R   &   D I A T R I B E S

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Harley sat with a small smile lingering on her face. She sat beside John B, her head on his shoulder, and they were talking and laughing at the nonsensical cartoon on the TV. She was dressed up in a short, pink, flowy dress bought by Rafe for a dinner his family were having. Ward had suggested her and Topper be present and he was a hard man to decline.

Harley and John B operated like siblings now. They teased each other joked around and squabbled like family. In an attempt to spend more time in the water and below the waves to see fragments of images, Harley had even gotten John B to teach her how to surf. She wasn't any good, but John B always made it a point to let her know she'll get better.

"What's up people!" JJ came bouncing through the front door. "Mister Routledge, it's always great to see you. John B my man... Eight Bait."

The blonde dropped down on the empty sofa giving Harley hostile eyes as usual.

"Arsonist."

"I'm not an arsonist."

"And I'm not a Kook."

"Could have fooled me since you're fuc..."

"JJ! Do not finish that sentence." Big John pointed a silencing finger in the boy's direction. "This is Harley's home, so you don't get to come in here and be nice to John B and be horrible to her."

"But..."

"Do I make myself clear?"

JJ huffed in annoyance pulling his hat over his face. "Yes sir."

"Good." Big John picked up his keys from the counter and rounded the kitchen table to the door. "You ready to go, Harls?"

"Yeah." Harley hopped up from her seat and grabbed her bag and phone.

"John B, come say goodbye." The older man waved his son over after opening the door for Harley. She stepped through gratefully and waited for JB to follow them out and down the steps of the château.

Harley laughed glancing between the two who stood opposite. "We could have said bye inside. Unless you're shipping me off somewhere and this is a proper goodbye." Harley was joking but she couldn't help the underlying nerves. Occasionally, she was reminded that her life here wasn't permanent. 

"It's not that at all, Kiddo." Big John reassured Harley immediately.

"Good, because there was something I wanted to say to the both of you..." Harley looked around taking in their suspicious stares. "I wanted to say yes I want to officially be a Routledge. I want to take up your offer of adoption, if you'll still have me."

John didn't even have to think about it, nor did John B.

"Yes! Of course we do," John B cheered animatedly.

"Even if you had said no, you'd still have been a Routledge to Bird and I."

Harley couldn't help the way her chest warmed up and the tears that filled her eyes. It was nice to know that a family wanted her. It was like a reassurance that she surely couldn't be the reason her old family weren't looking for her.

She smiled a watery smile and leapt into Big John's arms bringing John B with her. She hugged them tightly not wanting to let go anytime soon. In what was truly a short space of time in the grand scheme of things, Harley had come to love the Routledges and she adored living with them and how welcoming they had been. They were fun to be around and always added to her cheeriness. It was the kind of home anybody would wish to be a part of, so without anymore thought she pulled back and said,

"Now it's John squared plus Harley."

John pulled away to see Harley's expression. She was beaming from ear to ear and hanging on to John B with a mischievous look.

"And you're certain this is what you want?"

Harley nodded.

John didn't know what to say. He took off his glasses to rub at his prickling eyes and watched his two kids laugh.

"Dude, you're officially going to have a little sister now," Harley laughed to John B.

John B ruffled her hair a little with his own wide smile. "Guess that means I've got somebody to boss around now."

"I'm glad you're happy about this Harley. I'll get the process rolling as soon as."

"Thank you guys." Harley looked between the two. "For everything."

"No problem, Kiddo. How about I get you to your dinner now. I'm sure you don't want to be late."

Harley gave John B a final hug goodbye, then pulled his hat down over his face before skipping off with laughter. They all chuckled at her antics and went their separate ways.

John had offered to give Harley a ride to the Cameron estate to save Rafe driving back and forth and also because it was on his way to whatever work he planned today. Harley hadn't questioned him too much assuming he was going on another boat journey in his search for gold. He was very dedicated to his work and put so many hours into it.

"Right, here we are." John slowed the truck to a steady stop by the Manor.

"Thank you for the ride." Harley spotted Rafe on the steps up to his home. She had texted him a minute before that she was here. She smoothed her hair down and fiddled with her dress.

"Don't worry. You look perfect, Harls. Now go have fun and call me or Bird if you need anything, okay?"

Harley slipped out and waved John away. She bounded over to Rafe who welcomed her into his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck, standing on her tip toes, and holding him tightly. She breathed in content. Rafe smelt rich, scents of smoke and mint. Harley knew it as his favourite aftershave.

"Hey beautiful," Rafe mumbled into Harley's hair.

She drew back a little to gaze into Rafe's sea blue eyes. "Hi."  She leant forward and pressed her lips to Rafe's. One of his hands trailed to the back of her neck to deepen the kiss for a second longer. "Miss me?"

"A little... I've gotten used to you being with me."

Harley couldn't help the coy smile on her face. It was always nice to hear from the person you liked a lot that they missed you, especially when you're used to spending a lot of time together.

Sarah had said that it was disgusting seeing her brother so happy and mushy around a girl, considering how he usually is. That had made Harley laugh a little too much, but the giddiness she felt came along with having a boyfriend you truly adored. Sarah was happy for Harley though because after everything she deserved something to make her happy, even if it was Sarah's idiot brother.

"Yeah, I'm used to you following me around and wanting to be with me."

Harley was teasing. It was only maybe half true. To her surprise Rafe was a pretty affectionate person and did want to spend time with Harley. They both wanted to be around each other just as much as the other in her eyes.

"I don't know about that, babe. I think it's you that follows me around like a puppy. A really cute one."

Harley rolled her eyes, but let Rafe twirl her around and pull her into his side so that they could head inside.

"Is Topper here already?" Harley asked since he was the only other person attending that wasn't a Cameron.

"Yeah he is, but you're not late or anything." He gently squeezed Harley's waist. "You're fine."

Jinxed.

Rafe had jinxed the night. It had started so well, a cozy buzz in the air that formed an air of warmth that hugged everyone.

Ward had sat tall with a smile ear to ear at the head of the table. He had been asking all of the questions over the evening. Seeing what was new in his kids' lives, no doubt he was always busy so didn't always get to ask. Finding out how things were for Topper. Getting to know Harley better and quizzing her on how much she liked the Outerbanks.

Wheezie, who had made an extra effort to sit beside Sarah, thought Harley was some sort of enigma. She couldn't believe Harley couldn't remember her past life made more weird by the mention of her seizures.

Rose Cameron, Ward's newest wife, had gotten up at one point to fix something with the chef. The boys and Ward had switched the conversation to golf, hence Harley took the golden opportunity to use the bathroom. On her way back, she had passed Sarah who was headed to the toilet.

Not even five minutes had passed and Sarah had come marching back with a piercing gaze and pursed lips, spewing accusations in Harley's direction.

Everybody was taken aback by the sudden change in Sarah. Her and Harley were after all best friends.

"You stole my bracelet!" Sarah held up a pretty, dainty, gold charm bracelet. Harley had never seen it before.

"What?" The accusation made Harley's heart skip a best. Her skin began to burn with the anxiety that was leeching onto her insides.

"You stole my bracelet."

"No, I didn't." Harley had laughed nervously hoping it was some kind of bad joke, but the look on Sarah's face had said differently. "Why would I do that? And when would I have had time to do that?"

Harley peered around at the watching eyes of everybody else. She wondered if they believed her over their own family.

Rafe slipped his arm around Harley defensively. "Sarah, stop being stupid. I don't know what game you're playing, but stop."

"Your girlfriend is a thief. It was on my dresser before she went to use the bathroom and now it isn't."

"That doesn't mean I took it."

"Alright alright. Both of you ladies stop." Ward stood from his seat, his arms spread wide as if to put distance between Harley and Sarah.

Harley wanted to huff in frustration, because there was no way Ward would believe that his daughter was lying. The only person she could hope would be on her side was Rafe and even then the odds were definitely not in Harley's favour. 

"I need to know what's happened. One of you needs to explain, without the shouting and yelling. Sarah you go first, honey."

"I went to the bathroom after Harley and then went to my room. I was going to get a hair tie." Sarah waved the bracelet around. "I found it in your bag. I accidently knocked it over and my bracelet fell over."

This is where things had gone south. After a moment of squabbling. Harley trying to defend herself. Sarah spewing her lies. Rafe calling his sister names and telling her to shut up. Topper trying to diffuse the situation and Wheezie looking on entertained. Ward had suggested the night be cut short and that it would be best if Harley left. She wasn't happy about it and neither was Rafe.

Rather nicely Topper had opted to leave too since the night was over. He didn't feel right staying if Harley was basically being kicked out, even if his girlfriend had accused her of stealing. So, he left with a sympathetic but friendly smile to Harley which she cherished and returned.

"Rafe, I didn't steal that stupid bracelet. You believe me, right?" Harley's tone was pleading as they descended the front steps. Her glistening eyes were glued to his face, hoping to see a reassuring smile or even a nod so that her heart could quieten in her ears.

Instead he didn't say anything as he turned the corner to his car. Harley had to quicken her steps to keep up with him.

"Why would I take it? Sarah is supposed to be my best friend."

"Exactly!" Rafe exploded and spun on Harley so fast she almost lost her footing. "She's your best friend, and as much as she gets on my nerves, why would she lie?"

"So, you think I am? Why would I?"

Rafe's hands were flying all around the place, his thoughts clearly whizzing around him in circles as he rambled for Harley to shut up, but she wanted to defend herself. She wasn't a thief.

"I didn't do anything wrong Rafe! Sarah is lying!"

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" Rafe hit his head. Suddenly his hands shot out at Harley. One locked around her throat forcing her into the back of his car. The alarm blared as his other hand silenced her with a finger to her lips. The look in Rafe's eyes told Harley to not even breathe wrong or he'd choke her.

Panic alarmed in her ears through the sound of rushing blood, like she was drowning in seas of it. Fear wove itself into her heartbeat.

"Don't say another word," he breathed harshly into the side of her hair. "You're pissing me off. You're making me angry because you keep going on and on and on. Just like my fucking dad. Stop!"

He shook her by the neck. Harley swallowed a gasp and just nodded. He was hurting the side of her throat and she just wanted him off.

"Now. I'm going to drop you to your house. In silence, because now I have to try and show my dad that I didn't bring a low life thief into our home. And that's not what you are, but that's what it looks like. You live in the Cut and you're around those low lifes like JJ. I told you to stay away from them."

Something that would be difficult to do, as he said himself she lives on that side of the island. She lives with John and John B and she loves it there. 

Rafe let Harley go. "Get in the car."

She didn't move. She was stuck in place trying to comprehend why her boyfriend had his hands around her throat. No matter what her infantile mind thought, that behaviour wasn't normal.

"I said. Get in the car, babe!" He yelled.

Finally the alarm shut off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204 22 11
_________________________ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡... a harmless prank turned into unexpected feelings. _________________________ ©sylviescrown {cover by me}...
305 6 11
Season 2 of Outer Banks (I do not own OBX)
31.3K 620 33
ONLY SEASON 1 FOR NOW smithy is the 5th pogue with clumsy but funny personality. a personality jj is particularly fond of. I've left smithy with no...
12.6K 601 7
i was filled with poison but blessed with beauty and rage 𓍢ִ໋ outer banks 𓍢ִ໋ jj maybank x fem!oc 𓍢ִ໋ season one - tbd ...