Mythological Mayhem (Book Two...

Bởi CelestialShadowWolf

A guardian, known as a fragment of one's soul. They're spiritual beings only few have been able to manifest... Xem Thêm

• I •
• II •
• III •
• IV •
• V •
• VI •
• VII •
• VIII •
• IX •
• X •
• XII •
• XIII •
• XIV •
• XV •

• XI •

245 15 1
Bởi CelestialShadowWolf

The following morning, (Y/n) dressed herself in her attire. Because of her lack of clothes, she washed them in the shower last night to get rid of the dirt and grime before hanging them to dry. Luckily, the dress and tights were completely dry by the time she put them back on. Strapping her heels on, she left the Leville and headed to the outlook in search of Luca.

Although it was only eight in the morning, Lestallum was already bustling. She passed by many women dressed in jumpsuits heading towards the power plant to begin their workday. The men, who mostly worked the stalls around the city, were readying themselves for the busy day ahead.

Arriving at the outlook, she looked around for Luca. She found him standing beside a chubby man who was fanning himself with his hand. He too had a camera just like the guardian standing beside him and wore a Meteor Publishing t-shirt.

Inhaling deeply to calm her nerves, (Y/n) approached the two men. She swallowed hard before speaking up. "Good morning, Luca."

The silver-eyed man looked up with a smile. "(Y/n), good morning. I wasn't expecting to see you this early in the morning."

"I can be an early riser sometimes, and I wanted to take you up on your offer."

Luca looked toward the man next to him. "I'll be back soon, Vyv. Hopefully those photos I gave you were good enough."

"What're you talking about? They're amazing! You're one of my best photographers, Luca. Take all the time you need. Hopefully you'll show me the finishing product of your personal project," Vyv replied.

(Y/n) and Luca walk a little ways down the outlook. They sit down on a bench located on the overhang with the stationary binoculars. They gazed out towards the Disc of Cauthess for a few seconds before igniting a conversation. "I'm glad you decided to do this, (Y/n)," Luca said.

"I think what you're doing is admirable and if I can help, I want to," she replied.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to do a quick photo shoot with us as the subjects. Jasper will tag along to help because I wanna get a few shots of us together in our spiritual forms. We could do it today if you're free."

"Sure." She glanced down at the ground before looking towards her fellow spirit. "There is something I wanted to tell you. It's more of a warning than anything else."

"What is it?"

"The empire's hunting down our people and killing them. I want you and Jasper to be careful."

Luca gripped his camera tightly. "So it isn't just a rumor..." He stares into her sapphire eyes. "Thank you for telling me, (Y/n). Jasper and I were planning to head to Altissia soon for our pre-wedding trip, but we might wanna reschedule."

"That's also what I wanted to talk about. Your relationship with Jasper... Did you ever question it because of your status as guardian and master?"

The shaggy-haired man smiled. "You're in love with him, aren't you?"

She nodded with a faint blush. "Very much so, but I'm afraid."

Luca's smile fell. "What're you scared of?"

"Many things. Because of Ignis' position, I know I'll always come second. Another reason is because I'm his guardian and he's my master. Can a human and guardian truly love one another?"

"No one wants to come second in the heart of the person they love. I would talk to Ignis about it and express your feelings on the matter. And now for your question..." Luca placed his hands on her shoulders and shook her lightly. "Of course a human and guardian can be happy together! Jasper and I are the perfect example of a human/spirit relationship. We're on the road to our wedding and both of us are extremely happy with our decision to be with one another. We're happy to be spending the rest of our lives together. But the first step for you is to organize your feelings. Confess when you're ready. You don't have to rush into these things. Who knows? Maybe Ignis already has a game plan on how he plans to confess to you. Just keep holding your head high and don't worry about a thing. I believe things will work out for both of you."

(Y/n) latched on to Luca's words. They weighed heavily in her heart and mind and she felt the hope they brought. "I don't how to thank you, Luca."

"Seeing that gleam in your eyes is a reward in itself. Besides, you already promised to do a photo shoot with me." Luca stood up, dropping his hands from her shoulders. "Let's go find Jasper and take this photo shoot out of Lestallum. I could use a break from this hot town."

"I never really noticed how hot it was here," (Y/n) commented as she got to her feet.

"Really?" He reached out and touched her arm, feeling just how cold she was to the touch. "Oh, wow, your skin is freezing! I can't believe I didn't notice that before. Is your element ice?"

"That, and lightning."

He gasped in shock. "You wield two elements? Damn, I wish I would've learned a second element. I use lightning, too."

"What other element would you like to learn?" She inquired.

"Definitely fire."

"I wish I wielded fire instead of ice sometimes..."

"I think all guardians feel that way about their element from time to time. You wish you knew a completely different element, but in the end are happy with what you've already mastered."

She giggled. "I agree."

The guardians left the outlook and searched Lestallum for Jasper. To their surprise, they found him enjoying a cup of coffee with none other than Ignis. (Y/n) couldn't believe she was seeing the advisor meeting up with Luca's fiancé. The shaggy-haired man leaned over and whispered in her ear. "Talk about a major coincidence. Maybe they were talking about what you and I were."

The girl's mouth opened and closed as if she were a fish gasping. She quickly closed her mouth as they approached Jasper and Ignis. Luca threw an arm around his fiancé's neck and smirked. "Whatcha two gossiping about? Are there some dirty secrets you can't share with me and (Y/n)?"

"Well..." Jasper leant over and whispered something into Luca's ear. The photographer bit down on his knuckle with a smirk threatening to form on his face.

"Oooh, I see. My lips are sealed."

(Y/n) glances between the two. "Secrets, hmm?"

Luca grinned knowingly in her direction. "If I were to tell you, it'd ruin the surprise!"

She folded her arms across her chest. "Well, it is none of my business." Turning her attention to Ignis, she tilted her head. "I'm surprised to see you with Jasper."

"There were important matters I wished to discuss with him," Ignis replied.

"All right!" Jasper shouted, grabbing their attentions. "Let's get this photo shoot rolling. Are you gonna tag along, Ignis?"

"If you'll allow as much."

"There's no problem. It's the least we can do since we're borrowing your lady."

Ignis' stoic expression didn't falter. He kept his emotions in check like the professional he was. Although he had discussed the same with Jasper that (Y/n) did with Luca, neither one of them knew the truth. Only the loving couple they'd spoken to knew the secret of both their rendezvouses.

"All of us should be able to fit in my car," Luca said. "We'll take a short drive to kelbass grasslands and take a few pictures of (Y/n) and myself. It'll be a short trip, possibly between two to three hours."

"Should we tell Noct and the others?" The female guardian asked Ignis.

"A few hours of relax and reprieve will do them no harm. It will be my good deed for the day," he answered with a small hint of a smirk. "Noct may even still be fast asleep by the time we return."

"He does love his sleep."

Luca checked his camera and his pockets. "Good, I've got everything we need. Let's go."

The four headed to the parking lot and climbed into a blue and white truck. Ignis and (Y/n) sat in the backseat while Luca was behind the wheel with Jasper in the passengers seat. They departed from Lestallum and arrived in the kelbass grasslands a few minutes later. Luca pulled the truck over to the side of the road and they all exited the vehicle before making their way down a nearby concrete stairwell.

Entering a section of the grasslands where there were very few trees, Luca handed Jasper his camera. He then walked over to (Y/n), grabbed her hand, and escorted her a little ways away from Ignis and Jasper. Once he thought it was the perfect spot, he stopped and grabbed both of her hands. "You've no idea how excited I am to see your spiritual form."

She grimaced. "You might be disappointed..."

"Oh, there's no way I'll be disappointed! All guardians have unique spiritual forms. No two are alike! So please, don't be shy and show me."

Nodding, she took a couple steps back before transforming. Her small form sat on the ground, tail swishing back and forth. Luca gaped in shock as he kneeled down. "By the gods, you're adorable! I've heard guardians with smaller forms possess more powerful magic."

"Luca, sweetheart, are you going to transform anytime soon or continue to swoon over (Y/n)?" Jasper called out to his lover.

"Oh, damn, that's right," he laughed. "Forgot this was a photo shoot for a minute. Lemme just..." He backed away from the skvader, revealing his own spiritual form. As expected, he was larger than (Y/n) and resembled that of a deer. Long, curvy antlers adorned the top of his head. His fur was a combination of silver, blue, and yellow. Unlike normal deer, his tail was long and flowed gently. His hind legs were slightly thicker than his front ones and he had black hooves.

Luca released a gentle, high-pitch grunt. (Y/n) squeaked in response, spreading her wings as wide as they could go. The deer lowered his head and nuzzled his snout against the top of her head. She pushed herself onto her hind legs and placed her front paws on his snout. She gazed into his silver eyes, admiring how beautiful they glimmered in the sun. Luca also thought the same of her sapphire eyes.

Jasper was snapping away on the camera. His smile grew by the second as he watched the two guardians interact. He chuckled when (Y/n) climbed onto Luca and perched herself on one of his antlers. He listened to them exchange what almost sounded like a conversation with only grunts and squeaks.

Ignis was amazed at how they seem to easily communicate with each other. "Fascinating," he mumbled in awe.

"They truly are," Jasper said, continuing to take pictures. "Guardians are majestic, mythical beings. They deserve better treatment in this world. Now with the threat of the empire wiping them all out, it just got even tougher to be a spirit. I know you'll do everything in your power to protect (Y/n), but just remember there are two ways a guardian can be killed. If you're careless, it'll cost not only your life but hers. And knowing the guardian law, she'll do everything in her power to protect you. But even if that wasn't the law of her people, she would still take a bullet for you."

The royal advisor glanced at the older man. He was slightly taken aback at his words. How could he tell? "A simple observation, perhaps?"

He chuckled, lowering the camera slightly. "Anyone can tell how much you two care for each other just by looking at you both. You guys might try to hide it, but some emotions are harder to suppress than others."

The two look back towards their guardians just in time to witness them playfully chase one another. Luca ran after (Y/n) while she flew around. She eventually landed on his back and enjoyed the breeze as he ran between the trees. He then came to a stop and craned his head to look at her. With a grunt, he nuzzled his snout against hers. Her tail flicked back and forth as she squeaked happily in response.

Two hours passed before Jasper had enough photos of the guardians. Luca was the first to revert back to his human form and before (Y/n) could do the same, he scooped up her small form in his arms and held her close to his chest. "You are way too cute. I am so jealous! You can even fly!" He then held her out at eye level. "Y'know, having a large spiritual form has plenty of disadvantages. You shouldn't be ashamed of your small size, (Y/n). There are plenty of advantages to it."

Luca put the skvader down, allowing her to transform. She couldn't help but smile at him. "Thank you, Luca."

"Eh, don't worry about it. I just hope I've helped quell your doubts."

"You have. I feel much more confident."

He smiled widely, placing a hand on his hip. "That's what I like to hear!"

The guardians returned to their masters and peruse the pictures Jasper took. Satisfied with them, Luca pecked him on the cheek and announced their departure. They returned to Lestallum a few minutes after eleven. As they all stepped out of the truck, Luca thanked (Y/n). "Hey, thanks for doing this for me, (Y/n). It means a lot. If you ever need help with anything, don't hesitate to talk to me."

"Actually, there are a couple more things I wanted to ask you," she said. "I figured your job as a photographer has taken you to various parts of Lucis. Are you familiar with Costlemark?"

"Oh, definitely. I took a few pics of the place per requested by Vyv. Apparently, there's a rumor going around that daemons infest the place and now possess one of the royal arms. The hunters believe they ransacked one of the tombs and took the sword with them back to Costlemark Tower."

Ignis and (Y/n) both went wide-eyed. The girl's expression quickly reverted back to normal. "I didn't realize it was that dangerous."

"If you do plan on visiting, I do have to tell you the entrance only opens at night." Luca twirled his camera strap around his finger. "Can I be nosy and ask why you're so curious about that place?"

Jasper elbowed his fiancé. "Luca," he hissed.

"I know it's rude! Just really curious, is all. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I've a feeling it has to deal with Prince Noctis."

Ignis adjusted his glasses. "I wasn't aware you knew of Noct's identity."

"I've taken a few jobs that had me travel to Insomnia. But you don't have to worry. We're not gonna tell anybody. I really was only after (Y/n) yesterday," Luca said. "Anyway, we're getting off-topic. What else did you want to ask me, (Y/n)?"

"The conduit-have you heard of them?" She asked.

Luca's hand slipped from his camera. He freaked out slightly before remembering it was secured around his neck. "That's the spirit the empire's searching for. You're not familiar with the conduit?" She shook her head and he continued. "I'll tell you what I know. The conduit is a guardian chosen by Brahma himself to be his vessel."

"Brahma..." Ignis felt as if he heard the name from somewhere.

Jasper stepped in to clear up the confusion. "Brahma is the seventh Astral. He's no longer worshipped like the other six gods. Time eventually forgot about him and so did most of Eos. He's more commonly referred to by scholars as the forgotten Astral."

"Legends passed down by guardians say his consciousness lives in the Celestial Crescent and he can only take physical form once he's chosen his vessel," Luca said.

"How would a guardian know if they're the conduit?" (Y/n) inquired.

"That is something I'm afraid that I don't even know. Sorry, (Y/n)."

"Don't apologize. I'm grateful for you telling me all that you knew."

All of a sudden, the sound of someone's stomach grumbling caught their attention. All eyes fell on (Y/n), who was hugging her waist with a blush. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't realize how hungry I was until now."

Images of dinner last night flashed through Ignis' mind. He remembered she hadn't ate much and seeing as how early it was when they left, he figured she never ate breakfast and it was nearly lunchtime. "I believe a visit to Tostwell Grill is in order, if you wish."

"Oh, yeah! Benny's food is amazing!" Luca cheered.

Jasper grabbed him and pulled him back, whispering in his ear. "Let them have their fun, sweetheart. This'll give them some alone time."

The silver-eyed guardian nodded with a knowing expression. "Oh, good idea." Luca adjusted his camera strap as he glanced at Ignis and (Y/n). "You two go without us. There's a few things we have to do before we can grab a bite to eat. Hopefully we'll see you two again before we leave Lestallum."

"When're you leaving?" (Y/n) asked.

"Tomorrow. The empire's been snooping around recently and we're gonna lay low for a while. We've got a vacation home in the Duscae region. It should be a good place to hide until everything calms down," Jasper said. "If you ever need us, Ignis has my number."

"We appreciated your company and invaluable information," Ignis replied kindly.

Luca stepped forward and "accidentally" bumped into (Y/n), causing her to stumble into Ignis. The male spirit grinned at them. "You two have fun!" He then grabbed Jasper's hand and dragged him away.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

15.5K 524 35
A guardian, known as a fragment of one's soul. They're spiritual beings only few have been able to manifest. Bound for life, a guardian is sworn to p...
56.1K 1.5K 25
Noctis Lucis Caelum Fanfiction!! |English is not my first language, therefore I apologize in advance for spelling errors / grammar and any other mist...
64.4K 2.3K 191
(Book 1 & 2) Prince Noctis of Lucis was a lonely child when he returned from Tenebrae after his wounds had healed. That is until he was befriended b...
6K 185 43
(Book 3) Prince Noctis of Lucis had been the only person that Ignis Scientia had had to worry for most of his young life. That was until the Prince...