DaSilva's Sister (Morris Dela...

By 01_11_xx3

Y/N DaSilva experienced many changes all at once. These crazy events led her to her new life and finding love... More

Intro
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
1k๐Ÿคญ
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Some info ๐Ÿ˜—
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 8

623 15 3
By 01_11_xx3

4 June 1898

Y/N's POV

Today started pretty much the same as yesterday. I got barely any sleep, only this time I didn't have Jack to bring me back to reality so when it was time to get up, I was shaking and unable to think clearly.

I could barely even see where I was going, eventually bumping into someone who grabbed my shoulder to stop me from falling.

"Woah! You's okay?" My vision started to clear up and I realised it was Crutchie.
"Yeah sorry. My mind's kinda just racing right now."

"I thinks a hug will make ya feel better," he said brightly. Before I could respond, I was engulfed in a hug.

I smiled, he was right. Crutchie is like a ray of sunshine. "Huh, I actually do feel better."
"Course ya do, sometimes it's all ya need," his smile remained bright as ever.

"Wanna sell wit' me? Togetha we's gonna sell sell all da papes."
"Because of your limp and my broken arm?"

He gasped dramatically, feigning offence, "I don't need no limp ta sell papes, I got poisonality."

I chuckled at that, what a sweetheart. "Yeah sure, I'll sell with you and your 'poisonality'. I bet you're better than Racer."

While we waited in line, I made eye contact with Morris and he winked at me. I smiled shyly back at him, my cheeks heating up. I have it bad for him.

Eventually we got our papers and like yesterday, my stack had a little note on it. It read 'Meet me at Central Park at 7' with a smiley face. I once again put it in my skirt pocket and smiled at him.

While I waited for Crutchie, Jack came up to me. "Hey N/N, ya doin' alright?"
"I'm fine, just tired. Didn't get much sleep last night."
"Yeah, Crutch told me you weren't feelin' so good. Come ta me 'f ya need anything."
"Thanks Jackie," I said giving him a hug.

I went up to Race and whispered to him, "I'm going out with Morris tonight at Central Park, please cover for me."

He smirked at me, "Of course N/N. Have fun, jus' not too much fun."

I rolled my eyes and smacked him with one of my papers. "Thanks Racer. Also I'm selling with Crutchie today."
He gasped, "You's ditchin' me?"

I shrugged, "Sorry Race, he's just better looking."
"Can't argue wit' that," he said, chuckling, "I's gonna come back from da races a bit later today so that we can walk in togetha an' they's gonna think you were wit' me."

"Thanks Racer," I gave him one more hug before going off with Crutchie.

Crutchie is one interesting boy. He manages to use people's sympathy without making it seem like that's his intention.

He's got so much charisma that people don't even realise they're subconsciously drawn to him because of his leg.

I noticed that because when I sold with him, a lot more people bought from me than yesterday with Race who is also very charismatic.

I guess people are more willing to buy from two injured kids and without thinking end up buying more than they need.

While the sun was still up, both Crutchie and I had sold our whole stacks.

"Hey Y/N, I know you were feelin' kinda down today an' I think I's got something that'll cheer ya up."
"What is it?" I asked, genuinely intrigued.

"My goil makes the best cakes an' stuff in da woild an' she gives me some wheneva I come visit her folks' bakery."
"You've got a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, only Jackie knows so don' tell all da boys. They's gonna tease me 'bout it."
"Don't worry Crutch, I won't tell them."

We traveled along in comfortable silence before he asked me, "So whas goin' on between you an' Race?"
I'm sure the shock was visible on my face.

"What do you mean? There's nothing between Racer and I."
"Yeah right, I saw da way you was talkin' wit' 'im earlier. Don' worry, I won't tell nobody."

"Race and I most definitely do not have a thing."
"Whateva ya say, N/N," he said with a smirk on his face.

As much as I didn't want everyone thinking I had a thing with Race, it assured me a bit that they wouldn't suspect me liking a Delancey.

As we walked, the path felt familiar and though Crutchie led the way, it almost felt like it was already ingrained in my muscle memory.

When I saw the sign that read 'The Hart Bakery', I realised exactly where the familiarity came from.

Before I could process the implications of us being here, Crutchie excitedly dragged me inside. I heard a very familiar voice from the kitchen that was getting nearer and nearer to us.

"Hey Crutch, is that you? I just finished up a batch of cookies but we're gonna close now so do you want-Y/N?"
"Lindsay?"

I was face to face with someone I grew up with. A friend who quickly became like a sister to me. A face I thought I would never see again. Standing in front of me was Lindsay Hart, my best friend.

She wasted no time in engulfing me in a hug. "I thought I'd never see you again! I missed you so much! School hasn't been the same without you! What happened to you? Is your arm okay? Since when have you been a newsie?"

She somehow managed to practically say all this at the same time. "I don't know what to say to you Linds, I missed you so much." I felt tears rolling down my face.

"Youse know each other?" It was then that we remembered that Crutchie was there.

"Yeah, N/N and I grew up together. She's like my sister."

It was then that my brain processed a critical piece of information, "Wait, you're Crutchie's girlfriend! Oh my gosh you guys are literally perfect for each other!"

They both blushed at my comment. It's true though, they both have super sweet personalities and honestly I think they were made for each other.

"Thanks, DaSilva. Speaking of relationships, there's a new boy in our class who's totally your type. His name is David and I think you guys would totally hit it off."

"Nah Lindsay, Y/N's already after Racer," Crutchie said smugly.
"I don't like Race!" They both laughed at my expense.

I spent a couple minutes catching up with Lindsay and explaining my very eventful month to her. I feel like her and Katie would get along so well.

Speaking of Delanceys, I checked the time and it was half past six.

"It was great to hang out with you guys but I've gotta go meet up with someone."
"Is it Race?" Crutchie teasingly asked.

Wait technically it was.
"Perhaps," I replied, laughing.

"Have fun, N/N!"
"Make good choices!" They said at the same time.

I simply rolled my eyes and walked off. I first had to talk to Race and I found him at one of his selling spots counting his cash.

"Hey Racer!" I said from behind him, giving him a fright.
"Geez Y/N, ya scared da livin' daylights outta me! Ready for ya date wit' Delancey?"

"It's not a date, just a platonic hangout," I said rationally.
"Yeah right," he scoffed, "you's so blind it's funny."
"Oh you mean like you and Katie?" I teased.
"Shaddup N/N." He pulled his cap over his face trying to hide his blush.

"Crutchie thinks you and I are a thing," I informed him, unable to contain my laughter.

I saw the amusement in his face too, "Yeah, I got da same thing from Kelly an' ya brotha. Jus' means no one'll suspect you's datin' a Delancey."

"That's exactly what I was thinking." After I said this, Race had this triumphant look on his face. I was about to ask him what he was so happy about when I realised the error in my word choice.

"Wait no, Morris and I are not dating, that's not what I meant."
"Oh yeah? Then what did ya mean?"
"Just the fact that we're hanging out with them, nothing of that sort."

"Yeah yeah, go see yer boyfriend. We's gonna walk back to the lodgin' house at ten."
I rolled my eyes at him calling Morris my boyfriend but hugged him and went on my way to the park.

I arrived to see Morris already there. "Hey, Morris!" He turned to face me.
"N/N!" He exclaimed, giving one of his tight hugs. We decided to go for a walk

"So how was your day, Mo?"
"Not great, Snyder's been real mad since you escaped. Also one of the boys there, Matt I think, yeah he seems to miss you. I think he's got a thing for you," he informed me with a smirk.

"Nah, I'm sure he doesn't. What's up with people having all these assumptions about my love life today?"
"Who's been making assumptions about your love life?" he asked amused. I rolled my eyes.

"Crutchie. He thinks I like Race."
"You and Race?" he questioned with a raised brow.
"Not gonna happen. He's great and all but he's just not someone I see that way. Besides he's gonna end up with your sister anyway."

"True." He then gave me a mischievous look, "So if Race isn't someone you see that way, who do you see that way?"
I felt my entire face heat up at that question because obviously I had strong feelings for him.
"Alright, that's enough of the personal questions," I said quickly causing him to laugh at my expense.

"Ha ha very funny. Anyone you've got your eye on, Delancey?"
"Alright, that's enough of the personal questions," he mocked.
"Touché."

As we walked and talked, I noticed our hands lightly brushing against each other every so often until we were eventually holding hands. He was definitely aware of it but he didn't let go. It was comforting but I knew better than to get my hopes up.

Eventually we made our way back to the park and sat on a bench, our hands still intertwined.

"Tell me something about you, DaSilva."
"What do you wanna know?"

He gave my question some thought before finally arriving at, "Why are you still friends with me?"

I paused for a moment.

"Why wouldn't I be?"
"Many people wouldn't. I work at the Refuge, I've not exactly been the nicest to your friends and my reputation ain't the best. Am I really worth the hassle of sneaking around?"

I grabbed his other hand and looked him in the eyes.

"When I first met you, I didn't know anything about your reputation. I hadn't heard of you. I knew you worked there so I'll admit, I was a little scared of who you might be but I met the real you. Someone who cares so much about other people that he's willing to deal with the negative consequences of it. You and your brother aren't the evil people you're made out to be and you've made a huge impact on my life. You literally saved me from Snyder's torture so if you think I'd drop you because of convenience you must be delusional."

"Thanks for being one of the few people who care about me, Y/N," he said sincerely.

We sat there for a few seconds in silence holding hands and looking into each other's eyes. He would glance at my lips occasionally then he closed his eyes and started to lean in. I felt myself unconsciously following suit.

My heart was pounding in my chest and the air grew thicker at the realisation that I was about to kiss my crush. I felt all my strong feelings for him build up, about to be released.

Before our lips touched, I heard my name being called and we both jolted apart. I turned around to see that it was Race.
"Y/N, where are you? We gotta go now!"

There was now an awkward tension between Morris and I. "Sorry, I gotta go," I stuttered out.
"Uh yeah, bye."
"Bye."

Nothing more was said between us and I rushed to escape the situation.

"Hey Racer," I said softly.
"Hey N/N, how was ya date?" He questioned, wiggling his eyebrows.
"Fine," I said monotoned without the heart to correct him or make any other snarky comment. After all, maybe that moment made it a date.

"You's okay, Y/N?" We stopped walking and I turned to see his concerned face.
"Yep," I responded not wanting to say anything about what happened.

"Y/N-"
"Let's just get back!" At his shocked expression, I instantly felt guilty, "I'm sorry for snapping at you I just-" I got cut off by him pulling me into a hug.

"Hey, 's okay N/N. You don't gotta explain anything, 'm sorry for upsettin' ya."
When we pulled away from the hug, I felt tears roll down my cheeks that I was quick to wipe away. We kept walking but seeing Race's expression prompted me to speak.

"I'm scared, Racer. I know I like him but I was willing to just ignore those feelings. Now I'm scared that I've ruined my friendship with him. We almost kissed and then it became awkward. What if he never wants to see me again?"

"Well whetha he wants ta or not, he's gonna see ya again 'cause it's his job ta give us papes." That got a light chuckle out of me.

"I don' know 'im like you do but I's sure ya relationship ain't ruined. He cares 'bout you, not even a Delancey would be dumb enough ta throw that away 'cause of one awkward moment."
"Thanks Race."

When we got back to the lodging house, everyone was still very awake.

"Hey Crutchie you were right, they just walked in togetha!" A voice I recognised as Elmer's exclaimed.
"Course I was right, I's always right."

"What were you two doin' out togetha?" Albert asked us teasingly.
"Sheepshead," Race answered curtly.
"Oh, ya went wit' him to da races, eh?" I did not have the energy for this.

"I'm going to bed."
"C'mon N/N, it's not even that late," Al tried to reason with me.
"Well I'm tired," I said, giving him a deadpanned expression before getting into bed to think about life.

What on earth was Morris Delancey doing to me?

A/N: Yeah ik it's been a while I'm sorry😭 exams are almost done so I'll probs start updating more again soon. Love you guys🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165 0 19
Originally Made: May 17, 2023 -December 31, 2023 You ever wonder if the spark between two people would ever come back the same way as before? You see...
158K 3.6K 19
ส™สŸแด€แด‹แด‡ ส™ส€แดแดแด‹s, า“แด€สŸสŸษชษดษข า“แดส€ แด›สœแด‡ แด›แด€แด‹แด‡ษด แดษดแด‡s. ๐—•๐—˜๐—–๐—ž ๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ซ ๐—™๐—˜๐— ! ๐—ข๐—– ๐—ซ ๐—๐—”๐——๐—˜ ๐—ช๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ง ๐—ฉ๐—œ๐—–๐—ง๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฆ: ๐—ฆ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—ข๐—ก ๐Ÿญ-๐Ÿฐ ๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—”๏ฟฝ...
347K 12.4K 27
โ ๐’Š'๐’—๐’† ๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’‘๐’Š๐’„๐’Œ๐’๐’† ๐Ÿ‘น โž ... [ ยฉ -plxgue- :) ] dec 18 - jan 23 2021