Pirate Heart

Autorstwa tellie1

The youngest of five royals had been kidnapped by Pirates. Evelyn was fragile and small but that did not stop... Więcej

2
3
4
5
6
7

1

39 1 0
Autorstwa tellie1

In one of the many taverns of Port Royal a Jamaican port popular for thieves, prostitutes and most importantly pirates, a Captain sat with his crew of 'Lady Death', a popular name between pirates. At the bar the captain drank a bottle of rum, his crew everywhere else enjoying themselves and Hawkins – his first mate and Irish friend – made sure nobody did anything daft or stepped out of line. Approached from the side by one of the many, not so pretty, prostitutes in the bar, Silver only side eyed her, and she averted her march to someone else. He wasn't in the mood for flirting and especially if they didn't want to get the message to leave.

They were running very low on funds and couldn't afford enough supplies to get to the Italian Ocean. He had thought of taking a loan but it would be a hassle and he never knew if he could trust the people they were loaning from. Sighing deeply a man sat next to him ordering a bottle of rum for themselves. Glancing at the man next to him, he wore a cloak with his face obscured, but could see the man worked hard with his hands. Taking a large gulp of rum Silver looked over to his crew and saw Hawkins yelling at the boy they hired last year about something he did or done. The man next to him also took a gulp of rum but not as big. "Are you in port?" The man asked with a raspy voice and the captain side eyed him and frowned but answered nonetheless, "Aye, but I have a feeling we are going to stay here for a while." "Why do you say that?" The old man did not have an accent like most of the men and woman on that island, he sounded schooled. Answering the mans question with a sigh, "We ain't got the money." "Where are you lads off to?" The old man wanted something, and Silver knew it, the man just needed to spit it out. "What do ye want old man?" Finishing his rum he turned in his seat to face the stranger.

Hawkins saw what was happening at the bar, walking closer to make sure his friend and Captain was not in danger. "I have a proposition for you." Noticing Hawkins in his peripheral he held his right hand up, indicating everything was all right, for the moment. "What kind of proposition?" He asked tilting his head slightly, intrigued by what the old man wanted to say. "I need someone to go to Blue Cliff Kingdom in the Italian Ocean. There's someone there I need you to fetch for me." The man paused and looked at Silver to see he was still listening. "They should be wearing a blue sapphire neckless." "Lad or lass?" Hawkins questioned folding his arms over his chest, eyeing his Captain. "I don't know, all I do know they should be around 18." Done talking Silver frowned at the information given and realised, why would he want help?, wouldn't it be easier to do it himself? But he also realised money would be involved and they needed to get there anyways. "Why are ye trusting pirates to get ye this person?" "Because I know your kind would never say no to a lot of money." Raising his brow in disrespect to the mans choice of words he knew it was true.

"How much?" He asked as Hawkins frowned at their Captain. He didn't trust the old man and he most definitely didn't like the idea of kidnapping someone, they never have before. And he knew his Captain would be dumb enough and desperate enough to do it. "10 000." The old man finally answered his bright blue- grey eyes and wrinkled around his eyes and mouth frowned. "That ain't enough old man." Silver said trying to get more out of him. He looked at Hawkins and saw the disappointment on his face. "15 000?" Tilting his head thinking it was reasonable, he thought he could get more out of him. "20 000." Silver suggested/ demanded which made him stand. "Ugh, your ridiculous. I'll find someone else." Stopping him Silver stood as well, "Ye won't." The old man turned around a scowl in his expression. "We've been to Blue Cliff Kingdom, most pirates are afraid of that place, I am one of the few who ain't. So, either ye take my amount or try and find another willing participant." Frowning the man sighed thinking for a moment, "Big words for pirate." Not minding the old mans comment he smirked. "Fine. You have a deal pirate. 10 000 now, and 10 000 when you get back. No harm is to come to them, otherwise you can forget about the rest." "Done old man." Smirking at the man they spat in their hands and shook on it. "We'll leave tomorrow at dawn." Nodding at the pirate the old man gave him a bag of 10 000 shillings and walked out of the tavern. Counting the money, he had received, he saw in the corner of his eye Hawkins still stood with his arms crossed. "Ye seem disappointed?" Sighing he looked back at the men then faced Silver. "Ye know we don't do jobs like this? I know ye're getting desperate but... not like this." Looking up at his best friend he pocketed the money and walked out, heading for the ship. "Relax Hawkins, this will be an easy job. Nobody will get hurt."

~~~~~~

It was a quiet early morning, the soft breeze pushing the curtains up and pulling them back down. The sound of waves crashing against the cliffs, seagulls passing by making their way to their nests. Evelyn sat up rubbing her eyes to clear her vision, stretching her arms high in the air, throwing her legs out of bed. Standing up she went to the window and looked over the grey-blue ocean. The sun hasn't come up yet but there was a dim light peeking over the horizon. A chill breeze blew over her lightly tanned skin, her hair went back, and some went in her face. Taking a deep breath of the salty air that overtook Evelyn's whole existence ever since she was a child. The same sounds and view she has seen since she could see. However, she remembered her older siblings telling her the first time they had arrived there. The British empire was growing, and they needed an embassy in Italy, but Evelyn's mother and father were a duke and duchess, so the people had made them king and queen not long after that. The second youngest was born during this time and she was only born after. Although she did remember her mother telling Evelyn her father left to fight against, she couldn't really remember who, but he wasn't there.

Hearing the waves crash against the mountain side for the millionth time since it was created, she smiled. She loved the ocean, she always has. The idea of the water splashing on her skin and the wind taking her wherever she wanted to go overwhelmed her being. Shaking the thought from her head she already knew her my father would never allow it. Walking to her closet, she picked a light green dress, slipping it on with no shoes. Opening her door, Evelyn carefully peeked to see if anyone else was awake however nobody was, she preferred it. Tip-toeing against the wall towards the kitchen there she could grab a snack and go down the mountain to put her feet into the water and see the sun rise. She had done it every morning, unless it rained or the secret path to the beach was occupied by some soldiers, but nobody seemed to notice her routine. The maidens woke up when the sun started to show its head and that was when they got breakfast ready for everyone, but by then she was already in her room.

In the kitchen, on one of the many tables, sat a wooden plate with yesterday's bread. It might not be as delicious as freshly baked bread, but it would do. Making her way to the bread, reaching out to take one, her hand was struck by another. "Ow!" Evelyn exclaimed and met the gaze of an angry Phillip. Giving him a warm smile to array what she was doing which in turn made him more suspicious. "What are you doing?" He asked narrowing his eyes at her. "Nothing, brother dear." Evelyn never called Phillip 'brother dear' unless she didn't want to get into trouble. He huffed at her answer not really believing it. "We both know you weren't doing nothing." She crossed her arms over her chest, "Really?" She retorted with a sarcastic tone frowning at him. He pulled a face and stated with a soft but stern voice. "You can't go down the mountain today." Uncrossing her arms Evelyn frowned deeply placing her arms to her sides. "How did you..." He smiled, "I've known for a while. I didn't say anything because... I know how much you love the ocean and escaping from it all." Taking a deep breath, she hoped her secret would stay hidden but knew Phillip was not an idiot, she only hoped he hasn't told their parents. Giving her a smile of reassurance she knew then that wasn't the case. "I don't appreciate you stopping me." He chuckled softly, "I'm guessing you have forgotten?" It was more of a statement than a question and she was confused of course, "I forgot what?" He laughed this time and rubbed his hair back. "It's our sister, Aurora's, coming of age ball tonight." Evelyn's eyes widen with realisation and formed a O with her lips, but her expression quickly changed into a scrunched apologetic look, "Sorry." He looked at her and smirked, "Well we better get ready for breakfast, so I advise you to get some shoes." Looking down at her feet she giggled. Giving him a quick hug Evelyn rushed to her room.

Returning to her room to find Sophie, her lady-in-waiting, standing by the closet getting things out. "Good morning, Princess." She smiled and bowed. "Good morning to you to, Sophie. Lovely morning, isn't it?" "Yes, it's quite nice." She turned and looked out the window before turning back and finishing her duties. She sat a dress on Evelyn's bed, and she knew it was for the ball that night. Hearing a soft knock on her door she turned to see her mother walk in. Sophie bowed, the Queen nodded and indicated with a wave of her hand that she had to leave which she did just that. Sitting on the windowsill Evelyn watched as the sun rise. "Evelyn?" Turning her head to face her mother, who sat on the bed. She had light skin, a button nose and almost always had a smile on her face, that was not one of those times. "Come sit here." She tapped the spot next to her which Evelyn obeyed and sat next to her. "What is it mother?" She asked gently, looking at her with an almost worried look the Queen forced a smile. Evelyn was not sure why her mother looked at her like that, or the reason behind her forced smile, it was troublesome. "I worry about all of you." She finally broke the silence, tears brimmed her ocean eyes. "Mom?" I spoke softly, she took a breath and wiped a few tears away. "I- I, I need you to be brave, strong and kind, because I won't always be there to protect you." Frown at her words Evelyn became worried and fear slowly sunk in. What did she mean? "Evelyn, this was mine, given to me by your father, to express his love, and now I want you to have it." Shocked at the sudden surprise of a gift, it was not her birthday. Holding a beautiful turquoise sapphire stone with a silver chain to her Evelyn was mesmerised by the small stone before her. "Thank you, mother." She smiled, placing the stone in her palm closing her hand gently, giving her a quick hug before standing up and walked to the door. Halting before opening it, "Oh, and Evelyn?" "Yes?" She asked, concern in her voice. She opened her mouth to speak but said nothing, leaving Evelyn more confused and worried.

After the strange encounter Sophie had returned, "You are needed downstairs for breakfast, milady." Sighing lightly, she thanked her before putting the neckless away and slipping on some pumps. Rushing down to the dining room everyone waited in their respected chairs - both the King and Queen and her four older siblings. She was the youngest, currently 18 years of age. Rose 20, Aurora 22, Lillian 24 and Phillip 27. Evelyn and Rose shared similarities with their mother - light skin, semi-button nose, blue eyes and blond hair. Rose's eyes were darker, and her hair was reddish like their aunt, the Queens sister. Evelyn's eyes were lighter, almost icy and her hair was lighter, however she had cut it recently to her shoulders. They also had the same kindness, fragile and soft manner as their mother, however, Evelyn liked stirring up trouble when it so pleased her. Phillip, Lillian and Aurora shared traits of their father - semi-naturally tanned skin, a longish nose, brown eyes and brown hair. They were all strong, dependent and fair to people in need. However, Rose also shared a few features of their father, Evelyn did not. Her mother said it was a good think, she had the better genes of the family. Taking a seat Evelyn greeted her family. The maidens brought their plates, and as they left their father stood up. "To my daughter and to her coming of age! May you have prosperous years before you. We all love you very much." Everyone smiled at their fathers' words, the Queen released a few tears which made Aurora stand and hug both their parents. "Thank you everyone, I love you all just as much. Now, let's eat!" Aurora declared which made everyone laugh.

Everyone was hard at word that day getting ready for the masquerade ball and the number of guests that were going to arrive. The afternoon had arrived, and everyone scurried to get ready, especially the Princess of the night - Aurora. Entering her room Sophie was already there getting everything ready. The dress Evelyn was going to wear was light blue with gold spots that looked painted on. Along with a golden belt that sat wide around her torso and wrapped tightly around her ribs, almost like a corset. The dress also had no sleeves only a golden buckle piece that sat on her shoulders, with a cape like vial behind her, also with gold painted on. And due to it being a masquerade ball she had a white mask in the shape of an owl's face, with light blue trimming and gold freckles. There was a light knock on her door, "Who is it?" She asked gently, Sophie busy fixing her hair. "Phillip, can I come in?" "If you can?" Hearing him chuckle the door opened. "Are you ready?" He asked coming closer. "Yes, just a few more things." Opening her jewelry box, she took out the sapphire neckless examining it slightly tying it around her neck it felt as if she wore the ocean but close to her heart. Standing up, Sophie fixed her cloak and Phillip held out his arm. He looked very handsome in the dark blue suite he wore. His mask was dark blue with gold patterns, it reminded her of a knight's helmet. Taking his arm, they walked together to the ballroom. As the speaker saw us enter the room, he called out our names. "Prince Phillip of Blue Cliff Kingdom, and Princess Evelyn of Blue Cliff Kingdom." Curtseying to the crowed who faced them Phillip bowed. Making their way to the family table, they took their seats. It was Evelyn on the far right, Rose, the Queen, the King, Aurora, Phillip and then Lillian. Everyone looked so mysterious with their masks on, it was most likely Aurora's idee why she wanted a masquerade ball. The King gave one of his famous speeches, telling everyone how happy he was and how grateful he was for everyone being there and that they should enjoy themselves. The night itself wasn't all that interesting to Evelyn after they had eten. A few men, not really her age, asked to dance and she did but her feet were aching from all the dancing, they were all quite terrible dancers.

Sneaking out to the balcony to get away from the people, she took deep breaths of fresh salty air and sat on the stone railing. She couldn't really see the ocean, it seemed pitch-black with the moon bright in the sky smiling down upon her. Playing with the sapphire stone between her fingers feeling the bumpy yet smooth texture of it. She had sat there for quite some time looking over the gardens noticing torches flicker near the stone wall she saw a few men walking alongside it, but she couldn't see them properly as the torches obscured their faces and made them seem disfigured. It was strange seeing those men and felt that something was off. Jumping off the railing she rushed inside thinking she should notify her father of what she saw. Seeing Rose and Lillian talking to other princesses and prince's, she asked them if they had seen their father. They all faced her, and Lillian answered. "Um, I think his somewhere over there talking to old army friends." "Thank you." "Is everything alright?" Rose asked knowing that it was unusual for Evelyn to be looking for their father in any sort of social gathering, however she did not answer and disappeared into the crowed. Making her way through the guests, she walked as fast as she could to where her father was, when all of a sudden, she was grabbed from the side. Her heart sat in her throat but luckily it was only Aurora. "I saw a dashing young man over there and I think he is perfect for you." She said with a smile. Aurora always tried finding Evelyn a "suitable man", like she would say but she was only trying to play match maker that never worked out. "Aurora not now!" "Shhh," She silenced her, "I'm going to introduce you to him." Sighing deeply as she directed Evelyn to the man. He was dashing, but it was not her concern at the moment, however, before she knew it, she was on the dance floor once more. He was like every other man, a terrible dancer. "What's the matter?" The man asked studying her features, noticing how absent her mind was. "Nothing, I just have to..." She had to think fast! "Get a drink." "I will get you one." The man with the lion mask insisted, letting her go and making his way to the drinks table.

Only able to take a few steps a strong arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her back to the dance floor. "Care to dance?" The husky voice asked which Evelyn had no chance to answer as she was swept away. Startled by the man Evelyn barely found her footing as they floated with the music. The man seemed adventurous which captivated her attention, and he wasn't a terrible dancer either. Evelyn was sort compared to him, sitting just below his chin, he also had broad shoulders. Unable to see what he looked like under his black and red crow mask and black hat his forest orbs entranced her. His hands were rough, and he smelled like salt, which did not bother her. Gazing at one another, it was peaceful. However, the song came to an end, and they had to part ways. Smiling at her softly before letting go of her hand.

Frowning at the strange encounter Evelyn returned to reality and remembered she wanted to find her father. Finally, she found him, "Father!" He turned his head to face her, he was drunk. Knowing he wouldn't listen she felt he should know at least. "Father there are men in the garden." Laughing slightly her father placed a hand on her shoulder, "Evelyn, everyone can go anywhere, it is a party after all." The Kings friends cheered, and Evelyn knew it was no use after all. Hands covered her eyes which made her step back frightened, bumping into the persons chest. Sniggering at her reaction Evelyn then knew exactly who it was. "Phillip!" Turning around furious she was not in the mood and Phillip quickly realised it. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." Nodding slightly at him she turned to their father, back chatting with his friends. Glancing at their father, as well, Phillip spoke, "You won't get anything from him now." Clenching her jaw she knew, she already tried. "I come baring news. It's bedtime." Not protesting as she was tired and it was very late at night Evelyn said goodnight and walked up the stairs, down the hall, towards her room. The music, laughter and talking faded into the night and it was just Evelyn alone in the large, dark, quiet castle.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

28.4K 1.2K 42
When the fairest in all the land, Princess Emma Swan, is kidnapped by ruthless pirates, an unlikely tyrant saves her, but only to claim the prize for...
Captive{ated} Autorstwa Gabs

Tajemnica / Thriller

284K 12K 45
"First you captivated me... then you held me captive." Evelyn was like most college-aged girls working a part-time job when she met Caleb, who came i...
2M 72K 47
Inspired by Tarzan** Shipwrecked at three years old, Angus has known nothing but the jungle he now calls home. Faced with survival day in day out and...
10.3K 259 14
Twelve years ago, Carlos was kidnapped by Harry and his crew. Uma not included, since she left to be with Evie. Mal, Evie, Jay, Ben and Uma searched...