𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝗺𝐢𝐬�...

By dracoandfredownme

"I will never ever let anything happen to you, you hear me? I would never let anyone or anything hurt you, an... More

•𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝗼𝐭𝐞•
•𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬•
𝗼𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝗼
𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫
𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝗼𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝗼
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝗼𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝗼
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝗼𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝗼
𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫
𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲
𝐧𝗼𝐯𝐞𝗺𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟎
𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝗼𝐠𝐮𝐞
•𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝗼𝐮•

𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

7K 198 94
By dracoandfredownme

7:00 AM.

A loud fucking bell rings at 7 AM to wake up everyone.

Kaylina got up, sighing in annoyance. She put the sneakers on and walked to the girls' change room to put on the training clothes they were provided with.

Black track pants and a black tank top. She brushed her teeth and washed her face. She tried her best to make herself look alive with what they were provided with.

She walked out to go to the cafeteria, as instructed. She saw a few of the other peers sitting down with breakfast.

Not eating, just staring.

Well, Ron was eating.

Kaylina grabbed a tray and got served with eggs, bacon, sausage links, and fruit before she grabbed bottled water.

She sat down in the same spot she sat for dinner the night before and just stared at the food.

She saw the blonde Slytherin walk in, everyone wearing the same clothes. He got his food and took a seat with his housemates, staring at his food.

"Morning," George spoke as he and his twin sat around Kaylina.

She flashed a smile. "Morning," she greeted kindly.

"Kay, I honestly think you should eat something," Fred said quietly.

Nodding, "you haven't eaten for a few days since before the war," George joined in.

Said girl lifted a lazy shoulder, "I'm really not hungry," she mumbled.

Before anyone could converse anymore, the door swung open and Joshua walked in. "Training starts in ten minutes, so eat up and go to the training room," Joshua demanded before walking out.

Kaylina wasn't hungry, so she walked out of the cafeteria and to the training room. She walked in and saw she was the first to be in the room.

She leaned on the stone wall, arms crossed in front of her chest as she waited for the rest to show up.

A blonde Slytherin walked in only seconds after. Kaylina assumed he also wasn't hungry.

He walked to the wall and leaned just as she was, but his hands were in his pants pockets.

"Careful, Santos— if you keep staring, I might accidentally think you're obsessed," Draco broke the silence, looking over at her.

Kaylina scoffed. "As if," she said and her nose scrunched.

Silence.

Only moments after, everyone showed up and so did Joshua. "Some of you will be paired up to practice together— all I can say is, don't kill each other," Joshua stated firmly.

"Where are our wands?" Theo questioned.

"They're with me, but you're not allowed to use them. The Dark Lord knows you're all decent with hexing and jinxing, but he demands you all learn how to fight without your wands— just to truly see who is the best of his followers," Joshua explained. "There's a shooting range down the hall, so whoever wants to practice shooting— follow me," he said, walking out of the room.

Ron, Dean, Hermione, Daphne, Padma, and the Weasley twins all walked out, following Joshua.

Kaylina walked to one of the many sections. She went to the section with a target and small blades and knives.

She found herself picking up the knife, examining the blade closely to see if it was sharp and taking steps back, so she was about eighteen feet from the target.

She held the knife by the small handle, in a stance of defence and her eyes trying to aim it in the center of the target.

How hard could it be?

Next thing, she whipped the knife with force, the knife leaving her hold with ease when her arm was almost fully extended to the target.

Bulls-eye.

"I see you're already pretty good with this stuff, so it seems," Joshua spoke from behind her.

Kaylina turned around and shrugged. "Luck shot, I suppose," she said bluntly.

"Try again," he demanded.

She turned around, grabbing another knife and doing just as she did before. She aimed, swinging her arm just slightly to prepare before whipping it at the target.

No bulls-eye, but it landed right next to her previous throw.

"See," Joshua uttered.

"See what?" she turned around, raising a brow.

He raised his eyebrows, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "You're sort of a natural," he stated, "More practice and you should be more than ready for the end of July," he smiled before walking off.

"Pfft— please," she mumbled to herself before whipping more knives at the target.

She spent a little while throwing knives at the target, not really knowing what else to do.

She took the knives out of the target and put them back on the table before walking around to see what else there is to do.

She saw Theo and Blaise in some sort of maze.

She stood, watching through the connected cameras to see what they were doing. Each one of them had a knife and gear, protective gear.

She saw Theo sneaking up behind Blaise and within two seconds, Blaise was in a choke hold with Theo's knife to his throat.

"Zabini, you need to be wary of your surroundings. Never have your back turned unless your back is against a wall," Joshua instructed once the two boys walked out of the maze.

"I got it," Blaise nodded, taking off his protective gear.

"Water is on the table— feel free to rehydrate," Joshua patted the two boys on the back before walking off.

"Santos, I want to see you in there," a familiar voice spoke.

Kaylina turned around and saw Pansy walking with Draco.

"What?" the brunette Gryffindor blurted, brows furrowed.

"I want to see you in the maze," Pansy stated sternly.

"With who?" Kaylina raised an eyebrow.

The green-eyed Slytherin pointed to herself. "Me, obviously," she scoffed.

"Right then," Kaylina nodded lazily.

She put on the protective gear just as Pansy did and grabbed the knife on the table. "Ready?" Kaylina looked over at Pansy.

"Yeah— go," Pansy nodded, gesturing towards the glass door to the maze.

Draco stood, arms crossed in front of his chest as he watched through the tv that connects to the camera's in the maze. Kaylina walked in and Pansy followed behind.

"Go to your base," Kaylina said, walking to the opposite side of the maze.

Kaylina stood on her side, the maze blocking all sorts of vision of her opponent. She had the knife gripped tightly in her hand, her mind going in all sorts of directions.

Don't turn your back unless it's to a wall.

Be wary of your surroundings.

Quiet.

Discreet.

Quick.

Smart.

Never turn your back on your opponent.

Slow and steady.

Don't rush to attack.

Think ahead.

One step ahead.

Keep your eyes and ears peeled.

Kaylina's done stuff like this before, not in a super serious manner. Her dad taught her a few things before his death.

"It'll benefit you if you learn things like this if something ever happens to me and your mum."

Kaylina didn't learn much, it was just side bits such as, how to properly throw a knife, how to hold a knife, how to be discreet, play smart. Little things like that.

Well, technically, her dad only helped her with new skills when it comes to fighting and wrestling.

Kaylina grew up with four older brothers and growing up with nothing but brothers helped her become pretty good when it came to wrestling or fighting someone.

Considering the fact that she hasn't been able to do that because her entire family died two years before the war, it's safe to say she may be just a tad bit rusty.

Just a tad bit.

The buzzer rang, starting the match.

Kaylina took careful, cautious steps out from her base, her eyes rapidly scanning her surroundings. One foot in front of the other, heels to toes.

Quiet, cautious steps.

She heard footsteps to her left.

On first instinct, she whipped herself to the right, her back pressed against the wall as she continued to listen for any other sound.

Nothing.

She twirled the knife in her hands, walking quietly through the maze until she heard someone behind her.

On first instinct, she whipped herself around, smacking Pansy's hand and the knife flew from her hand. She swept her foot through Pansy's, causing her to fall hard on her back.

Kaylina dropped on Pansy, both knees on either side of her hips. She had the knife to her throat while her free hand pinned Pansy's hands above her head.

"You need to play smarter— you're too eager— reckless, and you need a firmer grip around your weapon," Kaylina spoke, standing up.

She put a hand out for Pansy and she grabbed it, Kaylina pulled her up to her feet.

Pansy nodded. "Thanks for the advice," she huffed, picking up her knife.

They both walked out of the maze to see Joshua, Theo, Blaise, and Draco watching.

"Santos, have you ever done anything like this before?" Joshua asked, a tone of surprise.

Yes.

"No."

"You're a natural. I mean, your form is a little sloppy, but it's nothing that can't be improved on," he chuckled.

Not quite sure how to respond, Kaylina just smiled. She walked to the table, taking the gear off and putting the knife on the table.

Day one.

Complete.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446K 15.3K 155
"𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉𝓅𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝒶𝓁𝓁" ... Maisey Howell knew nothing of her prophecy or long lost br...
8 0 4
"We can't be together Granger" he whispered. "You're a mudblood, I can't." She looked at him. Rage and disappointment in her eyes. "What happened to...
114K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...
117 10 9
"She turned her head to her beaten and bruised friends, Ron, Hermione, Circe. This was her fault, she had brought them here. She turned towards him...