Revelation Of The Chosen (Boo...

By RJS416

Magic is not real! Ancient History is just a part of someone's fabrication put into books. Shark and Troy do... More

Thank You to Supporters of the RW
Prologue
Chapter 0: A Distant Past
Chapter 1: The Skeptics of Magic
Chapter 2: The Dark One's Journey Begins
Chapter 3: Ancient History
Chapter 4: The Rothom Archives
Chapter 5: To The Museum
Chapter 6: Intruder in the Halls
Chapter 7: The Egyptian Exhibit
Chapter 8: The Clash
Chapter 9: Mesmerizing Words of Terror
Chapter 10: The Final Guards
Chapter 11: Mummies Alive
Chapter 12: Stolen Scrolls
Chapter 13: Pierce Through to Another Time
Chapter 14: The Mysterious Stranger
Chapter 15: A Thousand Questions
Chapter 16: The Thief and The Thunderer
Chapter 17: Hungry Inhabitants
Chapter 18: An Unexpected Ally?
Chapter 19: Fight Thunder with Fire
Chapter 20: Secret Revealed
Chapter 21: The New World Observed
Chapter 22: A Warning from the Trees
Chapter 23: Competition and Bullies
Chapter 24: Giant Dangerous Arachnids
Chapter 25: Rise like the Winds and Devour like the Water
Chapter 26: To Trust or Not to Trust
Chapter 27: The Hidden Underground Den
Chapter 28: The Forest of Intensions
Chapter 29: The Mermaid's Scream
Chapter 30: The Nylus Rainbow Scale
Chapter 31: Perils of the Island
Chapter 32: The Questioning Begins
Chapter 33: The Hyods
Chapter 34: The Ruincrucians
Chapter 35: Panthora and General Chrome
Chapter 36: Battling Vegetables
Chapter 37: The Cries of the People
Chapter 39: The Return of the Hyod of Wind
Chapter 40: The Hyod Council
Chapter 41: The Balance Between Light and Dark Tipped
Chapter 42: The Messiah of Darkness
Chapter 43: A Dangerous Encounter
Chapter 44: Grave News
Chapter 45: Vulnerable
Chapter 46: Confrontations and Conflicts
Chapter 47: Revelation Of The Chosen
Chapter 48: Doublegangers
Chapter 49: The Radiant Warrior
Chapter 50: New School, New Curriculum
Chapter 51: Training Day
Chapter 52: War of Words
Chapter 53: Lord Rothom
Chapter 54: The Second Great War
Chapter 55: A Traitor
Chapter 56: Provoked and Unapologetic
Chapter 57: Secret Training
Chapter 58: Heartfelt Goodbyes
Chapter 59: A Trap Set
Chapter 60: Falling Warrior
Epilogue

Chapter 38: Land of the Mist

300 32 70
By RJS416

Thank you to those who are reading and enjoying my book. I hope you continue to support my book and share with others. Happy Reading. 

Apprentice Hall, an extraordinary place of talent and bravery, hovered gallantly above the four corners of the land.

Warriors were attending training at the various Houses for their special Rudiment, except the Wind, Water and Thunder Apprentices.

They were outside in the grasslands literally summoning up a heavy wind, torrential rain, thunder storm by combining their Rudiments together.

Each House Elder was teaching their fellow Apprentices how to harness the powers within and from what nature made available in a practice battle against each other.

The Thunder Warriors, dressed in their traditional black suit with their pallid triangular chest plate embedded with the thunderbull of Hyperiown were being taught by Arion.

He demonstrated the proper technique on how to grasp ropes of lightning from the storm.

The combination of the lightning with the Apprentices' auras formed a colourful show of yellow and blue lights which encircled each warrior in its warmth.

The Water Warriors were trying to increase the rain's pressure from the storm, making it look like waterfalls lunging down from the heavens on top of their opponents.

The Wind Warriors on the other hand, used their strength to heave the storm away to their adversaries with the aid of miniature tornados which leapt from the palm of their hands to the storm.

In the upper level of the House of Wind was a chamber dedicated to the ruling Hyod.

It was decorated with old antiques and had a roof resembling a dark night, covered with numerous clouds and a storm of flashing lightning and hammering thunder.

In the centre of the chamber were four comfortable divans fixed with cloud cushions in the formation of an arc.

On the longest divan lay an injured Onyx clutching his chest. He did not have enough strength to even scream from the pain coursing through his body like wildfire.

He was about to depart the land of the living when the silver picketed gates to the chamber burst opened and a large white tornado entered.

The winds disbursed and there stood the bold and heroic Hyod of Wind.

Onyx was in and out of consciousness from the tear, the gash, the rip in his chest. He struggled to look up. He could only see a silhouette of the Hyod every time the lightning struck.

The Hyod of Wind waltzed over to Onyx with speed and scrunched down to see the life leaving Onyx's face. His metallic flesh was rusting while his Humantian flesh was turning pale white.

The great Hyod said slowly to him in a strong hoarse voice, "Onyx, you are a brave warrior."

"I applaud you for heroically protecting the Rothom Archives from the terrible forces of Dark. You shall be recognized and rewarded for such fearlessness."

Onyx, was finally able to cry out from the pain. A roar like a lions burst from his windpipes, communicated from the gaping gash.

He clutched his chest harder and said in a trembling voice, "I was just undertaking my duty, my Lord. I should not be rewarded for such failure. Please just let me die with the little dignity I have left."

"Let you die?" said the calm Hyod, as if such a phenonium was unheard of. "My dear Onyx, I have no intensions of letting such a dreadful event happen."

"Such bravery will be celebrated, not impeded upon."

In an unsteady tone Onyx said, "There is nothing anyone can do for me anymore. It is too late. I am just glad you showed up when you did. At least now, my family and Lord Hallious won't have to worry about my absence. They can grieve peacefully."

The great Hoyd with his hand behind his back and over his cloak, responded. "There is no need to mention it. Lord Hallious has taught you well and he will be very proud of you."

Onyx could now see the darkness slowly overshadowing the light from the land of the living and he became frightened.

The great Hyod walked slightly away from Onyx and asked while he looked up at the now cloudless, starry night roof, "Death, she is in the vicinity, is she not?"

"Yes, my Lord, Death and crusher of all my dreams, is near," whispered Onyx slowly and he fell out of consciousness for one last time.

The Lord of Wind looked down at Onyx. The striking lightning from the ongoing thunderstorm illuminated his entire body. His metallic half started to rust faster and his other half started to completely turn white.

The great Lord pulled out a clear cylinder vial of sparkling silver substance from beneath his cloaked arm and uncorked it.

He rapidly poured the clear crystal substance onto Onyx's chest where the Dark One impeded him.

The substance took on a life of its own. It slithered its way deep into Onyx's skin like a burrowing serpent.

Onyx was now standing in a grand, never-ending field of white smoke with a pale white sky. The air was oppressive and he was having difficulty breathing.

He called out for his parents, and Lord Hallious; however, there was no answer. There was no one in sight.

Panic ensued, for he was all alone. The thought of him never seeing his loved ones again quickly crept into his mind and he could not handle it.

He scurried deeper into the field to escape his dreadful thoughts, however he had to stop. He was suffocating. It was like someone's hand was choking the life out of him.

He was nearing nothing anyway, except more total emptiness and a white field which continued on to who knows where or for how long. It all looked the same in every direction, dismal and oppressive.

"Is this the afterlife. Is this how I have to spend all of eternity, completely alone?"

A sudden loud bang from behind him or at least he thought it came from behind him caught his attention.

He quickly rotated to see if anything or anyone was there, however he only came face to face with disappointment.

"You hear me," shouted Onyx to the sky, hoping someone was there to answer his wish, "Send that Dark Warrior here. Bring him to me so we can both suffer. He deserves it for what he has done in his wicked life."

He felt a tingling feeling coming from his chest and gawked down at it. Something strange and at the same time wonderful was happening.

Whatever it was, was repairing the immense damage done by the despicable Dark One. His severed skin began to sew itself back together with the aid of a crystal white substance.

He wanted to finish seeing the completion of the tapestry which was his chest but a large bang broke his concentration once more.

This time it was louder than before. He quickly turned to his left and then to his right and finally to his rear; however, there was nothing there once again.

"What are you?" shouted Onyx, spinning around. "Why are you torturing me like this? Is this some type of sick game?"

Still struggling to breath, he journeyed deeper into the thickening white smoke and again he heard the large bang.

He was tired of being tortured by the sound and decided not to pay any attention to it. It would only lead to distress once more.

He decided to see if his chest was fully mended, however the constant banging of what could only be giant bells broke his concentration, but at least his lungs had expanded and air entered his chambers. The weights on his chest, pressing down on him was gone.

He was sure it was the doing of the substance. He was tired of just standing around and watching for the noise maker.

"Where are you? Show yourself to me," he hollered.

He was determined to find the source. He looked around for awhile until a black structure, appeared out of nowhere. This was no ordinary place. Was this truly the afterlife?

He gazed upon it to see a giant long silver black pendulum swinging, back and forth, slowly while echoing the big bang he heard.

"What is going on here?"

He observed it carefully. It was barricading what looked from far, a giant golden double door with symbols down and up to the keyhole.

He was about to move closer when eight tall and intimidating dark shadows emerged from the thick smoky field as if they were waiting for someone to happen by them.

"In the name of the Hyods, who or what are the eight of you?" exclaimed a frightened Onyx.

A chilling feeling of eternal despair overcame him. He was not ready for such a fate. It was too awful. It was something he had never felt before, even in his darkest hour.

It was drowning him, trying to trap him. While he still had the mobility of his feet, he would not allow it to encapsulate him.

"You can't have my life. It is mine," shouted Onyx to the hovering, tall, black shadows of distorted shapes and sizes.

Question:

1) What is the land of mist?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 1K 37
❖ Interstellar pilot and ex-adventurer Alex Gallegos must keep their team safe on an icy moon as sentient storms threaten to repeat the tragedy that...
194K 15K 42
⭐ FEATURED ⭐ 02/16/2018 Longlisted, Wattys 2018 ✅ COMPLETE Jocasta's nineteen years of peaceful existence in a little village of the Kingdom of On...
468 78 9
War could tear the Realms apart, but will the Rebels be able to band together before a small spark burns out into a blaze of destruction? Or are The...
135 2 41
The world consists of far more than a few people, and far more than just what you see of them now. All characters have a past, a story, some piece of...