Rishtey Dil Ke

By Simplystory7

This story is based on one of the popular & beloved hindi TV serial "Left Right Left". Every soldier has own... More

Part 1
Part 2
part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40

Part 36

366 35 56
By Simplystory7

In meeting room.....

Gunny entered the room & found both Abhi & Naveen missing there.

Gunny- Ye dono kaha hai?

Raj- (casually) God knows!

Just then both of them made an awesome entry by bumping into one another at the entrance.

Both - Ouch!!!

Arjun- (annoyed) Kahan the tum dono ?

Nav(confused) KMA me🤔?!

Karan - (irritated) Not now yaar! We've some important work here...

Nav- Ha toh maine kab kaha hum yaha Pakore talne aaye hai🤨?

Raj - (Smacking Naveen's head playfully) Enough for today Naveen! Chauhan! What happened? You look awful!

Abhi- (sighing) I can't get in touch with the new owner of the companines which were once headed by Lala or you can say "Eagle". & iss shaksh ki public domain me ek single picture tak available nahi hai bas iske naam ke initials hai! "VD"!

Arjun- Yeah l've noticed that too. Even my father don't know him. 

Karan- Guys! I'm not 100% sure but I've heard this name before. (He paused to remember.) Maybe from my father or Shalu.

Raj- Doc Shalini? (Karan nodded in yes.) 

Nav- Great Yaar! (He slapped Karan's Shoulder.) Now go & ask her. (Others looked at him as if he's an alien.) Kya hua aise kyu dekh rahe ho mujhe?

Arjun- (Put his hand on Naveen's shoulder & shared a look with the others.) Since this great idea is yours, so you'll go & ask her. (Colours drained from Naveen's face.)

Nav- (Stammering) M... Ma... Mai? (Others nodded enthusiastically & he bowed his head defeated.) 

The meeting was adjourned & they'll retreated to their respective rooms except for Gunny as he went to return Vishal's wallet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next day..........

Early morning, Shalini was enjoying her coffee in the mess when Naveen stumbled there, startling Shalini as she chocked on her coffee. He apologized but she glared him once & then continued with her coffee without giving him any attention. Naveen took few deep breaths to calm his nerves & asked if he could accompany her. 

Shalini- (formally) Yes Major! Now tell me what do you want?

Nav- Well!! (He scratched his neck nervously) Good Morning to you too Dr!😁 Dekhiye na kitna acha mausam hai!!! (She looked outside the window & saw dark clouds in the sky, making the atmosphere gloomy.🤨) I mean early morning birds ki kitni pyari awaazen aati hai.... (At that particular point only the crows ' voice was echoing there.)

Shalini- (looked at him sternly) I think I've clearly asked you once Major.... What do you want?

Nav- Doyouknowaboutany"VD"frombusinessworld? 

Shalini- (sarcastically) Can you speak in human language? So that I can understand...🙄

Nav- (nervously) Do you know about any "VD" from business world?

Shalini became still at the mentioned of the name & Naveen noticed that.

Shalini- What would you do if I say that I know him🤨?

Nav- That means you do know him.... Right?

Shalini- I wish that I don't (sighing) but unfortunately yes..... I do know him to some extent! But why do you ask?

Nav- (ruffling his hair awkwardly) Well I don't think I'm qualified to explain that..... but can you please help Abhi & Arjun with this person? It'd be a great help for us!! (She nodded hesitately & Naveen thanked her & was about to leave when she stopped him.)

Shalini-  Wait Major! I've something to say too.... (She paused to glanced at his face.) about Naina! 

Nav- (anxiously) What happened to her.... Did she get injured or has fallen sick....  Is she alright?

Shalini- (patted his trembling hands) Calm down Major!! She is absolutely fine.... I'm taking about the emotional detachment between you two siblings.... (He stared her in confusion.)  Don't get me wrong I just wanted to know why you both act so distant with each other almost like formal?

Nav- (thinking deeply) Does it seemed like that....? (She nodded affirmatively.) Maybe then it's true & I'm the one who's at fault here.... If I'm not wrong then it's all happened after my silly joke. (He narrated the whole incident.) I didn't realise that how much Rajveer means to her.... Mai bhul gaya tha ki mai Naina ki life se kitne saal dur raha hoon aur ab uski life me kiski kya value hai. I was in my own world where everything was exactly same, nothing had changed according to me & the moment she said to stay away from her life.... I think I subconsciously believed all her angry rambling.... I let her angry words affect me & that's what lead us to this conversation!

Shalini- Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me Major & please..... (Embarassed) Don't get me as a noisy person I just wanted to maintain the peace & harmony among my colleagues 😅....

Nav- (smiling) I understand Dr! Thanks a million to you too & don't worry I'll sort out all this mess with Naina today only 🙂. 

Shalini - (beaming with joy) Really Major? (He chuckled seeing her enthusiasm & nodded positively) Then I'll give you a treat of....

Nav- Of homemade choco chips cookies??😃

Shalini- Ok👍🏻 Deal!!😊 (She excused herself as she went to talk with Abhi.)

Naveen was enjoying his coffee with the solitude when Suriji along with Priya entered there.

Priya- (frustrated) Uncle! Aap believe kyu nahi karte?

Suriji- Oye Putter! Tu believe karne layak bole tab toh mai believe karoon!! (Laughed at his own joke) Oye Haiiii kiii Naiii??

Priya- Ha. Ha. Ha... Very funny😑!! (She saw Naveen so she went to him). Good morning Maj. Ahluwalia!! If you're not busy then can we take your few minutes? (Pointing at Suriji & herself).

Nav- Umm Sure I guess... & Good morning to both of you!! What's the matter?

Priya- Do you remember Miss. Nandini Raheja? (Naveen went silent at the question.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meeting........

Vaibhavi along with the six Majors were present there.

Vaibhavi- The maintainence work has been going on so far without any problem & it's expected to be completed by tonight......  (All sighed in relief.) & One more thing Brig. Chandok ne kisi bhi tarah ke farewell party se saaf inkaar kar diya hai so no party...... (Their faces fell down in dismay.) Except for the fresher's ball. (They beamed with joy.)

Raj- It's on this weekend...... Right?

Nav- What do you mean by weekend..... (Glanced at his watch) It's only 48 hours away from now!

Vaibhavi- Is that a problem Major?🤨

Nav- Yes Ma'am...  I mean it's not a big deal but still there's so much to do in much less time.....  

Arjun- Everthing has been done by the Lieutenants in the supervision of (Pointing towards Vaibhavi.) Ma'am only.

Nav- No... No... I didn't talk about that.... As I already know that they'll do absolute best.... I was saying about the other preparations like selecting clothes according to the theme, getting a date only if it's mandatory for entry.... grooming ourselves etc... etc.... (while rambling he forgot that his superior is still there, he realised when others pointed out in her direction.) To do these things, we need time.... Right?😨

Vaibhavi was keenly observing everything with a calm poker face which was causing havoc among the terrorised Majors.

Vaibhavi- 1. Theme is "Unity In Diversity".
2. Dress code is Saree for ladies & Kurta / Sherwani for men.
3. No date required as for the security purpose no outsider is allowed. Only military personnel & their families.
& Last but not least 4. I feel 48hrs are more than enough for your grooming session Major. Crystal? (They nodded in yes & Vaibhavi excused herself to draft the notice about the Fresher's Ball.)

When she left Naveen was showered with punches & few colourful words.
Karan- (Slapped his head suddenly) Saale!! Tujhe ab ye bhi samjhana padega ki kiske samne kya bolna hai ya kaise behave karna hai.... Ha😒?

Nav- Ouch!! (Rubbing the spot where he hit) Aree sorry na yaar!! Mujhe na KMA me feel hi nahi hota hai ki Mai on duty hoon yahaan mujhe ekdam ghar wali feeling aati hai aur mai bhavnaon me bheh jata hun 😅.... (Others-😮‍💨) Par yaar ye Vaibhavi Ma'am kitni cold hai aisa lagta hai jaise ye refrigerator me rehti hain (mimicking her) 48hrs are more than enough.... Like seriously 😁  (Others-😒🙄.)

At the mention of Vaibhavi, Gunny's mind drifted back to his conversation with Vishal last night.

.....Flashback.....

When Gunny went to returned Vishal's wallet, he found the latter thoroughly looking for it in the corridors. So, he went near to him.

Gunny- (forwarding his wallet) Kahi aap ye toh nahi dhoondh rahe hai Sir?

Vishal- (Noticed Gunny & his wallet) Oh... Yeah! Thanks Major! (Checking the photo inside the wallet.) I thought I lost it for good. It means a lot. Thanks once again!

Gunny- No problem Sir!! (Scratching his head awkwardly) & I'm really sorry for intruding your privacy but I've already seen the photo in your wallet & now I'm little bit curious (smiling guiltily).

Vishal shook his head seeing his junior's antics, he sighed & said.

Vishal- (chuckling) Seriously Major! There's nothing worth being curious about..... (Eyeing the pic dreamily) It's now just a reminder of the beautiful dream which once I had dreamt to live but..... Let's say not all dreams are meant to be true.

Gunny- (confused) Beg your pardon Sir! What had happened?

Vishal- (smiling sadly) We're not talking about any Shakespearean drama Major where the love stories left incomplete due to class, society or family differences. Mine was due to lack of communication. (Sighing while staring in nothing.) It has been more than 15 years but I'm still struck at that time. You want to know something funny Major? (He asked Gunny with a nostalgic smile but didn't let him answer.) We never really confessed about our feelings to each other, we did talk about our likes, dreams & aims but we never really discussed about "Us".
We just assumed that whatever we had would be forever which was indeed a grave misconception. Maybe if we'd clearly talked about us, then she would have trusted me enough to share her desire to join army. You know she has always been this much disciplined & determined or as you all say hard headed (He chuckled while Gunny looked like a guilty student who's caught calling names to his teacher). She was my junior full of life & passion & also she's the reason why I'm here. I tried to move on from her but.... (He looked away to hide his tears.) Ahh! You make me a sentimental old man Major!😅 I'll take your leave.... It's already too late but mind it that we don't have this conversation... Ok? So Good night Major! (Gunny nodded & wished him back.)

Gunny kept staring in the direction where Vishal went. He hadn't missed the twinkling of his eyes & glowing smile while reminiscing his memories with Vaibhavi. He clearly saw the tears in his eyes & that's why he left abruptly. His thoughts went towards the only one who was actively ignoring his presence around her. At that moment, he finalized that this is the time when he also needed to about "us" with Vidya soon.

..... Flashback over.....

Karan- Gunny! Where are you lost bro? I've been calling you for sometime now....

Gunny- Nothing... Nothing important & sorry what are you saying?

Arjun- We're talking about the mysterious "VD". Thanks to Shalini we now have the required information about this person. (Naveen coughed loudly to gain attention & others rolled their eyes.)

Raj- (Jokingly) & Of course all this happened due to this (pointing at Naveen) useless person who was surprisingly useful for this once. (Slow clapping in the background.)

Nav- (sulking) Ye kya baat Hui ha😟... Bali ka bakra banoo main & you all don't even appreciate it! You send me in front of her even knowing already that she doesn't like talking about this.

Karan- Hold on!! We didn't send you... You're the one who suggested it in the first place.... (Naveen was baffled.)

Gunny- Okay so if you all are done can we now discuss the important matter?

Nav- What was that?🤔

All- NAVEEN!!!😠

Abhi- (scribbled something on the board) So Dr. Shalini told me that the full name of "VD" is Viraj Dobriyal. He was an orphan & had started a start-up in the tech industry with some of his college mates almost a decade ago financed by some unknown source after then there's no looking back & now he has merged with the Gehlot industries. He likes to be mysterious hence he is mostly incognito.

Raj- But then how does Dr Shalini know so much about him... Karan! don't you know him... (He shook his head negatively, so he asked Abhi.) Did she tell you anything?

Abhi- (he looked around awkwardly) He was her ex-husband's bestfriend. (All passed looks with each other in understanding & Naveen's demeanor changed drastically.)

Gunny- This person is too suspicious... We definitely need to watch him....

Raj- I agree with you but how? We haven't even know his face.

Abhi- Umm... Guys! I've something more to say.... He has been trying to reach Dr. Shalini for sometime now.... (All became stunned, he looked at Naveen.) Remember the flower bouquet which hit you on the head was also from him (Naveen made a grimace face remembering the impact). & She has mentioned that if we need (he paused.) She will contact him. She has his contact number & she named it as "Venom".

They chuckled a little at that but after that there was complete silence for sometime.
Karan- (in a serious tone) I think we should ask her to help us. (Others looked at him bewildered.) What.... Why are you all looking at me like this? Look guys! I get your concerns but dude I know her very well. She is far more stronger than we think, she'll be alright. (They all looked convinced by his words.)

Raj- Chauhan! (Smiling mischievously) This time you'll talk to her...
Abhi- (surprised) Why me? This is not done Raj...  (Both started their banter.)

Naveen looked at them fondly & remember his conversation with Priya & Suriji in the morning.

.... Flashback....

Priya- Kya aapko Miss. Nandani Raheja yaad hai Major...? The one who has come here in a special cadet exchange program for 6 months. (Naveen was still silent.) Umm... The one who mostly used to hangout with Maj. Chauhan & Maj. Shekhawat... The one who opted out before the completion of program stating some personal issues....

Nav- Wait... Wait... Take a break to breathe & yes I do remember her... (Muttering curses under his breath.) That troublemaker... Problem magnet!!

Priya- Umm... Did you say something?😕

Nav- Nope!! But are you both arguing about her this early morning?

Both nodded positively & before Priya opened her mouth to say something, Suriji started.
Suriji- Ek minute oye!! Mai batata hoon.... Hum dono purane dino ko yaad kar rahe the ki waqt kaise beet jo kabhi cadets hua karte hai aaj officers ban gaye hai... Wagerah-wagerah...

Nav- 🤔Iss baat par toh argument ho hi nahi sakta..

Suriji- (irritated) Oye khotayaa!! Tu puri gaal sunnega tab toh tujhe samjh aayega... Ha toh kaha tha mai... (he paused for a moment.) Ha! Toh baaton- baaton me isne (indicating to Priya.) Ki tumlogo ke batch ki sabse badi musibat Nandini thi... (Naveen raised his eyebrows in alert.) Wo ek tarah se aafat ki gudiya thi tumlogo ke liye... Ab tu bata ye bhi koi maane wali baat.... Aree wo bachhi toh kitni pyari aur sabki care karne wali thi wo bhala kyu kisiko takleef degi...? Tumlogo ke batch ke sabse bare sardard toh tum swayam the... (Chuckling) Haiii kii naiii?

Nav- (fake laughing) Bilkul sahi kaha aapne Suriji.... Issi baat pe aaj naste me aapke haathon ke special parathe ho jaye?😁

Suriji- (in his usual jolly mood) Kyu nahi jarur oye... (He excitedly went to the kitchen doing Bhangra on the way.)

Priya- (perplexed by his words) Do you really agree with Suriji's opinion?

Nav- (stared at happy Suriji) Not even 0.01%!! (Priya-🤨) I just don't want to ruin his perfect image of that vile girl. But if you don't mind can I ask you why you think like that about her... Any particular reason?

Priya- (sighed) Well I've reasons...
1. She was not genuine. She pretended to be caring & loving all that but I've clearly heard her cursing about everyone around especially to you three.
2. She was very manipulative too & also didn't like me & the feeling was mutual. (Naveen suppressed his giggles.)
Last but not the least 3. My father had mentioned something suspicious about her too.

Nav- (tensed) Col. Chandra? (She nodded in yes.) You know if someone else has said these things I would have doubted the credibility but I've heard about your photogenic memory so I believe you & even I didn't like her as well.😅

Priya- (smiling faintly) Suriji wants to meet her once before his retirement, it's in his wishlist. So I blurted out about her in rage & that led to the argument.

Nav- I can understand... But you don't worry I'll fix it for sure. (She smiled so brightly that he got dèja vu of Shalini from some moments earlier.)

Naveen talked with Shakti Chandra & his doubts grew more stronger. He was informed that Nandini wasn't supposed to be in the program, she was added last minute so there was no complete data about her. Chandra also mentioned that the girl's record from her former academy was also forged & when she dropped out of the program she simply vanished into the thin air.

Naveen thanked him for the information & got lost in his thoughts. He remembered vividly how the girl entered into their lives more precisely between Abhi & Raj's friendship & turned everything upside down like a storm.

She first asked for help from Raj in classes & then became friends with Abhi with the excuse of understanding his loneliness & blah-blah. He had also felt her dislikeness towards himself but he chose to ignore at that time. Now he was feeling like a complete fool for not realising her foul mood in his presence earlier.

He still remember the chaos aroused due to her sudden disappearance. Abhi feeling sad & quite mourning about the loss of his one genuine friend & the fact that she only told Raj about her decision & he was the only person who was seen with her before her disappearance didn't sit very well among the friends.

.... Flashback over ....

Raj- (snapping his fingers in front of him) Hey Naveen! Where are you lost now? (He looked around as he noticed that he was zoned out.) You good?

Nav- (nodding his head fastly) Yeah! I'm more than good just hungry 😋... So Let's go to mess... Today's breakfast is aloo ke parathe 🤤... So hurry up!!

Yelling loudly he ran away towards the mess while others just laughed at his enthusiasm but joined him too.
Naveen made a note to not repeat his past mistakes & he was definitely not letting anyone to enter between their friendship.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The atmosphere in the mess was more lively & cheerful than usual as everyone was excited about the Fresher's Ball.

Huda- Oye yaaro!! Tumhe humara fresher's ball yaad hai...? (Longingly) Kitna mazaa aaya tha na uss time....

Naina- Rajveer sir ka dance yaad hai 😍?

Puja- Ye bhi koi delete hone wali memory hai ☺️

Like this the Captain started reminiscing their old days & shared funny stories of the events with each other. They were laughing merrily & carefreely as they were sitting in another corner far from their seniors'ears.

Purvi- Seriously Shalini Di ke date Brig. Chandok the... (got an approving nod) OMG!!😂

Rummy- But yaar hume Fresher's party nahi mili thi 😑... That's so sad!!

Akriti- Oye hero Hiralal!! Bhul gaye Ambala ke sabse happening place ka shot?🤨

& Now the lieutenants told them about their punishment party at D4 Dhaba.

During the breakfast Abhi asked Shalini for her help to which she agreed gladly. Naveen also took his first step towards mending his relationship with his Gudiya by offering her his share of curd which she was more than happy to accept & the sibling duo started to gradually went back to the happy days like earlier.

Gunny tried to talk with Vidya who as usual ignored him completely but he sighed sadly hadn't accepted his defeat.

-------------------------------------------------------------

In the evening.......

Abhi- Alekh! Aap humare sath kal Delhi aa rahe hai na...? You know she'll be there as well..

Alekh- Yes sir! I'll go with you... Par aur kaun hoga humare sath?

Abhi- No one just Dr. Shalini... She has a important meeting at 11:00 hrs. I'll be with her till the meeting & after that we'll join you guys & then we'll directly go for  lunch at her favourite restaurant... (Mischievously) Is that ok with you?

Alekh- (blushing) Kya Sir!!?😳 Jaise aapko theek lage 😊

----------------------------------------------------------------

At the same time Chaubey informed NavRaj about someone which made them visibly tensed.

Nav- Chaubey! Tum 100% sure ho na ki kal wo waha jarur aayegi?

Chaubey- 💯 & 10% Sirji.... Mere pass pakki khabar hai... Wo kal jarur aayegi!

Naveen dismissed Chaubey when he noticed Raj lost in thoughts. Chaubey saluted them & left. He placed his hand on hi shoulder which broke his trance of thoughts. He looked around frantically & asked about Chaubey.

Nav- He left few moments ago. (He nodded in a daze.) Raj! Do you seriously wants to go there? I can understand if you don't want to but if you're... Are you ready for this?

Raj- (smiled faintly seeing his concerns) I'll be.... No scratch that... (with a determined look) I've to be....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next day......

Abhi, Alekh & Shalini left early in the morning for Delhi & almost like an hour later NavRaj went in the direction as well.

Almost 4hrs later, Alekh halted the car at some distance from a luxurious cafe & dropped Abhi & Shalini there.
Alekh- I'm leaving now....

Shalini- Be careful while driving & we'll meet you at the court... So bye!!

Alekh went away. Then Shalini entered the cafe first while Abhi was tailing behind from a safe distance. When she first entered, she immediately caught the glance of an arrogant looking man who was smirking egoistically while sitting on the chair.

VIRAJ DOBRIYAL

VD- (standing to greet her) Hello Shalini! Glad to see you... Please have a seat...

Shalini- (sitting grumpily) Wish I could say the same🙄... What do you want?

VD- As usual no nonsense, no beating around the bushes direct to the main point & That's what makes you special😏....

Shalini- If you're trying to waste my time then I'm leaving. Goodbye! (As she was about to leave, VD stopped her.)

VD- Stop right there Bhabhiji, (She cringed at that.) if you don't want to cause trouble for your colleagues.

Shalini- What do you mean?😠

VD- I mean it Bhabhiji! I was dealing with utmost patience since it's regarding you whom I admire to some extent. But as you know just a single complaint to the health ministry & your company's reputation will be tarnished. (Shalini was hell furious by his words.) I'm here to talk about business. I've a proposal for collaboration, so I want you to cooperate on it. It will be a win-win situation for both of us.

Shalini- (Slammed the table angrily) Stop with the nonsense Mr. Dobriyal!! Never in a millennium I would like to be in connection with you horrible people. Never ever!! Forget about business.

VD- As you wish but don't blame me afterwards what'll happen! (Shalini stomped away in anger without minding his words.)

He chuckled wickedly & messaged someone to proceed with the planning.

____________________________________________________________

A girl in her mid or late 20's was waiting for someone while sitting anxiously on the bench glancing nervously at the people entering & exiting the courtroom, when someone called her name.

"Miss Gehlot?!"

The girl slowly turned towards the voice fearfully.

She completely turned around & saw NavRaj standing behind her with poker face staring at her without any expressions on their faces.

She was so terrified seeing them that she got a panic attack & started to loss concious about the surrounding. NavRaj saw her with confusion as they're not sure what's happening & what were they to do?

She was about to fall on the ground when someone caught her. She opened her eyes with great difficulty to saw her saviour's face & passed a weak smile towards him.

Raj- (sternly) What are you doing here Alekh?

Nav- (coldly) Leave her Alekh... You don't even know her.... She is.... (got interrupted by Alekh.)

Alekh- (angrily) "She's my WIFE!!"

Alekh roared loudly at them.

Sneha Sharma ñee Gehlot
(Aka Sherry)

Thanks for reading 🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 973 9
A lot of things changes for Naina after Rajveer is arrested in Colonel Shakti Chandra's murder case. Naina knows her mentor, her Rajveer sir, her LOV...
1.2K 99 2
This story starts from the Rajveer court martial, mujhe hemesha s lgta tha ki , kaas naina rajveer ko bacha leti uss episode m kaas ....to soacha ki...
31.2K 1.5K 29
Hey friends !!!! This is my first fanfiction and the beautiful bond between anidita from barrister babu inspired me to write this. It is not same as...
36.3K 1K 12
This is a short story based on the popular Hindi serial Left Right Left, on my beloved Rajveer-Naina! This story will take place after the time when...