Blue Souls

By ned_evergreen

The past 4 years have been very rough for Alec. He joined a choir halfheartedly, giving himself a chance to f... More

Prologue
Disclaimer
Chapter 1: Un-fateful Encounter
Chapter 2: Class Meeting
Chapter 3: Care, Anyone?
Chapter 5: Birds and Deliveries
Chapter 6: Dishonor
Chapter 7: All in One Day
Chapter 8: Date/s
Chapter 9: Three's a Crowd
Chapter 10: Pretty Little Lies
Chapter 11: A Walk Down Memory Lane
Chapter 12: Old Wounds, New Wounds
Chapter 13: Closure
Chapter 14: Strawberries and Guitars
Chapter 15: Red Birthdays
Chapter 16: The Performance
Chapter 17: Signal Lost

Chapter 4: A Trap, Obviously

24 12 0
By ned_evergreen

Just in case you were wondering, the clinic was a separate building from the main building. It's quite far from all the offices and classrooms, but near the gymnasium, soccer field, and main gate.

The room he was in was just a small one. There was just a bed, a table and a chair inside, one window on the side, but not even a TV.

By the window, there was that bench-type space that could fit an average-sized person lying down. It had a long foam to make it comfy.

There was no bathroom and the closest one was one door away outside. It was just meant to be a resting area where patients were put into.

Nope, he wasn't staring at me. He was staring at the door.

"Oh, but of course, your highness," I turn around to close the door while making an annoyed face.

My phone buzzes and I receive another text.

"Had work to do. Take care of him. TY," said the text.

Gee, thanks, Prof. Emerald.

"It's okay to sit down, you know," he noticed that I was facing the door this whole time.

"Oh, no. I was just reading a text I got from Prof. Emerald."

"No, I think you're just shy."

Men and their assumptive attitudes, am I right?

"So, what did the doctor say?"

"Not much. It's nothing serious. It's happened before, so you don't need to worry."

Happened before? That's odd.

"You mean you've been in a fight?"

He shifted his position while trying to speak, "That's not what I mea- ow!"

His body was obviously still sore from all the punches.

"Hey. Take it easy... bro."

Seriously? Bro?

He lets out a deep sigh.

"You shouldn't have intercepted me and Dylan," I decide to tell him.

"Yeah. I think I shouldn't have. Then you'd be the one lying down on this bed all sore."

"He'd never hurt me if that's what you were trying to prevent."

"Oh yeah? Explain that to your wrist."

I look down at my wrist and notice that it was a bit purple.

I didn't realize this until now. How could I have forgotten about myse- oh wait. He happened.

Just like any other weakling high school boy, I'm vulnerable every little thing.

"You should get some ice for that," he says, but looks away.

"Yeah, I guess," I stood up and headed towards the door.

"Wait!"

Ugh, what now?

I turn around and he's got this smirk on his face.

"My bag?"

"Oh! Of course! Ahehe."

It was still on my back and I have forgotten about that as well.

What is up with me and forgetting stuff today? Idiot.

~

The sun's going down. We better get going.

Campus curfews, of course. No loitering, they say, yet the security guards are eager to give you infractions without listening what you had to say. Luckily, tomorrow is a campus holiday, so they're less strict on the day before.

I head back to the room with an ice pack on my wrist. Knocking on the door is such a struggle right now, but I managed to make an audible knock.

I turn the doorknob and push the door slowly. I start to remember that I was still annoyed at him, only to find out that he was sleeping soundly on the bed.

I guess getting back home now is not much of an option.

He looked so peaceful in his sleep. I approached the bed to get a closer look.

What's happening? Why are my legs moving on their own? AAAHH!

His head lay softly in on the pillow like it was floating on air. His curly hair had gone stiff from sweat but it looked as neat as ever. His eyes were closed yet they seemed so relaxed. His bottom lip had a cut, yet they look like...

And the next thing I know, his eyes were already opened while I was a foot away from his face.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

"UMM, NOTHING! Just checking your wounds is all."

He doesn't reply.

Another awkward moment, yet again.

"So... I think we should be heading back now. It's getting kinda late and I don't want to get closed out of the cafeteria."

"I don't think I can walk that far in this condition. My whole body hurts."

True. I don't want to akbay you all the way back. Skin to skin contact is a no-no.

"Okay, but we still have to get out of here. The clinic closes in about an hour."

"Relax. I told the nurse that I'd stay here for the night. Besides, I won't be alone."

This guy is really getting on my nerves.

"I don't buy it. What are you? Some kind of special case?"

"You can say that. Come on. It's just for one night. You can help me leave tomorrow. We'll even order fast food delivery if you want to. My treat."

Can't say no to that. Who would turn down a good offer if it comes for free? No, wait.

"Okay, but what's the catch?"

"There is no catch. You just take care of me like Prof. Emerald told you to do so."

This feels awfully weird. He's getting everything he wants. Who knows what he'll do to me during the night?

"Alright. But on one condition. Behave."

"I'm practically disabled. There's nothing I can do that'll hurt you more than it will hurt me."

"Fine. I'm going to call the restaurant now."

"Getting ahead of ourselves, aren't we?"

I roll my eyes at him.

"I'm just kidding, sheesh," he laughs.

"What are you getting?"

"I'll have two burger meals. I need something to fill me up tonight."

That sounds disgusting. And FYI, I just asked for your order, not your needs.

"Okay. Anything else?"

"Nope, that's it. You can get anything you like."

"Oh, I will."

I'm gonna need a cup of orange juice with my usual chicken meal for this. And to complete it, a side of fries.

I talk to the agent on the phone and give her our orders and she says that it'll take thirty minutes to get here.

Great, now I have to keep him occupied for thirty minutes.

The nurse knocks on the door and comes inside.

"You're gonna be needing this." She hands me a pillow and a blanket.

I turned red and he lets out a giggle.

"Um, thank you?"

"You're welcome."

She exits the room and we're both left inside the room. We're both left in the building, I should say, rather.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 3.3K 58
โ€ข๐—–๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑโ€ข |๐—ฌ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ช๐—ฎ๐—ฟ'๐˜€ ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐Ÿ“Under editing for grammatical error and better writing. No change for storyline will be made. ๐Ÿ“Pl...
1.2M 53K 80
This story is complete โœ… Alec is a twenty-five year old gentle boy with the looks of an angel. He has not figured out what he needs in love yet and h...
8.2K 647 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...
36.6K 1K 31
[BXB] "Promise me you'll stay strong, for me, for us" Smiling at the older boy below him Blake rested his forehead upon Alec's. "I promise" Hearin...