RULES | JJ MAYBANK

By Madallie

john b and his twin sister, on an adventure to find their father who went missing to have a good time all the... More

cast list
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
eight.
nine.
ten.

seven.

3.7K 37 30
By Madallie

"i dont have a good feeling"
"its fine baby"

"He said it looked something like this," Kie told us pointing to the map someone drew. I can't keep up with it all honestly. Anyway, Sarah, Kie, and I are all sitting in the Twinkie waiting for everyone to get ready, and Kie explaining everything that we need to know.

"So..."

"That's 50 feet down, and they're using 100. So I'm guessing this little wagon will go..." me and Sarah laughed as it was hard to see what this picture was trying to tell us. "... straight to the gold."

"Who drew this?" Sarah asked laughing.

"Who do you think?" Kie said and we all looked over to where Pope and John B were working.

"Kie! This better work," JJ complained walking over to the car and dropping two bars of gold on the floor. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

"It's gonna work," Kie told him grabbing a flame thrower.

We all watched JJ and Kie melt down the bars of gold then got into the Twinkie to go pawn it off.

-

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein," JJ complained towards Kie as we all got out of the van.

"Like you could've done any better."

"I could've done much better. I took a welding class," JJ told her.

John B shushed their fighting, "Chill out, okay?"

"It's easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off," JJ complained. "How did me and y/n get this job anyway?"

" 'Cause your the best liar, and y/n's really scary to fight with," Pope told him.

"Afternoon ma'am," JJ said as we both walked in the pawn shop.

"Afternoon."

"We see you buy gold," JJ said as if it wasn't obvious.

"That's what the sign say, don't it," the lady said rudely, bitch.

"Well, I sure hope you buy a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind," JJ told her.

"I ain't got much mind left to blow, so have at it," she said uninterested.

"Trust me we can tell," I spoke up. I hate rude people. Like I'm mean, but I'm not rude.

She was about to say something else back to me, but JJ put the gold on the counter, "How about them gold apples?'

"That ain't real."

"That ain't real?'

"I can't be."

"Feel how heavy it is," JJ told her.

She picked it up and JJ continued to tell her tests to do like, testing the softness, light, and acid. You know boring shit.

"Ooh, the acid test! My favorite, guys," he said turning to the rest of the Pogues.

"Well, it ain't plated, and it ain't painted."

"Ma'am, I'm telling ya, this is as real as the day is long," JJ told her.

"It looks like somebody tried to melt it down."

"My mom. She had all this jewelry laying around the house, and she thought it was best to-- to melt it down. To "consolodate" it," JJ lied.

"Seven pounds? That's alot of earrings."

"Okay, to be honest, ma'am," here comes the sob story. "... it's really hard to see me mom fall apart with Alzheimer's."

"Give me a minute."

"Take your time ma'am."

-

We ended up agreeing on 70 thousand, but they didn't have that much on them and we had to go to a warehouse. I didn't know why, but I had a really bad feeling about this.

John B was driving, Sarah in the passenger seat, Pope and Kie sat on the very back seat.

Me and JJ sat on the seat across from the sliding door, his arm around my waist, while I rested my head on his shoulder. Not gonna lie I didn't sleep much last night. iykyk.

"So they keep money out here?" Pope asked.

"That's what she said," JJ told him before chuckling and repeating himself. "That's what she said."

"Stop."

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive," Sarah spoke up.

" 'Cause your rich," JJ told her.

"You've never heard of it either," Kie backed Sarah up. I knew it worked.

"Thank you."

"There's nothing but weeds back here," Kie complained.

"All right, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..." JJ started but was interupted by sirens.

"Cops? Out here?" Kie asked just as confused as I was.

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ yelled waking me the rest of the way up.

"What did we do?" Sarah asked.

"JJ?" I whispered.

"Hmm?" he hummed sitting back down next to me.

"Why are we getting pulled over?" Pope asked.

"I don't have a good feeling," I told him still whispering.

"It's fine, baby," he told me hearing how worried I was.

"Stash that," John B told JJ who had re-wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Chill guys."

"Put it--"

"I hate cops," JJ complained.

"Did you bring the gun?" John B asked.

"No. Okay? Everybody told me to leave it back at the place," JJ explained.

"Thank God. Please everything else in you bag. How much weed do you have on you, bro?" Kie asked.

Everyone started freaking out as JJ scrambled up, bringing me with him still scrambling around until we hear a gun cock.

"Why don't I go ahean and see them hands in teh air?" the 'cop' asked. "All y'all's hands up in the air now! You, out of the car! Let's go!"

We all slowly raised our hands as John B was held at gun point. John B got out of the car his hands still raised.

"Out of the car! Right now! Let's go! Let them out! What are you waitin' on? What are you waitin' on? Let them out!"

John B opened the sliding door as the 'cop' continued to yell at us. Everyone else got out, JJ let me out before him keeping his hands up but quickly stepping in front of me once we were out.

"Lay down in the ditch! Lay done in the ditch! On your hands and knees! Down!"

We all layed in the ditch as he continued to yell directions at us.

"It's a setup, guys," Kie told us.

"That old bat shanked us," JJ said angry before hitting the ground. "Fuck! Goddamn it!"

"Calm down JJ," I whispered calming him.

That's when I got an idea. John B and I started getting up at the same time as Sarah and JJ tried to stop us. Twin telepathy is great.

We both quietly got up, not even trying to stop eachother, both knowing we wouldn't be able to.

We ran to his car and grabbed the keys. The guy started yelling, so me and John B both layed down in the backseat so he wouldn't see us.

He got in the front seat and John B elbowed him and grabbed the gun. They all started fighting JJ punching him and John B hitting him to the ground with a gun.

I climbed into the front seat grabbing the gold. Sarah hit him with the car door and everyone continued to hit and kick him.

"I know this piece of shit!" JJ yelled after pulling down his mask. "He's a basehead!"

"Probably know my brother,"Sarah said.

"He sells coke to my dad," JJ continued to say angry.

"Listen, I couldn't hurt and single on of y'all--" he was cut off by JJ hitting him with the base of the gun again.

"JJ!"

"Dude, chill, man."

JJ grabbed the man's ID, "We got one last stop."

"Hey!"

"Let's go see where this son of a bitch lives."

"I'm gonna remember this shit!" he yelled from the ground. "You can't hide from me! I know exactly who y'all are! Huh? You're gonna see me again! You hear me?"

-

JJ pulled up to Barry's house and Sarah introduced us, " Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland."

"I don't know about this, man," Pope said worried.

"Dude, why are we at Barry's?" John B asked over it already.

"This'll only take a second."

"Where are you going?" John B asked again.

"Yo soy justicia."

"Did you glean anything from that?" Pope asked.

"You know somebody should probably--" Kie started getting cut off by JOhn B.

"Yeah, I got it."

Everyone got out, but I knew exactly where this was going and I'm not getting involved. We may be together now, but I'm not responsible for JJ's dumbass decisions.

"All right, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit," I heard from outside the door.

I immediatly blocked it out, humming to myself as JJ got into the back with me.

He looked at me, but I didn't say anything as he got back out continuing to fight with everyone.

Everyone got back in and we drove back home. As we drove I let a few tears fall down my face, my knees tucked into my chest.

-

"Look, he'll come around,all right? It's... He's doing a JJ thing," John B told us.

We're all at the Wreck talking about how we're going to get to the gold.

"You think he'll go home?" Kie asked.

"There's about a zero percent chance JJ goes home," Pope told her. "Okay. It's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal. So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. Bring it all up at once. Put it in-- in a safe or a vault or something. I-- I don't know. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. I can go figure it out tonight, get it done, and we can be out there tomorrow morning."

"All right, let's do it."

"What about that thing with my dad?" Sarah asked John B.

"Shit."

"What thing?" Pope asked.

"I have to go fishing with Ward."

"You can't get 400 mil cause you're gonna go kill fish?" Kie asked.

"Look, I have to go."

"Blow it off," Pope told him. "It's 400 million in gold!"

"Make something up."

"Look, I-- I have to go, okay?" JB told them. "He... he saved me, all right? If it weren't for Ward, me and y/n would be in foster care. So... I have to go. Plus, it'll be better to do it at night. Right?"

"Fine. Fine, go fishing," Pope told him.

"And at least JJ will probably have washed up by then," Kie said.

-

The rest of the day me, Kie, and Pope gave  JJ some time for himself. Then we went back to my house to finish setting up the rest of our plan.

"We gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning," Pope told us.

"Okay, well, we gotta focus," Kie told him.

"I know. It's gonna be fine."

"It better work, because if we don't get the money I got shot at, multiple time may I add, for no reason," I said from the back seat annoyed.

"Anyway, we got John B and JJ inside the well, and me up top. You two and Sarah will be outside transporting," Pope eplained to us.

"Yeah, we got this."

"Uh, I got a winch," Pope said.

"Yeah."

"That tin can hold over like... 200, 300 pounds," Pope explained to us.

"Thanks," Kie said to Pope. Lord if they are about to have a moment let it not be sexual.

"Uh, for what?" Pope asked.

"Stranding us. You know, making us make up," Kie explained to him. They both looked at eachother that 'look' in their eyes.

"What makes you think that was me?" Pope asked her. They really just forgot I was here.

All of a sudden we heard a whirring noise behind us and lights turned on.

"What the hell?"

"Who the hell is that?" Kie asked us.

"No idea," I responded. This is my house I definetly didn't do or buy any of this.

We walked around the trees blocking the person who had set this up. That's when I saw it JJ sitting wasted, at least I think, in a hot tub.

"What did you do, JJ?" Pope asked.

"I got a jet going straight up my butt right now," JJ told us trying to be funny. He had a bottle of beer in his hand and his hair was all messed us from being wasted. "Y'all should get in immediatly, you hear me?"

"How much did this cost?" Pope asked as JJ took a drink out of the beer bottle.

"Uh... Well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery... pretty much all of it, yeah," he told us.

"All of it?"

"Yeah, all of it."

"You spent all the money in one day?" Pope asked.

"Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket," JJ told us. "But, I mean, like, come on, guys, like, look at this! Finest jet-based massage therapy, that's what they told me."

"y/n, what?" he asked after seeing the disappointed look on my face. "Can't a man have a little luxury in life? Come on, all this scrimpin' and scrapin'... I mean, like... guys, we-- You only live once, right?" he said his voice cracking like he was going to cry. "Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on."

"In the what?" Kie asked.

"In the Cat's Ass. That's what I named her," he told us chuckling again. "Oh, hey, you, I almost forgot." He pressed a button on the remote causing the hottub to light up. "Huh? Yeah, that's right, I know. Disco mode. That's right, baby!"

"Are you kidding me? You could've payed for restitution!" Pope yelled at him.

"Or literally given it to any charity!" Kie continued.

I couldn't say anything, I was speechless. JJ was wreckless before, but never like this. I let a single tear slide down my face in disappointment and confusion.

"You could have helped us buy supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well!"

JJ stood up angrily revealing bruises all over his stomach and probably on his back, "Okay, well, you know what? I didn't do that! I got a hot tub! For my friends, and my girlfriend. I got a hot tub for my friends. No, you know what? Screw friends. I got a hot tun for my family! I got this for you!"

"JJ, what the hell?"

While the other two stood back concerned, I climbed into the hot tub bringing JJ into my arms. He pushed me away gently careful not to hurt me.

"Look what I did for you! Look at this! Look at this!"

"JJ," I said softly.

"No, you stop being emotional. It's fine, okay? I mean it's sweet, right?" Everything- Just get in!"

I slowly took a step closer to him, slowly wrapping my arms back around him to make sure he was okay with it.

This time he exepted wrapping his arms around my waist losely as I held him tight.

"I just couldn't do it," he sobbed. "I can't take him anymore! I was gonna kill him."

Kie and Pope joined the hug wrapping their arms around the both of us.

"I just wanna do the right thing," he told me.

"I know. I know."

-

I gently rubbed numbing cream on JJ's bruises as he sat on the counter in my bathroom and I stood between his legs.

By then he had sobered up, and he suprisingly remembered everything that had happened.

Kie and Pope are alsleep in the living room and John B's room. I finished putting the cream on and took the rubber gloves I was wearing off.

"I don't know if that will do anything, but it's numbing cream so it should help the pain, right?" I said gently as I really had no idea what I was doing.

"Thanks, baby," he said hoping off the counter and kissing my fourhead.

"JJ! y/n!" we heard Kie yell from the living room.

We quickly went to the living room to see both Kie and Pope standing there.

"Is something wrong?" I asked nervous.

"We were just wondering what JJ meant when he said he bought the hot tub for his girlfriend?" Pope asked.

"Um, suprise?" JJ said shrugging.

"I'm just confused, I mean not even a month ago you were y/n's background charactor," Kie questioned.

"Things change, I guess," I said nervous that they may be mad at us for breaking the rule.

"Look as long as this doesn't ruin your friendship if something happens then I think were all fine with it," Pope told us.

"John B won't be," Kie laughed.

"Oh lord."

-

I cryed writing this whole episode just because I knew what was coming up. I honestly am nervous to post this because that scene has to be written well or it doesn't show the emotion of JJ's charactor. Anyway I hope it meets y'alls expectations. Love you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

904 31 20
Raven and Rafe had left the Outer Banks together, with nothing but Rafe's daddy's money, love, and a dream to start over. Everything was happy in par...
72K 754 32
An original story where John b has a twin sister named Shea, they were closer then you would think. Being part of the Pogues there's one rule that ha...
56.5K 1.1K 58
เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ... เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš โ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฆ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ญ, ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐œ๐š๐ค๐ž.โž โ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐œ๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ, ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๏ฟฝ...
218K 8.2K 36
โ˜†ๅฝก ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ธ๐˜€ โ› bring me your mouth and your mystery! โœ sonny hated mysteries, but she was the biggest on...