Sargent Grey

By Lezaction

This is a Meradd fanfic and sorta Merder, but Derek meets Meredith at the hospital. In this story Meredith re... More

Dinner. Or so I thought
happy birthday.....Sargent Prt 2
Happy Freakin Halloween
Now Major
Try Again........
memories...proposal
not an update
Always and forever..

happy birthday ...Sargent Grey

363 12 5
By Lezaction

* 2 WEEKS LATER*

I managed to avoid both Shepherds for 2 weeks, but I could not avoid them no longer. Bailey came in to the lounge to tell us who we were assigned too.  

B: Yang your with Burke, Stevens your with He Shepherd, Grey your with She Shepherd, O'Malley the pit and Karev your with Robbins. 

As Bailey left I scoffed and made my way to Addison.  Dreading not wanting to work with her but she seemed to be in a good mood. Since I was cold to everyone at this point in time I really did not care about how they felt. The only time I showed emotion was when my brother or sister called, other than that  I was a piece of stone in my own body. She handed me the chart as we entered the room snapping me out of my trance. As I read over the chart she said:

A.M: Dr. Grey please present. 

M: Amanda Peterson 35, 26 weeks pregnant admitted because the fetus has a brain tumor that need to be taken out. I was about to continue when the patient interrupted me and said " Meredith". OMG! I squealed.

*convo between Amanda and Meredith*

M: Amanda it really has been a while.

A.P: Thanks to you I get to spend it with James. 

M: How is he by the way? I asked with most concern in my voice.

ADDISON POV

After I confronted Meredith 2 weeks ago about being Derek's wife, she avoided both of us. When it so happened we cross paths she would look like and empty soul walking. She showed no emotions what so ever, and I felt bad I don't understand why, I mean I should hate her. SHE SLEPT WITH MY HUSBAND FOR GAWD SAKES. So I was suprised when I saw her smiling when she realized who the patient was. I was admiring Meredith beautiful smile as I knew this was going to be a rare sight. I was still in my thoughts until someone shook my body with force.

A.M: Ow! What was that for?

A.P: Army strength still intact I see. Amanda said as she giggled. 

A.M: Army strength? I questioned. 

As soon as Amanda goes to answer Meredith cuts her off by saying:

M: Forget about what she said. The OR is ready for us. 

When she finished the sentence, there we scrub nurses coming in to take Amanda to the OR. So Meredith and I headed there also. As we arrived I saw as Meredith just walked pass Derek as if he does not exist. I thought to myself "this is going to me fun".

MEREDITH POV

When we entered the scrub room, I simply just walked passed Derek not wanting to notice his existence, and started scrubbing in.

D: So, Meredith you are not going to acknowledge the fact that I am here? he said harshly.

M: Yes Dr. Shepherd. There is a reason why I ended things between us the keyword being freaking END. So I have no needs to notice your existence, that's what you have you wife for. SO DR. SHEPHERD YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO ME UNLESS IT IS ABOUT OUR PATIENT. UNDERSTOOD. Now if you excuse me I'm going to talk to Amanda before they put her under. With that I left the scrub room and entered the OR to talk to Amanda leaving the two attendings looking dumbfounded. 

NO ONE'S POV

As the surgery began Addison made two small incision for Derek to insert the probes in. He was about to start the procedure when Meredith stopped him and said "Dr.Shepherd, as you can see the mother's stomach is starting to distend which means that the fetus is most likely shifting around. If you insert the probes there is a 90% chance that you will poke her heart and kill the baby instantly". she stated with confidence in her voice. Addison backed her up by looking at the screen and seeing that the patient abdomen was distended. " She's right. It is impossible for you to insert the probes and not puncture the fetuses heart without killing it". All his reply was: "Well this is it I guess". " J'aurais dû savoir que tu abandonnerais à la minute où quelque chose arriverait. t'es un imbécile".( I should have known you would give up the minute something happened. you are such an idiot.) Meredith said knowing that Addison nor Derek speaks French. She motioned for Addison too give her the probes. Addison hesitated for a moment the gave them to Meredith and she started the process.

She left the Shepherd's and the rest of the OR in shock as she did the surgery effortlessly and at the same time effectively. The procedure was done in less than a hour and Meredith the four most difficult sutures under one minute. When she was leaving to scrub out, she look up to the gallery and got a standing ovation from The Chief, Richard Webber, Dr Bailey, Callie, Arizona, Alex,Izzie,George and Cristina whom is her person but doesn't talk too much often after the Derek situation.

About an hour later Meredith was sitting at a nurses station catching up on some charts, when she got up to leave she saw, Bailey, Callie, Arizona, Addison,Derek, Alex, Cristina, George and Izzie coming up too her basically cornering her so she wont get away. So Meredith said coldy " What is this?" with a warning tone in her voice. Soon Marinda spoke up and said " We are all worried about you, and we are will to help." " I'm fine." Meredith said rolling her eyes. Soon enough Richard Webber came up to the group and said "Happy Birthday Meredith!" cheerfully. She scowled said "Thanks." They all stared in awe  when they saw this pained expression grew over her face, which they never saw any expression on her face. Arizona was the first to speak up and said " What's wrong honey?" " First off DO NOT CALL ME HONEY, and second of all today is my birthday and the people whom loves and cares for me are not here to celebrate with me.

Before any one could say anything else Meredith phone starts to ring, and whoever is calling Meredith sure makes her happy, because she is now grinning ear to ear like a idiot.

*convo between Meredith and Jackson*

J:Happy Birthday Mer. I miss you alot.

M: *giggles, Thank you. I miss you alot also.

J: So I see you are celebrating without me, April, Teddy, Megan and Nathan.

M: W-what, I'm not.....wait how do you know that. She said with a shocked expression on her face.

J: TURN AROUND! he stated excitedly.

*end of call*

She swiftly turned too the door,they followed behind her wondering why she turned. They face were laced with confusion except for Meredith when 10 army men busted through the door. 2 are in the back holding a banner that says Happy Birthday Sargent Grey with a picture of her in her army uniform. With that everybody except Meredith shouted Sargent Grey!in shock and confusion. As the soldiers quickly made a path 5 on each side. Then come down 5 army other army soldiers. Meredith almost burst into tears, but she quickly composed herself and shouted:"LILIEUTENANTS ATTENTION". She had this army voice that was very much a turn on for Addison. All the army soldiers obeyed. Then she quickly said "at ease."

When the returned to there normal composure she ran up to hug them but they had a different thought.

*convo between Nathan, Jackson, Meredith,Megan,Teddy and April.

T&A: Nope! Not so fast.

MR: You have too do the dance.

M: But I dont want too. Atleast not here.

J&N: If you don't we will leave,and not return.

M: Fine! Meredith said as he rolled her eyes and smiled. As she hear the music playing completely forgetting that she was in her hospital hallway  surrounded by all her co-workers, she began to sway her hips to the music as stiff as ever because she didn't want to dance. Until Jackson said " girl you better sway what mama tought you to sway", and April, Megan and Teddy joined her was when she felt the grove.

" Baaa-aby I like your style". The music stated. When that happened Meredith and April dropped to the floor swaying their hips. They were all in their little bubble, they had not noticed that Cristina was recording because she wanted to savor this moment because she knew this the one time she say he person this happy.

She was so happy and into the dance blocking out everyone except for her army family that she had not realized a man grinding on her.Of course this made Derek & Addison extremely jealous because simply he was in love with her and for Addison. She didn't quite know why but she had grown feelings for this Stunning human being.

*MEREDITH POV*

As I turned around to the front of me, I see everyone standing there shocked at me dancing. I simply smiled and turned back around and continued. As I was swaying my hips I felt someone grinding onto me so I got protective of myself and punched them to the ground. All I heard was "You go Grey". coming from everybody. As i turned to give the person another one but I quickly realized it was my bestfriend "Mark". was all I could say before I helped him up and hugged him ever so tightly. I was interrupted by Bailey saying "Grey who are all these people, and why are they calling you Sargent." she said out of anger and curiosity.

  "Well Dr.Bailey if you must know, This is Jackson Avery my brother, April Kepner my sister, Teddy Altman,Megan Riggs and Nathan Riggs, we all served in the army for 5 years. I was known as Sargent Grey so I was practically their bosses, still am. We were also known as the surgical dream team. Mark and I met during my internship and has been my bestfriend ever since.

M.S & J: Did you get your board results yet?

M: No I have not. I get them soon tho

Everyone said at the same time: "Why do you need your board results".

"Well um Im turning 31 and and we all got to skip a few year during med school and in grade school. We all completed our residency in the UK and we took our boards. They all looked at Mark, Jackson, Nathan, April, Teddy, Megan and I with this dumbfounded look on their face.

Teddy, Nathan said " We are double board certified in Trauma and Cardio".

Jackson said "I am triple board certified in Trauma and Plastic and Cardio.

Mark simply stated " Im a board certified Plastic surgeon

Then April and Megan said  "We are board certified in Trauma".

Once they finished Bailey and the others looked at me to see what I had to say so I began......

" Well I Sargent Grey am quadruple board certified in Neo-Natal, Trauma, General and Neuro surgery. I stated nonchalantly

"Well umm... congratulations Grey we are proud". Callie said.

Jackson quickly said" Well mom jets is landing in 30 minutes so we need to get you home to get ready for the Grey-Avery dinner, then we will go back to the
house for your proper birthday celebration.

"Well umm.. since I had no option to choose from well I guess you all are invited. I  will send the details via email, but if your coming walk with swimsuits and if you're planning on drinking bring pajamas also, because this is a Grey-Avery party.

Andwith that Sargent Grey was off with her friends and family to get ready some for the dinner and some for the party.....

I had to stop here it 1 in the morning. Im going to sleep anyways here is some fruits 🍇🍉🍒🍓🫐. Have a nice day :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.2K 2.2K 50
Her secret is safe, but she is not. Will Derek be able to see her suffer but not help her? Meredith Grey , the smart and gorgeous daughter of Ellis...
35.1K 937 33
AU: Derek cheats on Meredith after their argument about the Alzheimer's trial. Meredith couldn't bare Seattle anymore, seeing him every day - leavin...
11.9K 611 26
Meredith Grey is 26 and works as an intern at Seattle Grace hospital what happens if she is in the ER one day and gets a case. What happens if that p...
20.3K 524 25
This is a merder au story. - Meredith lives in New York and Derek lives in Seattle. After a traumatizing event, Meredith leaves New York to start a n...