Shielded [On Hold]

By chillpenguin98

All Entie Eric Steele wants is to protect the city, Calabrye, from the low-class cities filled with anti-mona... More

Shielded
Chapter One: A New Day
Chapter 2 Part One: A Problem
Chapter 2 Part Two: The Decision
Chapter Three: Wrong
Chapter Four: Excluded
Chapter Five: Leave Me
Chapter Six: Homesick
Chapter Seven: Stars & Wishes
Chapter Eight: Fire
Chapter Nine: Vacant Eyes
Chapter Ten: The Meeting with the Lady
Chapter Eleven: Roses are Red and so is Anger
Chapter Twelve: One step at a Time
Chapter Thirteen: White Flag
Chapter Fourteen: Forgot my Dancing Shoes and my Mind
Chapter Fifteen: Reminisce and Indulge
Chapter Sixteen: Forbidden
Chapter Seventeen: Parade Mood Swings
Chapter Nineteen: Prepare
Chapter Twenty: When Can I See You Again?
Chapter Twenty-One: Finally Him
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Knight in Shining Armor
Chapter Twenty-Three: Here With Me

Chapter Eighteen: My One and Only Entie

109 4 2
By chillpenguin98

Chapter Eighteen: My One and Only Entie

The afternoon came to a sudden rush after my last encounter with Eric. Lunch passed by easily and I couldn't help to think that time was going by too fast. Not that I was complaining, of course I wanted the day to go on rapidly. I wanted to wear my dress for God's sake and feel like a real Princess with perfect hair, nicely done make-up, and of course the fashionable dress. I just wanted everything to blur by just so that I could dream about it.

I was sitting down on the iron chair with cotton padding, outside of the Castle of course. Nothing could ruin this beautiful day, even if it was currently dragging on as the time elapsed. The serenity of the area, the nature, made me drowsy. Slowly, yet consciously, I slipped into a nice place that even I couldn't avoid.

***I was crying. Crying? Why on Earth would I be crying at such a time of happiness? Perhaps I was dreaming. Indeed I was.

"Momma!" I cried, frowning at the same time. My eyes felt stingy as I glared at someone. He walked closer to me, his height intimidating my small figure.

"Wah, wah, wah!" he mocked me. His stupid "silly" faces were driving me insane. "You always cry, Rosie! Why is it that every time I want to play a game, you cry?" the young Eric asked me.

I soon realized that this was not the present, but a memory: a memory when I was just six years old and he was eight. I don't know how I managed to retrieve this old memory back into my head.

"Because you always push and trip me!" I screamed back at him. He rolled his hazel eyes around.

"You're such a little baby, crying about everything. Why can't you stop, it's annoying!" I frowned at him. His small face was enough for my small fist to land on his face. With him, he had a practice wooden sword on his belt. I remembered that he would sometimes poke me with it.

More tears flooded my eyes. “Momma!" I cried louder, making my throat hurt.

"You're annoying!" he cried back at me.

"Well at least I'm not an airheaded, ugly boy! You make the Cyclops man look like a Prince!" By this time I was screaming at the top of my lungs.

"And you look worse than the witch in Snow White! No one will ever marry you because you're such a whiny kid and you scream a lot." he threw his short arms up into the air.

"What's the matter?" My Mother jogged in with a lady with beautiful hair and such a graceful face.

"Momma, Eric was bugging me again!" I cried as I held onto the hem of her dress,  My Mother laughed musically and then pulled me up into her arms.

"Was he being a mean boy again?" My Mother asked, her voice was light and teasing. I nodded with a short sniffle. She laughed once more.

"Oh Amelia, it seems that these kids are fighting yet again." Amelia...Amelia? The lady went to Eric and held his hand tightly.

"Dear why are you bothering little Rosealie? She's done nothing wrong." her voice was soothing.

Eric sighed again. "Mommy, Rosie didn't want to play."

"And he tripped me!" I added. My Mother hushed me quietly. I realized that this woman, Amelia, was Eric's mother. She was very pretty with the same hazel eyes he has.

Both of our mothers laughed.

"Oh but my dear, can't you see that little Rosealie is such a pretty girl? You don't have to be mean to her, she's a sweet heart." Her words were kind to me, making my heart slow a little.

"Eww! She's not cute mommy, she's mean, annoying, and screams louder than the warriors going to war." That statement made our mothers laugh although they tried to cover.

"Well honey, you musn't be so mean. One day, you'll have to protect her and make sure that nothing ever happens to her."

"Oh great! Now I have to be her shield! She's going to kill me! I'll have to deal with her and I don't wanna!"

"Eric, be polite!" Amelia hushed.

"Amy, I think Rosealie might need a nap. I'll talk to you after she's asleep." I didn't hear Amelia respond, but I'm sure she nodded. My Mother carried me from the garden all the way into my room. ***

I groaned. I wasn't on the chair anymore since I was practically laying on flat platform, which happened to be my bed. I opened my eyes and noticed it was dark already, with little light seeing as the sun was slowly setting.

Next to me was a small folded note. I quickly unfolded it and found neatly handwritten words on it.

~I saw an angel sitting on the chair, sleeping. That just so happened to be you. How could you sleep on that chair? It's very uncomfortable. Stay well and get plentiful rest, you'll need it for my outstanding performance tomorrow.

Till tomorrow. ~

I didn't say a name, but knowing the challenge on the card, I knew it was from Eric. I reread the first lines, making me blush. I hardly noticed that I was biting my lip. Go figure.

I folded the note and placed it under my pillow before heading back outside.

Indeed, the sun just starting to lower as I started my way downstairs. I passed by a few helpers who were holding freshly folded blankets, pillows, and bed spreading. They smiled at me and bowed their head as they walked up the intimidating stairs. I returned their smile, also by asking how they were doing.

It seemed that they appreciated that having people, especially the royals, acknowledge who they were. I said it automatically, without thinking; it just came out of my mouth.

Once I reached the first floor, I was almost hit by oncoming traffic; traffic of people that is. The helpers who stayed, which were almost all of them, were carrying different objects such as plates, clothes, vases, and everything else. Some were cleaning while others were trimming the flowers, which I'm sure my Mother chose, early in the morning. Like me, she wanted to partake in something. The least she could do was get on her knees and cut her favorite blossomed flowers. She didn't mind, she had always loved gardening.

Some oncoming helpers would twirl around me, just to avoid smashing them into me. I wish I could help in some way, but there was nothing I could do.

"Good evening, Miss Rosealie." some would say. Others would say that but with a breathless voice.

Suddenly an arm linked around mine and pulled me away from the waves of people.

My Mother turned me around, watching me with curious eyes.

"Darling, what are you doing, you're bothering them by getting in their way." she warned.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what to do. Daniel is gone with Eric, Lucy is probably out trying to find a dress-"

She interrupted me. "No, she's in the library. She did say she was going to find a few things for tomorrow. I know she wants you to go." The last sentence was a bit suspicious. I wasn't supposed to leave, but it seemed like my Mother wanted to agree for me to go.

"Oh. I don't know, I can't leave until after the Parade. You said so yourself." I said, using my wise voice. She then sighed and rolled her eyes.

"If you tell your Father I will never ever trust you again." she humored.

"Okay, I won't." She nodded.

"Good. Now go on, you're distracting me too." she winked, giving me a small push towards the library. I gave her a quick hug before dashing away.

I knew it! She could never let something unreasonable stay, even if it was against my Father's rule.

I pushed the door open and noticed Lucy flipping through magazines, filled with dresses and designs.

"Hey there!" she called, closing the flimsy magazine.

"Hi Lucy. So where are we going?" I asked her. Her eyes widened but then fell back to normal, sensing some humor in me.

"I thought you were-"

"It's been lifted." Her eyes flew wide and she screamed shortly, jumping over to me.

"No way! Then what are we doing here, let's get the heck outta here!" She grabbed my hand and before we knew it, we were with our purses, walking towards one of our drivers.

"Hello Mr. Peter!" called Lucy as we walked towards Peter, who was as old as Rigo, but not as lively or funny in that matter.

"Good evening, ladies. Where shall we be going?" he asked, his voice was dry.

"To the biggest dress boutique closest to Calabrye." He nodded before turning to me.

"Miss Rosealie, where is your Entie?" Your Entie, that rang throughout my head.

"Umm, he's with the other Enties, planning the Parade assembly, sir." He nodded slowly.

"You need an Entie before you leave anywhere, both of you. You have no idea who can be out, especially when it is almost nightfall."

I pouted. Well who were we to ask? The day Eric leaves with Daniel is the day I decided to have some fun? What a coincidence.

"Umm, can you call the nearest Entie to come, please?" asked Lucy, who looked very disappointed.

"Of course."

We waited for an Entie to answer, most of them were in a conference so their phones were most likely to be ignored. Finally, an Entie picked up, and he sounded young with a husky voice.

"Yes Mr. Collins?" he asked through the phone.

"Are you by any chance in the conference?"

"No sir, I'm not." His voice was dark.

"Well, the Princess and her friend were leaving outside the castle for their own reasons. Are you busy?"

"No, sir. Would you like me to accompany them?"

"Yes, please."

"Okay, I'll be outside in five minutes." The phone call ended.

After less than five minutes, a man who looked around twenty-four, maybe twenty-five, came walking up toward us. He looked very official, with his head held high in an intimidating manner, his face as solid and hard like a rock. Now he was the true definition of Entie.

"Good evening, ladies." he bowed. I could feel my cheeks turn red. He had black hair with blue eyes, eyes that almost looked like gray.

"Good evening Entie..." I wandered.

"Oh! My apologies, Entie Mark Cole." Lucy giggled.

"I'm Lucielle, but you can call me Lucy." I sighed, oh boy here we go with the flirting. His face stayed at the same bored expression.

"Nice to meet you Lucy." he said. Mark then turned to face Peter and said, "I'll take it from here, sir. They don't mean trouble and I believe you should rest. I'll make sure nothing happens." His voice was so confident, even hearing him made me feel like doing the impossible because I knew he wouldn't let anything happen to us.

"Very well, Entie. Take care ladies." Peter bowed before walking back to his small "office" near the gates.

Mark turned around and nodded. "Let's get going, ladies."

The ride was boring and dull, I must add.

Lucy was entertained as she tried to get Mark's attention. Tried, very hard, but failed. His face and character was bland yet full of authority, like I robot. Now I wished Eric would come along, he would make us laugh and more importantly, he would be with me.

Mark seemed like a good Entie, but he was too serious.

I sat behind, watching the buildings and tress pass by swiftly.

If all Enties were like this, I wouldn't want to meet them. But why Eric and Daniel? Why were they different? They would smile when they felt like it; they would laugh and make jokes, why? Eric almost kissed me, surely that was against all the rules. But he did it anyways.

Suddenly a word I heard made me halt and listen, "...Eric had to get the position..."

What? I paid close attention to Mark as he talked to Lucy seriously.

"Out of all of us, he was chosen to lead the assembly. He's the youngest trained Entie and yet he gets the position." he said with monotone voice.

"What?" I asked carefully.

Mark sighed. "Sorry Princess, I know Eric's your-"

"No, no, it's fine. I'm not fond of him anyways." I joked lightly, even though my heart was aching for saying that. "Continue." I pushed.

"Anyways, your Father has always picked older and much well-trained Enties to align the assembly, for protection purposes. But he's picked Eric this year. I'm sure the King feels pity for Eric's loss." he scoffed.

One thing for sure, as we all walked out of the car and into the store, was that Mark was a complete asshole. I hardly curse, but Mark just boils my blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Lucy already had a dress, actually, she had reserved many but couldn't make up her mind and choose one that best suits her. She was indecisive about everything, causing her to fall back on dates, which would also explain why we were at a dress shop the day before the Parade.

Mark and I walked behind her as she sighed, nodded, or smacked her lips. Just pick one!

It was a quiet shop, filed with millions of dresses, and hopefully one was made for Lucy. She was aiming for a dark color, but of course she had no idea, exactly.

I focused on Mark and his alert awareness. Yet something in his eyes trailed into a dark alley. Something. I tried putting my finger on it, figuring why he would be so mad.

I pondered on that thought as we sat down, waiting for Lucy as she tried on multiple dresses in the fitting room.

"Mark, is it, you seem very distraught. What's the purpose?" I asked him politely, trying to cover my threatening voice.

He looked at me curiously before sighing roughly.

"It's a long story but it involves your Entie, and I don't think it would suit us well since you are linked to him." I'm sure it will suit you well if I kick you and your obnoxious arse out of here, I thought.

I quickly shook that thought before grinning grimly.

"Oh, don't be so bashful, I'm sure we can both relate to Sir Control-A-Lot." It was a weak witty remark, but it helped him speak out.

"You see, I'm the one of the oldest Entie that is capable for running the leader of the Calabrye group. I've worked my hardest at everything, yet all of a sudden he walks in and he'd the Kings favorite. It doesn't make sense to me, but he kisses up to the King. As if Steele can lead a whole group of Enties," he scoffed, "he always ruins plans and thinks because his ol' daddy was the best, that he too can become superior. It's a good thing his dad isn't here, or else he could have been worse."

Piece of-

I stood up, my head was fuming and boy was I vulnerable to anger and rage. How dare he say that about Eric and Andros? I wanted to rip his hair into shreds and kick him where the sun doesn't shine, at all.

His eyes were bewildered and for a second scared.

"You take that back! It's no wonder my Father didn't choose you for Entie leader. You have no good sense of judgment, you lack respect, and you are clearly jealous! Eric on the other hand has everything that you’re not. Even when he isn't as serious, he's a better person to be with rather than you, on the other hand. Just being here with you makes me want to cry and walk to Calabrye by myself. You should be ashamed that you've grown to be so self-centered. Next time you mention Eric and Andros in a way where your respect for them is minimal, I'll make sure my Father deals with you. And to make my life happier, I'll have Eric give you a nice talk on why you are no longer an Entie. Understood?" Jeez, since when did I sound like a control freak? I sound like my Mother when I was going through my picky-eating-habits as a child.

He sunk lower into the couch.

"Yes, ma'am. I'm really sorry." he muttered, his voice was cracking.

Ma'am? I liked that!

"Good. And I hope tomorrow, when you and Eric are walking in unison, that I see you smile and obey his every rule like a good boy should." He nodded before staring awkwardly around the shop. I sat back down, letting my inner-girl bounce around and do back flips. I've never expressed myself like that! Accomplishment, check.

As I spoke the word boy, I couldn't help but to think of Eric. Of course, next to Mark, he looked like a gentleman, and maybe he was. Thinking of all the possible Enties I could have come across, I was thankful that Eric was chosen to be mine. He was different, no doubt, but he had good morals and such a loving heart that I wish I was in. I could have had Mark as my Entie/protector, but no, instead I have Eric and I couldn't have asked for a better friend and protector. If I had Mark, I think he would have killed me by now, or at least I would have sent him down to the dungeon. Whatever way my life would have gone, it wouldn't ever be the same if Eric Steele wasn't in it.

A/N: AWW! Oh gosh don’t you wish I could just speed up to the part where Eric and Rose hook up? I’m sorry dear readers but I can’t and besides, maybe I don’t want them to be together! :O Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Again, sorry I haven’t uploaded in a while but I’m slowly trudging on, so bear with me. Please leave your comments and if you loved it, click that awesome vote button. I know I love that button! Ha-ha. You should all expect another chapter by the end of this week, not sure specifically when but I will upload another chapter.

On another note: Have you heard of my first story here on Wattpad, “Long Live.”?  If you haven’t, it’s a completed story about a high school girl going through your typical high-school-life while trying to survive in a supernatural world. So if you are interested or bored…or maybe you’re just ‘angered” by my lack of uploads, then go on and check it out! It may not be as fully developed as this story, but I’ve gotten pretty positive feedback.

Thanks so much for your reads and support! Have a wonderful and safe day :)

Continue Reading