❤ Tender Pearls Of My Love ❤[...

By Mamree

"Love", a beautiful divine blessings of God.. Falling in love is quiet easy, keeping the love with you foreve... More

Disclaimer
Preface
Character Introduction : 1 ~ He vs She~
Character Introduction : 2 ~ Raging Ocean and Wild Flower ~
~ Prologue ~
1 ~ A New Day ~
2 ~ The One, I Wanted ~
3 ~ First Meet, First Slap ~
4 ~ First Day or Last Day ~
5 ~ Welcome Aboard
6 ~ Team Khushi ~
7 ~ Professionals on Board ~
9~ Facing the Past ~
10 ~ Welcome To Hell ~
11 ~ What A Jerk ~
12 ~ Challenge ~
13 ~ Nyctophobic
14 ~ Aftermath ~
~15~ Change Of Heart
~ 16 ~ Forgotten Memories 1

8 ~ Dare ~

1.1K 237 124
By Mamree

**********

Not Proof read...Ignore the mistakes...

*************

Chapter 8 ~ Dare~

***************

His One Touch Speaks Volume

**************

Khushi's Point Of View...

The Abandoned Building...

Arnav was skeptical to hug me back but I did not care, I kept clinging onto him, enjoying his warmth. Suddenly there was another bang, even louder than the one before, petrifying me even more than earlier. In fear, I hugged him even tighter, my grip on him became harder. It felt as if he was the shield that would protect me from anything and everything that could possibly hurt me.

I hid my face in his neck and inhaled his scent to fill my lungs with his fragrance. That is when I noticed his arms moving on me, he had finally hugged me back, securing both his arms around my back.

This feeling, it was something that could not be described. It was pure bliss. It was raw, unformed emotions trying to peep their way into our souls.

The moment could not last forever and I knew it. when reality struck in, my brain started working again, flashing bright red lights as a warning, signal of danger, telling me to let go of him, my boss, who I was currently grasping onto with a steel grip. I was still in daze of the hug, I could not break the hug as fast as I wanted to, I let go of him slowly, too slowly.

I opened my eyes, registering everything around me. My grip on him because lighter as I slowly pulled away from him. When Arnav felt me moving away even he opened his eyes, but not completely , our proximity had intoxicated both of us.

We slowly parted, his hands were still on me when I completely regained my senses and realized just how wrong this was. I tried to move back with a jerk but his grip on me had not lightened at all, he was staring straight into my eyes with a look that was completely alien to me and to him as well. I moved my hand from his back to his front and placed them flat on his chest, pushing him back a little, away from me.

That snapped him back to reality, he came back to his senses and immediately backed away from me. The air was filled with awkwardness, neither of us dared to look at each other. My eyes were stuck to my feet, I was too embarrassed to even breathe right now, while he just looked around not knowing what to do.

Khushi's Pov Ends...

**************

Arnav was staring into Khushi's eyes, drowning himself in them, still in daze of her intoxicating scent filling up his heart with content, when Khushi placed her hands on his chest. The contact made His heart beat bump up, but not for long, as she used that hand to push him away, snapping Arnav back to reality. Arnav then looked away not really knowing what else to do. It was awkward and Arnav was hopeless at dealing with awkward situations. So He chose the best method, ignorance, pretending it never happened.

Arnav cleared his throat, " so have you checked site properly? Do you reckon our designs will work?"

Khushi looked at him with that doe eyes, shocked. But she got the hint that Arnav did not want to talk about the moment they just shared, he wants to pretend that it just not happened ever..., Khushi also happily helped her boss to divert the topic.

" Actually we might need to make some changes to the master bedroom...." And she continued.

" Hummm" Arnav cleared his throat again. " let's check the rest of the place out."

Arnav moved ahead without waiting for Khushi, trying to ignore her as much as possible as she was tagging alone behind him everywhere he went since she was too afraid to be here on her own now. Finally they completed the visit and Arnav continue, " I will drop you home, let's go."

Arnav offered since he realized that he stupidly did not let Khushi bring her car.

They got in the car and silence engulfed Them again. Arnav was tapping the steering wheel, out of the corner of his eye he could see Khushi constantly fidgeting around.

Just then Arnav's phone buzzed. It was a "wonderful 4" group call. Arnav put the call on speaker before accepting.

" Arnavvvvv....." his friends group squealed in unison through the phone , so loud that Arnav wanted to rip his own ears off.

" Guys I know it's hard but can you please be a little less annoying?" Arnav mocked though a faint smile appeared in his lips.

" Nope", Irfan replied immediately.

" Arnav did you drop Khushi safely?" Sarah asked.

Arnav immediately looked at Khushi and gestured her to speak. " We are on our way home Sarah , Arnav is dropping me." Khushi informed whie Arnav glared at her..

" Why on earth he is glaring at me? Is he a crazy Lunatic?" Khushi thought while making faces.

After that Megha offered Khushi to attend the party which was on her house tonight. All of the "Wonderful 4" also support her.

Arnav was shocked, how can they invite Khushi? And why? She is ONLY his employee...Though Khushi denied but thanks to Arnav's nagging friends, she finally agreed and besides, Sarah was there to provide Ghee in the fuel..

Taking a deep breath Arnav took a turn to Megha's house thinking, " I have to tolerate her for few more hours" ...

Khushi called her father about the change of plan. She was more than glad to skip meeting Aniket today.

Soon they were welcomed by the rest of the Wonderful 4 and Sarah. Partying together was the getaway from the hectic lives of "wonderful 4", while Khushi's stress basters was dancing or spending quality times with family..

Khushi was initially hesitant but soon get comfortable with the warm welcome by Megha and others...After they tired the life out of themselves and could not stand on their feet any more due to too much dancing, they all settled on a round tables to play truth or dare.

It sounded childish, sure, but it was "Wonderful 4"'s favourite game to play. Khushi rolled her eyes while Sarah giggled but never less they too joined...Everyone wrote their one truth or dare on a piece of paper, they put all the chits in a bowl and one by one everyone would have to take a chit out and do whatever was written on the it.

First one to pick the chit was their very own Irfan, it was a dare and he had to eat red chillis. Actually he loves everything spicy. So, it was more like a treat for him.

Next come to Sarah who has to confess her love to Irfan, next the turn was for Khushi. Surprisingly Arnav was more than curious to know what her dare or truth would be.

" Sing a song" Khushi read her dare out loud and everyone's mouth opened wide.

" Wait. That's not even a dare, who wrote that?" Megha questioned.

" I did".. Khushi innocently raised a hand and a smile broke out on Arnav's face which he hid immediately, " only she could write that as a dare. The crazy, stupid girl.."

" So now Khushi has to do her own dare or what?" Irfan questioned frowning...

Seeing no other way out, everyone directed their attention towards Khushi as she cleared her throat and closed her eyes.

" Ap ki Nazro ne Samjha Pyaar Ki Kabil Mujhe..

Dil ki e dhadkan taher ja Mil gayee manjil Mujhe..."

" That's it" Khushi whispered, clearly shy as everyone's eyes were on her. No one say anything for few moment, but it was really BAD... she is a HORRIBLE Singer...

After the shock –aftermath- Khushi session was over it was now Arnav turn to pick a dare. He was the most daring one in Wonderful 4 and everyone knew that. Arnav picked the chit up, confident of course, and opened it with a smile on his face, but the smile did not live long as Arnav read the dare and looked straight up to see the person in front of HIM.

It was Khushi .

" So what's the dare Mr. Dare Devil?" Hiron asked.

" Kiss the person seated in front of you" Arnav dropped the bomb on everyone still looking at Khushi...

Khushi looked confused initially but as Arnav's words registered her mind and she realized it was her sitting in front of the Lunatic Devil... Khushi's eyes widened in horror. Everyone fell silent not knowing what to say.

" It's bullshit. I don't accept this dare." Arnav declared throwing the harmless chit away furiously. But for everyone surprise Megha shrugged her shoulder and declared, " Do it Arnav. It's a dare only."

" Are you crazy?" Arnav yelled her and Megha again shrugged.

" What is wrong in that? It's just a dare.. Both you and Khushi are mature adults.. It's just a game.. you both are behaving as if you never been kissed.. as if you both are having VARGIN lips.." Megha mocked somewhere knowing that this statement is somewhere TRUE for Arnav..

Well, there is a little past history.. Arnav was the heartthrob of their college, and girls were literally threw themselves on him.. Arnav was so much bitter from his heart regarding the concept of LOVE and Relationship, that he always rejected the advances of his classmates or any other girls.. and years before Megha had a crush over Arnav.. As she was the only girl with whom Arnav used to be friends and spends time with, it was rumored like they are couple.. Though Arnav never give an ear to the rumor but Megha secretly waves dreams.. During their last year at college fest, Megha had proposed Arnav.. a shocked Arnav just yelled at her, not only he rejected Megha but almost broke the friendship.. But finally with the interference of Irfan and Hiran, they again patched up.. Now Megha is already engaged with her 3 years old boyfriend but Megha had a grudged against Arnav and occasions like this, it comes out...

On the other hand, Khushi felt a sharp pain in her heart.. A forgotten memory again comes back in her mind with full force..

"Their high school, chemistry lab, Mehul and She holding hands together, then after class going to library, walking back home together and then... behind the drama hall their secret meeting point, that stolen kisses, those forbidden touches...

And then Mehul and Kavya's body mingling together in the same place.."

Khushi felt her eyes brimmed with tears, throat parched and heart burning...

The remory of betrayal taste so bitter...

Arnav was looking at Khushi with his intense eyes without blinking.. The changes of emotions on her face caught his attention..

"She is in pain..." Arnav thought was broken by Irfan call..

" Come on Arnav, accept the challenge of Megha, complete your dare." Irfan being the sadistic jerk, loved seeing the helpless look on Arnav face and could not pass this moment without mocking him....

" Yeah Arnav it's just a dare. Do it.' Everyone started hooting Arnav including Sarah while Megha had a faint mocking smirk on her lips.

But right now all Arnav could think about what Khushi is thinking.. No one asked her if she was okay with this.

And Khushi's sad, somewhere distracted face showed that She is agonizing over some memories...

For the first time still their first meet, Arnav looked attentively at Khushi's face.. Her beautiful face, which is always adorned with a soft smile, is like a portrait of melancholy right now.. It's like Khushi is in emotional pain.. It's like she is going through some memory lane, which is not pleasant... her beautiful eyes had a thin layer of tears...

She is lookig so vulnerable, so sad yet so alluring..

Arnav felt everything around him evaporated and he slowly walked towards Khushi...He helped an euqally dazed Khushi stand up, looking straight in her eyes. When Khushi looked up and their eyes met, Arnav felt his whole body as if went stiff with the agony Khushi's eyes are holding right now..

Is it just because of the dare or something else? Why she is so sad?

Arnav sensed that he has no control over his body anymore...he felt he is leaning forward and he could hear someone's heart beating wildly.. Arnav could not tell if it was his or Khushi's.

Everyone continued hooting for them..

When Arnav lips were an inches apart from Khushi's, she closed her eyes yet a lone tear rolled down from her beautiful eyes...

Arnav stood there for a moment and then leaned further in and kissed Khushi's FOREHEAD instead her lips, taking everyone in the room by surprise.

There was a silent for a moment...Arnav placed his lips on Khushi's forehead for few moments and stilled there.. Her sweaty forehead, her frooty shampoo, her intoxicated scent made Arnav distracted.. He inhale her scent, it's so soothing...

After few moment when Arnav broke the forehead kiss he looked at Khushi and their eyes met... Khushi's eyes were twinkling but there was a certain kind of greatfullness.

A silent gesture which is thanking Arnav for his thoughtfullness..

Arnav could sense that Khushi is silently thanking him for not kissing her on lips infront of everyone..

And surprisingly, this thought made Arnav uncomfortable..

"Is she really have someone in her life?" Arnav thought and immediately scoled himself internally, " What I am thinking even??"

Finally Khushi broke the silence,"Guys it's really late I should probably get going, dadi and dad must be waiting for me." Khushi announced, as she packed her bag in hurry.

Irfan decides to drop both Sarah and Khushi at home. Arnav saw Khushi is trying to avoid him and walked ahead faster but he called her away, " Khushi."

Khushi stopped, looked back at him, " Yes?"

"We have a conference with Mr. Amit Sanyal tomorrow. All the companies who want this project will be present there so you have to accompany me. I will pick you up from your house at 9 tomorrow." Arnav spoke in a authoritative voice.

" No it's okay you don't have to pick me. I will come by myself." Khushi replied softly still not meeting eyes with Arnav which irked him..

"Of course, how could Khushi Kusum Basu listen to me without objecting." Arnav gritted his teeth...

" I don't recall asking you. It was an order. From your boss. I will pick you at 9 tomorrow." Arnav declared and walked away, ignoring the abuses Khushi murmured under her breath." Lunatic Devil..."

*****************

Khushi's House..

Behala...

Dinner Time...

Khushi was owefully silent since she had come back from Megha's house.. The whole day incident, the party, the past memories and Arnav gesture during the game everything was playing in front of her eyes..

It was an eventful day for Khushi...

Arnav's gesture somwhere touches Khushi's heart.. She felt so greateful the way he handeled the situation and did not humiliate her infront of all by kissing her on the lips.. Though it was a game, though nowadays it seems nothing but for Khushi, intimacy means a very big step.. She can not even think about getting close to someone without having a slighest emotions attached with him..

And after Mehul's betrayal somewhere deep in her heart, a corner, is scared.. It's like she is scared about relationship.. Though Khushi knew every person is not a cheating bastard like Mehul, but her heart get skeptical thinking what if again she get betrayed.. that's the reason afterwards, Khushi never got involved in a love relationship, she even told her father that she will first established in professional life and then will settled down in personal life as per her families choice..

But alas... Her dadi wants her to get married as soon as possible..

" Khushi.. why are you so silent now? I told you to come early today, still you were late.. It was nice of Aniket that he is so understnding boy, his parents are so nice people.. they waited for you.. You were in your office clothes, and after my so many request still you did not changed in nice dress and accessaries.. But they are so good people.. I am so happy with this proposal.. Finally Khushi is getting married.." Khushi's Dadi Mrs Basu exclaimed happily while Khushi did not replied..

Mr Basu was silent till now but eventually he intervein, " Maa, don't you think you are hurrying in your decision? I am not telling that Aniket is not a good choice but look at Khushi, she is not ready.. So, why this unnecessary hurry?"

" Look Ranjan.. I am telling you for the last time, this is my final decision.. You are a father but you are so reluctant even seeing any proposal for your daughters.. Khushi is already 27 years old, doing a job then for what we will wait? Aniket and his family is familiar with us.. They leaves only one hour away.. They..." dadi was cut off by Ranjan..

" Maa.. Mr and Mrs Das lives in Kolkata.. But Aniket stays in Bangalore.. Why we should get Khushi married when there are options that she can get her groom here only?" Mr Basu tried to defend his daughter..

" Aniket will transfer back within few weeks.. Don't you remember? You both Father daughter will eat my brain.. Khushi.. tell me straightway, did you not liked Aniket?" Dadi's next words was directed towards Khushi who was totally zoned out...

" Khushi... Khushi.. KHUSHI....." dadi called aloud and Khushi replied, "Huhhh"

" You did not listen anything right? Okay, tell me clearly, did you liked Aniket?" Dadi looked at Khushi strictly and Khushi averted her eyes..

Truth to be told, Khushi did not paid any attention while meeting with Aniket and his family.. Her thoughts were clouded by her past, Mehul and his betrayal... Though Khushi knew Aniket before, so she just replied to avoid further conversation but Khushi did not realize what blunder she is going to do,

" He is OKAY.."

That was it..

Khushi's dadi, Mrs Basu almost screamed , " I am so happy, Khushi liked Aniket.. Ranjan, Look, I told you... I will confirmed with Mr And Mrs Das, soon Khushi and Aniket will get married.." Dadi said and kissed Khushi's forehead before leaving the dining table leaving a shocked Mr basu and a clueless Khushi behind....

To Be Continued....

*************

Author Note:

Hi....

Thank you so much for your response on the last part of the first General Fiction of mine..

So... How did you like AAR gesture during the game? In this story, Khushi has a past while Arnav did not.. ...

Eagerly waiting for your response..

In last chapter vote target was not fulfilled but I still updated....This chapter also there is a small vote target.. 210+ Votes for next chapter.. and I will update only after that...

Till then,

Take care....Stay safe....

Your storyteller...

Mamree

11 /06/2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 7.1K 38
Arnav and Khushi were together for a while, in the story of their Lives.She had loved him with all her heart, and he had cared too.However, back then...
325K 12.5K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
69.1K 2.3K 5
#1 in Romance on Oct 2018...#6 out of 7K in 2017 on March 2019/ . A heartfelt thanks to All for making it happen... A Story of a man who broke all th...
351K 17.6K 37
Stand-alone Highest Rank #1 in Sheetal #2 in ipkknd #3 in Arshi #1 in Aman #1 in Relations #1 in Intense #4 in Khushi #5 in Understanding #6 in Tr...