Follow the fallen stars

GreenWarrior291 által

After having dealt with the challenges of the Pleiades watchtower, Natsuki Subaru is summoned by an unknown d... Több

Prologue
Pride Chapter 1: Into the fire
Pride Chapter 3: Hellish fire
Pride Chapter 4: Surrounded by flames
Pride Chapter 5: A Struggle Not Too Late
Pride Chapter 6: Plans in motion
Pride Chapter 7: Fight fire with fire
Pride Chapter 8: Putting out the flame
Wrath Chapter 1: Blindsight
Wrath Chapter 2: Colors
Wrath Chapter 3: Action
Wrath Chapter 4: Trust
Wrath Chapter 5: Pressure
Wrath Chapter 6: Despair
Wrath Chapter 7: Broken
Wrath Chapter 8: Patience
Wrath Chapter 9: Rescue
Wrath Chapter 10: Peace
Sloth Chapter 1: A calming environment
Sloth Chapter 2: Passing storm
Sloth Chapter 3: Coming together
Sloth Chapter 4: The lesson home
Sloth Chapter 5: A fated reunion
Sloth Chapter 6: Last day of peace
Aganau Chapter 1: Dangerous night
Aganau Chapter 2: Broken People
Aganau Chapter 3: Familiar ties
Aganau Chapter 4: The hard path
Aganau Chapter 5: A brutal encounter
Aganau Chapter 6: Uncertain future
Aganau Chapter 7: Defying Fate
Aganau Chapter 8: Unwavering strength
Aganau Chapter 9: Victory!
Aganau Chapter 10: Promise fulfilled
Aganau Chapter 11: Looking forward
Greed Chapter 1: Another world
Greed Chapter 2: Not correct.
Greed Chapter 3: Correction
Greed Chapter 4: Wits
Greed Chapter 5: Calculated
Greed Chapter 6: Knowledge
Greed Chapter 7: Cornered
Greed Chapter 8: Overcome
Greed Chapter 9: Check
Greed Chapter 10: Turnover
Greed Chapter 11: Head on
Greed Chapter 12: Compromise
Greed Chapter 13: Face off
Greed Chapter 14: Frozen Bonds
Greed Chapter 15: Have faith
Greed Chapter 16: Your choice
Greed Chapter 17: True to yourself

Pride Chapter 2: Burning passion

1.7K 69 9
GreenWarrior291 által

Natsuki Subaru just got killed by Reinhard Van Astrea once again, leading with another failed loop but this one was different than his previous loops. In the latest deaths leading to the destruction of Lugnica like he planned, Reinhard Van Astrea would always find him and kill him right on the spot. This time there was something different since there was a new threat that was clearly not in the previous loops.

"What the hell?! Why is another Natsuki Subaru here?! Could it be Capella? That bitch was hard to kill, maybe she didn't die permanently...but then it doesn't explain that knight blue killed."

"...I love you."

"Ah yes, I'm back here, in the dark dungeon."

"I love you. I love you."

"You can keep saying that to me, but nothing will change."

"I love you."

"Did you bring another Natsuki Subaru here, to this world?"

"...what?"

"Huh? You can actually speak?"

Subaru looked surprised by hearing the woman saying another word that isn't "I love you". He was able to move around the shadow garden for some reason and quickly went towards her in hopes of getting answers of his counter part's existence. The woman looked at Subaru with a confused facial expression, trying to process everything she heard from Subaru.

"Come on witch, you should know this! Why is there another Natsuki Subaru?!"

"What...are...you...talking...about...?"

"Wait, you don't know? Well, maybe you don't if that isn't another Natsuki Subaru...no, wait, he knew about Emilia and called himself Emilia's knight...that damn bastard!"

Subaru kicked the empty air with anger, hating how his counter part spoke so highly of himself in being Emilia's knight. This angered him for a bit until the woman all of a sudden hugged him, managing to calm the boy down.

"Man, I'm starting to act like Regulus. Well, I guess this hug is helping me, thanks."

"I love you."

"Yeah Yeah, I know. I just need to come up with a new plan to account this counter part of mine and that purple haired knight. How the hell did he even survive what blue did to him?"

Subaru crossed his arms and started to think of the many possibilities of how Julius could've been brought back to live or even survive the encounter with him and Ferris. As he was trying to figure this out, he started to feel nuisances.

"Shit...seems like I have to go back to the real world once again, crazy woman...though can I ask something?"

"I love you."

"...I'll just assume that is a yes. What if there is another Natsuki Subaru running around? Can I speak to him about the forbidden Return By Death taboo?"

"..."

"...come on, say something before you send me back to my checkpoint."

"...I love you."

"Darn, I was hoping that you would give me some advice with this because there might be another me running around...well, I'll just make do with what I got."

"I love you."

"Yeah Yeah, I know."

-------------------------------------------------

Subaru returned to the moment he started the large fire that would set Lugnica into flames. As he returns to this checkpoint, he takes a moment to process everything that happened in the shadow garden and in the previous loop. He knows that there is some other Natsuki Subaru running around yet he is not sure whether or not he really is his counter part or someone like Capella. As he was processing the new information, he turns towards Elsa and Meili, seeing that the two are still alive.

'Hm. I need to get information but I also need to complete my goal here...'

Subaru took a moment to think of a plan before looking at the assassins once again to say,

"Meili, Elsa, I'm going to need you two to do something else."

"What is it?"

"Meili, let your demon beasts know that there is another person who looks exactly like me. If any of your demon beast friends find him, make sure they capture him. I want him alive."

"Okey dokie!"

Meili goes off with the Guiltylowe into the kingdom to look for the other Subaru. As she leaves off, Subaru turns towards Elsa to give her orders.

"I also want you to look for the other Natsuki Subaru but with you it's different."

"How so?"

"Capture him and get as much information from the fake as you can. Once you got every inch of information from him, you are allowed to kill him however you want."

"My My, that's quite the order."

"Yes...oh also make sure to kill the knight with purple hair. That bastard somehow survived what blue did to him."

"My My, you are making this so much fun, contractor."

"Yeah...I guess."

Elsa nodded at Subaru before leaving the area in search of the knight with purple hair and for another Natsuki Subaru. As the Bowel hunter left him, he turned towards the fire and quickly made sure it spread exactly like in the previous loop before following the exact footsteps he had done last time. As he was running around the kingdom, assuring that the fire spread like before which caused the citizens to start running in a panic. As the chaos began, he noticed a few knights approaching him with their swords out.

'Ha! These fools think that...no wait, that psychopathic woman isn't here to cover me! Shit!'

Not having thought the plan thoroughly, he quickly started to run into the fire, wanting to bring the knights towards the fire to trap them.

'Although I may be weaker than these asshats, I still have the advantage.'

Subaru went into one of the burning buildings and waited until the four knights entered the place, looking for him and any survivors. As the knights were on their guard, Subaru pulled out a knife he kept after having killed the three thugs from the hallway a long while back.

'Okay Tom, Dick, and Larry, hopefully this damn knife I took from you all pays off!'

Subaru slowly moved towards one of the knights before stabbing him in the back of the neck, getting the attention of the other three knights. One of the three went to check on the knight Subaru attacked while the other two attempted to attack the boy yet they weren't able to due to how Subaru was able to easily escape them with the assistance of the fire itself. As he was able to hide once again, he waited until one of the two knights chasing him got close before managing to shove him into the fire. The knight was caught off guard by this and was starting to be burned to death while Subaru said,

"Burn like the rest, pathetic knight!"

"AHHH!"

Subaru watched as the knight was burning to death, happy and satisfied that a weakling like him could take down a knight though he wished it was Reinhard rather than some random knight he doesn't even know of. He turned towards his left side and looked in a threatening way to the second knight chasing him.

"I would suggest that you run away while you can unless you want to die like your friend here."

"You fucking witch cultist...you killed my best friend...I'm going to kill you!"

The knight charged at Subaru, getting ready to kill him until the boy smiled, having anticipated this. Due to the fire, the walls were breaking apart to which Subaru was aware of this in one of his many loops in trying to create a successful trap to kill Reinhard. Subaru waited until the ceiling fell to the ground, hitting the knight and causing him to be trapped under rubble and to be burned alive as well.

"Hahaha, did you think that you would be the one to kill me? Nice try, prick. Now die in the fire."

Subaru turned around and quickly left the building, knowing that he left one knight unharmed but wasn't concerned by it.

"Considering that he is too busy trying to help his ally, he won't be messing with me or my plans."

Subaru ran out of the area and continued to spread the fire, keeping things the same as the previous loop up. Once he reached the center of the kingdom, he managed to encounter blue once again.

"Subaru-sama! What can nyai do for you, Subaru-sama?"

"Blue, good to see that your alive. I need a favor from you."

"Anything to help Subaru-sama and his highness!"

"Good. I need you look for that friend of yours, the one you killed...what was his name?"

"Who? Reinhard-kyun?"

"No, not him. Hell he isn't even dead. I'm referring to the one with the purple hair."

"Oh, Julius-kyun?"

"Yeah, him I guess. We have a situation and that is go looking for him and kill him once again."

"Wait but Subaru-sama, he is dead?"

"I know I know but I have come to learn that he is still walking around this world for some reason."

"That's...not right..."

Blue was confused by this yet he knew that Subaru is never wrong. All the catboy did was have a smile on his face before saying,

"Don't nya worry Subaru-sama, Ferris'll take care of this!"

"I know you will. Now go."

Blue nodded at Subaru before going off while Subaru himself turned around as he noticed his "co-conspirator" standing behind him with his pink haired maid standing by his side. Subaru has never trusted the man in his life and feels that the maid is wasting her time serving under the clown himself.

"Hmph. I was wondering when you were going to show up, clown."

"Now that isn't niiiiiice, my cooooo-conspirator."

"Please show respect to Roswaal-sama, scum."

"Okay, now that is mean."

"Hmph."

"Anyway, whaaaat would you like me to do?"

Subaru stood silent while he crossed his arms, trying to think on what the man could do. He would normally send him to his death along with the maid but after learning of the counterpart and Julius roaming around, he knows what he and his maid can do.

"Roswaal, I want to warn you that there is another me out there or a fake me roaming around. See if you can figure out who he is."

"Alright my co-conspirator, try noooooot dying."

"Hmph. Just go do your part. I'll make sure Emilia becomes King of Lugnica."

Roswaal just smiled at the boy before him alongside his maid go off to look for the other Subaru with the maid having a more hatred facial expression in just hearing that there is another monster. As Roswaal and his maid left, Subaru started to run deeper into the kingdom to continue to see the fire spread, trying to replicate the events of the previous loop. While he did this, he smiled to himself since he was confident that he will succeed.

'With the kingdom in flames and my associates working hard to get that bastard that looks like me, everything will go my way. Let's you see you handle this, "Emilia's one and only knight"...fucking prick. After you, Reinhard is next.'

Subaru felt his anger increasing which caused him to pull out his knife and stab the closest person near him, being some random civilian. As he stabs the civilian in the head, he looks at his knife with dead eyes before returning to his job, burning the kingdom to the ground to destroy Reinhard.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Subaru looked at the burning kingdom from the slums exactly like the previous loop only this time it is much worse. He was still trying to process everything that happened in the previous loop.

("So you were capable of hating people after all, Sword Saint!")

'B-But why? Why the hell am I evil in this loop...no, not this loop...in this alternative world...'

After a few seconds of processing, he now knows that this world is not a failed loop of his but instead an alternative world where he went evil at some point. Before being able to reach to anything that happened, he fell to his knees with his head hurting once again. Julius and Garfiel both noticed this and quickly went to check on him.

"Cap'n! What's wrong?!"

"Subaru, what happened?"

Subaru was having another set of memories flashing to his mind yet this time they were more clearer to him since he now knows the point of view he had been looking through was his counter part.

("Mind if I come along, then? I don't exactly know the details though, Cardinal.")

("So you are kindly accompanying! Aaah! AaAaAa! How so very so very so very so very veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery... JOYOUS!")

("That's getting way too enthused when I'm just saying I'm going with.")

'What the hell is he...? Wait, that crazy ass voice sounds like—'

("I couldn't see Unseen Hand at first, was panicked about what the heck was going on. Dealing with your fingers was posing a bunch of trouble too... right now, I really feel like I accomplished something.")

("Ghh, auhhh...")

("Which makes you the person I've spoken to most in the world. I know how crazy lopsided this is, but I feel like you're kinda a friend. Watching how you do everything you can to reach your goals, playing all the cards you have, I mean I have to say I was touched.")

'You fucking psychopath! You got to know that crazy bastard Petelguese! Are you fucking insane?!'

As Subaru learned another thing from his counter part, he got to be brought back to reality when Garfiel was shaking him.

"Cap'n?! What's goin' on with ya?! Talk t'us!"

Subaru looked at Garfiel with eyes of despair but before he could say anything, he felt everything stop for a moment. At first he thought the witch was coming after him but he didn't feel Satella's presence. He waited for a moment before he could hear a voice, one he has never heard but the tone was familiar.

"So, Natsuki Subaru, what do you think?"

"Wait, you're the one I met in that void, aren't you?"

"Correct, though this is my real voice, I still won't appear in front of you."

"Why not?!"

"Woah, calm down—"

"I won't calm down! After the shit I saw, what is this?! Is this hell?!"

"It's not hell—"

"Then what is this world?! Why am I even here?!"

Subaru shouted through his mind with anger, managing to get the attention of the watcher. There was a moment of silence before he got a response to his question.

"This world was created because the you of this world was too prideful and choose to not call for help back in your first day."

"What?"

"I have watched you struggle but in the end you still make the right choice...though seeing the worlds where you made the wrong choice or the choice that haunts you for life...I can't just watch those worlds suffer anymore. That is why I summoned you here, to help me get these worlds back on track to a brighter future."

"What brighter future?! This world is fucked! Everyone is going to die and my name...my name is destroyed here...because of him!"

"I know that, Natsuki Subaru, but this world doesn't have to end with all of those people dying! So long as Natsuki Subaru of this world continues on this path, Emilia will get hurt and many people will die. Otto Suwen, Felt, Old Man Rom, Ferris, Ram, and many more but this is your chance to make things right. Not for you but for the world your counterpart created."

"..."

Subaru just stood silent since he knew that arguing was going to lead him nowhere. All he knows for sure is that there is an evil Subaru, one who made a bad choice and now he has to witness the hell he created. This was worse than the second trial back in the Sanctuary since the worlds he left behind had a better chance than this world.

What's even worse was seeing how the monster that a version of him had done. Although he killed the Sin Archbishops for Emilia, his intentions were not good. They were selfish, prideful, stupid. The Watcher made one final comment before allowing the world to move once again.

"Look, I know this sucks seeing that you are technically the cause of this mess but there is still a way for all of this to be fixed. You just have to be smart about it. Just don't forget that dying isn't an option and losing your allies will cost you dearly."

As soon as the watcher finished speaking, Garfiel started to move again, moving Subaru around a bit. The boy continued to stay silent with tears filling up his eyes before finally he was able to respond to the worried Garfiel Tinsel.

"I-I...I know what happened to this world...it's my fault..."

"What are you talking about, Subaru?"

"Julius...there is a version of me...an evil me, who literally got you killed...destroyed so many lives...and all for what? To make Emilia-tan king of Lugnica!"

"What...?"

Garfiel and Julius were both confused by this, unsure on what Subaru is saying yet they understand that it's nothing good. Both warriors patted Subaru in the back in hopes of cheering him up. As they pat him, Julius kneels down to be on the same level as his friend before saying,

"I can't say I know what is going on but there is one thing I know is that you are too stubborn to give up. As your friend, I won't allow you to give. And as a fellow knight to another, I will not allow you to abandon your job to protect the kingdom."

"Yeah Cap'n, yer not a quitter! Yer Emilia's knight!"

"I-I don't know...I became a villain..."

"Come on, Natsuki Subaru!"

Julius grabbed Subaru's collar with a serious facial expression, hating what he was seeing from Subaru. He pulled him his friend to be on his feet before saying in a serious tone,

"You are Natsuki Subaru, my friend, the knight of Emilia-sama! You are way too stubborn to allow something to put you down!"

"...you are right...but we need to be ready because the me of this world is extremely dangerous."

"How dangerous?" Julius asks as he lets Subaru go, curious to know more of this world. Subaru stood silent for a brief moment before looking at the kingdom, seeing that the fire is spreading fast.

"The Natsuki Subaru of this world wants to make Emilia-tan the king of Lugnica similar to me but the road he took...he went the witch cult way and now he is very dangerous. He will know what move we do before we do it if we are not careful."

"So we're facin' an evil cap'n? That's shitty but ya got us to protect ya."

"Yes, we can help you face the evil version of you."

Subaru looked at Garfiel and Julius as he is still trying to process on how he can handle someone like an evil version of himself. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before he nodded at his two friends with confidence.

"Alright then, let's get going. There are some people in there we need to recruit."

Julius and Garfiel nodded before following Subaru's lead as he is leading them into the burning kingdom. While they were heading towards the entrance, Subaru turned towards his two allies for a moment before looking forward while saying,

"One last thing, don't kill my counter part."

"What?"

"May I ask why?"

"Let's just say that his death doesn't do us any favors. We have to capture him and prevent him from dying. That is the objective."

"Well, whatever ya say Cap'n."

"Alright then, Natsuki Subaru. I will trust your judgement."

"...Thank you, guys."

Subaru had a smile on his face since he was happy to have trustworthy allies like Garfiel and Julius before changing into a serious facial expression. Once the three enter the kingdom, Subaru looks around and realizes that he needs to move fast since the knights are barely able to hold their own against the Mabeasts with some of the knights having been killed in the chaos. Subaru turned to Garfiel and said,

"Go help the knights! Julius and I will look for survivors!"

"You got it, Cap'n!"

Garfiel turned towards the Mabeast and quickly charged at them while Subaru and Julius went deeper into the kingdom to look for survivors while also searching for the evil Natsuki Subaru. As they were looking around, Subaru quickly went to the location where Felt had been trapped in the previous loop, knowing that she is in great danger.

As the two were arriving at the location, Subaru looked at the place he saw her previously and knew that he was too late this time. He notices more rubble on top of where she should have been with blood on the ground. This causes him to make a tight fist, one with extreme furry since he knows who he needs to blame for all of this.

'I swear that you will pay for all of this, Natsuki Subaru of this world!'

Subaru with fire in his eyes turned towards Julius only to notice something approaching them.

"Julius, watch out!"

Julius gets his sword ready and turns around to see someone charging at them with two blades in their hands. Seeing that this is a threat, he gets himself ready and blocks off any attacks thrown towards him. As he ends up in a blade lock with an unknown opponent, the two warriors looked eye to eye with Julius recognizing his new opponent.

"You are the bowel hunter, Elsa Grainhart."

"My My, you must be the finest knight. How are you alive?"

"I...I'm not saying anything to you."

"I was being nice but then again the hard way is much more fun."

The two gain some distance from each other to properly prepare for their fight against each other. Julius and Elsa both looked at each other for a moment before getting their weapons ready for a fight.

"Julius Juukulius, a member of the Royal Guard."

"Elsa Grainhart, The Bowel Hunter."

Julius quickly summoned his spirits to assist him in his fight, knowing that the Bowel Hunter is not one to be underestimated. Once his six spirits were summoned, he charged at the woman and began their fight by being on the offense. As the two were fighting, Subaru stood silent as he was on high alert, seeing that this loop is greatly different. He looked at the fight between Julius and Elsa for a bit until he noticed Garfiel approaching them. Once the demi human boy was with his captain, he looked at the fight and was surprised to see Elsa.

"Bitch in black!"

"Yup, seems like we are going to have some trouble now."

"Want my amazin' self to fight her again?"

"No, we need to find Ram. She is somewhere in this burning kingdom."

"Ah, I see. Aight Cap'n, I'll follow yer lead."

"Alright."

Subaru nodded at Garfiel before turning towards Julius to alert him that Garfiel will help him in helping the kingdom. Julius understood this and told the two to be safe while continuing to fight against Elsa. Subaru wished Julius luck before he took Garfiel deep into the burning kingdom. As the two were running deep into the kingdom, the same events happened with Otto, having been punched and shoved to the ground before Garfiel pushed Otto and pinned him to the ground. As the events played the same, there was a slight change which allowed him to fix things with Otto of this world.

"Oh you should know, Natsuki Subaru."

"I know you hate me but I'm not Natsuki Subaru."

"You are not?" Otto says with a skeptical tone.

"I'm not the Natsuki Subaru of this world but I am Natsuki Subaru."

"You are insane!"

"Treat Cap'n with respect!"

"Respect?! After all he—!"

"I know what my counterpart did! He ruined many lives and used you to clean up his messes but I ain't him!"

"...how can I trust you?"

"Because your name is Otto Suwen, the best person I have ever met and the best merchant I know."

"Ha! If I were the best, I wouldn't be a debt slave!"

"Regardless, I need your help!"

"In what?!"

"Helping me stop the witch cultist known as Natsuki Subaru. I was able to help you with your oil problem in my world so let me help you get free of your debt."

"And how you would do that?"

Subaru and Garfiel both looked at each other for a moment before nodding simultaneously. As they do this, Subaru turns towards Otto to respond with,

"We will pay for what you are owed."

"Really? Why would you?"

"Because idiot, yer our friend. Our brother."

"I-I don't remember being brothers with a demi human!"

"Otto, it was a metaphor. We are friends and we will get through this together but please...we need your help."

Otto crossed his arms has he had a serious facial expression towards the two boys. He knows that Natsuki Subaru is not to be trusted but when he looked at the boy's eyes, he can see that they are filled with life and determination compared to the witch cultist known as Natsuki Subaru. This was enough to slightly influence his choice in whether he helps the two out. He begins to speak in a serious tone,

"Okay but you better help me out of this debt! I really owe Russell-san a lot."

"Ah, ya should be fine. Cap'n will help ya out."

"Yeah, but for now we should focus on the now."

"Okay, what do you need from me?"

"There are two objectives I see. One is finding the witch cultist Natsuki Subaru and finding Reinhard. We can't allow the two to encounter each other or the witch cultist Natsuki Subaru to be killed."

"And why not?" Otto says this while crossing his arms.

"Because if he dies...let's just say that his death will only cause more destruction."

"Hm. Then let us find the Sword Saint first, he will be able to protect us from all the danger that is here."

"Fair. Then let us look for Reinhard then."

"Thaaaat won't be needed."

"Ah shit."

Subaru, Otto, and Garfiel all turned to see Roswaal floating in mid air before landing near the three. Garfiel hated seeing him yet he stood silent with both his fists tight until he noticed Ram arriving to the scene.

"Ram..."

"Garf..."

Both of them were happy to see each other but sad since they are on opposing sides. Subaru looked at Ram and was sad to see her siding with Roswaal yet he expected this since his counter part was pathetic. He crossed his arms and started to say,

"What the hell do you want, Ros-chi?"

"Ros-chi? Now thaaaaat is quite the nickname, Subaru-kuuuun."

"I see that you know me already. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for you, Subaru-kuuun."

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

21.2K 613 19
Subaru Emiya-Tohsaka, a magus, was on the hunt after a dead apostle until suddenly being transported to a another world. How will the world and it's...
3.6K 211 13
After watching The World for Thousands Of Years Supreme Deity Rimuru is bored Then he decides to visit Other Worlds But , He wants to have as much f...
2.1K 64 15
[666] gave him two choices: End the world or Become the last Devil. However, why did the sacrificial choice seem wrong? Why did he have to be alone t...
7.9K 326 7
[Y/N a player LV 1 a new and unique soul sent in a new world.]