(REWRITING) 𝓖𝓸𝓵𝓭𝓮𝓷 𝓶𝓪...

Per -voidheda

❛❜Wanna see a magic trick?❛❜ ❛❜Don't scare the kid, Shei!❛❜ °∘❉∘° - in which, a girl who attracts d... Més

🄲🄰🅂🅃
🄶🅁🄰🄿🄷🄸🄲🅂
🄴🄿🄸🄶🅁🄰🄿🄷
🄿🅁🄾🄻🄾🄶🅄🄴
[ P A R T O N E ]
two, annoying newbie
three, too many questions
four, a Bennett witch
five, four teens on a quest
six, the outside world
seven, a strange garden
eight, night confession
nine, an old enemy
ten, Tunnel of Love
eleven, enchanted lotus
twelve, near-death with a water bed
thirteen, no magic
fourteen, a warning from Death itself
fifteen, Percy fights a god
sixteen, favourite daughter, but never son
seventeen, traitor
[ P A R T T W O ]
one, is it really you?
author's note

one, the beginning

2.7K 71 26
Per -voidheda

❝ I think there's a body over there. ❞

☆ ☼ ☆

     A volcanic eruption threatened the waves, water and fire crashing against one another.

Somehow, her nightmares always began with Nature's two most unpredictable elements trying to prove which was better. An ocean of ravaging waves trying to suppress the flames she danced in while all she could do was stare. Her body would try to surge forward and break this fight she hated, but her feet were never under her command. The tip of her fingers would tingle, an instinct pushing her to defend the flames due to her memory salvaging the knowledge she possessed concerning how this battle ended, and even then, she remained still.

     But while she dreamed on this cold night of June, her nightmare changed its course. First, the fight started, and then it shifted to another scenery she was unfamiliar with. She was on top of a high roof, eyes squinting as a storm brew, and the wind grew stronger. Even from high up, she could spot the ruby-like liquid spilling under battered corpses, echoes of pained screams bouncing in the air. The city fell into rubble, and the girl only watched and listened to the voice speaking in the back of her head. Save them was what it said, but let them die was what it wanted. The girl knew it by its tone.

Moving forward, her being was transported into battle in the middle of the action. A spear appeared in her left hand, telling her wordlessly to cause havoc among the soldiers who tried desperately to survive. She stared at the weapon, her eyes flickering between it and the soldiers. A choice, the voice mentioned. A choice was to be made now.

     In a blink, the girl twirled the spear in her hand and smirked. Flames surrounded her as she ran, the rain pouring down to extinguish her spark. Years of never participating in Nature's fight resulted in her becoming the reason for it. She enraged the storm. She made it worse, and she liked doing so. Her feet jumped up on a car hood and landed behind a warrior she wasn't even sure was the enemy. The spear struck him down, his body lying by the girl's feet. The storm roared, lighting and rain threatening her. It brought a smirk onto her unrecognizable face.

Just as her spear went to strike at a friend or a foe, the voice in her head went mute. From telling her to end everyone, it shut itself. Confusion clouded her mind as she dropped her spear on the ground, her hands clutching her aching head. She stumbled, the storm using this vulnerable moment to attack her with added strength. There wasn't a battle around her anymore, only the sound of lightning crackling.

     A maniac laugh sounded somewhere far away but close enough, the girl's eyes going wide in panic. This wasn't real. It was just another nightmare, she told herself.

"Is it?" a voice asked as if hearing her thoughts. "Or are you losing it? Fire always goes crazy, after all."

     A scream Sheila didn't register as her own made the storm calm down. Flames destroyed the remains of the city, and the girl prayed for it all to cease. She breathed heavily, ignoring how she caused this and focusing on a sudden pain in her chest. Gripping it, she leaned against a car and gasped. Why did everything shift?

"The power is consuming you, young witch," the voice stated. It sounded pleased. "Only a matter of time now before all this comes true."

     The girl looked at the dark sky, screaming at the voice to know what it wanted. It laughed, aggravating her headache and the pain in her chest. It felt as if a thousand strikes of lightning were hitting her repeatedly. She groaned, sliding on the pavement road while listening to the voice.

"I want your sparks, Sheila Bennett."

. • ° . • °

     Golden irises glowed in the dark as Sheila Bennett shot up in her seat. A hot wave of air instantly hit her, a usual occurrence when waking up in Camp Half-Blood's forges. The sound of whirring machines forced her brain to concentrate on the bow before her. Her table was shaking due to her older brother smashing something beside her, the repetitive sound aggravating in Sheila's ears. Shaking the tiredness out of her body, she stood up to grab other tools and settled farther away from Charlie Beckendorf. He gave her an offended look, but she merely shrugged him off, putting her entire focus on the bow she needed to repair.

It had been five years since Sheila last heard her mother's voice. Five years had passed, yet Sheila couldn't get used to her absence. Even after Hephaestus had claimed her as his daughter and her siblings had welcomed her kindly into Cabin Nine, she never felt at home. Home was where her mother was, but now Bonnie Bennett was gone, and the damage made in Sheila's heart was unrepairable, unlike the bow she held in her hands. The nightmares plaguing her nights turned her situation from horrible to unbearable.

     Still, there was some joy in the girl's life. For instance, her siblings never let her down. They were always up to creating new inventions with her and listening to all the ideas she wanted to develop. Her best friend since they were seven, Annabeth Chase, was by her side through everything. Sheila had made a few other friends, counting Michael Yew, a small kid barely older than her from the Apollo cabin. But Nature was the sole reason Sheila didn't run away again. Sitting by the docks at camp while watching the sunrise was a tradition of hers since she arrived, this one moment of serenity allowing her to be at peace with Nature and herself. She loved it when Lotus flowers grew above the lake and how the wind softly caressed her hair. During these minutes, the girl could imagine her life wasn't messed up.

Due to the rain, however, there had been no sunrise today. Sheila had woken up after all her siblings and had reluctantly joined them in the forges. It was right before starting to work that she dreamed of this strange battle, but she pushed the memory to the back of her mind. Lee Fletcher was waiting for this bow to be functional, and delaying a cabin counsellor's deadline wasn't recommended.

     "Charlie!" Sheila exclaimed as a gearing from his machine flew right before her. "Stop trying to kill me!"

Her oldest brother and mentor, Charlie Beckendorf, chuckled and crouched to grab the gearing. He muttered an apology, then narrowed his eyes at Lee's bow. Without asking for Sheila's permission, he inspected it closely.

     "What did you do to this poor bow?" he asked, motioning the string. "Unless you want Lee to hit himself, tighten the string."

Scowling, Sheila raised a hammer in the air and threatened to hit Charlie if he didn't leave her alone. With a laugh, the boy returned to his table, but not without giving her something to fix the string. The girl's glare shifted onto the bow, her inside voice cursing at it. She wished she wasn't the one always getting the most essential stuff to repair. In her opinion, Charlie was the better tinker between them, but Lee insisted that she worked on the weapons for the Apollo cabin every time they needed it. 

     As Sheila was about to replace the current string with a more resistant one, Will Solace, the youngest boy from the Apollo cabin, burst into the forges. Every head snapped toward him, the boy gulping at the sudden attention. His eyes widened when they settled on Sheila, and his feet urged him forward. Another bow was in his hand, making the girl roll her eyes in annoyance. 

"Put it on the pile," Sheila spoke, assuming Will wanted her to repair his bow. To her surprise, he didn't put it down.

     "Chiron told me to find you," Will explained as he walked toward her. Sheila frowned, taking off the gloves she used to protect her hands from being cut. "He wanted to speak to you in person, but there was a problem between the Ares and Hermes cabin."

Exasperated sighs resonated in the forges. The Ares and Hermes feud continued to last for over a month due to a prank that had gone wrong. Sheila still scolded two friends from the Hermes cabin as it was mainly their fault. 

     Will handed Sheila a folded paper after she asked him what Chiron wanted to tell her. The girl hesitantly grabbed it and glanced at Charlie. He nodded at her, knowing what was written was probably personal. Motioning for Will to follow her outside, Sheila picked up her bag of tools and marched out of the hot place. 

It felt refreshing when the cold morning breeze hit her face, Sheila smiling slightly at Nature's way of saying hello. For just a moment, Sheila allowed herself to forget about the letter in her hand and the nightmares tormenting her since she discovered the Great Prophecy. She only focused on the grass under her shoes and the trees surrounding her. While she would have liked to see the moon, Sheila appreciated the sight of the sun. It reassured her that her nightmare was just that: a nightmare. 

     Accompanying Will until they reached the Archery Field, Sheila greeted the boys from the Apollo cabin while accidentally tripping her best friend, Michael Yew. She had rushed to the Big House before he could do the same to her, throwing him a smirk as she ran. Her smirk widened when she heard the laughs of Michael's siblings. 

Pushing through the crowd of campers, Sheila easily reached the Big House. From all the times she went there, the path was printed in her head. Even with closed eyes, she could find her way. The camp director, the god Dionysus — or as everyone called him, Mr D — and the activities director, Chiron, were sat at a table on the porch, playing a game of cards. Sheila didn't bother to make her presence known, waiting for them to notice by themselves. She was already mad enough that she couldn't continue Lee's bow. She wouldn't talk unless needed. 

     To her dismay, Chiron noticed she had arrived quite fast. He put his cards down, earning an eye roll from Mr D. Sheila forced herself to smile, but she was pretty sure the boredness could be seen on her face. 

"Sheila, I didn't think you'd come to see me now," Chiron admitted as he motioned for her to follow him inside the Big House. "If I'm correct, Lee's bow isn't fixed yet."

     Restraining a roll of her eyes, Sheila forced a smile on her face. "It will be by the end of the week, for sure. Just some technical problems to fix here and there, then it'll be as good as the new one Will received last week." Sheila glanced at the Archery Field, a wince leaving her mouth as she noticed Will missing his target, and the arrow rebounded toward him. "Maybe I should fix his, too."

"No time for that," Chiron dismissed. He stood by a painting on the wall, Sheila trying her hardest not to look at it. "I can only assume you haven't read the letter, considering there has been no change in the weather since last night."

     "For the last time, it was an accident—" Sheila tried to speak, but Chiron's stare shut her off.

"I am aware, Sheila," he reassured, the girl sighing in relief. "We shall discuss this matter later. The letter is what you're here for." Chiron walked toward the table where Sheila knew the cabin counsellors met to talk about simple things concerning the camp. She frowned as he wiped the dust left on its surface. "Usually, letters sent magically cannot get past the camp's barriers. But for some reason, this one arrived right here, on this table, this morning."

     Sheila began to understand what Chiron was implying. Her eyes narrowed. "You mean to say a witch sent it?"

"Why don't you read it?" Chiron proposed.

     Even though she didn't want to, Sheila shifted her gaze onto the letter. She raised it to her eyes, unfolding it and slowly taking in its words. Her jaw dropped, as did her heart. A gush of wind almost forced the door open.

To the only witch at Camp Half-Blood,

It has been an awfully long time, little witch. Please believe me when I say being away from you for so long was only for your safety. We all knew you could never be safe out in the world, not when you have this powerful magic flowing inside your veins. After so many years, I can only imagine your power grew beautifully. 
There are many more things I want to say, but if this letter ends up in the wrong hands, I would rather put as little on it as I can. You will know everything eventually. 
War is brewing. The world is changing, and old forces are awakening. I do not know how this will all end, but I know you are in great danger. Your magic plays a significant part in this war, and someone wants it for themselves. They may already be after you as I am writing this, but you can stop them. Beware who you trust, and remember who your allies are. 

I will see you soon, little witch. Always and Forever.

A tear dropped on the rusty paper. Sheila quickly wiped her eyes to avoid any more tainting the letter. Her heart stung as she came to terms with what she read. She believed her family had abandoned her for five years, but now this anonymous person said they were staying away for her protection. Anger and betrayal darkened the golden of her irises, the sky outside filling with stormy clouds. Chiron carefully stepped back, unsure whether or not she would take her anger out on him.

     "Sheila," he called.

"They never came back," she whispered, her voice breaking. "Did you know? I want you to tell me the truth."

     Chiron sighed, bowing his head in shame. "I understand your rage, but it was a necessary evil. Being away from Mystic Falls has kept you safe for years. We couldn't afford to put your life on the line, even if it meant lying to you."

Staring straight into his eyes, Sheila tore the letter apart and threw it in the trash. People had repeated this speech of doing everything for her protection countless times again, but over years of betrayal, she came to learn they only made the situation worse. Trying to protect her always had bad repercussions. Her mother and father could have been proof of that if they hadn't died. 

     "So... someone's after me, my family knows I'm alive. I could have avoided five years of useless guilt, but you decided to lie to protect me?" Sheila asked, her tone dripping in sarcasm. "Good plan. It didn't at all give me unnecessary trauma."

Sheila usually tended to avoid showing how she felt. Most of the time, her comments made others think she didn't care about anything. The truth was, however, that she cared more than anyone. Chiron knew this, and for him to not even think about how she would have felt after such a big lie caused a shatter in Sheila's heart. Out of everyone, she thought Chiron would be the one person she could always trust, yet she was crying inside because he made the wrong decision. 

     "If you don't mind, I'll go now." Her eyes had probably turned red from tears, and Sheila mentally scolded herself. "I have a bow to finish, and I have to figure out how not to get killed because of this mysterious person after me."

Ignoring his call for her, Sheila rushed toward the door and closed it quickly once she was out of the Big House. She sighed in relief as the wind hit her face softly, momentarily taking the weight off her shoulders. It reminded her she was never alone as long as Nature was awakened. Its wild spirit would be with her until she was no longer breathing. That was the promise Sheila felt in the wind. 

     Someone shouting out her name brought Sheila out of her trance, a smile breaking on her face at the sight of Annabeth down at the Sword Fighting Area. Luke stood beside the girl, sweaty from training the younger kids in the Hermes cabin. He motioned for Sheila to come and join them, the latter doing so instantly.

"Look who finally quit the forges to get some daylight," Luke commented teasingly, Sheila scowling at him in return. 

     "Remember who repairs your sword when you break it," Sheila pointed out. She glanced at the Hermes kids taking a break from training. "I didn't know there was a lesson this morning. Need any help?"

Luke handed Sheila her chosen weapon, and the girl's mood was lifted upon seeing it. She pointed its tip at Annabeth, the latter moving it away with an annoyed expression. As Sheila raised her hands in surrender, Luke accepted her help to demonstrate the following technic. He called back the younger kids to the centre of the arena, Sheila standing beside Annabeth behind him.

     Training the youngest at camp had never been a problem for Sheila. She loved seeing their impressed faces as she showed them advanced technics to disarm their opponent. But today, all the kids decided they couldn't stay still and listen. She understood it was expected due to their battle reflexes keeping them active, but after her talk with Chiron, she wasn't having it. Noticing this, Annabeth looped her arm through Sheila's.

"What did you talk about with Chiron?" she asked quietly, not wanting to disturb Luke's lesson. "I saw you walking out of the Big House with your angry face on."

     "I do not have an angry face," Sheila whispered back, frowning. "And I'll tell you later. I don't want those little kids to hear about it."

Annabeth had grown incredibly curious but kept her mouth shut and nodded. If Sheila wanted to speak in private, then she would wait. 

     Once Luke finished verbally explaining the disarming technic he'd teach his siblings, he told them to work in different pairs than earlier. He waited for everyone to start practising before motioning for Sheila and Annabeth to grab swords. The former groaned as this weapon wasn't her favourite, far from that, but Luke wanted her to get better at using it. He kept reminding Sheila that she needed to be ready for any situation. It was a statement she hated but understood. As a demigod, you could never know what the Fates had prepared for you.

Rolling her shoulders back, Sheila got into the fighting stance Luke showed her during their last sword lesson. Annabeth stayed behind to watch and wait for her turn. A smirk graced her lips. Watching her friends fight was always interesting. She had to admit it was better when Sheila had something other than a sword in hand, but her agility remained impressive.

     "So, ready to lose again?" Luke asked teasingly.

Sheila scoffed. "I wouldn't be too confident, Luke."

     A flame burst in Sheila's palm, announcing the fight had begun.

Luke was the first to send a hit. Sheila swiftly blocked him, throwing her flame at his feet to disrupt his balance. As the boy staggered backwards, Sheila threw a punch that he managed to avoid. The smirk had vanished from Luke's face, leaving space for the intimidating stare he gave all his opponents to scare them. Sheila didn't let herself get impressed, jumping back as his sword slashed at her stomach. Her agility was valuable when sparing with Luke. It was her only way to keep up.

     From where she stood, Annabeth cheered Sheila on as the two swords collided against each other. By now, many kids had stopped practising to watch the fight, some betting on who would win. Annabeth rolled her eyes at them but still placed her bet on Luke. As much as she trusted Sheila's fighting skills, Luke remained the best swordsman of their generation.

The fight went on, the two now circling each other. Sheila's stare now matched Luke's, but her stamina wouldn't last long. She chose to stay on her defence, waiting for an attack. Right when Luke struck, her feet moved her body out of the way. Twirling her sword, she attacked the boy from behind, but he sidestepped and disarmed her in a blink. His sword was pointed at her neck as Sheila groaned in defeat.

     "And once again, I won," Luke teased.

In reply, Sheila pointed a threatening finger at him. "One day, I'll beat you and make you regret every time you underestimated me."

     "I didn't underestimate you," he pointed out as the kids around them watched their interaction as if it were a tennis game. Annabeth eyed them with amusement. "I'm just better. Admit it."

Sheila stuck her tongue at him, "Never in my life, and don't say I didn't warn you."

     The trio chuckled as Annabeth went next up against Luke. The kids returned to fighting amongst themselves. Sheila was disappointed that her friends' fight didn't last very long, but considering Annabeth had been here all morning, she didn't blame her exhaustion. While Luke pointed out a mistake she shouldn't make twice, Sheila left them to assist two Hermes boys fighting with no technique.

To her surprise, they listened to her advice. By the time Luke announced the end of the lesson, they had done the disarming technic perfectly. Sheila congratulated them, smiling as they ran happily toward the Dining Pavilion. Wrapping her arm around Annabeth's shoulders, the two girls waved at Luke before following the crowd of campers rushing to eat.

     "So," Annabeth spoke, moving Sheila's arm so she could interlock it with her own, "are we gonna talk about why you went to see Chiron?"

Sheila exhaled through her nose, slightly frustrated. It wasn't Annabeth that angered her, but more so the subject they were supposed to talk about. While she had tried not to let it affect her, knowing that her family was aware of her location put years of pain in perspective. She could have been home now, sharing tea with her aunts and listening to them gossiping. But they left her at Camp Half-Blood. They, in a way, abandoned her.

     "After the meal, okay?" Sheila proposed. "It's still early, so we can walk around the lake later, and I'll tell you everything. I'm just starving right now."

Though annoyed, Annabeth agreed. "Fine, but not later than that."

     Sheila smiled at her. They parted ways as they reached the Dining Pavilion. The table reserved for the Hephaestus cabin was animated. A not-so-unusual occurrence. In her five years at camp, the girl noticed her siblings were the loudest, even though the Hermes cabin could rival them. 

Will waved at Sheila as she passed by the Apollo table. She ruffled his hair and punched Michael's shoulder before sitting beside Charlie. He and their brother Jake were arguing about who was the quickest builder between them while their younger brother Shane shook his head in exhaustion. A scoff left Sheila's mouth as Jake tried to drag her into their argument.

     "I am not taking sides," the girl voiced. "Why are you even debating this? Is there a competition for Hephaestus kids I didn't know about?"

Shane sighed. "They're just being idiots. That's why they're debating this."

     "We're not being idiots," Jake denied. "It's important to know the answer to this question if there's, let's say, a war going on."

"You and your war obsession." Sheila rolled her eyes. "And war doesn't start randomly. This argument is useless unless a child of the Big Three pops up in the camp."

     Charlie pointed a finger at her. "Do not doubt the gods and their horn—"

Jake covered Shane's ears, giving Charlie wide eyes. "There's a child at this table, brother."

     They all laughed as Shane pushed Jake away with such strength he fell from his seat. The sound died down instantly as Chiron marched forward and made the usual toast to the gods. Sheila's voice was unheard in the sea of demigods, probably because she didn't even bother to open her mouth. Charlie nudged her, but she only gave him a deadpanned look. If the gods wanted her to make a toast in their honour, they should give her a reason to do it.

The minutes following the toast were reserved for the offering. During that time, demigods were supposed to give their godly parents a portion of their food. Sheila walked behind Charlie as he led the way to where they burned the food. 

     "Father dearest, if you'd please, help me figure out what my dream meant."

Unlike her first year at camp, Sheila didn't feel disappointed. She merely sighed and went back to sit at her table. Putting her chin in her palm, she let her brothers do all the conversation and remained silent. The offering could make her go silent since it always reminded her of who was at fault for the loss of her childhood. It reminded her that Bonnie Bennett was dead because of the gods.

. • ° . • °

     When she was young, Sheila hated being surrounded by silence. There used to be too many voices in her head speaking relentlessly when the world went quiet that she got the habit of seeking loudness. It had only been after Michael Yew brought her to the lake at four in the morning that she understood the voices could be tamed if she focused on the sound the water produced. It was so peaceful it quieted Sheila's problems down for a moment of serenity.

Letting her legs dangle above the water's surface, Sheila breathed in the scent of Nature. The flowers floating around, the salty air from the beach a few miles away, every little scent made her feel calm. She closed her eyes to savour them even more, the corner of her lips twitching up as the waves crashing against the shore of the beach managed to be heard despite how far they were. 

     "Sometimes I wonder if you're actually a child of Demeter with how much you love Nature," Annabeth spoke from behind Sheila. "You're more outside than Katie Gardner, and that's saying something."

Sheila chuckled as she picked up a Lotus flower from the lake. "A legacy, maybe. Or maybe that's a secret my mom never bothered to share with me."

     Instead of laughing with her, Annabeth put a hand on her shoulder. "Shei, what was in the letter that made you mad all day? The sky was clear this morning, then suddenly it wasn't."

For a few seconds, Sheila didn't answer Annabeth's question. She kept her eyes on the Lotus in her palm, its blue colour catching her attention. She remembered just yesterday how small it was. It had now fully blossomed. 

     "I was four when I first became obsessed with Lotuses," she voiced, Annabeth frowning at the information. "My aunt took me to this lake hidden in the woods of Mystic Falls. She said she discovered it at least a thousand years ago, but it didn't shock me, considering she's been alive since the Vikings. The colours of the Lotuses, however, did shock me. They were all so vibrant, alive. One was even bright yellow. You'd like that one. Its colour means mental clarity and wisdom."

Annabeth rolled her eyes, but she couldn't stop the grin growing on her face. 

     "At the end of the day, when the moon came to replace the sun, the whole lake looked like it was bioluminescent," Sheila continued, the memory playing in her head. "That's when my aunt promised me Always and Forever. She said that no matter where I was, my family would remain by my side. That if I was lost, they would find me."

It took Annabeth one look into Sheila's eyes to realize where she was going. In all their years together, she learned that promises were important to Sheila more than anything else. She also discovered that everyone had broken the promises they made her. 

     "They know you're alive, don't they?" Annabeth asked, her eyes saddening at Sheila's nod.

"Chiron knew, too," Sheila added. "They apparently agreed that it was better for my safety if I stayed here. It's just a bunch of crap, honestly."

     Annabeth didn't correct Sheila's language this time. In this situation, Sheila had every right to feel angry. 

They didn't speak again after that. Sheila let her head fall on Annabeth's shoulder as they watched the day end. It was rare for them to be so calm, to stay put and silent. Usually, the two girls were up and battling each other or trying to understand the new prophecy. But it seemed Annabeth required this peace Sheila got each time she went to the lake.

     After an hour of silence, a new discussion started between them. It was lighter than the previous one, even bringing them to grin. Moments like this one, when the girls were between themselves, sharing laughs and smiles, were the memories Sheila would preserve her entire life. It might have been why the smallest part of her was relieved that her family hadn't returned. Without Annabeth, she wouldn't make it through the day. They shared so many secrets that it was impossible to imagine not having the girl by her side.

As she listened to Annabeth explaining a new architectural idea she had gotten, Sheila felt herself frown. She got on her feet abruptly, accidentally bringing Annabeth up, too, since their arms were intertwined. Annabeth protested, but upon noticing the panicked look on her face, she looked at what caused Sheila's change of behaviour. When she spotted the cause, they shared a glance and took off toward the two figures lying on the Big House's porch. 

     Two boys were there at the girls' arrival. Sheila instantly kneeled beside the shorter one, her fingers touching his neck to find a pulse. A sigh passed her lips as she felt the weak pumping of the boy's heart. Annabeth's voice was small when she asked if they were alive, Sheila nodding and urging her to find Chiron. In seconds, Annabeth's footsteps became silent, and Sheila was alone with the boys.

Examining the boy with messy, jet-black hair, Sheila tried to reach for the Minotaur horn he held tightly in his hand. Her hand barely made contact with it when the boy stirred from his unconscious state, causing her to yelp. She jumped back, her eyes narrowing at his familiar features. Had she seen him somewhere before?

     "W-where's my mom?" were his first spoken words.

Sheila's jaw dropped slightly as his eyes parted open. Their sea-green colour was the detail she needed to recognize him as the boy from her dreams. He asked his question again, Sheila almost answering him but then focusing on who lay beside him.

     "So that's where Grover was," she mumbled. "And you got a Minotaur horn in your hands. That is amazing. Truly amazing. What am I supposed to do now?"

"Where's my mom?" the boy asked for the third time, his tone clearer.

     Sheila shushed him as she looked over her shoulder. She was glad to see Chiron running toward her, Annabeth not too far behind him. Standing up, Sheila allowed the centaur to see who had entered camp Half-Blood. 

"He's the one, he must be," Annabeth voiced.

     "Annie, let's discuss this when the child is awake," Sheila suggested. "Do I bring him to the infirmary, or we let him freeze to death outside?"

Chiron gave her a stern look, Sheila holding her hands up in defence while muttering a levitation spell. The boy and Grover's bodies floated in the air beside them as she marched with Annabeth to where she could tend the two's wounds.

     "I'm sure you're right, by the way," Sheila whispered to her friend. "But I'm not sure it's a good thing."

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N After days and weeks, the first chapter is finally out!

Not gonna lie, I am insanely excited about this fic. While I love Percabeth with all my heart, Sheila and Percy own me. 

This book will not be updated regularly, instead randomly, since I'm busy with all of my other books. However, I hope you'll all like it as much as I love writing every moment.

Please vote and comment if you want. It always helps give some motivation.

Hope you all have a great day or whatever time it is where you are;)

-voidheda

EDIT:
To all the people reading this book, it's finally back. I am trying my best to install a regular schedule for the updates, but I never follow any schedule so the chapters won't be constant. 

Please bear with me. This book is my baby

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

217K 7.2K 49
❝ 𝙎𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙔, 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙍 𝙂𝙄𝙍𝙇, I just have to make sure I can still look at you." ❝ 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙄𝘾𝙀, Jackson.❞ ...
1M 33.1K 47
𝑺𝑼𝑵𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑬 ❝ all right, Sunshine, brighten up ❞ ❝ I will hit you ❞ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝...
77.1K 3K 31
❝ come on, come on, don't leave me like this i thought i had you figured out ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 two demigods, both forbidden in many different ways, f...
129K 3.6K 31
❝ 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐎𝐓. ❞ or sarcastic plus sarcastic seemed to mix well-or not. iro...