That Voice Actor's Voice

By polaris_epsilon

Embark on a rollercoaster ride of workplace drama, hidden secrets, and unexpected friendships in "Ordinary Ec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 14

3 0 0
By polaris_epsilon

I went out of the cubicle, washed and dried my hands and face. I looked on the mirror and I could see my eyes are still red from crying.

I just have to wait a little more before I can return to the office.

I can't stand with both of my feet on the ground because pressure makes it painful for my right ankle.

I looked at my right ankle and I can see it's a bit red and swollen. Good thing I'm wearing slacks today. If not, it would be obvious that I've got an injury.

I think my foot landed in a twisted position and that's why my foot hurts hell! It's more painful after I walked fast going to the comfort room.

A few minutes later, I can hear footsteps going inside the comfort room and I saw one of the two ladies positioned beside me while the other one positioned beside of the lady. They are retouching their makeup. I pretended to fix my hair so that it should not be obvious that I'm waiting for a few minutes here in the comfort room before I could return to the office.

As I am pretending to fix my hair, I over heard their conversation.

"The hot bachelor was running down the hallway. He looks cool running." Said the lady beside me.

"You bet! I should have bumped to him and mark him with my lipstick on his collar!" The other lady laughed while retouching her lips with lipstick.

Hot bachelor? That's Charles! He might be looking for me! Oh no, he'll reprimand me for leaving him at the storage room for saying nothing! Good thing he really did not catch up to me! I don't want to return yet to the office!

"He already went down the elevator. I rarely see him at our floor and I was super happy when we saw him. I want to be in the marketing department too!"

"Shut up hahaha! You've got a boyfriend!" Both of them were chuckling. They are now finished with their retouch and they went out of the comfort room.

I stopped pretending fixing my hair and I looked at my eyes on the mirror to see if my eyes are still red. My eyes are now fine and back to normal.

I sneakily peeked outside of the comfort room to see if Charles is still in this floor. I'm relieved that he's not here.

I thought of going to the nurse's office to get some treatment for my ankle before going back to the office.

I rode the elevator to go down one floor and I went directly to the nurse's office. While walking going towards the nurse's office, I made sure no one saw me from my department that I went here. Thankfully no one saw me. I try to walk normally so that no one would notice I'm in pain though I would stop for a moment to rest my foot.

I explained to the nurse what happened and the nurse gave me an ice pack for my ankle. I was asked to lay down and elevate my foot.

The nurse said I should make sure to see a doctor if pain persists longer. She also said that I could rest here for 15-20 minutes and she'll wrap a compression bandage before I go.

The nurse closed the cubicle curtain and she went back to her work area.

I felt relief laying here with my foot elevated along with an ice pack.

What should I say that I left him in the storage room? What excuse should I tell him? Everyone in the office might wonder where did I go since Charles probably returned to the office.

I don't care anymore. I will just say I got a bad stomach. If they laugh at me with that reason then so be it.

After twenty minutes, the nurse opened the cubicle curtain. I got up and removed the ice pack from my foot.

The nurse asked me if my foot is still painful. I said to the nurse that the the pain has subsided a little bit but there's still pain that is still bearable.

I can see that my ankle joint is still swollen but the size has reduced unlike earlier. The nurse put a compression bandage around my ankle.

I stood up on the floor and I can now put a little bit more of pressure on my right foot. The nurse looked at my shoes and she suggested that I should wear slippers for the time being because my shoes have heels at about 1.5-2 inches in height that will cause more pressure and stress on my ankle joint.

The nurse was willing to lend me the clinic slippers but I declined. I just said that I'll be careful in walking and showed her that I can stand properly.

I will be the center of attraction if my colleagues see me wearing slippers. I would hate that!

I was released by the nurse and told me again to go and see a doctor if pain persists longer.

I finally went outside the clinic and started walking slowly to go to my office.

I'm now facing the door of my office. I inhaled and exhaled to make me feel relaxed before I enter the office. I put on a happy facial expression and I went in to the office.

As I went in, I looked at everyone and suddenly all of them looked at me. I can see Charles coming over to me with his furious face.

As usual, his strict tone of voice continues to linger on his words.

"Where in the world did you go?! You didn't even tell me where you're going!"

Reese stood up and went up to me and gave me my phone.

"We tried to call you but you forgot to bring your phone. I was worried when Sir Charles asked if you have returned to the office from the storage room. It took a while before you returned here. Where were you?" Reese concernly asked.

Of course I will not tell the real reason that I was in the nurse's office. I said to them that my stomach has gone bad. I'm rubbing my belly in front of them to act as if I was really had a bad stomach. I just said that I was in the comfort room all this time.

"I thought you were scared during the black out earlier and hid somewhere!" Henry mockingly said this.

"Silly, I wouldn't be scared just because there was a black out earlier." I said this with a playful tone.

"What? That's all?" Charles said in relief. "You could have said something."

Reese pointed Charles using her thumb and said "He was out of breath when he came up to me asking if you already returned. Maybe this guy was the one who's scared from the dark and to be left alone." Reese laughed.

"No I'm not scared. Of course I would be worried if someone did not tell me anything to where he or she will be going. I thought something happened to Barling." said Charles.

"Did something happen to the both of you back there in the storage room?" Reese curiously asked.

"Nothing out of ordinary. Sir Charles just helped me in returning the binder to the top shelf and he caught me falling from the step ladder." I said.

Reese eyes widened and looked at Charles. She cheekily said "Really?"

I looked at Charles and he sneered. "We almost fell to the ground. That would be dangerous."

I'm hoping that he would not comment about me having an extra weight on my body! That would be extreme if he will tell it to everybody!

"Good thing I got the strength to catch her." Said Charles.

I'm internally panicking right now. Don't say the insult that you've said earlier Charles! Please! I'm already humiliated enough!

"Oh. At least your safe, Athena." Reese smiled at me.

"Enough talking. Get back to work, we have a lot of things to do." Charles left and went back to his work area.

We went back to our work desks. Reese poked me and whispered to me.

"Hey, both of you were alone in the dark in the storage room. How was it?"

I'm puzzled about Reese's question. I whispered back saying "He's the same as always. Nothing unusual."

"No way. I just don't believe it." Reese said.

"What are you imploring? Nothing naughty happened, you know. You know how I don't like him, same goes with him." I reassured her.

"Nothing." Reese said this with her voice in a high pitched tone. "I just got worried because Charles was very disturbed when he asked me if you have already returned here."

I rolled my eyes. "He just wanted to chew me out because I left without without saying anything. I don't have the courage to say that my stomach was reacting." I said.

"Alright. If that's what you say, I believe you." Reese said.

Reese positioned herself back to her desk.

I changed the subject and asked if there was a black out here in the office. She said that the black out also happened here.

While working on my desk, I can feel my ankle joint still hurts. Whenever I move my right foot, it hurts but tolerable. I want to go home now. If I just sleep it through the night, my foot might get better
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's lunch time and everyone is now on their own way to eat their lunch. Reese invited me to eat in the canteen. I said to her that I want to eat in the office since I wanted to eat here once in a while but the truth is I don't want to put stress my foot and go walk with a painful foot.

I'm all alone in the office and I'm eating my packed lunch. Thank God its quiet here. I can have my peace here!

While eating, I'm browsing some updates in twitter and instagram about Lucas. I'm so happy seeing his gorgeous images. Lucas's personal IG also contains gorgeous images though he rarely posts since he's busy.

Both Lucas and Conrad are recording for the anime right now, maybe? I want to witness a recording session again with Lucas being the one having the recording session.

I blew a flying kiss to Lucas's image on my phone. My stress and sadness are all gone. Can't wait to see you, Lucas. We'll meet on Friday, my love! I hope we'll get more closer!

I finished eating my lunch and packed away my lunch box. I drank my water from my drinking bottle and I noticed I emptied my drink. I decided to refill my drinking bottle to the pantry.

I stood up from my chair and I can still the pain from my foot but it's not that painful unlike earlier.

I went to the pantry and I saw Zilly and Henry on the vending machine contemplating what drink to buy.

I don't want them to notice me but I have no choice. The vending machine is near the water dispenser so definitely they will see me.

As I went to the vending machine, Henry noticed me refilling my drinking bottle.

"Hello there, Miss V mentor!" Henry energetically said.

I looked at him and I just smiled at him.

"You're calling her Miss B? As in shortcut for Barling?" Zilly questioned Henry.

"Not B, it's V as in-" Henry whispered to Zilly.

I can see Zilly is laughing from Henry's whisper. I know what he's talking about.

"It's suited for her! I might call you this from now on!" Zilly said.

I sighed and I pleaded that they should not call me that. I even said that it's insulting.

"Why not? The letter V has a similar sound to B." Zilly said.

I gave them a furious look. Both of them were surprised at me however, they're still mocking me.

"How scary. Just chill. Be a sport, will ya?" Henry said this with a mockery tone.

"She's always like that, getting all sensitive. Let's go back to the office." Zilly looked to me from head to foot and sneered at me.

They left the pantry room and I'm left alone. I filled up my drinking bottle and I closed the lid of my bottle securely.

I suddenly felt depressed. I shook my head to shake off what I'm currently feeling. I don't want to feel this while I'm working. Just let those insults come in to one ear and let it out to the other ear.
.
.
.
.
.

Work has continued continued and finally it's time to go home. I'm currently worried if I could walk properly going home. Maybe I should book an Uber so that I can go home directly to my house. I already installed and know how to use it because lesson learned! It was hassle without that app in my phone just like the time when we ate at Garland city.

I'll book a ride at the lobby when I arrive there.

Reese and I are now walking towards the elevator but currently it has a long line. She suddenly suggested to use the other elevator that could go to specific floors. I agreed and rode the elevator.

The floor we're in can go down up until the second floor so we have to use the stairs to go down to the ground floor. Oh boy, it will be hard to go down the stairs acting like I'm alright due to the pain I'm feeling right now from my right foot.

We are now at the 2nd floor and walking towards the staircase. I'm kind of scared right now as we are now approaching the staircase.

Reese started going down the stairs and I stopped at the top of the staircase. I tried to step first on to the stairs using my left foot first and then the right foot. I try to not put too much at my right foot. My right ankle still hurts.

I'm almost at the last step of the staircase. Reese is already at the ground floor and is waiting for me to go down completely. As I am about to step at the last step using my right foot, I did not look at my step but I looked at a distance and saw Zilly and Henry looking at me that it seemed like they are chuckling at me.

I suddenly felt triggered.

I suddenly missed my landing on to the last step, twisted my right ankle again and fell down the stairs. While I fell down from the stairs, I heard Reese screamed with shock. I landed on the floor with my arms extended down on the floor.

Oh my gosh. I literally felt the excruciating pain I'm feeling right now on my right foot. I can't take the pain anymore! It's more like the pain was tripled!

Reese ran towards me and panicked. She's trying to help me up but she can barely help me stand up since I can't stand properly. I want to cry due to the extreme pain but I don't want people seeing me crying.

I looked at my surroundings and people are stating at me! How embarrassing!

I tried to lift up myself but it's hard because my knees got hurt too and it's painful!

Reese put my arm around her shoulders to help me to stand.

"Are you okay?! I saw that you missed your footing! That's gotta hurt!" She said.

I'm breathing rapidly because I'm trying to regulate the pain I'm feeling.

Reese helped me to walk and reach the sofa lobby at a near distance. I sat down and Reese panicked saying that she will call the company nurse.

I stopped her from calling the nurse by saying it is unnecessary. I said that I just need to rest. I'm still keeping up my "alright" face.

"I can give you a ride home. I just need to call my boyfriend." Reese suggested.

"No! I don't want to trouble your boyfriend! I'll just book an Uber to go home." I said.

I heard someone running towards us and that person was Charles.

"I just met with Zilly and Henry. They said you fell from the stairs." Charles said while speaking in a panicky tone.

"She missed her step and I think I saw her foot got twisted when she landed on the floor." Reese said.

I saw Charles looking at my foot but I suddenly hid it behind my left foot because he might see the bandage on my right foot.

"Why you're wearing that bandage?" Charles asked.

Oh no. He saw it.

Reese also looked at my right foot. "You're right, I didn't notice that. You're wearing a bandage." Reese then looked at me and said "Are you injured? That means you're already injured before you fell down and that foot got twisted just now."

"Tell me, you're in extreme pain, aren't you?" Charles said.

"N-no. I'm alright." I said.

"There you go again. You just don't say anything. Just tell us if you're in extreme pain and I'll bring you to the hospital." Charles sternly said this.

"Yeah, tell us if you're really in pain. You've got to go to the hospital to examine your right foot since you injured it again." Reese said.

Charles half kneeled in front of me and forcefully grabbed my right leg. He threatened me that he'll try to squeeze my ankle joint if I still say that I won't go to the hospital.

I'm still acting stubborn and still refusing them by saying I'm alright. I'm trying to pull away my right leg from his grip but he's still forcing to pull leg near him.

I don't want to further interact with this person! I find him disgusting right now that he suddenly acted concerned about me! It shivers me down to my spine! Why won't he ignore me just like Zilly and Henry standing over there and whispering.

"You want the hard way, do ya?" Charles challenged me by having a forceful grip on my leg then suddenly he tightly squeezed my ankle joint using his other hand.

I shrieked and I immediately covered my mouth to shut myself from shrieking due to the excruciating pain that Charles caused by squeezing my ankle joint.

What the hell?! He squeezed my ankle joint! I can't take it anymore. The pain is killing me!

I can't stop myself from crying. Tears suddenly started to fall down on my cheeks. The facade I'm showing to them turned from being alright to being in pain.

"Hey! Why did you do that! You just made Athena feel more in pain! That's unnecessary!" Reese got mad at Charles.

"She's so stubborn, that's why! She can't even properly express that she's in pain!" Charles said.

Charles stood up and said "I'll go get my car. Wait for me here."

Charles ran and went to get his car from the parking.

Reese sat beside me and said "You should have said something about the injury you have. Why didn't you tell me anything earlier? I should have helped you going down the stairs or we didn't have take the stairs"

I removed my hand from my mouth and I apologized to her for not telling it beforehand because I don't want anyone to worry.

"When did you have that injury on your foot?" Reese asked.

I contemplated if I should tell her the truth but I decided to tell her the truth about my injury.

"I just got this earlier in the morning." I said.

Reese was puzzled. "This morning?"

Reese was in deep thought for a moment then he she suddenly thought of something. "Is this when the both of you were in the storage room?"

I said that she's correct. I emphasized that it was entirely my fault because of the black out that I didn't see my way down from the step ladder.

I can see Charles running towards to us. He grabbed my right arm and put it around his shoulders. He helped me to stand up and his other arm is wrapped around my waist.

I started to feel conscious when I felt his arm wrapped around my waist. He just told me that I have extra meat on my waist so this made me extra conscious but I don't have the time to protest right now, my ankle is in excruciating pain right now!

Reese grabbed my bag and helped me to stand up also. The both of them assisted me to walk towards to the car outside. I can't anymore put pressure on my right foot so I'm just using my left foot to walk.

Reese opened the door on the passenger seat and then Charles carefully positioned me inside of his passenger seat. He closed the door and I can see from my side that Charles and Reese are talking. What are they talking about?

I faced in front and I relaxed myself. I'm kind of worried what will my parents say if they saw me being injured. They will really worry me.

Charles went inside of the car on the driver's seat and he put my bag and his bag at the back seat. He turned on the engine and started to drove off.

"I thought Reese will come with us." I said.

"That's unnecessary. She will just add crowd in the ER." He said.

While driving, he reached for the dashboard compartment in front of me and opened it. He grabbed a box of tissues and gave it to me.

"Wipe your tears with this."

I got the box from him and I grabbed a piece of tissue then I wiped my tears off.

»»»»»End of Chapter 14«««««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 239 37
Athena Myers is a pretty girl. She hate liars and prefers cute guys over hot. She is sarcastic as hell. Short-tempered and totally lives in her dream...
614K 11.4K 41
Book #1 (Tainted Scars Series) He grabbed my waist and pulled me down into his lap. "Do I have to fuck you in front of your brother? Is that what it...
206 32 28
Meet 20 - year old Athena Carter, a small town American girl turned Oxford Nanny with good grades, determination, and a rough past, England bound for...
399K 8.1K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...