Revelation Of The Chosen (Boo...

By RJS416

Magic is not real! Ancient History is just a part of someone's fabrication put into books. Shark and Troy do... More

Thank You to Supporters of the RW
Prologue
Chapter 0: A Distant Past
Chapter 1: The Skeptics of Magic
Chapter 2: The Dark One's Journey Begins
Chapter 3: Ancient History
Chapter 4: The Rothom Archives
Chapter 5: To The Museum
Chapter 6: Intruder in the Halls
Chapter 7: The Egyptian Exhibit
Chapter 8: The Clash
Chapter 9: Mesmerizing Words of Terror
Chapter 10: The Final Guards
Chapter 11: Mummies Alive
Chapter 12: Stolen Scrolls
Chapter 13: Pierce Through to Another Time
Chapter 14: The Mysterious Stranger
Chapter 15: A Thousand Questions
Chapter 16: The Thief and The Thunderer
Chapter 17: Hungry Inhabitants
Chapter 18: An Unexpected Ally?
Chapter 19: Fight Thunder with Fire
Chapter 20: Secret Revealed
Chapter 21: The New World Observed
Chapter 22: A Warning from the Trees
Chapter 23: Competition and Bullies
Chapter 24: Giant Dangerous Arachnids
Chapter 25: Rise like the Winds and Devour like the Water
Chapter 26: To Trust or Not to Trust
Chapter 27: The Hidden Underground Den
Chapter 28: The Forest of Intensions
Chapter 29: The Mermaid's Scream
Chapter 30: The Nylus Rainbow Scale
Chapter 31: Perils of the Island
Chapter 32: The Questioning Begins
Chapter 33: The Hyods
Chapter 34: The Ruincrucians
Chapter 35: Panthora and General Chrome
Chapter 36: Battling Vegetables
Chapter 38: Land of the Mist
Chapter 39: The Return of the Hyod of Wind
Chapter 40: The Hyod Council
Chapter 41: The Balance Between Light and Dark Tipped
Chapter 42: The Messiah of Darkness
Chapter 43: A Dangerous Encounter
Chapter 44: Grave News
Chapter 45: Vulnerable
Chapter 46: Confrontations and Conflicts
Chapter 47: Revelation Of The Chosen
Chapter 48: Doublegangers
Chapter 49: The Radiant Warrior
Chapter 50: New School, New Curriculum
Chapter 51: Training Day
Chapter 52: War of Words
Chapter 53: Lord Rothom
Chapter 54: The Second Great War
Chapter 55: A Traitor
Chapter 56: Provoked and Unapologetic
Chapter 57: Secret Training
Chapter 58: Heartfelt Goodbyes
Chapter 59: A Trap Set
Chapter 60: Falling Warrior
Epilogue

Chapter 37: The Cries of the People

316 33 92
By RJS416

The sun was shining in all its glory and the great falls had changed its beautiful colour. It was now white. It had demonstrated change. It had signified light and hope. It was what they prayed for.

Troy and Shark watched Pyro and Chi-taki slice and dice giant nenwans and heave them into the boiling black cauldron, which simmered over a hot red flame huffed into existence by Pyro's breath.

"I cannot believe this is all happening. It seems so unreal. I want to wake up from this dream or should I say nightmare, but it doesn't seem possible."

"It's funny isn't it. This is what we've been trying all our lives to dispute and now we've been thrown into the heart of it. How ironic is that?"

"Well, I guess the universe wants us to learn that we've been complete jerks and it has decided to throw us into a world where mythological creatures and magic all exist," answered Troy, his sight on the trees and the falls.

They had no worries at all. They were aware of what their destiny was in life and accepted it without a second thought, but what were his and Shark's?

"This must be karma or payback, especially for Professor Valliant," said Shark.

Valliant's words were echoing in his head. He wanted to block out everything Valliant said to them, but his words were truly the strongest.

What would Valliant do in this situation? Would he accept what happened or would he panic like them?

"How long do you think we will be here?" asked a despondent Troy.

"Why do you say that? Chi-taki said his noble lord will be able to help us," reassured Shark.

However, the day grew older and he wondered where this person was?

"He said the noble lord will be able to help. He did not say in what way," replied a glum Troy.

"Well, I was hoping to do something about all this discrimination around here and I guess if we stay, I can help," said Shark with a somewhat comedic tone.

"I've watched you for the past day and I can see your attitude has done a complete one-eighty ever since you heard of all the unfair treatment in this world."

"I know you somewhat, secretly want to stay and help but we might be in danger if anyone else finds out where we're from," said Troy, with caution and intensity in his voice.

"I guess you're right. We've been attacked by every warrior and Beastial we've encountered so far, and we've only been here for two days," said Shark and he looked over at Chi-taki and Pyro.

"It must be hard on them, considering they must do this every day."

"I never thought of that. I guess we must be the biggest cowards to walk this land," retorted Troy with a second thought.

Chi-taki and Pyro had to endure the discretions of Axial, daily. Here he was looking for an easy way out, the safety of his home, the safety of his parents, and the safety of a world which could not compare to the perils of Chi-taki and Pyro's.

"There's something I just remembered," said a conflicted Shark.

"What?" asked Troy.

"When we were running away from Chi-taki, I recall seeing that boy. What was his name again? Oh yeah, Arion? He was talking to Chi-taki as if they're friends," whispered Shark, still staring at Pyro.

"Yeah. I remember that, but what's your point?" asked Troy, still puzzled.

"Don't you remember, this Arion guy was chasing Pyro who was the one in the red robe and Chi-taki knows them both but it appears they don't know each other," said Shark drawing Pyro's attention for a second.

"You're right. This could be disastrous," whispered Troy.

"I'm guessing, like Pyro, Arion has access to the den and might one day come face to face with him," said Shark.

How explosive would such a situation be? A brawl might break out between thunder and fire.

Pyro walked over to the two and they seized their conversation.

They thanked, what looked like a father and son duo for the meal and commenced eating, slurping up the stew placed in front of them.

Pyro blushed at the compliments and praises thrown his way. After they finished, Chi-taki cleared the table and began washing the dishes, leaving Pyro to mingle.

"So, where are the two of you really from?" asked Pyro, still obsessed with the unanswered question.

Shark and Troy gazed at Chi-taki who was electrocuting his dishes dry with jolts from his enormous fingernails. They were asking him for his approval.

"I don't believe the answer is on Chi-taki's face," said Pyro, observing them carefully.

"Tell him," responded Chi-taki. "I have raised Pyro since he was a babe and I know he can be trusted."

The two took turns describing to Pyro where they were truly from and all the ordeals and obstacles they had to endure in his world until they ended up safely into Chi-taki's den.

Pyro was absorbing it all but in disbelief. It all sounded impossible, implausible. All his life he had heard of the tale of the other world, Earth, the Lost Kingdom of Man but as he matured, he was told it was just a youngling's fable.

It was told only to frighten those in order to prevent them from misbehaving. He gazed at Chi-taki for reassurance and could see his green eyes telling him to accept it all. But it was still a big ice ball to swallow, the Lost Kingdom of Man, Earth, was real.

"It is all true Pyro," replied Chi-taki, hanging the dry plates on the hovering racks.

"If it's all true, then why didn't you tell me as I grew older? Why did you keep it a secret?" demanded Pyro.

"I have my reasons," replied Chi-taki, his eyes sternly fixed on Pyro, like a parent to about to scold. "First, I had to use it as a way of keeping you in line when you were a youngling. It was the only thing you feared as a youngster, being sent away there."

Pyro smiled and looked at the two and said, "I was somewhat of a troublemaker."

"Somewhat!" objected Chi-taki, revealing his son's fib. "Somewhat, try again."

"Okay, so I was the king, but that still doesn't explain why you kept it a secret as I matured," countered Pyro.

"Again, I have my reasons. I did not think it was time for you to know until you were a little older and able to truly deal with the matter," answered Chi-taki.

"Excuses, excuses," muttered Pyro and he looked over at Chi-taki out of the side of his eyes.

"The two of you must be somewhat strong if you learned your Rudiments so fast. It takes years for the truly strong to learn, yet the two of you learnt it in a day and held your ground against the notorious Ruincrucian Panthora at that too."

"Well, we've always been strong and I guess this world has brought out the best in us, so far," replied Shark with pride.

It was the only decent piece of thing he had left. Everything else was ripped away by Pyro's world.

Pyro continued on with his questioning. There was so much more he needed to know, now that half the things he thought were fables and tales were all real and just hidden in youngling stories.

He wanted to help Shark and Troy return home. He knew how hard it was to be away from loved ones. It ate away at him when he was taken away from Chi-taki and surely that was happening to Shark and Troy.

"Do you know who saved them from Panthora and sent them to our world?" asked Pyro.

Chi-taki flinched for a second, but it did not go unobserved. Troy noticed his reaction to Pyro's question. It was the same earlier. It was a tell.

"I have no idea of who it could possibly be. I wish I did. He would be a great asset to helping the two of you get back home," responded Chi-taki, grooming his chin hair.

"Well, Pyro, you've heard everything about us so what's your story?" asked Shark.

Pyro looked up at him in amazement. No one had ever asked him about his tale. No one except for Chi-taki that is.

Everyone else was too preoccupied with their own life to care about him. Others even wanted him incarcerated or worse because he was not from a certain class or looked a certain way.

"I am sure Chi-taki mentioned the war between the Empire of Light and Dark and how the Messiah of Darkness believes only the cruel and strong should hold power. Unfortunately, his beliefs have spread to the Light, including the great Hyods."

"What? That doesn't make sense? Chi-taki told us earlier about the Hyods. Yes, he said some had their reserves about warriors like him but in the end, they were the anti-Dark?" commented a perplexed Shark.

"Are they not protectors of the just and fighters for equality?"

"Most of them are, however I'm not sure if he has also told you this but there is this hidden feud between them, especially when it comes to who may attend Apprentice Hall or the Othyrus Castle. They believe common warriors aren't aware of it but we are."

"We can feel the tension rising, but to the cause of it, we don't know. Some believe warriors like Chi-taki and myself are primitive and Beastials who don't understand anything."

"These set of warriors believe we should be made into slaves to carry out their dirty work or worse, killed. Many followers of the Messiah have even sent out decrees to have those various things done," said Pyro with sorrow and anger in his voice.

He did not know how much it really hurt until someone outside of his class had asked such. But he was not unwanted. Chi-taki, Hanu and the underground warriors were proof of such.

"What the Hyods don't really see, is that the Messiah and his Ruincrucians are using this tactic as a way to get those same Beastial warriors on their side for the Third Great War, which will come."

Troy and Shark could not even imagine living in such terrible conditions, to be ostracized for their entire existence. The two felt guilty. They have always been pampered and given everything at their every whim.

Shark's blood was boiling and Troy could see it.

"There has to be a way to end this reign of tyranny so know one, now and in the future ever has to face such discrimination again," exclaimed Shark.

Which politician did he have to go to? Which group did he need to rally for change? Where did he have to make his stand and protest for a just tomorrow?

"I wish it was that easy. Countless have tried and failed," replied Pyro.

"So, just because you failed once, twice, three times, doesn't mean you give up. There is such a thing called perseverance," replied Shark with conviction in his voice.

He did not know where this sudden motivation of courage and fight was coming from, but he wanted to form a coalition and lobby the local authorities for change now.

"Trust me. No one has given up, especially not me," asserted Pyro. "However, without reinforcement and I mean a strong ally or two, the battles are just that, a battle, and nowhere remotely close to an end."

"Many of the primitives and undomesticated they speak of have fought and lost their lives without a smidge of change. This has deterred many from joining, for fear of no change and for fear of losing their loved ones or their way of life," carried on Chi-taki, gazing at Shark with more admiration.

"The side of Light," said Pyro with mockery. "The ones they call warriors and acknowledge as superiors are also fearful of retribution against their families. And in doing so, they have watched as this travesty continues."

Pyro stood up from his chair and placed his right palm to his chest. "Then there are those like myself who fight for amendment, no matter what the costs are. I know it sounds like I don't care about my family," and he gazed at Chi-taki.

The two were aware Chi-taki was Pyro's true family regardless of race and biology. With out looks, judgement, and scoffs, the two were father and son at the end of the day.

"But by not fighting, they are condemning their future family and friends to this. Many of my allies have been hurt though and I am helping to hide them, but it's not easy."

"How are you helping them?" asked Shark.

"Well, if the two of you promise not to say anything, then I will tell you," responded Pyro, shifting his attention between the two.

"Who're we going to tell?" replied Troy. "We're in danger equally as them. Recall Panthora wanted to gift wrap and deliver us to the Messiah of Darkness for some unknown reason."

"Well, when you put it that way," said Pyro. "I have been hiding them underground and unfortunately I've had to do some unforgettable acts to protect them, including stealing food and injuring intruders."

"It's for a good cause so the mere injuring or should I say warning, justifies protecting the hurt," said an understanding Shark.

"The two of you mentioned earlier that the yellow haired warrior was after me as if I was a criminal, well in a way I am."

"I was stealing food to give to the resistance, that's why he was after me," said Pyro, hoping to defend his unspeakable actions to the two but most of all to Chi-taki who never condoned stealing or injuring of an innocent.

Shark and Troy stared at Chi-taki. He knew both opposing warriors and was keeping it a secret from them. Hopefully the truth would not harm their relationship when it came out.

Question:

1) Sadly discrimination happens everywhere including Axial as we can see with Pyro and Chi-taki. How do you help to combat this disease?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

989 92 22
"Our entire lives led us to this moment, only for us to lose in the end. We aren't a team, a family, we never were. We are just a bunch of puzzle pie...
158 30 14
As a young girl I was sent away to an agency so they could protect me because of the dangers within my powers. My powers were so resourceful and magi...
30.8K 3.1K 147
[FULL KELS SERIES] When Ande wakes up on the bottom of the ocean with a fish's tail, she's not sure what she did wrong. Getting sacrificed by her isl...
4.3K 519 20
What are wings for if not for flying with dragons in the realm where islands float in the sky? The life of order and monotony is not enough for a win...