| torn up

By oreoz4milk

'A scared little girl, that's you, Willow. That's all you've ever been and all you ever will be, do you under... More

~ character moodboards pt/one ☁️
~ character moodboards pt/two ☁️
~ prologue ☁️
~ chapter 1 ☁️
~ chapter 2 ☁️
~ chapter 3 ☁️
~ chapter 4 ☁️
~ chapter 5 ☁️
~ chapter 6 ☁️
~ chapter 7 ☁️
~ chapter 8 ☁️
~ chapter 9 ☁️
~ chapter 10 ☁️
~ chapter 11 ☁️
~ chapter 12 ☁️
~ chapter 13 ☁️
~ chapter 14 ☁️
~ chapter 15 ☁️
~ chapter 16 ☁️
~ chapter 17 ☁️
~ chapter 18 ☁️
~ chapter 19 ☁️
~ chapter 20 ☁️
~ chapter 21 ☁️
~ chapter 22 ☁️
~ chapter 23 ☁️
~ chapter 24 ☁️
~ chapter 25 ☁️
~ chapter 26 ☁️
~ chapter 27 ☁️
~ chapter 28 ☁️
~ chapter 29 ☁️
~ chapter 30 ☁️
~ chapter 31 ☁️
~ chapter 32 ☁️
~ chapter 33 ☁️
~ chapter 34 ☁️
~ a/n ☁️
~ chapter 35 ☁️
~ chapter 36 ☁️
~ chapter 37 ☁️
~ chapter 38 ☁️
~ chapter 39 ☁️
~ chapter 40 ☁️
~ chapter 41 ☁️
~ chapter 42 ☁️
~ chapter 43 ☁️
~ chapter 44 ☁️
~ chapter 45 ☁️
~ chapter 47 ☁️
~ chapter 48 ☁️
~ chapter 49 ☁️
~ chapter 50 ☁️
~ playlist ☁️

~ chapter 46 ☁️

5.2K 150 89
By oreoz4milk

It's Tuesday lunchtime and the girls, Jasper and I are currently gathered around our usual table in the cafeteria.

It's about halfway through our break and much to Piper's and Asha's dismay, Jasper and I have spent most of it squealing about Crimson Sky 2. It's only in the last minute or so that Piper has demanded us to refrain from yakking on about it any further as according to her, she doesn't want her entire lunch break to be wasted having to listen to us waffle on.

Now the conversation has moved onto the upcoming game this Friday and Jasper and the girls are all eagerly engrossed in their football talk. We're all going of course. Piper is a total sucker for the whole school spirit stuff and holds a very passionate belief that football games are the absolute best places to go to get a look at hot and sweaty boys. And of course Jasper is going to be playing in the game which means Asha is definitely going. And with the way our friendship group generally works, if at least two of us are going somewhere then you can bet your chances that the third one is also going to be dragged along- that is, excluding Piper's wild clubbing habits though.

Becoming bored with their chatter about the game, I find myself being distracted as I sweep my gaze over the hall. Of course the first place my eyes wonder to is the table Mason usually hangs out at.

Mason's and I relationship the past couple days has been weird to say the least. I know that after the party last week that I had come out of it not quite knowing how to move forward and how to get over that night. In fact I wasn't even sure whether it was really best for us to even remain as close as we were prior to Friday anymore.

But yesterday evening we had been texting back and fourth and I had mentioned that my stomach was feeling a little queasy. And when he had turned up at my door half an hour later with my favourite dessert in hand, I couldn't find it in me to turn him away. And I'll admit, the first couple of minutes or so were quite awkward, for me at least- he seemed completely fine. But once I had gotten over myself, we ended up having a genuinely good time binging Netflix together. It felt exactly like how everything had done before the day we almost kissed.

And even today in English Literature with him, there wasn't a moment of awkwardness between us, not even at the start of the lesson. I've found that in his presence I honestly mostly forget about Friday, it's only after I leave him that the anxiety and uneasiness I feel about getting too close with him all over again comes back. I confided a little in the girls about it earlier in PE, well as much as I could do without risking getting a detention from coach and they had promised we'll talk about it again at some point properly. Although to be honest judging from the serious and disapproving looks they had been shooting me in gym as well as just the general and overwhelming situation being to do with Mason, I'm not sure if I can quite handle anymore today. My feelings are already all over the place enough as it is.

Looking at him now, I have to stop myself from staring at him too long. The last thing I want is to get caught. And yet with how picturesque and handsome he is, I just can't help it sometimes. Damn him for being so gosh darn cute I think bitterly in my head, forcing myself to shift my gaze.

My peering continues to sweep across the hall until I spot sight of a certain black haired boy.
Spying Eli chatting to Haider across the cafeteria, I'm instantly reminded of Sunday. We haven't talked or even texted since then and I've been especially making an effort of trying to avoid him after he found out I'm tagging along on the upcoming weekend getaway. Oddly enough, the few times I have set eyes on him these past few days, I've instantly been hit with a feeling of guilt. It's obviously something to do with how I kept Sunday's little outing a secret from the girls and now I feel like it's some kind of dirty, little secret I must stop Asha and Piper from ever possibly finding out about.

My eyes continue sliding over the table and my gaze soon settles on Haider and Alexander. The latter is busy scrolling on his phone whilst the brunette has a girl tucked into his side as he busily chatters away to Eli about something. 

Taking in the full image of Haider, I'm not at all surprised to see a painful looking cut adorning his cheek. The angry, red streak looks fresh and prominent on his slightly tan skin, something which is evident by the fact that I am able to spot it even from this distance. It looks painful to say the least and I can't help but wince to myself slightly at the sight of it.

None of the boys are strangers to getting into their fair share of scuffles every now and then. No one is surprised nowadays if Haider comes into school sporting a black eye or if Eli arrives with a swollen nose or even if Alexander comes in late with a bruise on his cheek.

However nowadays it's definitely fair to say that out of all of them, it's usually Haider whose the one with such injuries. I guess he just gets into more fights outside of school than the other two. It makes sense too considering his personality, I've seen before with my own two eyes how good he is at provoking people and getting on their nerves if he really feels like it and he definitely knows how to use his tongue as a weapon.

I even remember shyly asking him about it last year when we had been working on a Chemistry assignment in the library one time. The grey eyed boy had come in that day with a particularly bad bruise on his cheek and after asking if he was okay, I couldn't help but to point out how was it that he just always seemed to have one thing up with him or another. He had stilled for a second at my question, probably not having expected it before shrugging and grinning, telling me 'I guess I just have a way of winding up people.' before soon changing the conversation. I didn't ask him about it again.

I'm bought out of my thoughts by a sudden and actually rather obnoxious sounding coughing noise to my right.

'Excuse me, babe. Sorry but you're going to have to leave us for a minute.' Asha loudly states and I look over to see her staring straight at her boyfriend as she pushes her glasses up her nose.

'Huh, why?' Jasper quizzes in confusion as he pouts at her proposition.

I'm a bit lost too, also looking to Asha with a look of uncertainty. Meanwhile Piper looks like she couldn't care less as she slurps loudly on the straw of her milkshake so I can only guess she already knows where this is going.

'We just need to have a bit of a girly chat with Willow.'

Oh. So that's where this is going.

'Me? What do you mean? What do we need to talk about?' I ask, pretending to act clueless and averting my gaze from the three of them as I busy myself with taking a big bite out of my sandwich.

'I think you know what.' Asha tiredly sighs, shaking her head at me and sharing a look of disproval with our other best friend.

'Nope. I don't know what you're on about.' I shrug with wide eyes as I chew on my food, trying my best to play innocent.

'Yeah, well. Anyway will you please give us five, Jas?' Asha mutters, seemingly giving up on me for the time being and redirecting her efforts back towards her boyfriend.

'Babe, really? C'mon now, am I not 'girly' enough to join you in this little chat?' The brunette whines, tightening his arm wrapped around Asha's shoulders and pulling her closer in an attempt to convince her to let him stay.

'I mean-' she begins before getting cut off by Piper's abrupt input.

'You're one of the biggest Chads I know.'

A loud and synchronised gasp is heard around the table as Jasper, Asha and I all whip our heads around in Piper's direction who just sits there leisurely sipping on her drink.

'Hey! How dare you call my Jasper a Chad?' Asha nags in outrage, letting out a small scoff as she cuddles further into the side of her boyfriend as if to silently reassure him that she definitely does not think that.

'I mean, like a Chad minus the whole asshole personality, of course. You just give off the vibes is all I'm saying.' Piper causally tries to elaborate although looking at Jasper's appalled face of shock, I think the damage might have already been done.

'I can't- I can't believe you just called me a Chad.' He echoes in a wince, mouth still hanging open as it had been since the C word had first exited Piper's mouth.

'Eh, I could have called you worse.' Piper offers in a bored tone as if she is not able to see Jasper in his state of utter shock and probably currently questioning his whole entire existence right there besides us.

'Like what?' I quip curiously as I turn to face her with my chin resting on my palm, interested to hear what exactly could be worse than being called a Chad.

'I could have called him a Karen.'

'A Karen?' Jasper splutters, looking like his soul may have just left his body, his already pale complexion paling even further the more and more Piper talks.

'Hmm, would I rather be called a Karen or a Chad I wonder?' I think aloud, tapping my chin in thought as I hear Asha telling Piper off once again about her 'unwanted comments' in the background.

'Don't listen to her, baby.' Asha coos, comfortingly patting her tall boyfriend on the arm and protectively wrapping an arm around him as she stares daggers across the table in Piper's direction who merely shrugs at the chaos she has caused.

'...But anyway, could you please still like leave though?' Asha eventually and guiltily mutters, her eyes still full of sympathy as Jasper snaps his neck so fast towards her, fixing her with a look of incredulousness that I'm almost afraid he may have gotten whiplash.

'Just for five minutes, pretty please?' She pouts, mustering up a sheepish smile and awkwardly scratching the back of her neck as Jasper continues to stare her down.

I can already tell Jasper is not having it from the stormy look on his face. Oops, I think as I watch as his eyes practically scream
'are you actually being serious right now?' at Asha- if only Piper hadn't called him a Chad to begin with.

'First, Piper calls me a Chad and now you ask me to leave, after everything I do for you? Babe, really? Do you know how much times you asked me to break up with you on Friday just so you could sing 'Drivers License', huh?'

Piper and I are trying our hardest not to cackle at his dramatic speech, desperately holding onto each other and biting our lips. It's obvious he's only half joking and that's he not really angry at her but his sassy and passionately spoken words are still entertaining to listen to all the same.

'Babe, I-'

'Don't 'babe' me, Ash. It was fifteen fucking times! And that's only from what I can remember when I was sober too.' He snaps, clicking his tongue at her and facing away from the back haired girl with his arms crossed across his chest as if he truly is disappointed in her.

'Damn, that does sound like work. Not to mention she doesn't even have her drivers licence too.' I teasingly tut, not being able to resist joining in too and giving my two cents worth much to the annoyance of Asha who glares at me beneath her bangs.

'Guys, look, just calm down, will you? Jasper doesn't have to leave because there will be no girly chat because guess what? I'm fine!' I eventually declare with a sigh and a roll of my eyes a moment later, feeling the need to play the peacemaker when Asha continues to threaten to melt me with her fiery stare.

'Yeah, course you are. Jasper, will you just stop being a baby already and go for whazz or something to pass the time?' Piper snorts from next to me, completely ignoring my wishes and instead directing everyone's attention back onto the only boy on the table who presently looks like he's on the verge of throwing a tantrum.

'Piper!' Asha hisses, looking moments away from facepalming herself at Piper's bad habit of not being able to hold her tongue.

'No, I'll go, don't worry.' Jasper announces with a slight sneer as he begins to tidy up his stuff, letting out an over dramatic sigh before launching into a final rant. 'But just remember next time I hear 'Jasper, babe, you need to split up with me. Just for 5 minutes though so I can really feel the song, you know?' I can't promise that I'll be sticking around to hear you butcher it for the 200th time.'

He ends with a huff and the smallest smirk, looking proud of himself for his dig before rising to his feet as he quickly presses a chaste kiss onto Asha's forehead and strolls away without a care in the world.

Meanwhile the girls and I sit in silence, watching him go. Asha still has her mouth open even when he completely disappears around the corner and out of our view while Piper looks almost impressed with the hazel eyed football player.

'Damn, did he really just come for your singing though?' Piper mutters with a laugh in afterthought after a brief silence passes through our table, Jasper's snidey remark on Asha's singing ability seeming to be the only  thing that had stuck out to her from everything Jasper had had to say.

'That's a bit of a violation, especially since 'Drivers Licence' is your favourite song. I wouldnt have that, you know, Ash.' I comment offhandedly with a smile, shaking my head at the corner that Jasper had disappeared around and eagerly getting back to my sandwich.

Asha meanwhile still looks as confused as ever at her boyfriend's antics when she eventually turns back to the table a moment later, her eyebrows still scrunched in confusion as she murmurs to herself beneath her breath.

'What just happened?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.9K 29
(Book 2) *Contains spoilers below* "I needed more closure than what you gave me." I half lied. "It feels like an open wound someone keeps pourin...
417K 10.6K 29
"You're hurting me..." I whispered. But his grip only got tighter as the pain got even more crucial. "It's what you get for stopping the party yester...
2.2M 62.1K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...