The Grand Army of the Republi...

By AnonymousFab893

The Republic thought that they were the first to use an army of genetically modified troops to fight in their... More

Prologue
Damsels in Distress
Damn Jedi
So Far Away
A Brother's Secret
Home Again
An Alliance to End All Wars
Unstable Battle Plan
Famous Last Words
The Aftermath
Road So Far
The Decision
The Rescue

Long Way Off

668 19 6
By AnonymousFab893

There have been many ways in which Rose had woken up over the years but being dragged through rubble and along the dusty landscape by droids hadn't made her list. Until now that is. Their metal hands clenched tightly around her armoured biceps dragging her limp body with her feet leaving a trail behind as they went.

Rose had only just started to regain some consciousness by the time they had reached the Separatist base that was now stationed on Kithom. Lifting her heavy head, Rose was met with the sight of thousands of droids along with tanks ready and waiting to move. "Well, that's just peachy." Rose grumbled at the sight of the droids.

Soon enough, Rose was dragged through the doors of the main Separatist base and into what she could only describe as their main hub for figuring out battle plans and strategies. "Ahh, well this is a welcome surprise." A deep human voice stated catching Rose's attention swiftly. She was expecting to be met with a tactical droid ready to interrogate her. As Rose slowly lifted her head, the sight of a man in a long dark cloak stood before her with a lightsabre attached to his hip. At first glimpse, this man seemed to be no threatening person, but Rose knew that looks can often be deceiving.

"Expecting someone else?" Rose grunted out through gritted teeth as the droids carrying her dug their metal fingers deeper into the lacerations on her arms from previously demolishing the cliff face.

"Actually, my dear, I have been waiting for you." The dark cloaked man smiled. "Now the fun truly begins." He stated before waving his hand to the droids to take Rose away into a holding cell.

Rose had figured out that trying to fight this would only end in one way and that way was not an option just yet. With the number of droids present within the hallway alone, without any weapon Rose knew she'd end up getting shot before she even took one step away from the droids dragging her towards her new room.

Entering the room, Rose was met with the same contraption used to imprison a jedi. "Well, this is new." Rose muttered as the droids set her up in her cell.

"You must understand Commander Thorn." The cloaked man stated as he strode through the door to her cell. "This is just a necessary precaution."

"Oh yeah? These cuffs are used on Jedi." Rose bit back hissing slightly as a droid tightened one of the cuffs on her wrists too tight. "Why use it on me?" Rose questioned.

"My dear." The man laughed. "I know the lengths your kind have reached to ensure you are capable of defeating anything." He stated knowingly.

"Who are you?" Rose spat as she tried to pull herself out of her restraints only receiving a rather harsh electric shock by doing so, only worsening the pain she was already in.

"Ahh." The cloaked man murmured proudly already having the upper hand on the infamous Austerean. "I would have thought that your friends in the Republic would have shared their knowledge far sooner." He tutted ad he held his hands behind his back.

"Well, sorry to disappoint but we've been a little preoccupied with more concerning matters than your obvious self-induced ego." Rose panted as she glared the man down only to receive another electric shock.

"It would appear that your tongue is sharper than your eyesight." He smirked as he came to stand directly in front of Rose's floating form. "You will tell me what I wish to know." He stated as he tried to use a force mind trick to persuade Rose to answer his questions.

"Oh, so you're one of those other Jedi." Rose laughed at his failed attempt to use force persuasion. "My mind is too strong to be fooled by your Jedi tricks. You're going to have to do better than that." She seethed keeping eye contact with her current captor.

"Very well." He stated as his eyes grew slightly darker at the sudden challenge Rose had put up. He then turned his back on her and started to leave her cell before Rose decided to shout at him forcing him to stop just before the door.

"Who are you?" She shouted again as she tried to grab a sense of what type of person this man was.

Turning back around to face her with a calm expression, the man moved his cloak to the side showcasing his lightsabre before making eye contact with Rose. "My name is Count Dooku." He stated before nodding his head to a droid in the room silently ordering it to start the torture.

Leaving the room, all that filled that part of the base were the sounds of Rose's pained cries as the interrogation began. The sounds not bothering Count Dooku in the slightest.

Instead, the Count made his way to a separate room containing a holo-table which was blinking signalling that there was an incoming transmission.

"Ahhhh, Count Dooku I hear that our plan has been successful." The holo-image of the Kithomen Councillor Korick appeared.

"Indeed Councillor, I have upheld my end of the deal, all that's left is for you to do as promised." Count Dooku stated firmly as he studied the Councillor. Truthfully, Count Dooku cared little about Kithom. He personally did not see how this alliance would better the Separatists, especially with a Councillor such as Korick leading its people.

"Now that Commander Thorn and most of her battalion have been disposed of the Council and the Capital will have even less protection. Your droid forces should have no trouble entering the Capital." Korick smirked deviously.

"Then I look forward to our next meeting." Count Dooku bowed before the transmission ended.

(Meanwhile)

"You boys honestly thought that I wouldn't find out about this?" A rough authoritative voice called out thought the dusty cavern.

Turning around the group was met with the sight of the Wolfpack standing next to their gunship along with Master Plo, all of which looked slightly smug that they had found out about what had happened to Rose without anyone within the Republic telling them. "Wha ... Master Plo?" Anakin stuttered slightly surprised by the sudden appearance of the Wolfpack on Kithom.

"Koh-to-ya Master Plo." Ahsoka greeted happily upon seeing the older Jedi Master.

"Koh-to-ya Little Soka." Master Plo greeted the young Togruta as he walked towards the group along with the Wolfpack. "I caught news of your recent missing person Master Skywalker." Plo stated as he came to a stop in front of Anakin with his arms folded across his chest much like Commander Wolffe.

"Wait ... How?" Anakin stuttered still confused with how Plo and the Wolfpack had found out about Commander Thorn being missing.

"I'm glad you got my message bróðir." Scabs called out suddenly as he and the other members of Tack Battalion leant against the dusty rocks that made up the cavern's walls, all of which were wearing the same smirk as they took note of the Wolfpack now joining their ranks.

Snapping his head towards Tack Battalion, Anakin wore a sceptical expression. "You contacted them?" He asked not understanding why they would do such a thing when the 501st were already on Kithom and had started the search for Commander Thorn.

Before Scabs could even reply, Sinker and Boost spoke up catching Anakin's attention. "We're returning an old favour." Sinker answered vaguely.

"Commander Thorn saved our lives when we first met General Skywalker, since that day we've had an emergency comm frequency to give us the chance to return the favour." Boost explained whilst covering up the fact that it was Wolffe who had gotten worried that Rose hadn't checked in with him when she was supposed to. Seeing that she never misses their check ins, Wolffe had worried that something bad had happened and that was when he sent a communication to Scabs' comm asking for an update and it was then that Scabs informed him of their current misplaced Commander.

"That and the fact that this is taking too long." Hyker muttered grimly as he threw away a stone from his crouched position as he inspected some tracks that could be connected to Rose's disappearance.

"We're doing the best we can Hyker, we'll find her." Echo stated as he placed a reassuring hand on Hyker's shoulder.

"I know." Hyker murmured. "That's what's worrying me." Hyker confided as he looked out at the sandy horizon frustratedly.

"How far are you with the search?" Wolffe asked as he came to stand beside Hyker and Echo also looking out at the horizon for anything that would be of use in finding his wife.

"So far, we've followed tracks upon tracks but with the sandstorms recently, they've been getting harder to see." Echo informed him with a tired sigh.

"What if we're not meant to be following the tracks?" Wolffe suggested after a few moments of contemplation.

Looking at Wolffe with scepticism, Hyker slowly stood up from his crouched position. "What thoughts are running though that head of yours?" Hyker asked sceptically whilst sharing a confused look with Echo.

"I'm thinking that for anyone to take Rose so easily means that she was unconscious." Wolffe stated as the three made their way back towards the rest of the search party.

"And what does that have to do with the tracks?" Echo asked confused as to where Wolffe was going with this.

"You're following the wrong tracks." Sinker clarified as he walked back to the group after studying a map of the area on the holo-table in the gunship that they had been previously dropped in. "Look." He stated as he pulled up a holo-image of the tracks they had been following. "Each one shows signs of struggle. If what Wollfe said is correct, the track you want to follow is this, 2 clicks East of here." Sinker informed the group that had now formed around them.

"Very good Sinker." Plo praised as he proudly placed a hand on Sinker's shoulder.

"How did I not notice this?" Hyker stated as he rubbed his face tiredly.

"You've been on this for hours bróðir, don't blame yourself." Wolffe reassured. "Hell, even I would've missed this if Boost hadn't mentioned something about it earlier." Wolffe stated.

"I'm sorry bróðir." Hyker muttered as he hung his head in guilt.

"It's not your fault." Wolffe stated firmly as he gripped Hyker's shoulder. "It's none of your fault." He stated loudly as he looked around at the remaining Tack battalion that wasn't injured. "Commander Thorn is strong and she wouldn't want any of you blaming yourselves for this. It was her choice and I'll be damn sure that she'd do it again. But she needs our help now, so pack your gear! We're going East." Wolffe ordered and everyone quickly packed away their gear in preparation to move East.

"He's very good at this." Anakin muttered as he stood off to the side observing the clones and Kithomens along with Ahsoka and Plo.

"Indeed." Plo agreed as he crossed his arms across his chest. "Commander Wolffe knows Commander Thorn well." Plo mentioned.

"Almost too well." Anakin replied suspiciously as he eyed Plo. "We best get going." Anakin stated before walking East along with the 501st, the Wolfpack and Tack battalion.

It wasn't long before the group stopped again as they reassessed the tracks in which they were currently following. By now the heat had increased to an uncomfortable temperature that both Anakin and Plo decided to stop to give the troops a rest.

"Honestly, how have you been fighting a war in this heat?" Ahsoka groaned out as she slumped down beside Scabs who looked as though the heat hadn't affected him in the slightest.

"You get used to it kid." Scabs laughed deeply as he looked down at the small Togruta, his lips pulling up into a bright smile only enhancing the rather deep scar that ran down the left side of his face.

"I'd rather I didn't." Ahsoka grumbled slightly before she inspected Scabs properly for the first time since meeting him. "How did that happen? If you don't mind me asking that is." Ahsoka asked as she gestured to the rather large scar that took up most of the left side of Scabs' face.

Leaving his weapon beside him, Scabs lifted one of his gloved hand and gently rubbed the scar Ahsoka had asked him about. "Ahh, it was a long time ago this one." Scabs sighed with a small chuckle at the end. "I decided to pick a fight with a Reethal, if I told you that I came out the better looking one after that would you believe me?" Scabs joked which caused Ahsoka to release a small giggle.

"What's a Reethal?" Ahsoka asked after she had calmed down from her little laughing fit.

"Something that you hope to never have to face." Smiles said gently as he sat the other side of Ahsoka. "And don't forget to mention that without me patching you up, you wouldn't have come out alive at all." Smiles laughed as he nudged Ahsoka gently who let out another giggle.

"Way to ruin the story fífl." Scabs rolled his eyes slightly before turning his attention back to Ahsoka. "You stick with us kid, you'll be alright." Scabs reassured as he placed a gently hand on her shoulder.

"Looks like I'll have to keep up then." Ahsoka joked causing both men to laugh slightly.

"Yeah, some clones can be a little slow." Smiles joked as he saw Wolffe and Rex walking over to the trio.

"Well from what I remember, you would've fallen off that cliff if I hadn't caught you." Wolffe smirked.

"Oh, now I definitely want to hear this story." Ahsoka laughed as she settled herself into Scabs side cooled by this cold armour.

"Thanks Wollfe." Smiles glared jokingly. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translations

bróðir  = Brother

Hello!! So sorry it has taken so long for this update, it has been a little hectic but I hope you enjoy this chapter and I am almost done with the next one!

Also, let me know what you think about Councillor Korick and the appearance of Count Dooku!!!!

I also wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone reading this story and all for all of the votes and comments!!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 194 70
Same heart, same blood ... That is what defines all Clones, that is what SHOULD define all Clones, but not CT-W-0101, CT-W-0102, CT-W-0103 and CT-W-0...
134K 5.6K 78
Kriari Foreas was given to the Sand People as an infant. What will happen when a force sensitive child becomes the padawan to one of the greatest Jed...
4.2K 62 10
NOTE: For the sake of this story and its timeline I have extended the Clone Wars by about five years or so but the EXACT number of added years is unk...
16.6K 336 20
Just a bunch of bad batch one shots cause I love them to bits. After reading so many I decided that I wanted to tackle writing some. So get ready for...