JRWI tings :P

By totally-bones

heyooo i havent used this app in a while- i'm just really here to get out my ideas on things i'm hyperfixated... More

Howdy
No.1
No.2
No.3
No.4
No.5
No.6
No.7
No.8
No.9
No.10
No.11
No.12
No.13
No.14
No. 16
No.17
No.18
No.19
No.20
No.20 (alternate ending!)
No.21
No. 22
No. 23
No.24
No.25
No.26
No. 27
No.28
No.29
No.30
No.31
No.31 [Part Two]
No. 32
No.33
No.34
No.35
No.36
No.37
No. 38
No. 39
No.40
No.41
No.42
No.43
No.44
No. 45
No. 46
No. 47
No. 48
No. 49
No. 50
No.51
No. 52
No. 52 (pt.2)
No. 53
No.54
No.55
No. 56
No.57
No.58
No.59
No.60
No.61
No. 62
No.63
No. 64
No. 65
No.66
No. 67
No. 68
No. 69
No. 70
No. 71
No. 72
No. 73
No 74
No. 75
No.76
No. 77
No. 78
No. 79

No.15

621 14 1
By totally-bones

//Riptide lmao like I'm writing about another campaign-

//draft!!

uh,,Gill is teaching Chip what he had learnt back home in terms of training since they both use swords and stuff and gets freaked out?
idk man-
a n g s t  tho but most definitely comfort :D also Chip and Jay sibling dynamic? I live for it- ;')
also fish and chips because  t h e y,,,
TW//  panic attack? It resembles what some panic attacks feel like if that makes sense? , intrusive thoughts (tell me if there are any others!!)
---
Gillion was excited. Granted he was usually excited about something but today he was much more excited than his usual constant excited nature. Yesterday, Gillion had been thinking about his home, of course he was missing it and Chip seemed to have realised how much since he had offered to learn whatever Gillion wanted to teach him! This was very big. Was it clear he was excited? Because he was. Chip wasn't someone who would willingly offer himself as a volunteer to Gillion's theatrics unless it had some kind of reward for him. However, he wasn't going to question it. He had brainstormed what he could be able to teach Chip about from the undersea, despite him having offered, Gillion still didn't want it to be boring for his friend, so he tried to narrow his fairly large brainstorm to 'Chip-ish topics'. Gillion's immediate thought before having a narrowed down list was of course the scenery and the different vegetation that grew in the undersea, the corals, the different stones and rocks he'd find with his sister, Eden, as a younger child. He figured that if he used large words to exaggerate the intensity of his small adventures with his sister to find these rocks and trinkets, the pirate would be very interested. So this was definitely still on the table.

Now Gillion was sitting on a barrel on the top deck, his leg bouncing excitedly (he was very excited) as he waited for Chip. The triton had finally settled on what to teach him, which would hopefully be quite engaging! Fighting. Chip loved fighting! It was the main things the trio did on their adventures! Gillion also very much enjoyed fighting and battle, the thrill of the danger being face to face with the enemy as you use the strategies the elders had taught you as a child to outsmart your opponent and win. Everyone had that experience, he figured, though his training was much more...well, serious. But since Chip was good at fighting, of course as well as Jay, but he did not know much about ranged weapons, Gillion assumed he had undergone some training from an elder from the oversea!

"Gill? You uh- alive?" Gillion was brought back from his thoughts when he felt Chip lightly push his shoulder, causing him to look up and smile brightly at Chip.
"Chip! Yes, yes I am alive. I apologise, I was lost in thought. Are you ready to learn, Chip?!" As he spoke, Gillion stood up quickly, a large grin on his face. Chip slowly cocked one eyebrow, both curious and slightly hesitant to really go through with this.
"Uh..I mean, I guess? Look man, as long as it's not any weird triton tradition-"
"No! No, nothing of the sort. I lack far too much knowledge in that specific area, dear Chip! I have settled on something we both enjoy, I hope..! I have noticed how you fight whenever we are in battle side to side, and though I am unfamiliar with the customs of the oversea, surely you must have had an elder train you and help you to learn the attacks and movements! So, as one who has also had training from elders, I figured it'd only be fitting for us to train together! I can teach you some things I have learned from the undersea, and you can teach me what you have learned from your elders..!" Gillion's eyes were shining as he explained his thought process behind his final decision. The eagerness being clear as day. Chip just stood for a few seconds in silence as Gillion basically vibrated with enthusiasm.

Elder..? Chip wasn't trained by an old dude- well, he kind of was, but most of the movements he used when fighting were crafted by his own experience on being on the seas for so long...Nobody really taught him. Arlin probably would've taught him but...well. He couldn't right now. Chip quickly shook his head, disliking where his thoughts were headed as he shoved a hand into his pocket and held the coin from Arlin, still looking at Gillion. He was so happy...could Chip really say no? Well, he very much could, and he has, plenty of times. But it was clear that he had put a lot of thought behind his decision, despite his information being skewed. Though Chip had been quiet for around a minute or two now, Gillion hadn't stopped practically glowing with nothing more than genuine joy.
"Yeah, yeah okay. We can do that. Though I gotta warn you, Gill. My elders taught me a whole bunch." Chip ignored the twisted feeling in his gut at the white lie. He had promised Gillion he wouldn't lie, no matter what it was...But he was so happy and so confident. Chip couldn't take that away, what if Gillion believing the customs were the same on land for training as the sea was a huge thing for him?! It seemed like it! Especially since the second Chip agreed, and even more so as he bragged about his nonexistent elder's teachings, Gillion's grin grew even more, nodding and bringing the pirate over to the middle of the top deck, having already cleared out some more space for the two.

So the two trained. Gillion was first to teach Chip of his training, having thought carefully about what attacks and different strategies he was taught. The night before he had stayed up a few hours later than he normal would have to pick out what specific things he'd want to teach Chip. He still, despite now being so far away from home and how long ago it was since he had trained, had his anxieties of messing up in training, so he and Pretzel had picked out a few things Gillion was much more confident at. Chip struggled at first, though he got the hang of the movements and the footwork pretty quickly. Gillion watched Chip carefully as he practiced a few times, savouring every second he saw Chip start to grin widely as he successfully figured out a small piece that he was confused over, or how he would almost treat the fighting style as a choreography for a dance, which it essentially was. Fighting is very much a dance between two people, the way they are cautious and aware of every single movement their opposite makes, countering and matching that movement with one of their own. Gillion had to admit it was nice watching Chip try and learn what he had previously demonstrated.

"HA! I did it! Take that fish boy!" Chip grinned back at Gillion as he finally got everything down, seeing Gillion chuckle at the nickname and roll his eyes fondly.
"Very good, Chip. See? I told you that you would get it..." Gillion's soft smile never faltered, though it had been there ever since Chip started to try and understand what Gill had taught him. He couldn't help but think back to when he was younger and training...Why couldn't he have had the same patience and encouragement he showed Chip..? Why would he always need to feel disappointed in himself for not understanding what he was being taught? He would've given anything to have that kind of reaction to finally pinning down something he learned from his elders... Though perhaps he would definitely refrain from using the phrase 'fish boy'-
"Gillion? Hey, you good?" Chip, once again, cleared all of the thoughts that had suddenly swarmed his mind, Gillion taking a second before realising his breath had started to become uneven. He took a few deep breaths, regaining control before speaking.
"A-Ah, yes. Yes I'm fine. I apologise, Chip. Did you have anything your elders taught you to show me? We should continue before it gets late." Gillion then nodded and gave a small pat on the side of Chip's arm, backing up slightly to allow Chip room to show him whatever he had planned. Gillion's sudden change of the topic did not go unnoticed by Chip. He was the master of changing topics.It was also very unlike Gillion to do that. He put it down to Gillion being tired? Maybe he had been so enthusiastic for the whole day that he finally tired himself out...
"Yeah..Uh okay. Sure..." Chip had just now realised as he gave himself more room how little he had prepared this part of the two's session. He figured he'd just go with it and see what happens? Just imagine some bad guy in front of him, attack him like normal..! Sure, he could do that.

He did that. He did it a lot. There were a lot of sudden and chaotic movements, Chip's fighting style was hardly refined or polished like Gillion's. He knew that. Which is why he felt a lump in his throat as he finished showing...whatever he showed. He slowly turned to face Gillion, ready for a look of puzzlement or betrayal as he figured out Chip had no weird elders telling him how to fight and- "That was wonderful, Chip..!" What? What?!
"U-uh...what?" Is that all he could really say? Apparently so.
"Your technique! I find it to be very...well, unpredictable, though I can only assume this is to make it harder for your opponents in battle!" Gillion smiled to Chip, making Chip stutter for a second before being able to speak coherently. How had this worked? He just imaged some bad guy and attacked the shit out of him.
"Yes..! Yes! I.. uh. Good eye, buddy. Yes, that's exactly why I...move like that." after his very convincing agreeing statement, Gillion started to basically beg Chip to teach him, finding the new movements and the chaotic nature of his technique exciting. Chip of course agrees and the teaching session began again.

Around halfway through, Gillion was struggling with a particular part, though to be fair Chip was convinced he had made up half of what he was teaching the triton anyway, so he was surprised this was the first wall that the other had hit. Gillion lunged like how he though Chip had, his feet placed wrongly as well as the grip of one of the swords Chip had given to him to practice with. Chip smiled at the attempt, finding it quite admirable that Gillion was trying so hard, walking up to him and putting a hand on his shoulder, chuckling softly. "Nonono, you're doing it wrong, Gill. Look, your feet would be like this..." As Chip continued to explain, his voice faded. Gillion was sure he was still talking on account of his lips still moving, gestures still being thrown around to help guide him. He had messed up, again. He wasn't entirely sure that Chip had noticed, though, his paranoia and anxieties were saying otherwise, he had messed up a few things before. This was the first time Chip had to step in and help Gillion. Which many would see as a positive, but not Gillion. Flashes of his past ran through his mind, the look of disappointment on the elders' faces as they watched a younger Gillion fail to understand a certain movement again. The frequent talks he had with Eden after the training, finally telling someone of how he felt. How frustrated he was...How disappointed in himself he was becoming. The elders would tell him he's this 'Champion', that he should learn quicker than the average triton. So why is he still struggling?! Even with training outside of his destiny as the Champion! He couldn't do a few simple new techniques! Pathetic...

Chip was most definitely making all of this shit up. Absolutely. No doubt. Not a way in hell that these words he was saying made any kind of sense. "...and uh, yeah. Yup. That's what they taught me. My good ol' elders. Bless their souls or..something. Anyways, did that make se-" Chip stopped when he finally looked back to Gillion, seeing the triton shaking slightly as he stood there, staring at nothing. It was clear he wasn't listening, though that wasn't what Chip was worried about. "Gill? Hey, Gillion, you okay..? Gill?" Chip gently placed a hand on Gillion's shoulder, feeling the other flinch slightly, but still stayed staring at nothing, nothing changing other than his breathing getting more and more uneven. Chip frowned, getting more concerned as he tried again, being more worried this was the third time that Gillion seemed to be 'lost in thought'. "Gill! Gillion! Hey!" Chip shook his shoulders now, trying whatever he could think of.

Why was he still struggling..?! The elders were right, he was meant to be this Champion. He was meant to protect those who were unable to protect themselves..! How could he do that and fail so much? He isn't allowed to fail. He needs to be better. He needs to train more. Try harder. Be stronger- "Hey!" Gillion blinked a few times, finally becoming aware of what had happened when he felt himself struggle to regain control of his breathing. He quickly dropped Chip's sword, looking around frantically, then being unable to as he was pulled in for a hug..?
"It's okay, bud. Just breathe, okay? S'okay." Chip had pulled Gillion in for a hug, slowly the both of them lowering to the deck's wooden floor, both kneeling as Chip continued to hold Gillion. The other hesitated for a few more seconds before hugging back, hiding his face in the crook of Chip's neck. The brunette tried to slow his own breathing, rubbing small circles into Gillion's back as he did so in an attempt to help calm him down. Gillion took notice of this, trying to copy Chip's breathing, struggling a few times which only brought back the thoughts. However, Chip's hand rubbing his back kept him grounded, allowing him to keep trying to copy Chip's slow and deep breaths.

It took him a couple of minutes before Gillion was able to do this, all the while Chip didn't stop rubbing his back or hugging him. The two stayed there in silence, except for every now and again where Gillion would mumble small apologies under his breath, each time being gently shushed by Chip. After another couple of minutes, Chip pulled away, though still holding Gillion's arms as he looked the other over, seeing how exhausted he had become. He frowned slightly before speaking. "Do you...wanna talk about it..?" Gillion simply shook his head, not wanting to give the thoughts any other chance to get at him again. Chip nodded, smiling softly. "That's okay, man. We don't have to. But I do think you're tired. You should try and get some sleep, Gill." Chip once again got an answer, though it wasn't the answer he was hoping for, another small shake of his head.
"I-I...I still need to learn th-the-" Already knowing where Gillion was going with this, Chip interrupted.
"No you don't, Gillion. It isn't that important. You definitely come before me jumping around every five seconds with swords. It's okay. Besides, if you really wanna practice again, we'll pick this up tomorrow. We haven't taken breaks, either, y'know. So I think we both definitely deserve a break, right?" Chip chuckled, his hold of Gillion's arms relaxing as he picked up both of his hands instead. Gillion glanced down, allowing Chip to hold both his hands in his, finding it comforting as well as grounding.

"I...I do not need breaks, Chip. I am fine. It was a small moment of weakness, and I apologise for that, but I-I am over it now and I am ready to continue to learn from you. I-"
"No shot. Gill, it wasn't a 'moment of weakness'. You were tired and upset about, well, whatever you were upset about. That's fine. You're allowed to take breaks, man. What, just because you're this 'Champion' and 'The One', you aren't allowed to take bre-" To Chip's surprise, this time he was the one being interrupted.
"E-Exactly! Exactly, Chip. That's precisely what I am saying. It is what I have been told from a young age, I-I...I should not have to take breaks..I-I'm meant to be better and stronger. I.." For the first time since Chip had met him, a sarcastic and bitter laugh left the triton's lips, " 'It is my destiny'..." Gillion's face turned from exhaustion to frustration, looking down at both of his hands being held still by Chip's. Chip just sat in silence as Gillion spoke. He felt his heart twist at the bitter laugh before Gillion said the phrase that was usually shouted aloud by a much more confident and much more animated Gillion. Chip scoffed and shook his head, squeezing Gillion's hands, making him look back up at him as Chip spoke.
"Well screw destiny. Okay? Who needs it! Gill, you're up here now, on land okay? No more elders, no more triton traditions that make you think like that. None of it. Not on my ship. Now? You have to play by the land's rules. And as a native land dude, I am telling you that none of that shit applies anymore, okay? No more dumb expectations of you just because of some prophecy. You just have to be Gillion Tidestrider. Besides, I like that guy way more than 'The Champion'. Too obnoxious if you ask me." Chip grinned, seeing Gillion chuckle softly as he listened, nodding slowly. "So. How about you go down and get some sleep, huh? Then tomorrow we can find something else to do. With Jay and Earl too..?" He raised a brow, smiling when he sees Gillion nod a bit faster than before.

Chip then let go of Gillion's hands, noticing but not commenting on the small frown that appeared on the triton's features, standing up. He then offered a hand to Gillion to help him up from the floor. Gillion smiled and took his hand, the second time that this kind of action being of extreme significance to him. The two stayed there for a second, Gillion glancing down to see that they were in fact still holding one another's hands, making Chip quickly let go and cross his arms, clearing his throat awkwardly. Gill held back a small chuckle before speaking up. "I... thank you, Chip. I really do appreciate you...helping me. I am sorry I did not tell you earlier, I just...well I suppose I thought I could handle it on my own." Chip's arms uncrossed, a small sigh leaving him.
"Stop apologising, Gill. It's fine. We all have those kinds of moments. But...well you're crew, y'know? So...that means you don't have to do stuff on your own." Chip trailed off, before becoming aware he had fallen quiet and carried on, "but it's fine! Like I said, totally fine. just go down and get some sleep, okay? I'll come up with something for all four of us to do tomorrow, okay?" Gillion just nodded, smiling at the thought before heading down to the sleeping quarters to finally get some sleep.

Chip sighed as he watched him, groaning quietly to himself. "That? That was adorable. I enjoyed that. Very cute. Y'know, I never knew you could be all sweet! M'so used to you being such a bastard all the time-" Chip jumped, letting out a surprised yelp as he turned to see Jay grinning at him and crossing her arms.
"GAH- Wh-..I- what? What the fuck, Jay, why- I- warn me next to you sneak up on me, what the hell." He groaned again, this groan being much more pained than he previous, "What're you talking about?"
"You and Gill! You being all nice to him and not being your sarcastic...you. It was nice!" She grinned more, snickering when the brunette flushed a shade of red. "This thing tomorrow you're planning for all four of us? I cannot wait. I am going to have so much fun-"
"You aren't coming. I'm throwing you off the goddamn ship before anyone else wakes up. I hate you so much-" Chip rolled his eyes, shocking Jay before walking past, the two going back and forth for the rest of the day, Jay teasing Chip and Chip responding with his usual threats.

When tomorrow came around, Chip most definitely planned to throw Jay off of the ship, though he was stopped when Gillion had been awakened by Jay, the two walking up onto the top deck together, leaving Jay grinning and Chip glaring at the redhead. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 688 66
I have forever wanted to do something like this and recently i have gotten back into Thomas. So, i decided to do this, plus i love interacting with p...
110K 1K 131
Im not good at descriptions, so just read it Ranks #25 in jm
8.2K 264 44
just read please ! need more votes !
37.1K 662 35
in this not trashy os book (suure) you shall be paired with the actuallyoddplan and melodify member/s (if any of the members listed want me to take t...