SOULMATES | Merthur Soulmate...

By WritingWithGero

Arthur and Merlin are connected by a Magic stronger than any other but while Merlin tries his best to keep hi... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1 | Visitors
Chapter 2 | Suspiciouns
Chapter 3 | Gwen
Chapter 4 | Apology
Chapter 5 | Shapeshifter
Chapter 6 | Storms
Chapter 7 | Sorcerer
Chapter 8 | Thank you
Chapter 9 | Morgana
Bonus Chapter | Morgwen
NEW STORY

Epilouge

3K 132 40
By WritingWithGero

Merlin sat in his chambers, looking with a troubled expression out the window, it was bigger than the one he had back in his small room in Gaius chambers. The whole room was a lot bigger than his old one, with books scattered on every fitting surface and lose papers, with letters of a foreign language written on it, somewhere between this mess.

There where two doors to be seen, one leading to another room, quiet similar to his old one, with a bed, a closet and prepared for someone to move in. The other leading to the hallway from where Merlin could make out footsteps coming closer, then knocking.

„Come in." Merlin commands turning his back to the window.

„Sire, the king sends for you." The small, and lanky servant boy said with a slight bow, he was new, Merlin knew most of the servants and most weren't this formal towards him.

„Don't call me sire, I'm the court sorcerer not a king." Merlin said with a chuckle.

Every new servant, cook, knight and even the old ones do the same mistake.

„Oh but I thought... I was told... The knights said." The young boy stuttered, fearing he could be disrespectful towards someone that obviously meant a lot to the king.

„Let me guess, Gwain?"

The servant nods slightly.

„I gonna hex this man one day, put a spell on his tastebuds for a day or something." Merlin mutters, shaking his head while walking past the boy.

Still a bit lost in his thoughts he made his way to Arthurs chambers, his legs knew where to go, every morning he walked the same way to return to his own chambers when he once again stayed at Arthurs and every evening he used this way to even get there.

He entered the room without a knock, a habit that he still couldn't get rid of.

„You send for me, Sire?" Merlin said in his usual sarcastic tone and Arthur jumped a little.

„Merlin!"

„Exactly, thought you would expect me."

„Yes of course."

Merlin could feel his boyfriend being unsure.

„So what is it, why did you call me?"

„I felt you where upset, I just wanted to know whats wrong." Even after all this time Arthur still found it hard to address any kind of feelings.

Now it was Merlin who was unsure.

„You know you can tell me." Arthur reassured him, walking closer to hold his hand „If it's about the chambers, the offer for you to stay here still stands."

„It's not about the chambers, you know I need them for my studies, and my apprentice will arrive here soon as well." Merlin said looking at the ground

„Then what troubles you?" Merlin looks up, Arthurs eyes looking with a soft expression at his. Every time he does this Merlin could feel himself go weak, whenever he saw Arthur so caring this much about him his heart melted a little.

„Stop that." Merlin laughed.

„Im not doing anything!" Arthur replies confused.

Merlin laughed again.

„You're trying to change the topic Merlin." Arthur interrupted but smiled as well „Just tell me."

„Okay..." Merlin takes deep breath, he had tried to address the following for a long time but never spoke it out loud „I think we should marry."

Arthur sighed now dodging Merlins eyes „You know how I think about this. The people will be upset when they realize there wont be an heir, no one after me to rule the kingdom."

„So you plan to marry someone else to calm the people?" Merlin said raising one eyebrow, an ability he learned from Gaius.

„Of course not!" he held Merlins hand a bit tighter.

„Then whats the problem?" Merlin asks.

Arthur tried to speak but Merlin didn't let him.

„Half of the castle call me ‚Sire' already, you know? And we have been together for almost three years now, we are soulmates and not to brag, but no one can complain if their king marries the most powerful sorcerer to ever exist."

Now Arthur finally smiles a little.

„And Mordred just won't stop mocking me telepathically." He said with rolling his eyes „And all that without even telling a lot of people about this."

„Well you told Gwain and i bet someone must have noticed you staying over almost every night." Arthur says.

„So? Will you marry me?" Merlin asked.

„You can't just ask like this, we have to make this at least a little bit romantic." He complained laughing.

„Ugh, how longer do I have to wait?" Merlin moans playfully annoyed.

„You forget we had this whole conversation and I will propose to you, really romantic, when you least expect it!"

„Thats not possible I will feel you get nervous, so I will know when you do it." Merlin points with his chin to their intwined fingers, under them the two lights shone beautifully together, no longer covered by anything.

„Oh please, Im a knight, trained to stay calm at any situation."

„You where nervous for the whole day just for giving me a flower last week." Merlin mocks him.

„So you will never know if im going to propose or give you a flower." Arthur tries to defend himself.

„Maybe I will propose first." The sorcerer challenges.

Arthur leans closer and connects their lips to a soft lips, which feels just as calming as their very first one.

„You're an idiot." Arthur says with his soft, loving look that makes Merlin fall for him all over again.

„I love you." He smiles before kissing him, this time just a little longer, but just as sweet, until they got interrupted by a knock at the wooden chamber door. Arthur rolls his eyes.

„Come in." The king commands and he didn't let go of Merlins hand like he usually did when someone walked in on them.

The same young servant boy that had send Merlin to the king earlier now opened the heavy door, once he was in he looked confused down at the hands of the king and his court sorcerer.

„A young girl arrived, she says she is your apprentice." He then said.

„Yes show her to my chambers, I will meet her there." Merlin responds calmly, but once the young boy left he started to smile widely „My very first apprentice, can you believe that?" He said with excitement turned to Arthur „I'm becoming a teacher!"

Then he paused and looked confused.

„But wasn't she supposed to arrive Wednesday?"

„It is Wednesday." Arthur responded with a irritated laugh.

„I haven't cleaned my chambers yet." The sorcerer exclaims now panicked.

He lets go of Arthurs hand and gives him short kiss on the cheek and calling a quick „Love you!" as he storms out of the room.

••━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

I finally finished my exams, I didn't even realize how stressed i was until now.

I know this was a lot of dialog, heh '^^
I got so many reads lately, thank you so much this is insane.
Also thanks for the comments, I haven't felt this motivated since a long time.

There will be one more Morgwen chapter and then this whole thing is over, but there will be other books in the future or a fluff bonus if i feel like it.

See ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.2K 32
Merlin took his sister with him when he went to Camelot. What he didn't realise was how much this would affect his destiny. And how much danger there...
225K 8.4K 14
"why did you never tell me?" "you'd have chopped my head off." ~•~ The Search for the great sorcerer Emrys has begun, and Arthur will stop at nothing...
51.5K 1.7K 10
After Merlin intercepts a potion meant for Arthur, he develops a strange reaction which Arthur finds himself liking more than he should. How will he...
622 8 14
A hundred years after the death of King Arthur and Merlin; the Kingdom of Camelot is now under the rule of King Soren Pendragon and his wife Queen El...