The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... More

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)

523 12 121
By yourneighbourhoodcow

Little bits and pieces from their pregnancy journey with the twins. I wrote all of these at different times and combined them into one. So if something doesn't make sense, my apologies. 

(P.S: I also don't exactly know how the NFL works or how giving birth goes, so the stuff that I wrote is most likely not going to make sense, I don't want to offend anyone in anyway. Just know this is a piece of fiction and well... I tried my best.)

(Amelia's Point of View)

(5 months (21 weeks) pregnant)

"Ethan," I whisper as I shake him slightly. He groans before pulling me as close as he can with my five-month pregnant belly between us. My stomach was slightly bigger than normal pregnancies because we were having twins.

"Ethan." I mumble again as I shake him harder. "Yes baby?" He mumbles as he yawns and opens his eyes. "I am hungry." I whisper. I am really carving some ice cream right now. "Right now?" He asks and I nod. His eyes go to the clock beside us. "Baby it's two in the morning are you sure it's healthy to eat at this time?" He asks.

"Please," I pout and his eyes go to my lips before he sighs. He pecks my lips before untangling himself from me and getting up. He stretches and yawns before looking at me. "I want ice cream," I say like a kid and he chuckles. He puts his palms on the bed before leaning down so that he was closer to my face.

"Then get up," he says before kissing me softly and pulling away. I smile and he offers me his hand. I take his hand and get up, keeping one hand on my swollen stomach. He kisses my stomach- something he does very often- as I stand properly.

We hold hands as we walk down to the kitchen. He turns on the light all while keeping a hand protectively on my waist.

Ever since I have started showing he has gotten way more protective than usual. I could be getting up the couch and he would start panicking. He has also been reading a lot of pregnancy books and I think he knows more about it then I do at this point.

He lights me up and places me on the counter. I don't know how he manages to lift me up especially since I am pregnant. He opens the fridge and takes out one huge bucket of ice cream I got just yesterday before taking out two spoons.

He grins at me before opening the bucket, and tossing the lid aside before the both of us start digging in. "How do you feel about the season starting?" I ask. He shrugs taking a bite before answering, "I really don't want to travel and leave you guys. You know I am going to take you with me everywhere until you can, but after that I am a bit skeptical about it. I really wanted to take this season off... But someone stopped me." He mumbles the last part and I smile.

"You can't do that. Just because I am pregnant you can't stop playing. They need you and you love playing." I say and he smiles. "I know. But I really like staying home with you and the boys." He mumbled, feeding me some ice cream.

That's right, boys. We found out the gender about a week ago and had a small gender reveal. It was a cliche one with two cakes, both having the gender of our twins, the inside would either be blue for a boy and pink for a girl. Both cakes were blue from the inside.

Ethan was really hoping for a baby girl, but when he found out it was two baby boys he didn't mind he was still happy. We didn't mind the gender, we just wanted our kids to be healthy.

"I know babe, but it's time for you to go back. You need to get the cup home this year, for me, the babies and your whole team," I smiled and he chuckled. "Ethan, but on a serious note. I really want you to go play. I have seen how you have been for the few months when the season was off. You miss playing and there is no way I am letting you take this season off. You are playing." I say and I squeeze his bicep.

He kisses my forehead before putting the ice cream down and just hugging me.

And I don't know how long we just stand there in the kitchen hugging each other, but at the moment I feel so content and happy.

~~~

(6 months (26 weeks) pregnant)

I was walking around the grocery store, pushing the cart with me as I looked through the different candies.

Ethan and I had come here together, but I think I got carried away when I saw the candy aisle and l left him in the fruits and vegetables aisle... I think.

I grin to myself picking up all the candy that I can and putting it in the car. My babies kick a few times, approving of the candy I am getting for us.

I hum a tune to myself as I pick up another pack of candy just as two hands hold my waist from behind and pull me back. My back is on his chest and I look up, and am met with a sight of an angry looking Ethan. He is looking down at me with a glare and his glare softens a bit when our eyes meet. His hands are gripping my sides hardly, but not hard for it to hurt or anything.

"Hi." I say sheepishly as I grin up at him like a child. "Oh don't you 'hi' me. First you leave me alone for candy. Fucking candy. And then when I am panicking and looking for my pregnant wife, people start gathering around me, claiming they are my fans and taking pictures." He says as he looks down at me.

"Sorry." I pout. His eyes dart down to my pouted lips and he bends down and kisses me spiderman style.

I then turn around causing my belly to come between us. "Can we get all those?" I say with a puppy face as I look up at him and point towards the shopping cart that is half filled with candy.

Ethan looks at the cart and his eyes widen. He looks back at me and gulps, "B-But it's unhealthy." He manages to say. "Pretty please." I pout further. "Okay." He nods, his eyes in some sort of daze.

"Yay!" I squeal and walk towards the cart making Ethan's hands drop to his sides.

I push the cart and waddle towards the register, humming to myself with a happy smile on my face. I hear Ethan's footsteps behind me and then he is by my side.

His one arm goes around my waist as we both walk together, people looking at us and taking pictures as we try to ignore the flashes of the camera.

~~~

(7 months (30 weeks) pregnant)

"I feel pregnant." I groan as I look down at my seven month old belly. I can't even see my own feet!

"Um.. Maybe because you are pregnant...?" Ethan trails off. "Don't you get started. I swear or you will be sleeping on the couch again today." I say as I look up at him with a glare.

Being pregnant is hard. I constantly have mood swings, like one second I am happy the other I am annoyed for no reason. Then I am hungry at the most random times and to make it worse, I am hungry for particular food I am craving. And I am also horny. Very horny. Ethan didn't mind it at first, he said me being horny more than usual was an advantage to him, until it became at random times. Like two in the morning.

Yep you heard me right. There was this one night I just woke up randomly. I then woke Ethan up and told him I was horny and this happened for two whole weeks, me waking up at random times at night and being horny. And it still does happen sometimes, okay maybe more than sometimes.

"Jeez, pregnant women are scary." He mumbles. "That's it! I have had it with you. You can't even get me chocolate ice cream and then you have the audacity to complain! I am done. I am so done." I say, tears now flowing down my face as I remove my wedding ring and throw it at him before walking into the walk-in closet and getting my suitcase.

I walk back into the room and place the suitcase next to a wide eyed Ethan. "Woah woah woah woah. What the hell just happened? You aren't going anywhere!" He says as he shuffles off the bed and towards me.

He picks up my left hand and slides the ring back onto my ring finger before picking up the suitcase and putting it on the highest shelf where I can't reach it. I huff and cross my arms in annoyance. He then walks towards me and puts his hands on my hips. "You aren't leaving me. Nor are you going anywhere. I won't let it happen. You are stuck with my, 'annoying ass' as you call it, forever." He mumbles before pecking me on the lips.

I just turn my head away from him as he tries to peck me once more, causing him to sigh.

"Are you mad?" He asks.

I don't say anything, still looking away from him.

"How can I make it up to you?"

Still, I say nothing.

"Are the twins being naughty today?"

Nope.

"Lia, baby, respond." He says.

When I say nothing he sighs. "I know this is hard for you. I mean hell you are carrying not only one, but two babies in you. I can't even imagine how hard it may be for you. But you have to talk to me so that I can help." He says as he pecks my cheek.

I turn and look at him with teary eyes. I don't know why I am crying, but I just want to, okay?

"Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong? I am sorry-" I cut him off with a sob which makes his eyes widen. "N-No, it's just that you are so understanding. God, you're the perfect husband." I cry as I throw my arms around him and hug him tight.

"God you scared me." He says as he rubs my back. Suddenly I feel a kick in my belly and so does Ethan as we are completely pressed against each other. Both of us laugh together and Ethan kneels down in front of my big belly.

"Hey boys. How are you doing? Are you troubling mummy? Because if you are, we are going to have some issues, hmm? Your mommy is a strong woman, she is carrying the both of you. She loves you so so much, so try to be good boys for her, hmm? I love you." He says and places a small kiss on my belly.

I giggle at the feeling and wipe any tears on my face with the back of my hand. "I love you." I whisper to Ethan once he gets up. He smiles and pecks me on my lips. "I love you too." He whispers.

He then hugs me, with my belly in between us. We stay in each other's embrace for some time until I speak. "Ethan?" I ask softly. "Hmm?" He says. "I am horny." I mumble with a blush. "Oh course you are." He chuckles.

He then puts his hand under my knees and one on my back before carrying me bridal style towards our bed.

He places me right in the center and hovers over me.

"Let's take care of your horniness, shall we?" He says as he grins

~~~

(Ethan's Point of View)

I close my car door and press the button on the keys to lock it before walking towards the front door. I straighten the strap of my gym bag before fishing my keys out of my pocket. I open the door and gently close the door behind me.

I walk into the living room and smile when I see my pregnant wife sitting on the couch, still in her pajamas, cross legged with a full jar of nutella in her lap as she eats it with a spoon. The TV is on in front of her and she is watching whatever she is intensely.

"Hey baby!" I smile and make my way towards her. She ignores me, causing me to frown. I kneel in front of her, my hands on her knee as I look at her. "Baby?" I say as I look at her. She just huffs and looks away from me.

Okay, she may or may not be mad at me. The thing is I don't go to the gym on a Wednesday, and today is a wednesday. Nor do I have morning practice. So we usually end up cuddling all morning. But today Chase and Andrew called me and said that maybe we could go for a run and then spent an hour at the gym. And I agreed. I didn't want to wake Amelia up so I let her sleep and wrote her a note as to where I am going and when I will be back and pecked her forehead and left.

"Lia... Come on dont ignore me." I whine. She just pretends I am not there and eats another spoonful of nutella. A bit of nutella smears on the corner of her lip so I use the pad of my thumb and wipe it off before licking it off my thumb.

I kiss her swollen tummy, "Hey guys." I say and put my hand on her tummy waiting for them to kick, but they don't. They always kick when I talk to them. "Come on, you're mad at me too?" I frown.

"I am sorry." I mumble as I look up at Amelia but she is too invested in the tv. I pick up the remote and turn the tv off before turning back to Amelia who is looking at me with a glare.

"Hi baby." I smile at her and widen my eyes a bit hoping that my 'cute' face as she calls it helps me out here. Her eyes soften a bit and she grins down at me. "Hi." She whispers.

I wrap my hands around her and lay my head on her belly as her hands go into my hair and she runs her fingers through it making me close my eyes at the feeling. "I am mad at you." She says and then both the boys decide to kick, hitting me straight on my cheek. "Ow." I wince as I pull away and rub my cheek. "Seems like they are mad too." I mumble.

"Of course they are. You promised us cuddles in the morning last night. And then I woke up this morning to an empty bed. You have to mentally prepare us if we're not getting morning cuddles." She says with a frown.

"I am sorry. Andrew and Chase just made plans... How about I give you those cuddles now?" I ask. "Well now I don't want cuddles." She mumbles almost shyly as a blush coates her cheek. "Then?" I ask, confused. "I am kinda... horny." She admits.

"Of course you are." I chuckle as I stand up. I picked her up bridal style and put the nutella jar on the coffee table before carrying my horny wife to our bedroom and making it up to her.

~~~

(9 months (38 weeks) pregnant)

The twins were late, by two weeks to be exact. The doctor told us they would be out by the time she is 36 weeks along, but now Lia is 39 weeks along and still waiting for our twins to arrive.

She is annoyed as fuck and has gotten way more moddy which is understandable. "Lia, baby, I have some chocolate covered strawberries for you," I sing as I walk into our room where Amelia is sitting on the bed watching something on the tv.

She looks at me and smiles tiredly, "Thank you." She mumbles and I smile before placing the plate in front of her and kissing her on her forehead. Amelia has not been able to sleep a lot since the babies have been kicking like crazy and she is paranoid that her water can break any minute.

"Baby, you have to sleep. You look so tired." I say as I push her hair behind her ear. "I know. But I can't. Everything hurts so much and I just want them to come out so that I can hold them." She whispers and I see tears form in her eyes as she eats the strawberries.

Our pregnancy experience was fun and amazing. We enjoyed and cherished every moment of it to the fullest, but now it was getting tough, especially for her. Her back hurt a lot, her feet were swollen and the kicks the twins were giving were also painful now.

I pull her to me and cuddle her. "I love you and I am so proud of you. You are so strong." I mumbled kissing her hair and I felt her smile as she wiped away her tears. "Thank you." She mumbles. "For?" I ask. "For taking care of me and the babies, for handling me and not once complaining, it means so much. I know I haven't been easy at all." She says and I chuckle, recalling all the times she woke me up late in the night because she was hungry or horny.

"I am your husband Lia, and I love you. It's my job as your husband to take care of you and to love you and be there for you when I know you need me the most." I say and she smiles. I kissed her hair again and she snuggled into me her eyes closed and I ran my hands through her hair lulling her to sleep.

A few minutes later I turned off the lights and tv before going to sleep.

~~~

I feel someone shaking me harshly and I groan before opening my eyes and looking at Amelia who is looking down at me. "Ethan.." She breathes and my eyebrows furrow. "My water broke." She says and my eyes widen.

"W-What?" I ask. "My water broke. The twins are coming. We need to go to the hospital right now." She mumbles and for a second I am just still, taking in the information.

"Ethan, now is really not the time to freeze. Both of them are going crazy in there." She says and I get up. "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!" I mumble as I rush around the room picking up the baby bags we packed and throiwng on a shirt.

"Don't swear!" She manages to say. I take a deep breath before helping Amelia out of the bed.

I hold the bags in one hand while helping Amelia down the stairs and to the car. I help her in the car and I see her taking deep breaths, trying to calm herself.

I get in the car, taking hold of her hand which she squeezes quite hard and with that I drive off to the hospital.

This is going to be a long night.

~~~

"Ah!" Amelia screams as more tears trail down her cheeks as she holds my hand tightly causing my face to give a pained expression. "Baby number one is almost out Mrs. Turner, just two more pushes. Come on!" The doctor encourages and Amelia breathes in before closing her eyes and pushing.

"Ethan! I hate you! You did this to me!" She says. She has been saying that ever since she got into labour, and I know very well she doesn't mean that. "It's alright love. You're doing great." I encourage as I wipe her hair off her sweaty forehead. "Mrs Turner, just one big push and the baby will be out." She says and Amelia nods before squeezing the hell out of my hand that I am sure it's broken.

A few seconds later I see the doctor hold a baby and cries fill the room. "Congratulations! It's a boy!" She says and the nurse takes him and goes to wash him and wrap him in a towel. I feel tears gather in my eyes as I look at my baby, my son, our son.

I look down at Amelia who has tears running down her face and her eyes closed. Suddenly her hold on my hand tightens. "Okay, seems like baby number two is coming out too!" The doctor says before getting into position.

"Push." She encourages Amelia but Amelia shakes her head. "I cant! I can't. I... I am too tired. I can't." She sobs and the doctor looks at me worriedly. "Baby, you can do this. Just a bit more. Come on love. I know you can do this. You are one of the strongest women I know." I encourage and she holds my hand tightly before pushing. "There we go Amelia. Now give me one long push. Come on. Just one more." The doctor says and Amelia nods before her eyes close in pain as she pushes and another cry fills the room.

"Another baby boy! Congratulations!" The doctor says before our second baby goes to the nurse again to be washed and cleaned. "You did it love. You did so well." I say and she nods.

"I love you." I say kissing her forehead. She smiles and opens her eyes. "I love you too." She whispers tiredly.

The doctor does a few things before helping her sit up. "I want to see my babies." Amelia whispers and the doctor smiles before nodding.

The nurse comes in holding both our babies in her arms. She places them both in Amelia's arms and adjusts them comfortably. I look down at the two small human's in my wife's arms in awe, not being able to get over the fact they look so perfect and... little.

I feel a tear roll down my cheek and I wipe it away. "What to hold them?" She asks looking up at me with teary eyes and I see the same look of awe and love in her eyes. I nod, gulping slightly. She brings one of the babies closer to me and I take him carefully, being extremely gentle as I hold him.

I sit down on the seat next to the bed, cradling the sleeping baby in my hands. I look up at Amelia who is smiling at us, holding our other baby. "Thank you." I say. "For what?" She asks. "For making me the happiest man on earth again and giving me a family." I say and her smile widens.

"I love you." She says and I smile. "I love you too."

We stay there for god knows how long just holding our babies, even switching them from time to time.

Everyone calls us and congratulates us and soon after Chase and Andrew come to the hospital too.

A few hours later, once all the calls are done and Chase and Andrew are gone. I sit in the hospital room looking at my tired wife who is now asleep after breastfeeding the twins for the first time.

My eyes go down to where both the twins are asleep in the big stroller bed kind of thing and I can't help but smile.

In this room are the people I love the most and would do anything for.

My family.

The thought itself sets a huge smile on my face.

~~~

Yayy! Hope y'all liked that. Make sure to vote and comment.

As said above I don't exactly know how giving birth goes, and all. I tried to understand as much as I could from google and well from what I have read on wattpad. So yeah.

Again, hope you liked the chapter!

Let me know what you guys which bonus chapter you want next!

Love,

Your Author, Human <3

(❤❤❤ ^^)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 104 51
{COMPLETED} Amelia was adopted at age 15 by a family in the same town she grew up in, just on the other side. She's trying to move on and forget her...
1.2M 25.4K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
737K 16.9K 23
(WARNING! Don't read this peace of crap! I made it up when I was.. like... 14? Still, it sucks 'cause I didn't give a shit about grammar but now I do...
1.2K 12 23
I walked down the hallway quickly as I tried to get to class. Suddenly, a hand was classed over my mouth and I was pulled into a dark closet. I kicke...