The Cat in Night (Yuukoku no...

By bandaged_fox

CURRENTLY ON HAITUS Y/N too is trying to overrule society, but at her own game. Making those twisted people g... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1 - The Earl's Crime Part 1
CHAPTER 2 - The Earl's Crimes Part 2

CHAPTER 3 - The Earl's Crimes END

751 52 19
By bandaged_fox

Finally! The introduction to The Cat in the Night for the Moriarty brothers!!! I wonder how well they will respond ;) Plus a special CG for today's chapter which I have worked very hard on~!

As some of you know, I am following the manga of Yuukoku no Moriarty, I find this easier to write. I hope you understand if anything is different! :) It isn't that much different from the anime haha.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you heard?
About...The Cat in the Night?

While that rumor was only a few years old, it felt like forever for 28-year-old Y/N L/N.

Truth be told, she didn't even belong in this world. Yes, isekai'ed, Y/N knew she was in an anime. Though not knowing which one. She didn't watch it after all.

She had no intention of going back there though. She loved where she was and decided over...a few sleepless nights that she would stay. She didn't even know how she got there anyway. She would say...she arrived around 7 years ago. Enough for the name The Cat in the Night to be widespread. She understood that somehow the plot seemed to revolve around the Moriarty family and like many others, she wanted the secret out. What made the air around them seem so menacing. She could only deduce that the Moriarty family was indeed the Lord of Crime.

But you didn't see how in the world the Lord of Crime would get in your plan. You were doing the same thing they were doing. Fine you admit, a little more escalated. But soon, you'll strike Duke Dublin...for everything he's done. You were even aware of when he ruthlessly killed Michelle's child.

From the other maids, the night was a terrible storm raining cats and dogs too. The local doctor was even unfortunately out of town.

Apparently, they went to Duke Dublin to beg for his private doctor but all he complained about was the carpet. Even made of them for how much they could even pay for the doctor to give their son some water. That maid has now retired due to overworking...You wish you could have been here sooner. 3 years ago...you were ---- --- ------- --- -- -- ---------- - -- ---- and-

"[Name], come on. There is no time to dawdle, we need to prepare for the dinner that Duke Dublin wanted with the Moriarty family." One of the maids snaps you out of your thoughts. You still held the plate over the table. You laugh awkwardly, "I'm coming..."

Unknown to anyone, with your gaudy robin hood outfit you had already told Michelle the plan. Around the time before you met William. By now she must have bought grapefruits for the pie...you knew, it really wasn't creative but what else could you do?

You stood next to Duke Dublin, he was currently stressing about the money needed to be paid. Till finally, the Moriarty brother arrived. You knew what they were doing. From William's antics, you called it. It seemed he wanted to be on everyone's good side. Most likely for them to ban together and beat Duke Dublin.

"Also, M.Baton came to see you."

Ah, just as planned. Everything will go well.

"Baton? Who the hell are you..?" Duke Dublin seemed confused.

"I'm the representative of the workers. I'm also going to participate in the meeting." Baton's eyes narrowed hate towards the duke. You felt your stomach tingle in excitement. The show was just about to start!

Baton gave the grapefruits to the butler, who would use the grapefruit in their pie for tonight. How was that planned? Well, you could maximally use the effectiveness in the pie to really sear the flavor in.

The 'war' had finally started. As the Duke's 'favored maid' you stood right beside him. Though didn't bother to look interested in defending the Duke.

"Tonight will be beef. But I doubt we'll have enough for the commoners." Duke Dublin sarcastically mentioned. Which was very much unnecessary in your opinion.

"Master, " The old chap doctor called out, "Be careful with your alcohol."

"I know that!" Duke here already seemed riled up, taking a seat he muttered, "id you think that by gathering allies you'd win this battle?"

"A battle?" You could only assume this gentleman was Albert, the eldest son in the brothers, "I wouldn't do something so barbaric." He seemed to glance at you. William talked about you didn't he..." However before that, shall we feast? You did take the time to prepare it for us."

During their feasting, you were called to help with the pie. Oh, you tampered with it to kill him. Though the grapefruits will do some damage, adding some oh crushed medicine would affect some things. While the other guests would be able to sense something different, some more flavoring would help haha.

Bringing it in, you gave the biggest slice over to the Duke. Better to go all out no?

He finally started eating the slice,

It's showtime...!

You blinked at Michelle to start, her smile began to fixate for a more creepy look, scaring the Duke, "Wha...What a creepy woman. Even though I fed her..."

"Does the taste suit you, Duke Dublin?" What is William planning? You needed to strike before that, "These are the fruits M. Baton is working so hard to cultivate."

"Is- Is that so..."

3...

"As I thought, you don't know anything about your workers." William glanced at you.

2...

"I suppose you also forgot about the day you killed their own child." You walked away from this whole situation. The room had one majestic window facing the window. The moon seemed to glisten in excitement for the opening of the show.

1...

"...Child?" The Duke seemed confused at William's words before having a flashback to that night.

The Duke slammed his hand on the table about to stand up before. But at that moment, every light in the house went out. Everyone looked around in fright, some in confusion.

Before the doors to the outside were locked by an audible click.

"William-"

A loud crash sound was heard from behind the duke. Glass came flying inside as everyone inside stood up from their seat and shielded their faces and now looked at the figure standing on the window. Their long dark blue coat that was hanging on their shoulders blended in with the dark starry sky.

(Please do not steal, this is my own original art. I have used my own oc for context but feel free to change the colors around of you dear reader~!)

"Who in the world...?!" The Duke growled, taking small steps back before collapsing.

"Haha...Ahhahahahahaha." You chuckled at the Duke's puny small figure, "My how the mighty have fallen."

You hope down from the window crushing some glass under your boots. You took a quick glance at your audience.

Michelle seemed neutral knowing this would happen. Baron seemed to freeze on the spot. William...oh how his eyes were doing calculations on the spot! You must be careful with every breath and habit you do. How scary...!

Albert seemed to take the next move, "You. Who are you?"

You chuckled louder stepping on top of the fallen Duke's face.

"Me? And I thought everyone knew me! Ha!"

"Get off me!!" Duke Douchebag yelled before you kneeled down to his pathetic level.

"Don't you know Duke? The medicine you take and the grapefruit...don't exactly mix well, if you can't understand that through your thick imbecile skull."

He stared at you shocked as you did your best rich lady laugh.

You paced around the room before approaching the other blonde male and pulled his tie. Though William and his brother started looking at you on edge, you just pushed yourself to the boy.

"I'll now formally introduce myself. You spun the emo one hair covering one eye boy and hugged him from behind being taller than him.

"My name is The Cat in the Night. Or what I like to call myself in simpler terms, Orpheus." History class still stuck with you...gross. You squeezed Louis a bit more before letting go.

Of course, you would just hug any person. This action is a part of a more future plan.

"Michelle and I had an agreement. I would assist her in taking down the likes of you and I would take all your riches for the next week or so unless you change."

"I- I could pay more than what that cow has you!!!"

"Oho~? How much so~?"

You quickly twirled around to put your arm around Albert, meeting eyes in front of the Duke again. Though no one moved they seemed to take in your...petty pretty boy actions.

William watched as this...other boy came to ultimately ruin his plans. He was going to do the reveal. Not this...street thief.

Albert on the other hand, amused by this

"Threefold!!! No...tenfold!"

"My my, someone is bold today~. But unfortunately, that will not work."

"W-Why not?"

"It's zero." Michelle had collected herself and said, "I paid them zero pounds. Zero sterling. Zero pesos. As payment...I gave sir Moriarty and Sir Orpheus my life."

"Well now!! Time for some mathematics~!" You finally latched on to William. You do admit this weird spinning around the room and dancing from one boy to another made you feel like you wanted to die in a ditch. But at the same time, it was fun messing with them...Even if you only knew one of them-

"Ten times zero is zero..." William started, lacing an arm around you, "Can you give us twenty times a life?" In sync, your eyes are void of emotion. Asking a question which in obviousness was no.

"Well, showtime's over. Best I will be going now. I have some riches to hand out now. Though...you can handle the rest Moriarty dear~. Michelle, the plan goes as proceeded."

Michelle nodded before you used smoke bombs to make your escapade. After the people inside coughed and waved the smoke away you were gone. The lights flashed back on and the doors were open since a concerned maid [Name] came in.

"Oh my! The doors were locked for a while. What happened?"

"...Nothing." Albert smiled at you. You were able to leave and the rest was a blur. Since your little energy spur was up, you felt wanting to be isolated. That joy ride...my goodness. Though none of the men seemed to enjoy those who flaunt power and selfishness. Never would they want you.

Albert was mostly confused at best. Though he still knew to keep a calm demeanor in place. Watching the gentlemen pace around as if he got the whole room under a trace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The brothers inside their carriage on their way home were stunned by this...Cat in the Night. He...no she obviously wanted them to know he was in fact...she. But what reason could this serve to them?

She couldn't have figured that much out yet...Could she?

"Brother..! Let me go back and find out more about her!" Louis was the first to speak up. Eager to help his brother.

"While she may still be there it ain't safe to assume she won't try to kill you. She wasn't playing around with the Duke at all. More so than I would." William squinted his eyes in concentration. This...woman seemed to just entrance William to this stage of hers. While not dangerous it was in front of the eyes of many.

"Though Orpheus was thoroughly interesting. Her private show showed much potential and skill in this profession of hers." Albert added. His eyes closed in sweet delight of the woman's whole antics. He liked her already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michelle as you spoke earlier has come to the back after the whole show, "Orpheus, thank you again."

"This is my little side job~ no need for gratitude. Expect some riches tomorrow!" Disappearing, you left a small cat charm. Which was your logo on a pocket watch. A sigh of your help. Though...it was a hassle to create and you enjoyed how it looked overall.

(I had to rush this design to release the chapter earlier. Sorry^^;;)

Inside the manor, you packed your items. Your help here was no longer needed. The plan for how the riches speed for the best week was already done and set. You knew you were all done here. It wasn't smart to keep your gaudy outfit on but ah, the thrill of being found out like this made everything better.

All of a sudden there was a sharp edge pointed at the back of your throat. You put your hands up in surrender. Unable to see the mysterious attacker.

"Ah....it's you. The butler for William." Louis stiffened, "What was your motive for...that action of yours?"

You stifled a laugh, "Future purpose I suppose. What do you need to know?"

You quickly turned around and grabbed Louis's arm twisting it so he dropped the knife and you made him impact on your bed.

"Hush softie dear. You wouldn't want anyone hearing us scuffle now do we?" You put your other hand to signal a 'be quiet' sign and winked.

Louis mildly embarrassed at his failure of having an upper hand blushed incredibly loud. How could he not even keep a woman in check?

"Why did you reveal to me...to us...you are a woman?"

"Oh, my...for the Lord of Crime you do seem a bit underinformed." You took in Louis's response, "How do you-!"

"Don't underestimate me. Now, if you excuse me. I have somewhere to be. Au revoir, my softie dear~."

Then just like that, you disappeared. Louis sat on your bed upright before noticing the logo pocket watch. Without thinking Louis took it before sneaking out of the manor.

Then just like that, you were gone. Never to exist in that town.

Though your next location...was to visit your detective friend. You know...the one that lived in 221B...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed the special artwork in this chapter! Since this series is long, I won't be able to draw one for every chapter, unfortunately. Thank you for reading! The next chapter will be released soon~!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 5.9K 78
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

148K 3.5K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1.2M 49.7K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
492K 14.2K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc