second//bill weasley

By stephie177

Annalise Donovan lost a lot during the Wizarding War. She lost friends, family, and the father of her daughte... More

two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight

one

5.5K 62 25
By stephie177

My daughter Madeline, or Maddie as everyone calls her, and I are running down the street. We're late to meet up with some friends of hers and their family. I open the door to the Leaky Cauldron and let Maddie walk in before me. I smile when I see the Weasley family around a large table with Harry Potter and Hermione Granger.

"Sorry we're late," I tell them.

Molly Weasley smiles as she wraps her arms around me. "Nonsense you're here now, Dear."

I laugh lightly before turning to Harry. "Hi Harry."

"Mrs. Donovan," Harry greets.

I wave him off. "You make me sound so old, Harry. I've told you; you can call me Annalise or better yet Annie."

Harry smiles slightly as he nods his head.

"Harry, wonder if Annalise and I might have a word?" Arthur tells him.

Harry nods. "Yeah, sure."

Arthur starts to lead Harry away from the group. "Hermione."

Hermione smiles. "Good morning, Mr. Weasley."

"Looking forward to a new term?" Arthur asks Harry.

"Yeah. It should be great," Harry says.

"Harry, there are some within the Ministry who would strongly discourage me from divulging what I'm about to reveal to you. But I think that you need to know the facts. You are in danger. Grave danger," Arthur tells him.

Harry looks at the wanted poster of Sirius Black that is plastered on the wall. "Has this anything to do with Sirius Black, sir?"

"What do you know about Sirius Black, Harry?" Arthur asks.

"Only that he's escaped from Azkaban," Harry tells him.

"Do you know why?" I ask.

Harry shakes his head.

"Thirteen years ago, when you stopped..." Arthur starts.

"Voldemort," Harry says.

"Don't say his name," Arthur warns.

"Sorry," Harry says.

"When you stopped You-Know-Who... Black lost everything. But to this day, he still remains a faithful servant. And in his mind... you are the only thing that stands in the way... of You-Know-Who returning to power. And that is why... he has escaped from Azkaban. To find you," Arthur explains.

"And kill me," Harry states.

"Harry, swear to me that whatever you might hear... you won't go looking for Black," Arthur says.

"Mr. Weasley... why would I go looking for someone who wants to kill me?" Harry remarks.

I smile at Harry. "Don't worry Harry. Hogwarts is the safest place for you."

I look at the poster of the screaming man. You can see the agony. The pain he's in. He's nothing like the boy I used to know.

After breakfast we head to King's Cross. It's that time of year again for the students to board the Hogwarts Express to return to school for the start of term. I teach at Hogwarts, so I hop a ride on the train. I sit in a compartment by myself. My mind wanders to all the times I sat on this same train going to Hogwarts as a student. I can still see my friends and I laughing and joking. No having a care for anything else.

Suddenly the train stops. I look out the window as the whole train shakes. I see something dark fly beside the train. The lights go out as the train shakes again. I jump slightly. It starts to get very cold causing the windows to fog over. It's almost as if the happiness I felt a minute ago has drained away. That's when I see it. A Dementor floating down the corridor. I instinctively try to back away from it pushing myself against the seat. Then I jump up realising why it must be here.

I rush from my compartment looking for Maddie. I find her and her friends a few compartments down. I see Harry sitting up on the seat looking slightly confused. Ron, Hermione, and Maddie are looking at him concerned.

"Are you lot all alright?" They all nod their heads. I crouch down in front of Harry and notice he is holding a piece of chocolate. "Where did you get the chocolate from?"

Harry points behind me. I stand up and notice a man sitting next to Ron. He's in his early thirties, sandy blonde hair with some grey starting to come through. He has scars cutting across his face.

I nod my head. "You're sure you're all alright?"

They all nod.

"Mum, really we're fine," Maddie assures.

"Speak for yourself," Ron remarks.

"Just a bit of a scare," Hermione adds.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to have a little word with the driver," the man says.

I nod my head. "Just sit tight, we'll be at Hogwarts soon enough."

I follow the man out of the compartment. "You're the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, aren't you?" I ask.

Remus nods. "And you're a professor as well?"

I nod my head. "Arithmancy." I smile slightly. "It is nice to see you again, Remus." He nods his head with a small smile. "I'll be seeing you at the feast."

"Of course." Remus waves slightly as I head in the opposite direction.

I sit with the rest of the Professors at the table at the front of the Great Hall. The welcome back feast this year starts with a song sung by the school choir. We all applaud as they finish.

Dumbledore stands up to address everyone. "Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now, I'd like to say a few words... before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin... who's kindly consented to fill the post... of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor." Everyone claps. I smile at Remus. "Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher... has decided to retire... in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce... that his place will be taken by none other... than our own Rubeus Hagrid," Dumbledore announces. I clap loudly for Hagrid. He stands and shakes the table in front of him. "Finally, on a more disquieting note... at the request of the Ministry of Magic... Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban... until such a time as Sirius Black is captured. The Dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured... that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities... a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish... between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you... to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found... even in the darkest of times... if one only remembers to turn on the light."

I turn to Remus who is sitting next to me. "Thank you again for helping Harry on the train."

"It's no problem," Remus tells me. I smile. "The girl with the black hair, the one who was with Harry on the train, is Madeline isn't she?"

I nod my head. "Can you believe she's thirteen?"

Remus shakes his head. "Not at all."

I laugh lightly. "Why don't you come to my room tonight? I think we have a lot to talk about."

Remus nods. "Of course."

I get up from my bed when I hear a knock on the door. I open it and smile at Remus. I step aside letting him into the room.

"I've got the kettle on," I tell him.

Remus chuckles. "Some things never change."

"I'm sorry I never reached out in all these years," I confess. "I just... With all that happened I didn't know how."

"You and I are all that's left. So long as you want me to, I will be your friend," Remus tells me. I nod my head as I smile softly. "Madeline looks just like Rowan."

I nod my head. "And Harry looks just like James except..."

Remus cuts me off, "He has Lily's eyes." I smile slightly. "Does Harry know that Lily and James were our friends?"

I nod my head. "He saw my name on a quidditch plaque next to James'. I didn't want to lie to him. I had to explain why he wound up with his horrid Aunt and Uncle instead of with me. That it wasn't my choice." I smile. "Mostly I just wanted to be able to talk to him about Lily and James. His face lights up whenever I talk about them. He'll hang on my every word." I laugh lightly. "He's practically a mini James."

Remus smiles slightly as he nods. "How long have you been teaching here?"

"This is only my fourth year," I tell him.

"Why did you quit your job as an Auror?" Remus asks.

"My Mum died when Maddie was eight. She was the one who took care of Maddie when I was at work. And... and I had a few to many close calls so I just quit. I didn't want to risk leaving Maddie with no one to care for her," I explain.

"So now you're here," Remus says.

I nod. "Now we're both here."

Hagrid had his first care of magical creatures class today. He's been rather excited about it since Dumbledore gave him the good news. I can understand why. Taking care of the school's magical creatures has been his life and passion for quite some time now. I can't wait to hear all about what he showed the third years.

Instead of being greeted with a warm smile I find Hagrid carrying a whining Draco Malfoy in his arms. The other students are following.

"Hagrid?" I question.

"I've got to get Malfoy to the hospital, Annalise," Hagrid tells me before continuing on.

I stop Hermione and Ron before they can pass me. "What happened?" I question.

"Hagrid was showing us Buckbeak the hippogriff," Hermione tells me.

"And Draco was a right foul git," Ron adds.

"What did Malfoy do?" I ask.

"He challenged Buckbeak and Buckbeak didn't like it. He reared up and hit Draco," Hermione tells me.

"It's not as bad as Draco made it seem. He's just milking it," Ron insists.

"Where are Harry and Maddie?" I question.

Hermione looks around. "They must still be in the woods."

"I'm going to go find them," I tell her.

I head into the woods looking for Maddie and Harry. I find them with Buckbeak. I can overhear them talking.

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black?" Maddie asks.

"Who has the Grim?" I question.

Harry and Maddie look at me surprised to see me.

"Mum? What are you doing here?" Maddie questions.

"I was coming to see Hagrid after your class but uh... I see that he has some other issues to attend to," I tell her.

"Oh." Madeline nods. "Well according to Professor Trelawney Harry has the Grim."

"Well Divination is a woolly subject. Prophecies don't always come true." I step up and bow to Buckbeak and he bows back. Buckbeak puts his head in my hand.

"You remember me don't you boy?" I question.

Harry looks at me curiously. "You know Buckbeak?"

I smile. "Buckbeak has been here since I was a student."

"Mum, what's going to happen to Buckbeak?" Maddie asks.

"If it's up to Lucius Malfoy nothing good," I confess. "But I'm sure Buckbeak will be fine." Harry nods. "Are you alright?"

"Buckbeak didn't do anything to me," Harry states.

"I meant with Sirius Black still on the loose and now this whole Grim thing," I clarify.

Harry shrugs. "He hasn't got me yet."

I roll my eyes. "He isn't going to get you Harry."

"Yeah, Mum, will make sure of it," Maddie tells him.

I force a smile. "You two should head back up to the castle. Don't want to get in any more trouble."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So here is what I think my characters would look like credits to the avatar creator in the corner

Annie

Maddie

Rowan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.9K 3.4K 29
๐’พ๐“๐“ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’ถ๐‘”๐’ถ๐’พ๐“ƒ tw|| self harm
15.7K 164 19
Lana Shereรฉ and Charles Leclerc had been dating for 4 years before one night after the Monaco Grand Prix, he made a mistake that he knew was not goin...
47.2K 1.3K 31
a young girl trying to start off her acting career in New York isn't having the easiest or best time with her life until she meets a certain singer ...