Sister Witches

By cnszn1

Witches have been in life-threatening danger since the days of Salem. After the trials, they left in order to... More

Disclaimer
Angelica "Angel" Day
Prologue
Recovery
Retribution and a Revived Frat Boy
Another Goodbye
Who Says You Have to Stay Dead?
Destruction of Precious Treasures
Revival of Another Witch
A New Sanctuary
A Gaggle of Witches
Wounded
Heart Stopping Fear
Comforting Presence
New Information
A Surprise Visit
Learning From a Pro
The Disappearance of a Day
Repaying Her Debt
The Search Begins
I Knew It
The Seven Wonders Sucks
Gone Forever This Time
Cordelia Goode Has Entered The Chat
PART 2: Apocalypse
Prologue
We're Going to California?
Holy Hell
Getting to Know Her Better
Times Are Changing
Feats Never Accomplished Before
You Never Fail to Amaze Me
What Are We Exactly?
Revelations Galore
The Angel Before Me
Burning and The Death of a Coven
What Now?
How We're Going to Take Down the Anti-Christ
The Waiting Game is Boring
Crawl Out Through the Fallout
Epilogue
Author's Note
Author's Note/Shameless Self Promotion

A New Era with a New Supreme

709 20 2
By cnszn1

Thanks to her new title, Cordelia's eyesight had been restored to her. Her original dark chocolate, brown eyes seeing all that was around her with a new vigor. She had awoken in the second bed of Angel's room, the once bloody bed across the room now clean and unoccupied. She gathered herself and walked out of the room. She could hear voices downstairs coming from the kitchen, so she descended.

Upon entering, the conversation between everyone ceased. They all stood from their seats and applauded Cordelia, wide smiles on their faces. She surveyed the room, noticing a certain blonde girl wasn't present. Before she even had a chance to question her whereabouts, a small body collided into her back, arms wrapping tightly around her waist.

A few chuckles came from the table as Cordelia turned around, looking down to observe the young Day girl. Her platinum blonde hair was wet and clean of any blood residue as was the rest of her body. Fresh clothes, given to her by Zoe, were now covering her, the shirt a little baggy but it didn't bother her. It was clear she had taken a shower in the time it took for Cordelia to recover from her use of her powers. No marks were visible on her neck and her blue eyes shined brightly as she looked up at the new Supreme.

Before Cordelia's awakening, the members of the coven had sat down and discussed everything that happened. Myrtle and Queenie being the ones to fill Angel in on what she had missed, and her being the ones to put the pieces of her murder together to those who hadn't figured it out by now. Kyle and Zoe had kept quiet about the justice they enacted, Kyle taking the time to bury Madison's body far off in the backyard while Zoe packed away what remaining clothes the actress didn't have the opportunity to. They briefly argued on whether or not to make Angel aware of Madison's death- Zoe believing they should, Kyle not- but ultimately decided it wasn't necessary for the newly revived blonde to know. So, to everyone else in the room, Madison had fulfilled her promise of flying back out to Hollywood where people were 'normal', never to be seen again.

Cordelia softly cupped Angel's cheeks as the teenager gave her a bright and toothy smile, "How are you feeling?" She asked, brushing her thumb along the girl's cheek.

"I feel great. And it's all thanks to you, Miss Cordelia." She replied. She knew where this was going to go.

"What did we talk about?" The woman lightly chastised.

She giggled, "Oh, come on. You're the Supreme now. I think you deserve a little bit of respect."

Cordelia raised a challenging eyebrow, "Oh, just a little, huh?"

Angel brought her forefinger and thumb up, leaving a sliver of space between the two, "Just a little."

Cordelia laughed and brought the girl close to her chest, hugging her. She had missed this girl, her bright and humorous energy never failing to bring joy to the taller blonde. She felt immensely satisfied. Not because she was the Supreme- well maybe a little- but because she was able to use her powers to bring Angel back.

She wrapped her arm around the young girl's shoulder and turned to face everyone else in the room. They all had hopeful smiles on their faces. They had hope that things would be better now that Cordelia was Supreme. The woman was good-hearted and kind-natured, they knew she would bring in a new era for the Coven. And she was wasting no time in doing so.

"Well, ladies. I think we have some work to do." She smiled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Various crewmen were milling about the downstairs rooms of the academy. Lights and cameras were strewn about, some filming, others not. Sitting in the main room was Cordelia, she was wearing a short black dress, her makeup done with a natural and soft look- only meant to enhance the Supreme's gorgeous features- and her hair fell in soft waves on her shoulders.

"Since your extraordinary public statement last month, there has been quite a bit of fanfare. This frank revelation about your cult, that's sparked a brouhaha in the media, and-" The man was cut off by the blonde.

"Let me clarify, Bill." She said, smiling politely, "We are not a cult. We don't proselytize. We have no agenda. We are not recruiting." She folded her hands in her lap, "Women who identify as witches are born as such, and their abilities, which we call powers, are a part of who they are, part of their DNA, if you will." She explained.

Off in another room, the witches of the academy and Kyle sat in chairs, proudly watching the interview on a monitor. All the girls were wearing black and Angel had her sister's shawl wrapped around her shoulders, her sunglasses sitting firmly on the bridge of her nose.

"Oh, I see. So in fact, you're saying that it's not a choice, being a witch." Bill elaborated.

Cordelia nodded, "That's exactly what I'm saying. There are so many young witches who have resisted their calling because they're afraid of how they may be perceived, or what's expected of them."

"But there are still hate crimes."

"That is true." Cordelia agreed, "But you know, when you hide in the shadows, you are less visible, you have less protection. We'll always be targets for the ignorant. It is what it is. But we are strong women, Bill."

"So, what would you like to say to all the girls watching and wondering if they might be witches?" Bill prompted.

Cordelia looked directly into the camera lens and smiled, "Call us, email us, or just come to New Orleans. There is a home and a family waiting for you."

With that, the interview was concluded and the crewman began packing up their belongings, getting ready to move on to the next job. Cordelia politely shook hands with Bill and went to go join her girls. They stood from their chairs and gave proud smiles, nodding in approval. Angel rushed forward and gave the tall blonde a hug.

In the month since her rise, the two had grown closer than ever. Angel still had her bad days and cried when she missed her older sister but she was glad to have found a new place with the coven. It was just as Cordelia had promised her, she was never alone while she was here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angel opened another new file placed on Cordelia's desk, peering at the information of a potential witch.

"Addison Jaques. Detroit, Michigan." Angel said.

Cordelia nodded and took a pin, sticking it on Detroit. Before the Supreme, was a giant map of the United States, a large number of red pins stuck to it in varying places. Each one represented a potential witch who had submitted an application, in hopes of joining Miss Robichaux's.

Angel was about to grab another file and read off the information but Myrtle had entered the room.

"Hello, dear. Do you mind if I speak to our Supreme alone?" She politely asked.

Angel looked up at Cordelia, she nodded, "Go ahead. Maybe find Zoe, I'm sure she'd appreciate your company."

The girl snorted, placing the file back on the desk and standing, "Yeah, if she's not suckin' face with Kyle right now."

Cordelia shook her head in amusement, ruffling the girl's hair as she passed by her on her way out.

"I'm so proud of you." Myrtle stated as soon as they were by themselves.

Cordelia turned back to the map, "We need to discuss the Council. We've never had young witches on the Council, and Angel, Queenie, and Zoe all deserve an elevated role at the school to set them apart. What do you think?" She asked, looking at Myrtle for her opinion.

"I would start by telling them that being an authority figure requires you to make hard, unpopular decisions for the greater good." Myrtle told her.

She glanced up from the files in front of her, "They've matured so much, I think they can handle it. Even kind-hearted Angel would be capable of making such decisions."

"I was talking about you."

Cordelia paused, "Me?"

"You have every chance to be the greatest Supreme this coven has ever seen." Myrtle started.

"Stop." Cordelia laughed, a small blush forming on her cheeks.

"Delia, I have something to say and your tasteful modesty is out of fashion, so knock it off." Myrtle said seriously. The smile fell from Cordelia's lips.

"Thanks to you, we're entering a new era. You've planted the seeds but in order to reap their harvest, you have to clear the rot of the past." Myrtle approached the blonde.

She shook her head, "Myrtle, you know I love your metaphors, but I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Me. I'm talking about me." The elder said quickly, "We all know what happens to a witch who grievously harms another witch."

"I hope you're not suggesting..." She whispered.

"I'm not suggesting. I'm insisting."

Cordelia couldn't believe what she was hearing. She knew Myrtle had a few loose screws, but this? "You want to be burned at the stake? Again?" She asked incredulously.

Myrtle shook her head, "Want has nothing to do with it. At the start of your glorious reign, the last thing you need is an ABSCAM or Watergate. I killed and I must pay for it. Now, before word leaks and you are tainted by my hubris and actions, however deserved-"

"Myrtle." Cordelia interrupted, she dropped her voice to a whisper, "Stop talking. I didn't hear this. I didn't."

"Listen to me, child. Now that you're in charge, my life's work is fulfilled. I've made many painful mistakes in my life. I want my death to have some meaning." She explained.

Tears gathered in Cordelia's eyes, "No! No way. You were my mother... my true mother, just as you promised you would be and I can't do this without you." She whimpered.

"Stiff upper lip, my dear. Everything you do or say ripples through the entire coven. You cannot be a hypocrite. I won't stand for it."

The Supreme bit her lip as tears fell from her eyes. She wished she could deny it, but rules were rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The current witches of the coven were standing before a raised mound of earth, atop it stood Myrtle Snow who was tied to a post. She was wearing an elegant, floor length dress and her shades were firmly placed upon her face. Everyone else was dressed in black, an umbrella in hand. Angel had her own sunglasses on as she gazed up at Myrtle. She didn't really want to be here, but she was there to support Cordelia. She knew how the Supreme felt about the redhead and she could only imagine how painful this must be for her.

She stood next to the woman and looped her arm through hers. She gave it a comforting squeeze as she wiped tears away from her face. She glanced down at the young blonde for a moment, and while she couldn't see her eyes she knew that they were comforting and sympathetic.

She took a deep, shaky breath in, "In the absence of the Council, as reigning Supreme of this coven, I hereby decree, for the murders of our sister witch Cecily Pembroke, and our colleague Quentin Fleming... you..." Her voice cracked, thick with emotion, "Myrtle Snow, are hereby sentenced to death by fire."

"Delia, my sweet daughter, I have never been more proud." Myrtle said softly, smiling.

"Any last words?" Cordelia asked sadly.

"Only one." Myrtle replied, "Balenciaga!" She shouted to the heavens.

She closed her eyes, her lower lip trembling as she lifted her free hand and Myrtle Snow was set aflame. Angel closed her eyes tightly and looked away; she couldn't bear witness to another burning of a witch at the stake, but that didn't prevent her from hearing the agonized screaming of the woman. Cordelia cried quietly beside her, her body shaking with the sobs that threatened to escape. She only stood there for a second longer before grabbing Angel's hand and leading the girl away, Zoe and Queenie following closely behind the two.

And so, came the death of another witch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a new day and Zoe, Queenie, and Angel were all standing side-by-side in front of a window upstairs. Tons, maybe even hundreds, girls stood outside waiting for entry into the coveted Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies. Angel was amazed, for the longest time she had believed that her and her sister were the only two people on the planet with magical powers.

"Line's around the block." Zoe observed, amazed by the turnout, "Where are we gonna put all these girls?" She asked.

"We'll buy more houses if we have to." Cordelia confidently responded, walking into the room. She stopped before the three, a proud smile on her face as she looked at her girls.

"Look at you three. You are all powerful witches, with more skills and confidence at your young age than I had for much of my life. I need all of you to help me fulfill the promise of all this coven can be. A place to protect, develop, and celebrate witches." 

She paused for a moment, gazing at them, "You will not only be my right hands, you will be my council. What do you say?" She asked, chuckling at their shocked faces.

She held out her hands, Queenie smiling and grabbing onto it. "I got your back." She promised.

"Good." She smiled, "And you?" She asked, looking at Zoe.

She nodded, taking Cordelia's other hand. "I'd be honored."

"Angel?"

The blonde bit her lip, "Are ya sure?" She asked nervously, her lack of confidence in herself shining through.

"Yes, of course I am." The Supreme reaffirmed.

Angel decided to put her reservations aside just as Cordelia had advised the night before the Seven Wonders test and smiled brightly. She rushed forward and hugged the woman, giving her a quick squeeze before stepping back. "Yes, I'll do it!"

"Should we open the doors now?" Zoe asked, smiling at her colleagues.

The smile briefly fell from Cordelia's face as she heard the distant chuckling of Fiona. She looked at the girls, "Not yet. Stay here. There's just one more thing I need to deal with." They nodded in agreement and the blonde quickly took her leave, heading downstairs to confront her mother.

The girls turned back to the window to look out once more. The possibilities were endless with this many girls present. So many different personalities, likes and dislikes, some many strengths and weaknesses.

"Excited?" Zoe whispered, lightly bumping Angel's shoulder.

The blonde quickly glanced at her friend, she stared out the window and pulled her sunglasses above her eyes for a brief moment, taking in the array of colors emanating off the many girls. She put them back down and wrapped Misty's shawl tighter around her shoulders, shrugging.

"Sure, who wouldn't be excited to live in a house full of teenage girls?" She sarcastically quipped, smirking a little.

Queenie barked out a laugh, "Amen!" She said, high-fiving the swamp witch.

Zoe chuckled, nodding her head in agreement, "Let's just hope none of them are another Madison."

"Hollywood?" Angel shook her head, "Nah, none of them could be as bad as her."

"You never know." Queenie replied.

"Guess we'll just have to find out."

The three remained upstairs on their own for about 10 minutes before Cordelia came to retrieve them. They made their way down, the girls standing at the bottom of the staircase as Cordelia remained a few steps above them.

"Alright..." She sighed, a small smile on her face, "Let's open the doors." The Supreme nodded to Kyle who stood by the front door. Once again, he was wearing a black suit, his hair slicked back. He nodded in response to her request and opened the door.

The girls trickled in, looking around the white walls of the school in amazement. They allowed all of them to explore for a moment, Kyle taking some of their bags and leading a few of the new students upstairs to their rooms.

They all gathered in the main hall afterwards, Cordelia standing atop a step as Queenie, Zoe, and Angel stood below her. She began her opening speech she gave to all the new students she had welcomed before as the Headmistress.

"Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies was established as a premier girls' finishing school in 1790. Afterwards, it came under new management. Our management. We survived. Up until now, that's all we've done." Cordelia smiled at the group of girls, "But as I look at your faces, all of them beautiful, all of them perfect, I know together, we can do more than survive. It's our time to thrive."

One of the girls in the middle of the group quickly raised her hand, "What's a Supreme?" She asked.

"You're looking at her." Queenie replied. The three new members of the Council looked up at Cordelia as she smiled bashfully and slightly chuckled, she looked down at her right hands.

That's right, she was the Supreme. Through all the trials and tribulations, they all had survived. No more would the coven be run by a selfish, narcissistic, flighty Supreme known as Fiona Goode.

Now, it would be run by the headstrong, ever-present, and determined Cordelia Goode. And by her side, to help run the coven, would remain the ever-faithful Queenie, Zoe Benson, and Angel Day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 397 11
From strangers to friends, friends to a broken heart and then to strangers again... maybe friends again? or lovers this time? Melanie Blake met Corde...
4.5K 148 13
โฑ http:หšโ™กlove_witch! หšห‘ุ˜ โœจ ยทหš โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ I fixed the dead โž โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Georgia Thompson loved the one person she couldn't have. The on...
11.5K 704 14
Your a witch at Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies, no one knew your power. You had the ability to make plants grow, because of th...
148K 6K 25
(Y/N) starts her new life at Robichaux's Academy and she meets the incredible Ms. Cordelia Goode. She fell immediately in love with her, the only pro...