A step beyond the line

By Marwajowsi2000

She never knew what her kind was.. His days were spent on battles for truth.. She was a muslimah since birth... More

Prologue
1. A Broken heart and its plight..
2. New beginnings!!!
3. Fobble scoops?
4.Ice creams and rain?
5. Life and its surprises..
6. Invisible lines?
7. Deepened Cross roads..
8. sugar coated mysteries
9. pray.. it will make sense
10. peace resides deep in here bubbles..
11. Fly to your dreams bubble..
12. An enemy of an enemy is always my friend..
13. In the straggle of time..
14. The ray of light in my monotony..
15. Blood doesn't define family
16. Some heroics..
17. life sucks and its okay..
18. His beloved..
19. Cusps in a fairytale
20. Bits and bits of the puzzle

21. love- a form of sustenance..

17 2 1
By Marwajowsi2000

                       💙 08th June 2021  💙

Hira clutched Imani's  hands tighter with every step forward..

Standing at the threshold, Imani rang the bell and stood back, while Hira scooted closer to her.

"Why are we here?" Hira asked in a timid voice.

"We are here to meet my friends, Hira.."

"Friendsh?"

"Yessh friendsh..  we might be able to find you friends too" Imani winked..

The door was opened by a beaming Ahaana, making Hira cower behind Imani's duppatta..

"Assalamu alaikum Imani.. come on in.." she looked at Hira quzzically, before it was replaced by a look of recognition.. She smiled at Imani  and took Hira by her hand, nodding Imani in..

"Assalamu alaikum little one.."

"Walaikumshalaaam" Hira whispered , clearly terrified..

Ahaana burst into a fit of laughter, carrying Hira in her hands..

Imani always marvelled at how very few things made Ahaana content.. it didnt take much to make her laugh.. Her laughter was contagious.. and that made anyone in her vicinity burst into laughter..

Hira looked confused while a small smile tugged at Imani's lips.. Hira was too cute for words some times..

"Azzu.. Imani is here.." she called out.. while seating Hira in the sofa and kneeling beside her..

"Hey  Hira.." Ahana said pinching Hira's cheeks,
Hira giggled shyly..

"She is soo sweet Imani.."

"Nooo you are shweeter.. auntie.." Hira gave an impish smile.. lowering her eyes shyly..
Imani was surprised at her courage but burst laughing nevertheless..

"What did I just hear.. what did I just hear.. did the shweetesht little princeshhh call me shweet.. did she did she?" She mimicked Hira tickling her tummy and earning an erupt of melodious laughter.

"Imani go upstairs Azzu's lazing in her room, ill join with snacks.."

Ahana walked up the stairs to Azzu's room Hira trailing behind her..

"Oh she is here.." Azzu said absentmindedly. Imani nodded seating herself on the bed with Hira scooting closer in her lap.
Azzu sat across her on a bean bag chair taken aback

With a knock on the door Ahaana bustled in carrying a plate of cooking and 3 steaming cups of tea and a cuppa of milkshake.

"Cookies for Hira " she announced stooping down to her level and handing her a cookie.

Hira accepted the cookie shyly and started breaking the cookie into piece while the three of them watched in bewilderment.

With eyes casted down, she moved forward and laid a piece of cookie into everyone's hand and started nibbling on hers.

"What is this sweetheart?" Ahaana questioned looking at the quarter of the cookie in her hand.

"There isn't enough food for all in here. Eat what you get and when you get and don't you dare speak a word shush.. " hira recited.. "-but ummi says world becomes beautiful when you share and allah gives you more. So hira shares " she declared shyly and went on chewing her piece of the cookie smiling in contentment .

The three elders were staring at her open mouthed through her little speech, Ahaana was the first to recover.
"She is wise." She decided. "Learn something from her Azzu."

" Come on Hira, let's get you some new friends " she grabbed the milkshake along with the little girl's hand,
Hira halted, looking at Imani for permission, she nodded and casted her eyes down while Hira walked away.

It took Azzu the time to finish 3 whole cookies,a cup of tea and Ahaana to return back before Imani lifted her head.

"So.. Hira looks too skinny right?" Azzu prompted.

"Yeah."

"Seems like she's been harassed both mentally and physically in that place."

Imani nodded. "I tried talking to Muradh" said she.

"And?"

"It was the same as the first time" she shrugged.

The first time Imani tried to talk it out of Muradh, her endeavour have been a first rate failure.
Despite Hira calling him daddy and the close knit bond they share.
Muradh downright denied his bioligical relation with Hira, refused to reveal any details about her. When questioned further all he said was.
"Try trusting me bubbles, everything will come to light in the right time."

Of course she trusted him. But it was getting difficult with everything against him. Yet there was a voice calling out to her saying there should be more to this puzzle, and she was impatient to find out.

Yesterday she has baited Muradh keen to make him agree or reveal the truth but it had back fired at her..

Imani was waiting for Muradh to come home while Hira was playing with her dolls murmuring to herself.  

After ages of waiting, in walked Muradh looking tired and forlorn.
Hira flung herself at him screeching "daddy daddy"
Muradh gathered her in his arms and smothered her with kisses, his eyes crinkling, a full fledged smile gracing his fetures.

The corners of  Imani's lips twitched in a smile, taking pleasure in the bubbling laughter of the little girl. Hira's laughter  always hit a little close to home.. it reminded her of her days spent on playing in the streams and hiking on the thicket of forests, a feeling she was able to resonate to Thahani.

"Daddy daddy, this missh got me new toysh.. hira gave her old onesh to friendsh. Mish got Hira new dolls" she screeched in excitement."

"You took her shopping?"

Imani nodded. " yes she needed new clothes and I needed stuffs to decorate her room too and on the way we got shome toysh too.." she smiled at Hira

"And ish cream too" Hira added.

"But bubbles, you had campus interview today" Muradh glared at her.

Imani shrugged obstinately which infuriated Muradh. She knew she was testing his patience.

"Hira can you take daddy's bag upstairs please" Muradh requested for which she blissfully obliged.

Imani rose to follow her, only to have Muradh yank her arms back.

"What do you think you are doing Imani" he growled

Imani felt a cold dread settling on her insides yet she stood her ground.

"Making her feel at home" Imani replied playing dumb.

"She is not staying here. Not with us" he hissed.

"She is. You can't take her back to that orphanage. You can't send her back Muradh, I don't know why you chose that ghastly place in the first place." Imani wailed exasperated.

"Stop acting like you care. She is not your daughter." He spat venomously.

Imani blinked back the tears threatening to spill. His words stung.

"She might not be my daughter but she is yours, if you aren't taking her responsibility I will.." she screamed and stormed out of the room.

"That was rude Imani" Azzu chided, Ahaana had a perplexed expression on her face.

"I don't think she was" Danish said, his eyes obstinate.

Imani didnt notice him earlier. He must have slipped in while she was talking.

"He wasn't making it any more easier Azzu, besides he wants to take Hira away from me, to that stupid orphanage. You already saw how much she is affected by them and she is only 4" she cried.

She was part angry at Muradh for trying to take Hira away while partly being stunned at her attachments to Hira.

It was a mixture of foreign feeling clawing at her heart. A mixture of having your hands on something you sorely missed and a gut wrenching realization of wretched irony.

How could she cry for the child of the woman she had to share Muradh with. Nevertheless she did.

"Imani, about Hira's mum-" azzu started.
"Do we have to care about that?" Danish's eyes flashed murderous at Azzu.

Before Imani could reply, the door opened and in marched Eshaal, Alisha and Hira.

"Mummy mummy...is it true that hira has an Angel?" Eshaal dashed to Ahaana literally bouncing on her feet?

"She does?" Ahaana asked smiling.

"Yess cachi, she said she doesn't have a mummy like me and Eshaa but she has an angel. How come we didn't get an angel?" Alisha asked.

"Yess. You have mummy, but I have an angel.." Hira confirmed it beaming.

"Who's this angel Hira? Can she get you chocolates?" Azzu joked.

"She is my angel.." she pointed at Imani. "Yesh she can get you chocolates." Hira agreed.

Imani's word got stuck in her throat, when Hira beamed at her with such intense affection..  overwhelmed she managed to croak out "Why??"

"Mishh angels are pretty, they have long hair, they are so loving and get you toys and gives good night kisshes.. you are my angel mish.." Hira finished her little speech..

Imani didnt trust herself enough to speak.. instead she took the little girl in her hand, locking her in her embrace making her self a promise, no matter what,she is not gonna watch anyone hurting her little girl. Any one might tell otherwise but Hira was hers so was she Hira's..

The concept of love is as aspiring as of sustenance.. you have no idea which morsel of food contains your name. Neither do you know whose share of love is your heart destined to carry nor do you know who carries the love destined for you.. at the right moment it just happens and the destined is delivered what they deserve..

Allah almighty have sown love in her heart for this little girl and Imani was going to let it grow, nurturing it until Hira bloomed as the beautiful young woman Imani visioned her as.. she is going to make sure of that..

Author's note..

Assalamu alaikum people.. here I am back after 7 whole months..

Do like, share and comment..

Much love

Stay safe..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 1K 54
'No....'she spoke anxiously in anger, her rose-tinted lips trembling, and tears welled up in her eyes. hearing 'No' from her mouth, it felt like my...
285K 49.7K 87
*Could you ever love a broken person?* "I understand that you're broken," he said as he lifted her chin so she stared directly into his eyes. "But I...
4.7K 210 60
STORY BEING EDITED ----- (Arsalan's POV) She lifted her purse and raised it to strike me once with more, the anger returning to her eyes but only ha...
102K 5.6K 32
AND WE CREATED YOU IN PAIRS (78:8) UNDER EDITING Note: IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE/ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY ME IN THE COMMENTS Thanks😘 _______________________...