|| Bhanupriyaa : The Rule of...

By Nakshatra012m

Book Ӡ in PandavaNandini Trilogy " Our love would remain forever, eternally going beyond the elixir of heave... More

Preface
Dedication
Prologue
2 | The Labyrinth of Despair
3 | Celestial whispers
4 | Remains of Hastinapura
5 | Shattered Reflections
6 | Dead End
7 | Embers of Revelation
8 | Flames Turn Cold
9 | Scars of the Past
10 | When Virtue Ascends
11 | The Power of Belonging
12 | Moments that Matter
13 | United Hearts
14 | Heartfelt Connections
15 | The Throne's Call
16 | Stardust Gatherings
17 | Before the Mahotsavam
18 | Maharaja Patta-Abhisheka
19 | Whispered Goodbyes
20 | Miles of Love
21 | Societal Chessboard
22 | Duality's Canvas
23 | Velvet Dreams
24 | Stars Aligned
25 | In the Shadow's Wake
26 | Timeless Beginnings
27 | The Golden Hour
28 | Vivaha Utsavam
29 | Kalyana Vaibhavam
30 | In the Heart's Embrace
31 | Within Lotus Heartbeats
32 | Inside Their Hearts
33 | Heartstrings Attached
34 | Glow of Krishna's Plumes
35 | Progression with Reforms
36 | Moonlit Melodies
37 | Lands of Vrindavan
38 | The Immortal Bond
39 | Poisoned Roots
40 | Scattered Ashes
41 | Our Divine Eternity

1 | A Night of Ghosts

951 89 43
By Nakshatra012m

|| - A night of Ghosts - ||  

When the stars rained down like tears and the earth split up with fire. 

◊◊◊

The winds howled, rising ashes dancing throughout the place. Barren and lifeless , the exact synonyms of the situation.

Suthanu's eyes went to a man who screeched in pain. Her legs quickly took upto move towards him as she put the leaves on his injury that she had collected before her departure which had been tucked in her waistband. The man breathed as he pressed his injury before sitting up.

" You need rest " , Suthanu's voice was soft that the soldier's eyes blurred with tears. None of them could save their loving princes and kings !

" Rajkumari , my life is your debt. Every part of it , I owe to Samrat and Samragini " , he managed to speak. Suthanu breathed deeply , she had to become rigid. Her parents...with that her heart plunged in grief.

" This is deeds of that deceitful Ashwatthama Rajkumari which he got by praying to Lord Rudra " , the soldier furiously uttered as Suthanu's eyes widened.

" Senika , tell me exactly on the events " , Suthanu ordered. With every word , her eyes turned red with blood rising in her veins. She rose from her place as the soldier too got up waiting for instructions. Suthanu turned back to him as she tried controlling her emotions, she can't give such a news to her fathers by her own self - she didn't have the strength to face their grief at the moment.

" Leave to Oghavati and give this news to everyone there. Please do this for me Bhadra " , Suthanu requested turning back to look at him. " Don't make me feel ashamed Rajkumari. You can always order me " , he bowed before leaving to his destination.

' Devon ke dev Mahadeva ' , Suthanu chuckled hard turning bitter , ' You have successfully destroyed the family. I have never questioned you once in my life time Shiva Shambu not even post Dyuta Sabha. Everything you gave I thought it to be your blessing and accepted it. What did you gain Lord Rudra by snatching my brothers , uncles and innocent people's life ? Who better than you would know the pain of losing a son then why did you give that pain to my parents ? Who better than you would know what is to live without your life partner then why did you have to make millions of them as widows? MahaKaala , what is your justice this time that this mortal is unable to understand? '.

' Agni Dev , my brothers were your own anshas - you being their divine Pitamaha. Then how can you burn your own self ? Answer me , Swahapati. Leave me , what would you answer your daughter ? Fire signifies purity and you burnt that Dharma itself ? '

Suthanu poured her anger into words as the winds swirled trying to calm her down. The angst of her heart adding on to the anger , intensifying it manifolds. If at all she was in a stable mind , she would have seen the light that emitted from her own self.

Her back straightened as she heard the speeding chariots and horses. She shut her eyes momentarily calming her self down before turning to see her fathers noticing Nakula wasn't present.

Broken , would be a word less as she saw  Yudhishthira fall to the ground on his knees defeated by the circles of fate. Bhima holding onto Yudhisthira as his own eyes blurred. Arjun and Sahadeva gone entirely silent as even the four supported each other like always.

Her eyes met Arjun first as he was surprised at first later gestured her to come to Yudhishthira. Suthanu took slow steps towards the four not quite getting what Arjun meant. But she saw a little easy breath that Arjuna took once he saw her.

' Pita ' , her voice was softest but felt needed melody to the rest three.

" Bangaram " , the three exclaimed at once.Their eyes clouding with more tears.Yudhisthira took her in his embrace gently yet firmly.

" My daughter...is alive.. " , his words broke into pieces , " she is alive ". Suthanu's eyes widened as she heard the words. She had forgotten to add onto the message through the soldier that she was alive and it is she who sent the message. Understanding at once she whispered , " Pita , I am fine ". Instantly , she felt hands on her head which she knew would have been Sahadeva and Bhima.

" Panchala Naresh " , the loud wails of the women struck the four and Suthanu. They turned to look at the wives of Dhristadyumna.

They rose from their place , their entire heart focused on their children who were no more and eyes fixed on the women in front of them. Suthanu rushed to them as her aunts hugged her , crying their hearts out. Suthanu hugged Dhanya as the latter broke into shattering wails.

" Mamashree " , Suthanu got the sight of Krishna's chariot and Bhanu who had become his charioteer. Krishna walked towards the Pandavas as even Bhanu's eyes met Suthanu. The immense pain reflected in each other's eyes. Bhanu drew a deep breath trying to strengthen both himself and her. Why did fate had to be so cruel ? 

Understanding , she moved towards him.

" Thanu " , his voice was gentle yet all that she had to hear. " I remember Adi , I have to remain fine for our parents " , her mild tears brought tears to his own eyes. The sorrow of losing his brothers in abundance and her pain weighing prominent in his heart.

Bhanu interwined their hands as Suthanu looked upto him.

" My Thanu will be able to do this " , he whispered - his gaze seeping into her eyes. Suthanu realizing the sudden strength that came to her , it was him.

" Sons "

Suthanu turned alarmed. Her eyes widening at the sight of her mothers as even she glanced at Nakula entering.

" Vindhya , Dheya , Sarva , Soma , Sata , Suhotra , Mitra , Karma , Sena " , the names of the scions of Pandavas echoed through every pore.

Draupadi cried as even she made way towards their tent. Entirely shaken up , Suthanu rushed to her at once as did Bhanu move towards the Pandavas.

" Maa " , Suthanu held her as she was about to fall to the ground. Her eyes going to the other mothers who were equally pained as her fathers held them back.

" Tell me all this is a dream Thanu " , Draupadi whispered burying her face as Suthanu embraced her. It broke Suthanu to see her mother of all in such a state , she defined strength to not only her but she was the shakti behind her own fathers. To see her fall apart , she felt her own world had doomed. Draupadi raised to look at her , now shaking Suthanu to give an answer.

" No Maa " , Suthanu said softly as Draupadi looked at her with more tears. " No , no...no. This can't be true , this is a nightmare " , Draupadi repeated as Suthanu held her closer shaking her head in denial. 

Bhima now rose and took Draupadi in his arms trying to comfort the heart of a mother. Suthanu moved to Valandhara instantly.

Draupadi wiped her tears recalling the reason behind the slaughter of her sons.

" Aryaputron , our sons and my family members had been killed deceitfully by Ashwatthama. Until I know that he is dead , I will sit here in Praya. Either I die where I lost my sons or Ashwatthama will meet his end " , Draupadi announced as the Pandavas looked at her in shock.

Devika who rested her head on Yudhisthira's instantly looked up to Draupadi rushing towards the latter.

" Jiji " , her lilting tone was replaced by that of immense sorrow.

Recovering from the shock fast unable to lose her , Yudhisthira took up to question readily.

" Krishnaa , how would you believe if Ashwatthama has met his end ? ".

" With the gem on his forehead " , Draupadi answered as she even sat down in praya. Suthanu looked at her mother with tears knowing no amount of words could take back her decision. This was also the first time , she had seen this form of her mother. So vulnerable yet anger-driven resembling like that of fire itself. The anger was justful as well. No mother can bear the loss of her child top on that if it is done by deceit. Also , it was about her Draupadi's brothers - one who had always been a major part of her world. 

Bhima looked at Nakula once as he mounted the chariot with Nakula as his charioteer. He could not see Draupadi in this state so were his brothers.

Suthanu's heart though throbbed for Nakula , a moment. The selfless brother , the pillar so unshakable. He hadn't seen his sons properly yet took up the reins to hold the household.

" Jyeshtha , Ashwatthama has been your mentor. He is the possessor of Brahmaastra. I suggest we must go behind Bhrata Bhima " , Krishna's words filled the minds of other Pandavas. Yudhisthira nodded slowly.

" We must , Madhava " , Arjuna said looking one last time at Draupadi and Subhadra before making way towards the chariot.

" We will be back Jaya soon " , Sahadeva looked into Vijaya's distraught eyes. A reflection of his pain that Vijaya kept in her eyes.

The three Paarthas left with Krishna mounting their chariot as the Pandavabharyas eyes remained on them until they were out of sight.

Just than thunder flashed as rain poured down consuming the fire.

Suthanu lifted her rain blurred eyes to meet Bhanu's gaze. He could feel her slipping into the lines of darkness yet it was him who had to hold her.

' Don't my love , stay...stay ' , Bhanu's eyes conveyed all that his heart had. Suthanu blinked her eyes in acknowledgement. Bhanu didn't make a move knowing the wounds were fresh and his support at this moment to any of the queens would do more of harm than help. 

Next , Suthanu breathed as she looked at her mothers.

She rose from her place moving to Vijayaa and Karenumati as she held them close.

Devika held Valandhara and Subhadra close as even the two wept uncontrollably. Devika's own eyes submerged into a pool of water.

Draupadi sat closed with her eyes. Suthanu knew no power in the universe existed which could change her decision. Her fathers had to return only then her mother would arise ! Her mother has always been their shakti rising them up and it's their turn now to rise their shakti.

Bhanu stood rooted at his place for several moments watching a family that was his , now crestfallen right in front of his eyes.

A/N : Here comes the first chapter. Frequent updates can be expected from now on since I am a little free also given these were pre-written. 

Do leave your votes and comments ! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 331 15
Her eyes, brown like the mud she fell on, shed tears. Her hair, soft like a silk sari draped around her, laid on her shoulder even though they were r...
True Love By asmi

Historical Fiction

46K 1.2K 9
Arjun, the great warrior of his time and Draupadi,the fire born and the most beautiful woman in the world,the warrior princess turned empress and the...
228K 17.6K 80
❎Do Not Read before reading the 1st book of the series.❎ Drisana has started her journey to Indraprasth. After finding her place finally in Dwapar yu...