Waiting On You [18+]

Lightblue44 tarafından

Book 2 in The 'Three Words Series' Theo and Naomi haven't spoken since. Since everything, that night, first y... Daha Fazla

Author's note
Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
E P I L O G U E

24

2.7K 80 3
Lightblue44 tarafından

Staring at her reflection in the mirror, Naomi held the countertop for balance. She just needed to breathe, that's all she needed to do. Right now breathing is all that mattered.

Don't get yourself worked up because of the unknown, she thought to herself.

Looking at her appearance, she couldn't help but dust off the imaginary fluff off of her fitted black wide leg interview trousers.

Interview trousers.

As in yes, interview. Job, not necessarily, but hopefully.

She was going to an interview for a fashion placement at a company that would take place during term two, whilst also during her studies. It was optional, but Naomi wanted every bit of help for her future she could get. She wanted this internship placement and she intended on getting it.

It was just an interview standing in her way. A stupid interview.

Interviews made her panic.

They got into her head and made her over think. She hated them with a passion.

She was currently in Theo's bathroom at his house.

Theo had asked her to come over before her interview because he wanted to see her before it, as well as before his match, which was today in fact. Today, at the same time as her interview.

She felt so bad for missing it, but he understood completely and made sure she knew that he knew her future was important to her and he wasn't going to stand in the way of that.

She was thankful.

Theo was caring. He was caring, just as he was when he did something slightly out of his comfort zone when he moaned for her that night at Elijah's and Ollie's. When he spoke what he was feeling. How badly he wanted her. How after they fell asleep in eachothers arms and the next morning left together, but going their separate ways as they were both too busy for breakfast together with deadlines and hand in dates coming up so quickly, but promised to text when they could, and they did.

They did for a few days and now she was in his bathroom trying not to have a panic attack about this stupid interview which was happening in...forty five minutes.

Fuck.

Deep breaths, come on Naomi.

Theo sat on his bed scrolling on his phone, waiting for Naomi so they could go their separate ways. He wanted to say goodbye and wish her luck on her interview before they left, but she was taking a while. She had gone into the the bathroom to fix her her lipgloss which had gotten messy during their heated kiss earlier when she first got to his, but that was, what five? Ten minutes ago.

What was she doing?

Getting up and pressing his ear to the bathroom door, Theo could hear deep breaths. Deep breaths that sounded like she was gasping for air.

Shit, she was having a panic attack.

Trying the door handle, he found it to be locked.

"Naomi open the door" he called out, knocking on the door

No response.

He continued to hear her breathing get faster and wheezier.

"Baby please open the door" he pleaded.

Still nothing.

Fuck it, if he had to break down the door to get to her, he would. He wasn't letting her sit in there panic all by herself. He was going to comfort her. He needed to get to her. He needed to calm her down. Make her okay.

Just as he was about to knock again, the final time before he kicked down the door, he heard the door click open.

Looking down, he found her at the open door, distressed, holding her chest gasping for air as tears fell freely down her face.

Fuck, he never wanted to see her like this again.

He rushed over to her, sitting her down on the sink, so she could look at him and him only.

"Baby look at me" he started, as her eyes darted around the bathroom, blinking profusely because of the tears

He grabbed a hold of her chin and forced her to look at him in the eyes.

"Focus on me okay"

Theo had no clue what to even do when it came to panic attacks. He didn't even know if her looking at him would calm her down, but in the moment, that was the only thing he thought of. That's the only thing he thought of because that's the only thing that would keep him calm in the moment. At bay, if you will. Because he needed to see her brown eyes looking into his, to know she was still there, that she was still okay.

"Okay now I want you to breathe with me, nice and slowly" he cooed as her eyecontact with him and stayed, but her breathing was still erratic. She was still holding her constricting chest.

Theo took one deep breath in as Naomi took several in and out.

Her breathing wasn't slowing down and it was scaring her. She hadn't had a bad one like this in years.

It was scaring him.

She felt her hand that was on her chest, feeling her erratic heartbeat, being tugged away. She felt it end up in the confinement of Theo's hand, as he held it, using the pad of his thumb to rub her hand soothingly.

Watching the small action, Naomi felt a warmth in her heart.

She knew Theo knew nothing about her panic attacks. She could tell he probably knew nothing about panic attack full stop, but that didn't stop him from rushing into the bathroom to comfort her.

She didn't even realise it, but her breathing had slowed significantly since Theo had begun to sooth her and she was now breathing as she should after a run or some sort of exercise.

"Thank you" she smiled, in between deep breaths

"Baby you don't need to thank me, I'm just glad you're okay"

"I'm sorry, I really am, I'm sorry that I panicked, I'm sorry that you had to-"

"Naomi stop, you have nothing to be sorry for, you're nervous about this interview, you're allowed to be, but I don't understand why, you're amazing. But don't forget, I'm always here" he soothed as he continued to rub her hand

"Theo I can't do it" she whispered looking away from his gaze

"Yes you can and you will okay? I'll be right there"

"What about your match?"

"I'll miss it"

"No, you can't"

"If it makes you feel better I will, it's just a friendly game"

"No, it's your future, I can go by myself, I promise" she breathed out, hopping off of the countertop

"You sure?" He asked, watching her turn around and stare at her reflection in the mirror.

"Yes" she breathed, suddenly grasping the countertop, as she felt tingles in her feet, an after affect of her panic attacks.

Theo swept in and held her by her hips to steady her, she smiled thankfully, looking at him in their mirror reflection, trying to ease his stressed expression on his face.

"Now let's go before we're both late" she smiled as she touched up her makeup with a tissue, getting rid of any evidence of her crying a few moments before, surprisingly not having any effect on her makeup.

Theo was glad Naomi was feeling better, but he hated how he could watch her be so broken one second, and the next she was fixed, all okay and acting as if everything was normal, when it wasn't. She was allowed to not be perfect around him. She was allowed the break somedays. She didn't always have to be strong.

He saw her grab her lipgloss and was about to put it back on. He gently tugged her arm, causing her to turn around and look at him with furrowed brows as he hadn't said anything to her.

He looked down at her.

His girl.

He cradled her cheek with his hand, as she looked up at him, with his forehead pressed against hers.

"I'm always here for you" he whispered before he leaned down and connected their lips for a breathtaking kiss

Once Theo pulled away, Naomi was left there stunned. Her lips parted, staring up at her man. She nodded, too afraid to talk in the moment as Theo gave her a panty dropping smile.

He led the two of them out of his room and through the garden to his car.

He drove to the office she had her interview at and got there in no time. He didn't want her to be late.

"Theo I'm sorry for-" she started as he stopped the car outside of the tall building

"Shhh, like I said you have nothing to worry about, now go in and wow them" he smiled

"Thank you and good luck on your match I'm sorry I couldn't be there"

"Baby it's fine"

"No it's not, I should be there supporting you like you always support me"

"And you are, you're always supporting me, okay"

"Now go, I don't want you to be late" he laughed

"Thank you and good luck" she said as she got out of the car and made her way to his side to stand at the window

"I don't need luck baby, I have your support"

"Stop being stubborn Theo and take the luck, I'm sure you'll win regardless and you'll be treated for it"

"Treated?" He smirked

"Yeah, you'll- shit!" she started as she heard her phone alarm blaring from her coat pocket, telling her she had five minutes before the interview

"I'll pick you up?" He asked as he knew what that alarm was for. Naomi was always organised.

"I don't know how long this will be, just go, I'll get an Uber I'll text you when I get home okay?"

"Okay baby" he smiled as she turned around to walk into the building

He wanted to see her actually go inside to make sure she was okay, and she was. She was until she turned around and walked back over to the car.

He was just about to get out and scold her for not going in, when she bent down to the car's level and pulled Theo by his chain for a kiss.

"Thank you" she rushed out, breaking the kiss and speed walking back into the building

Theo smiled at her and saw her talking to a receptionist.

Now it was his turn to complete the task of the day.

He drove straight to the field. He went into the changing rooms and found Ollie and Elijah both on FaceTime on their own phones to Aimee and Tiana, telling them exactly where to sit so Coach couldn't see them and get them introuble for sneaking into a private match.

"Theo's here" Elijah mentioned, "Yo Theo, Tiana says hi and good luck"

"Tell her I said hi and thanks" Theo shouted, as he pulled off his T-shirt to change

"Alright boys!" Coach yelled over the racket of the eleven boys in the changing rooms

"I expect nothing less than a normal match, you've all been training hard and it's good to see. Remember, if in doubt, just pass to Theo, and if you can't see him, then Ollie or Elijah. And for godsake, I beg of all of you, keep the fucking ball away from Jimmy. He's a goalkeeper, he doesn't need to see that ball once all match!" Coach stressed

"That's all, now get onto the pitch" he ordered

Ollie and Elijah quickly ended their calls and put their stuff away. They tried to be as slow as possible in that task so that Theo could have more time to finish getting changed because they knew coach would give him shit for being late. He technically wasn't, but coach being coach, expected everyone to be ready by the time he came in and gave his speech before every match.

Theo had just laced up his left boot and made his way to walk onto the pitch.

His heart raced as he felt the adrenaline begin to fill his body.

He watched Ollie jog over to his position as a defensive midfielder.

He watched on the other side, Elijah get into position as winger.

He glanced at the two of them, showing them their special signal to show that they were boys. No matter if they won or lost, or one of them did something dumb on the pitch, they were there for each other. They were together forever.

The signal consisted on the three of them tucking in their gold or silver chains into their football shirts before every match.

They never planned this little tradition, it kind of just happened. When the three of them first started to bond and get to know each other, it was Ollie getting cussed by coach when he was still wearing his chain very visibly during one of their first matches, Elijah and Theo gave him the tip of tucking it in before the match just so that it wouldn't distract him. It then became a thing for the three of them in their makeshift triangle across the pitch to look at each other as they tucked it in before the whistle blew.

They would then nod at each other.

"Yo Theo!" Harry, the 'forward' on the team, shouted

Theo looked over at the brown haired, skinny boy.

"You got this" he smiled reassuringly

Come on Theo, you can do this.

Do it for Naomi.

Do it for the both of you, think of how happy she'll be when you tell her you won.

Getting into position, Theo nodded at the referee that everyone on his team was ready.

And the whistle was blown.

The match had begun.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

70.5K 1.8K 38
𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 "What?" I ask. He brings his hand to my face. His fingertips brush my lips. "What would you do," he says, "If I kissed you right now?" ...
39.4K 817 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
290K 9.9K 83
[Completed] Book 1 in The 'Three Words' Series - A/N I know this book isn't written the best and low-key cringe, it was one of my first, sorry. Naom...
422K 15.6K 70
Coming out must be hard but only doing so because you can no longer hide your feelings for your bestfriend is unimaginable. A story about falling in...