𝘾𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 (...

By Mixvella

People say he was a charming, young prince while other's say he was satan himself. A duke's daughter suddenl... More

Chapter One: Eligible
Chapter Two: Masquerade
Chapter Three: A Dance
Chapter Four: Proposal
Chapter Five: Outrage
Chapter Six: Unexpected Arrival
Chapter Seven: Answer
Chapter Eight: Royal In-Laws
Character Introduction
Chapter Nine: The Prince's Garden
Chapter Eleven: Bon Voyage
Chapter Twelve: Princess Eirene
Chapter Thirteen: Lady-in-waiting
Chapter Fourteen: Scheming Plan
Chapter Fifteen: Caught in the act
Chapter Sixteen: His Victorious Highness
Chapter Seventeen: Furious Prince
Chapter Eighteen: Inevitable
Chapter Nineteen: Lover's Quarrel
Chapter Twenty: Demeanor
Chapter Twenty-One: Amour
Chapter Twenty-Two: Royal Luncheon
Chapter Twenty-Three: Unveil
Chapter Twenty-Four: Ailing Prince
Chapter Twenty-Five: Belligerent
Chapter Twenty-Six: Mishap
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Dubious
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Machiavellian
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Timepiece
Chapter Thirty: Exertion
Chapter Thirty-One: Abscond
Chapter Thirty-Two: Affix
Chapter Thirty-Three: Comprehension
Chapter Thirty-Four: Midnight Serenade
Chapter Thirty-Five: A Growing Feeling
Chapter Thirty-Six: Come Upon
Chapter Thirty-Seven: An Old Entry
Chapter Thirty-Eight: A Merry Birthday
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Rendezvous (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Rendezvous (Part 2)
Chapter Forty: An Instinctive Poison
Chapter Forty-One: A Royal Act
Chapter Forty-Two: Flick
Chapter Forty-Three: Caelum
Chapter Forty-Four: One's Ordeal
Chapter Forty-Five: Culmination

Chapter Ten: Marriage

13.9K 545 365
By Mixvella

Some would say marriage is one of the happiest chapters in our life, but could I say the same? To be married to a prince was every ladies dreams. The charms, the wealth and the title, I will have it all if I say the word I do.

In each stride that I took towards that charming smile of his, the more I felt like my world is falling apart behind me. I didn't know what to expect, nor was I prepared to be a member of the imperial family.

All eyes fell on me, with unfamiliar faces and judging looks in some women. People who has more power, individuals who held more important titles than a duke's daughter. Yet, he picked me. The tiara and veil felt heavy, but I could only lift up my head high. To be a wife to a prince, I must be elegant in my own way.

I glanced to the other side to see mother and father, when I took a step forward from the aisle, I couldn't help but smile to see Imelda from the crowd as well. She waved a hand in my way as I looked back, making eye contact with Nikolas who looked at me with meaningful and admiration eyes.

He took me up the stairs as we faced each other in front of the massive cathedral. "You look stunning, my dearest (y/n)." he said in a whisper but I only ignored him and looked down on the bouquet of flowers.

My mind felt fuzzed with my own thoughts. So this is really happening. I thought that I would've been able to runaway from this palace yesterday night, but sentinels guarded my door and even from outside the window they all lurked through the shadows. I felt trapped in a place I didn't belong.

Nikolas probably expected that I would escape, it would be too dumb to leave a duke's daughter unguarded after all.

"Prince Nikolas Stormbore, do you take (Y/n) (L/n) to be your lawfully wedded wife in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do you part?"

Asked the priest while I glanced up at Nikolas who had a big smile on his face.

"I do."

He answered with a chuckle as I saw a faint blush on both of his cheeks. The look on his face wasn't something I've seen from him before, he was happy with his teary eyes. Nikolas took out a thin, white cloth and wiped the tears off of his face with a quiet sob.

I couldn't decipher if this was all an act to make it more believable or if he really was crying out of joy. Either way, I couldn't help felt surprised from my wide eyes and unsealed lips.

"(Y/n) (L/n), do you take Prince Nikolas Stormbore to be your lawfully wedded husband in sickness and in health, to love and to obey, until death do you part?"

The priest looked at me with narrow eyes. I darted my eyes back to Nikolas, the two words suddenly getting stuck under my throat as if someone was stopping me. The cathedral fell into silence after their few whispers from the prince's little tears.

Their stares made me feel suffocated. I gazed to the only people I know, my family. Mother nudged her head forward, signaling me to stop dozing off and to say those words I had faltered.

I looked back at Nikolas with pure hesitation as I forced myself to smile, "I do." I finally answered with success of not stumbling upon my words. He gave me a comforting smile, mouthing the words 'good job.'

"Then I pronounce you husband and wife!" said the priest with raised hands, "You may kiss the bride."

"Wait, what?" I looked at the priest with a horrific expression, feeling dumb to forget the kiss that seals the deal. I turned to Nikolas who was already leaning towards me. I gulped down a fear and took a step back, Nikolas snatched my arm and pulled me towards him with fluttered eyes. "Don't embarrass yourself, dearest (y/n)," he said in a hush, "Just kiss me." he closed his eyes.

"Not a chance, your royal highness." I replied with a low tone and kissed his cheek in a haste. I took a step back and opened his eyes with twitching eyebrows. Even if he was trying his best not to look annoyed, I could see it burnt in his eyes.

The crowd clapped in rejoice as they celebrate the union of two so-called-lovebirds.

After the ball that followed after the wedding, we were to reside to the prince's palace where I went to but Nikolas followed after in a chase. I turned around and sighed, "Yes, your royal highness?" I asked after his fifth call from down the hall. The prince caught his breath and stepped forward, "Is the ball not to your liking? I decorated the place just for you. I even made them put up your favorite color." Nikolas frowned like a child.

"The ball is lovely, your royal highness. But I'm just too tired, I could honestly sleep even from the loud music!" I explained with a forced smile, he hooked his arms around my shoulder and chuckled. "Then I'll go with you, my dearest (y/n)!" he said while he began to stride towards the chamber.

"Oh, that's not necessary your highness I--"
"It's boring without you there, (y/n). Without my wife, how could I possibly enjoy the ball?"

He rolled his eyes with a following groan, cutting me off from my protest. I looked down on the floor with a fluster and let him lead me the way to our chamber. "And as my wife, I demand you to call me Nikolas my dearest (y/n). You don't need to be so formal with me." he said while keeping his eyes straight to the long hallway.

"Of course, your high--" Nikolas looked at me with furrowed brows as a reminder to what he ordered, I sealed my lips and only nod in response.

Nikolas opened the door and I was met with a large bedroom. It was immensely bigger than my own room back at home, it might as well be the size of our dining room. I didn't notice that the sun was no longer out either when I looked out at the balcony, the moon shun so bright with the stars that twinkled in the dark, beautiful sky while I hear the music from the ballroom faintly.

I felt Nikolas wrap his arms around my shoulders, pushing me close to him. "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" he asked while he looked at me instead of the sky. "It is, Nikolas." I answered calmly with admiration written all over my face.

He put his fingers beneath my chin and pulled me to look at him while I raised a brow, "You're as beautiful as the moon, (y/n)," he whispered low and kissed the top of my forehead as he chuckled. I darted my eyes back to the sky, feeling my heart skip a beat and my cheeks going to a flush.

"Shall we sleep, my dearest (y/n)?" he stretched his back and took my hand, pushing me to the bed while he took off his black waistcoat. "You can take off your gown, if you'd like (y/n)." he pointed while he combed his hand through his hair.

"P...pardon?" was the only words I could let out in shock, "Do you want me to help you?" he raised a brow in question, I immediately shook my head no while I felt myself heating up more and more. This man is full of surprises. "I...I can do it myself, Nikolas." I said while I hurried my way inside the bathroom and slamming it close.

I stretched my arms back, trying to undo the ties while I grunt and fail miserably. I heard a knock on the door and before I could even respond, Nikolas went inside and made a tsk sound and rolled his eyes right at me.

"You don't have to be shy, (y/n). I'm your husband now." he said while pushing my hair back, kissing the back of my neck lightly. I flinched from the sudden contact and bit back a yell. He began to undo the laces and helped me out of the bodice. I felt the relief pass by me like a wind as I was finally able to breath without restrictions.

He untied the laces of from the back of the lace top as I stepped back with my arms covering my chest. "I'll...I'll do the rest, Nikolas!" I yelled and pushed him out of the bathroom in embarrassment.

After what felt forever, I finally got to put on my night gown. It was harder without any assistance, but for my husband to undress me was something I didn't want. I walked out of the bathroom to see a sleeping Nikolas.

I tiptoed my way to the bed and slowly laid beside him. I glanced at his face, the light that emitted from the moon shunning bright on his mary-sue like features.

Somehow, I felt the need to touch his face. I stroke a finger to his cheek as I gasp when Nikolas clutched on my wrist and pushed me down on the bed with a cheeky grin plastered on his lips.

He towered over me and I could do nothing but stay stocked-still. "You're so cute with that look on your face, (y/n)." he laughed and laid on top of me.

Nikolas buried his face to my neck and laid soft kisses. "N...Nikolas?" I called his name with a puzzled look, he hushed me down with an index finger to my lips and played with (h/c) strands of my hair as he hummed a song. "Don't move, (y/n). Let's stay like this...forever."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 2.2K 26
This is a book that's just Yandere x reader because I have an unhealthy obsession with Yanderes. 😁👍 There are ⚠️ trigger warnings ⚠️ ...
278K 8K 46
In a fantasy realm where magic exists, a girl is forced to marry an ice Prince whom she doesn't love. Marrying him would benefit the kingdom when a w...
839 36 24
Sleep while you can for in the night cold eyes rest upon your frame and his devil smile creeps across his face to make his menacing shadow After all...
229 8 5
Princess (Y/n) is now old enough to start the next step of her life. Getting married. She's forced to meet a few princes her mother picked out for he...