Disillusioned

By Jorshie

Meet Tyler, he's 19 and he has it all in his comfortable safe life. Or so he thought... In one day his whole... More

Chapter One - It's The Life
Chapter Two - Unexpected Secrets
Chapter Three - Never Talk To Strangers
Chapter Five - Pyronix
Chapter Six - Two Is Better Than One
Chapter Seven - A Family Affair
Chapter Eight - Friends With Benefits
Chapter Nine - Days Of Study
Chapter Ten - Tables Turn
Chapter Eleven - People Never Change
Chapter Twelve - Girl Fight
Chapter Thirteen - True Friends
Chapter Fourteen - Crazyline
Chapter Fifteen - Confrontation
Chapter Sixteen - Relax said no one ever.
Chapter Seventeen - Saxon Says
Chapter Eighteen - Forgive And Forget?
Chapter Nineteen - No-one Likes Hospital
Chapter Twenty - The End?
Chapter Twenty-One - Friends Forever
Chapter Twenty-Two Doctor Doctor
Chapter Twenty-Three - That's How You Get The Girl
Chapter Twenty-Four - Everyone Has Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Five - Walking Through Vegas
Chapter Twenty-Six - Goodbye Goodbye
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Behind Door No.1
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Freedom
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Say What?
Chapter Thirty - Seeing Red... A lot Of It.
Chapter Thirty-one - Coming out
Chapter Thirty-two - Fight Fight Fight!
Chapter Thirty-three - The Final Blow
Chapter Thirty-Four - Safe Again!
Chapter Thirty-Five - Riya's POV

Chapter Four - Meet Beauty

217 39 1
By Jorshie

I hear a screech that is so loud I honestly feel like my ear drums have exploded. My eyes are shut extremely tight and I am not willing to open them anytime soon. Soon I hear a burst of laughter next to me. It’s Dean.

“That was hilarious!” Dean chuckles loud.

I open my eyes and see Saxon huddled over Brooke on the ground. The car that was previous chasing us had swerved to the left and the people were still in the car. Still unable to see who the hell it is.

They are fine. Saxon and Brooke are really fine. I let out a sigh of relief. It then registers in my mind. Why the hell was Dean laughing? They almost died.

“What is so funny Dean?” I ask angrily.

Saxon and Brooke are unable to even speak they are just staring at the car that had almost hit them. Can you blame them honestly?

“Saxon knows exactly why it is so funny” Dean replies.

“Honestly I know of pranks Dean but this is far beyond a prank” Saxon stutters.

“What? The lead joker can’t even take a simple prank?” Dean asks.

Brooke interrupts them.

“Not when it involves almost killing us,” Brooke screams at Dean.

“Relax it was my return prank to pay to Saxon, the guy we walked past was a friend of a friend, I paid him a little to scare us a little and to pull the prank on Saxon. No one was actually going to get hurt” Dean explains.

“Your actually lucky it was your birthday Saxon or I would beat the living shit out of you right now!” Saxon laughs. Finally he has calmed down and has gone alone with the joke.

I turn to look at Brooke she is pissed. There is no way she is going to lighten up anytime soon. Her mascara has run all over her face. I guess that what happens when you think you are meeting death.

Dean waves to the guy in the car and he receives a wave back. With that the car drives off further up the road.

“You know Dean that was kind of a dick move” I say.

“Tyler, Saxon always plays jokes on us. This was just me paying him back a favour because you know what they say revenge is bittersweet, and that is what I am feeling right now.” Dean replies.

I start to brush myself off because I am now covered in dirt and flowers, because I have literally just jumped into a random persons front lawn and used their wall as protection. The rest of us start to walk down the road towards this ‘Pyronix’ club. After what has just happened I am still shaken and looking over at Brooke and Saxon they are too. Although it was a prank and it’s funny but when it’s happening to you it’s a completely different story. Just like those videos everyone posts on social networking websites of people falling over hurting them selves or hurting other people. I mean sure it’s funny when it’s happening to them, but when shit goes down and it is happening to you it isn’t even half as funny. 

We arrive at Pyronix, It actually looks cool. It’s a two-story building that is red with lights pretty much everywhere. Like a light palace or something elegant like that. I can see a red carpet being used as the entryway. Is this some sort of way of making people feel like they are important when they walk in.

Just as we are about to go inside I hear my phone ringing.

“You guys go in it’s just my sister I’ll meet you guys inside” I say.

Dean, Saxon and Brooke all nod and walk towards the entrance.

Riya usually calls me to break my head or to ask me one hundred and one questions about someone or something or about our dogs cousins friends neighbour’s dog. Basically a lot of questions about nothing.

I pull my phone out and hope to god it is nothing to do with what I saw yesterday morning. I take one huge gulp and answer my phone.

“Hello Riya” I answer.

“Yo what are you doing” She replies.

“I’m out for Deans birthday remember I told you not even like six hours ago?”

“Chill out I am just asking, Hey do you think that Dad was acting straight tonight at all?”

I stop and think for a few seconds. If I answer no then nothing will be said but if Miranda and Riya find out I was hiding something I would be in trouble. Even if I choose to tell Riya I know something is up I will have to explain myself but unfortunately I made a promise to Charlie that I wouldn’t. When I make promises I never ever break them. It’s when someone trusts you with something and then you go blab and tell everyone. If I told someone a secret I wouldn’t like them running their mouth all around town. So either way I’m up shit creek without a paddle. Life is bliss right now.

“Hello?” Riya yells.

“Sorry was just thinking” I reply. “Nah he seemed fine, didn’t have any issues to report with you”

“I see I see”

“Riya, you do realize how early in the morning it is what are you even doing up this late?” I ask.

“Nothing just wide awake and being nosey” Riya laughs.

She then hangs up without even saying goodbye. Typical of my beloved sister. I finally can walk into this new club and enjoy the rest of the night with my friends. No more cheating parents, racing cars or nosey sisters to break my head. Nothing is going to stop me from entering. Except for that. I look and see that in the last thirty seconds the line has gone from three or four people to like twenty. A club somewhere close must have closed or something. It could just be that because it’s me this happens. Being extremely unlucky has it faults. Then out of the corner of my eye I see the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on in my entire life. She is perfect. My eyes are glued to her. She is quite short probably her head reaches my shoulders, her body isn’t stick thin it’s fit like she works out every single day. Her hair is dark brown but looks so healthy and fresh. Her brown eyes if they ever looked at me it’s as if she was piercing into my soul. She is incredible. I must know her. I must. My confidence is at a royal low at the moment so I dare not approach a girl that looks like that. She cuts the line and walks to the front. She must be V.I.P. I mean look at her she is actual perfection. I start to imagine my life with a girl that beautiful for a minute. Screaming at the front then shortly breaks it.

“What do you mean I can’t come in tonight?” a girl shouts. It’s her.

“Your brother said tonight enough is enough and you aren’t getting in tonight Caroline” The security answer.

Her name is Caroline. I make a mental note of this because I will eventually grow a pair and talk to her.

“What? My parents own this place what do you think gives my brother the right to refuse me entry” Caroline screams.

I continue to hear screaming and yelling, even from the people in the line complaining that it is taking too long for them to get in.

“Throw her on the road” One guy yells.

“Just because she is pretty doesn’t mean she’s priority” A girl says with aggression. Obviously she is jealous because her face looks like the city bus hit it. I giggle to myself.

“Fine. I will go but tell my brother he’s an idiot I haven’t even drank that much, and if I want to party. I am going to party,” Caroline argues.

She starts to walk down the street. I know my friends are waiting inside for me. My impulse is telling me that I should follow this girl; she could be the girl of my dreams. What if she puts me down I guess I can see that I actually chased after one girl in my sorry sad little life.

I don’t actually mean that I am just being a bit of a downer with everything that has happened so far. I run after Caroline.

“Hey excuse me!” I shout as I chase after this girl. “I couldn’t help but notice what just happened and I was just following to make sure everything was alright, your name is Caroline right? My name is Tyler.”

The butterflies in my stomach are running wild at this point in time.

Caroline turns around. Her beautiful eyes full of tears. She looks at me. She doesn’t look disgusted which is a positive sign. I look back at her. I feel like I look like a puppy dog with a sign basically stuck to my forehead that says ‘Talk to me’. She continues to look at me and hasn’t spoken a word for about thirty seconds now.

“Yes my name is Caroline, Nice to meet you Tyler” Caroline sniffles as she rubs tears from her face. “Sorry I look like a mess”

She is so beautiful even when she is crying. If this were Caroline as a mess I would love to see her at her absolute best.

“You look fine” I say, “So what was that all about?”

We start to walk down the street together in the direction of a nearby park located in the city.

“My over protective brother you know. Our parents own Pyronix but when they are away he just thinks he can take over and not let me come inside” Caroline says. “I mean I’ve had a few run ins with my ex-boyfriend there and my brother just assumes that to solve the problem just don’t let me in the club anymore”

“Sounds rough but don’t you think it actually might be a good idea that you don’t see your ex-boyfriend?” I question her.

“Your right. It’s not like I am into my ex it’s just every time he see’s me he makes a scene and makes sure I don’t talk to anyone”

“Doesn’t seem fair now” I reply.

We have reached a random park. It is pitch black and they’re a few street lamps around. I keep thinking to my self that this girl has decided to take a walk with a stranger and is just having a general conversation with them. We both sit on a park bench.

“Yeah it’s not fair at all. I’ve never really had much luck with boyfriends anyway” Caroline sighs.

“Are you kidding me? You are absolutely gorgeous. Any guy would be lucky to be with you” I reply completely shocked.

“That is sweet your pretty cute too”

“I’m not really but thank you”

We sit in silence for about two or three minutes. Caroline then jumps and stands up.

“Oh my god I am so sorry. I mean you’re a random guy and I am just here telling you about my life and my problems and we haven’t even properly met” Caroline says flustered.

I stand up and scratch the side of my head. Just giving her a look of disbelief. I then let out a huge smile.

“Of course you know who I am, I’m Tyler remember. We met about ten minutes ago outside your parents club” I chuckle.

Caroline laughs back at me.

“Your right” Caroline smiles. “So tell me what brings you to Pyronix on a Saturday night, or should I say Sunday early morning?”

“I am here for one of my best friends birthday, but I am not going to lie while waiting in line I got distracted by this really beautiful girl” I reply.

Caroline laughs again.

“Well what are we doing here let’s get you into the club we can go together” Caroline insists.

“But how are we going to get in when your brother doesn’t want you in there?” I reply.

I look at her face and she has no trace of tears left on her face. She then lets out a huge smile.

“You are forgetting whose parents own the club” Caroline laughs, “I know a secret way to sneak us in”

She starts to run up the street. I think to myself I haven’t got anything else to do besides wait inline to get in. Life seems like it would be so much better with this newfound girl Caroline. She turns around and insists that I follow her.

I smile and follow her up the street and hopefully following her to the start of something new.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Broken By Claire

Teen Fiction

5.4K 215 40
Grace Jackson has been dealing with self hatred since middle school. It only became worse as the school years went by, and just when Grace feels it's...
4.1K 773 85
Amelia is turning eighteen and that marks ten years of her having to wait for a new heart . Not everyone knows about her condition . As she continues...
128 2 9
A boy named Nick meets a girl, her name was Celest. As Celest gets in major trouble, her entire school schedule gets changed. Coincidentally, she got...
705 9 3
What do you do when your parents all of a sudden die because of a car crash? Have to move in with your aunt that you never met before. New school, Ne...